Vol.10 Ch.9
408 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.9

“Professor, I don’t think that Ten knows what a ger is.”

Simon injected.

Both, the professor and Darius, turned around only to find Ten completely petrified.

“Well, it seems like we have to teach him some common sense. Darius, I leave it to you!”

“Me?”

Of course you, who else. You saw his strength for yourself, if he goes on a rampage you are the only one who can get in his way, for a while. You have to buy us enough time to get the tranquilizer. That aside, child, how about we go and get rid of the bomb for you?”

Ten came out of his frozen state and nodded slowly.

“Wait, the council will never allow that I take him with me.”

“Do you think that any one of them dares to go against this old man’s orders?”

Darius shrank back a bit, of course, nobody would say anything if it was professor X’s order.

“So, you will stay here with Simon, he looks like he wants to talk to you. And I will take care of the child for a while, when we are back he will be completely bomb free.”

Ten hesitated for a moment before he followed after the professor, after a last look at Darius the door closed behind him.

“What are you planning to do?”

Simon was angry. He wouldn’t allow Darius to take home a ger, it was basically like bringing home a woman.

“Do you dare to go against the professor? You heard what he said, and it’s not like he can get pregnant by staying at my place.”

“That’s only temporary. What do you plan to do that could get him pregnant.”

Darius smiled at the enraged Simon.

“Whatever I do is none of your business.”

Of course, Darius didn’t plan to do anything to a person without common sense, he was just a child. He would be disgusted with himself if he had any plans to do something with him that wasn’t suitable for children. But, he didn’t have to tell Simon what he thought. Whether or not Simon got angry had noting to do with him, not anymore.

Ten, the person without common sense, rubbed his neck. Finally he had gotten rid of the bomb in his body and could do whatever he wanted. First things first, he wanted to eat delicious food.

“If it weren’t for the instability of your genes, I really would want to study you.”

The professor said while stroking his beard, after he saw Ten’s healing ability.

After hesitating for a bit, Ten lifted his arm, so that the professor could do whatever he wanted with him. He had gotten rid of the bomb for him and Ten knew how to repay favors.

As the professor saw that, he smiled and poked Ten’s forehead.

“I said if your genes weren’t so unstable, you really need to learn some common sense. Listen well, child, don’t ever give something away so lightly, if you trust too easily then you will suffer.”

Ten blinked in understanding at the old man, thought his behavior seemed somewhat strange, he was really a good person.

The professor could only sigh as he saw Ten’s sparkling eyes and send Darius a few more of those children education materials with his light brain. It was better that he took some more care about those things since Darius didn’t know what he needed.

Coming back to the room there was a strange silence between Darius and Simon, but Ten simply decided to ignore it.

Ten was so happy that he practically skipped back to Darius. That guy had given him a muffin, so, he should have more snacks.

Of course, Darius didn’t understand what Ten wanted but under his burning gaze he at least ruffled his hair and gave him an other muffin.

Sigh, his life was sometimes so hard, he even had to be a single father at his age. Maybe he really should think about marrying, Darius shuddered, no, there was nothing wrong with being a single father.

The professor who observed the children sighed heavily. On the way how Simon was just working and ignoring the presence of Darius, their talk didn’t seem to have gone that good. Children these days were really hard to please, well most of them, the professor thought with a look at Ten who happily munch on his muffin. The professor could only silently send some files about nutritious food to Darius. Being an adult was hard.

After the examinations were finished, Darius brought Ten to his home like the professor had told him to. Since they had spend a lot of time in the research institute, it was already evening when the two arrived at Darius house.

Ten gobbled the dinner down with enthusiasm since it was quite delicious and he didn’t even have to worry about his manners since Darius was the only one who lived in this big house. He only had a few robots as companions, but since Ten didn’t like too many humans in his close proximity he was quite happy about the robot servants.

As Ten lay down in the soft bed he thought that a life like this wasn’t so bad, finally had good food and his freedom. Yes, the priorities were in that order.

At least he thought so until he noticed that he had trouble getting to sleep. It may have been because he had finally left the laboratory or simply because he was in Darius’ house, but he felt quite restless.

After thinking about it for a bit, Ten decided to visit Darius for a bit. If he couldn’t sleep why should he let Darius rest peacefully.

13