Vol.10 Ch.13
369 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.13

Simon cursed as he tried to decode the data from professor Y’s laboratory, no matter what he tried he couldn’t get it right. He sighed, if only the guy Darius promised to send over would arrive quicker, he had to find the data about experiment number ten as soon as possible or he couldn’t meet Darius again. After the last time Darius didn’t want to meet him and he had to find a reason to meet him, it was simply ridiculous.

Simon’s light brain notified him that there was someone waiting for him in the lobby so he couldn’t do anything else but go out of his way and welcome him, maybe it was someone important.

Good Day to you, I’m Harry Zaroma, a decoding specialist. Marshal Caries asked me to come here as soon as I finished my other work.”

Harry saluted to Simon.

“He said it would take a few days more until you finished your assigned work, so, what are you doing here?” Simon asked him.

“Yes, originally my work would take a few days more but I thought since it was important I should simply speed up the work and come over here.”

Harry smiled good natured at the skeptic Simon. Simon raised a brow, so this guy simply slagged of before and now he decided to actually do his work so he could come over here? How maddening, he should tell on him to Darius.

“Since you are already here I will show you your workplace, follow me.”

Harry followed Simon cheerfully through the hallways, they had to prove their identity a few times in the progress but it wasn’t anything big since Harry walked around with Simon and Simon was well known as professor X’s student.

“This is your workplace.”

Simon stopped in front of a door.

“You aren’t planning on going inside with me, we could talk about the details of the job.”

Harry smiled.

“Didn’t Darius tell you what you need to know?”

“No, the marshal told me you would tell me everything I need to know.”

Simon glared at this suspicious character but finally opened the door and walked in, it wasn’t something they could talk about in the hallway.

The inside of the room was pretty big for a temporary workroom, it was clear that the professor freed this room after he had heard that Darius would send someone over, he even let someone bring in a bed since he knew that the person Darius would send would be a workaholic, he would send someone who wouldn’t rest until the job was done. That was one of Darius’ good points, he always knew what the people needed the most.

Simon flinched as he heard the door close behind him, Harry had locked the door.

“Finally, we are alone.” he said.

“What are you planning on doing?”

Simon would never admit that he was really scared in that moment, what was Harry planning that he needed to lock the door?

You seemed to have forgotten that we already know each other. Do you think that I would let you play dumb until the end?”

“It’s not like I forgot about you, but we are at work so hold back your personal feelings.”

“I can’t do that, you should at least know that much about me.”

Simon stepped back but Harry followed him until his back hit the wall behind him.

“Can’t we talk about it an other time?”

Simon eyed the door behind Harry but since Harry was someone with military training, there was no chance that he as a scientist could get away from him.

Harry shook his head, he could clearly see that Simon wanted to escape but he wouldn’t allow him to get away, this was most likely his only chance, he wouldn’t get an other one if the marshal found out what he had done.

“I’m sorry, but this time I won’t let you escape.”

Harry was still smiling which made him look much more scarier. Simon shivered and closed his eyes, he wished he had never meet this mad man.

“Simon McGarn, do you want to marry me?”

Simon’s eyes flew open. He gaped shocked at the man, who knelled in front of him with a blinding diamond ring in hand.

11