Vol.10 Ch.8
421 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.8

It was an old man with a lab coat and a white beard. For a moment Ten had thought professor Y stood before him, the name also didn’t help.

After coughing a bit and getting air back into his lungs Ten calmed down. It was impossible for professor Y to be here, he should be somewhere in prison or at least in a hospital. But Ten honestly thought that it would have been better to simply kill him to protect himself from the nightmares.

“Professor X was a student under the same teacher as professor Y, that’s why he is the only one who can find out what he has done to you.”

Darius explained.

“That’s right, at that time he got angry that teacher liked me more and began his efforts to perfect the human genome, so that teacher would accept him as his best student. Well, teacher died shortly after, killed by one of Y experiments. It was a tragic sight, I thought he would stop his experiments after that but it seemed to have left a shadow on him so he wanted to perfect his work for our teacher.”

Professor X shook his head. He was really sad about the way professor Y chose for himself.

“Well, let’s not talk about the past. First of all, I need a sample of your DNA and have to do a few other examinations, is it alright if my student is present?”

Ten nodded, he wasn’t interested in whether or nor professor X student was present or not, it wasn’t like he had something to hide or so.

“Good, this is Simon. He is also Darius childhood friend, so you don’t have to worry about Darius disturbing us when he stays here.”

Ten’s eyes twinkled, this old man was really nice.

Simon ignored Ten the whole time as he finished the preparations for the examinations, it didn’t seem like he was interested in Ten in any way but Ten also wasn’t interested in him so he was happy about it.

“First, we will take the DNA-sample, open your mouth, it won’t hurt.”

The professor put a small staff in Ten’s mouth before he pulled him out again and gave him to Simon to process.

“Next is a little strength-test. Take this ball and squeeze him as hard as you can, don’t worry about destroying it since it is made out of a special material.”

Ten did as he was told, with a loud crunching sound the ball turned into dust.

Now even Simon stared at Ten.

“Well, that was not your fault, I simply didn’t think of the possibility that you could be stronger than Darius.”

The professor stroked his beard.

After a short while the others seem to come out of their stupor. Simon took something like a light screen and gave it to the professor.

“Hm, your DNA shows clear sights of being tempered with. Even if I don’t know how it looked like originally, this is too messy to be natural. First we need to inject you something to hold it stable or your cells will break down. Good thing we found that laboratory or you would have died in less than a month.”

After injecting Ten with a red fluid he brought him to a huge machine. Ten lay down in a pod filled with blue liquid, like the one he woke up in, and was pushed into the machine.

“Don’t worry, it won’t take long and you will always be able to hear our voices.”

The professor was really nice and explained a lot of things to Ten so that he wouldn’t feel uncomfortable. It could also be because he was worried that Ten would go on a killing spree if he felt uncomfortable but Ten had no way to know his thoughts or his usual behavior.

After a short while, the examination was finished and Ten could climb out of the pod.

The professor and Simon studied the data and were surprised. After thinking about for a short while the professor decided to just tell them all of it.

“It seems like you will need a small operation, since there is a bomb on your neck. It would be quick and it’s not dangerous so you don’t need to worry about it. The second thing is that you don’t have any vocal cords. If you want, we can make some new ones and implant them. I can’t promise you that they sound exactly like the old ones but we should at lest get near it…. And the last thing that would most likely interest you, your womb is alright. It seemed like he protected himself by stalling his growth but with enough nutrients it won’t be a problem to bear children.”

Ten and Darius were shocked.

While Darius shock simply lay in him not knowing that Ten was a Ger, Ten was completely shell shocked.

What womb? What childbearing? Were they kidding him? He was clearly a man!

I'm not a doctor or someone with a background in the field of medicine, so forgive me if there are any inconsistencies.

13