Vol.10 Ch.7
400 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.7

And again, the room was completely white.

Ten sat up and starred at the scientists expressionless. It seemed like he woke up because one of them was too near for his taste.

The marshal was nowhere to be seen.

Good, marshal, you got yourself on my black list, Ten thought as he gripped the throat of the scientist who was too near for his taste.

From now on he wouldn’t be so nice and believe anything other people said to him. Ten ignored the stinging pain in his heart and dragged the scientist to the only door of the room while starring at the others. He wouldn’t miss it if they moved. And he didn’t miss that one of them moved, it seemed like he activated some kind of alarm or maybe it was like the other laboratory where they had a shield on the door, but if they used something like this Ten would simply kill them all before he broke it down.

Ten sneered. It was a child’s play for him to escape this place. As the scientists saw his sneer they all flinched and didn’t dare to look at Ten again.

At the door Ten finally turned around and then froze. The iron door reflected his image like a mirror. His eyes had turned into a crimson red, he clearly remembered that they were still blue yesterday, so had the scientists here done something without his knowledge or was this an after effect of the other laboratory.

Suddenly the door opened by itself. Ten was on guard as he threw away the scientist and got ready to tackle down whoever it was who came through the door.

It was Darius.

Darius was stunned as he opened the door after receiving a message. The scientists were huddled in a corner while Ten gripped one of them by the throat at the door.

Noticing that the door had opened Ten threw the scientist away before he glared at him with resentment and grievances.

Okay, that really was his fault. Darius had brought Ten here to simply get his body checked but he would never have thought that the person who slept like a stone even as he carried him here would suddenly wake up, while he was gone to get the professor.

Darius scratched his neck in embarrassment. He really thought that he would sleep through the examination.

But something was weird, the Ten he knew wouldn’t attack without a reason. Even if he only knew him for a few hours, this point was clear to him. The bodies in professor Y’s laboratory could be sorted by their injuries. The professor and his assistants had the most painful injuries, the guards were slightly better of, those who died the most painless dead were the experiments. By most of them you couldn’t even find an injury leading to their dead. A lay man would say that the reason for that was that all of them were lathered in injuries from the experiments, but he could tell, someone had killed them painless.

When he thought of that, Darius furrowed his brows. Someone had provoked Ten to attack.

“What are you doing? Didn’t I tell you not to approach him until I’m back?”

In face of the stern marshal the complains that the scientist wanted to make were strangled in his throat. It was true that the marshal had forbidden them to approach the experimental subject, since it could easily kill them if they provoked it but he had still wanted to get a closer look at it.

He had thought that he would be safe since it was sleeping. Who would have thought that it would suddenly wake up and nearly straggle him to dead. It was just an experimental object, so it should behave like one and let him do some experiments on him.

Darius saw that he was unrepentant and could only laugh coldly inward. There was a reason why that guy was still an assistant at his age, he simply didn’t have the morality to work with humans.

The man nearly choked when he saw the marshal’ cold look and resentment bubbled in his heart, that thing was not even human, why did he give him that look for the sake of some experiment?

Darius turned around to Ten.

Ten had already understood that Darius didn’t leave him here to get experimented on but he was still wary of the other. When he thought about it, why had he even trusted him in the first place? The two of them didn’t know each other, so why had he just assumed that Darius would never do anything to hurt him. It must be his imagination, though he couldn’t really be angry when he saw Darius looking at him with those puppy dog eyes. It seemed like he understood his fault and wouldn’t do it again. Ten would let it go this last time, if he ever betrayed him again he would simply kill him and flee the empire, it was not like there was something that could hinder him to do it.

“Hey Ten, is it alright if I bring you to the professor now?”

Darius was cautious as he asked, if Ten didn’t want to go he wouldn’t force him.

Ten nodded and took the muffin that Darius pulled out of nowhere.

Darius was happy for the first time that he had the habit to take snacks with him wherever he went in his space button. It could be seen on Ten’s eye colour that he had already calmed down, they weren’t red anymore.

Ten followed Darius through the hallways, it was as white as the other laboratory but with more humans and a few potted plants, while nibbling on his muffin.

It didn’t taste as good as Nine’s but he was a class for himself and you shouldn’t compare a free snack. Darius couldn’t see how Ten’s eyes curved in crescents, he was clearly in a good mood eating real food after such a long time. He couldn’t help but take a big bite out of it. But his good mood didn’t take long to turn into shock.

Darius opened the door to a room.

“This is professor X, he will examine you.”

Ten nearly choked to dead as he saw the face of the professor.

12