Vol.10 Ch.14
371 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.14

N-no”

Simon stuttered.

“Why?”

“I don’t want to.”

“You are giving me the same reason as last time.”

Harry pouted and sat down on the bed.

“I don’t plan on changing the answer, no matter how often you ask me.”

That’s so cruel, you have to go on a date with me as compensation.”

That’s also a no. We have work.”

“So, if we didn’t have work you would go on a date with me. No problem, I will finish it in no time and then we can go!”

“You don’t even know what your task is but you are already boasting that you will finish quickly.”

Simon walked to the door, he didn’t want to be in the same room as Harry for longer than necessary.

“Aren’t you here to explain my task to me?”

Harry was in a good mood since Simon couldn’t leave him here alone even if he wanted to.

Simon turned back around, as he saw the playful smile on Harry’s face he knew that he couldn’t simply walk away or Harry would pester him in his own laboratory. Simon could only sigh and sit down on the only chair in the room, he definitively wouldn’t sit on the bed, together with Harry.

“As you know, the marshal raided a secret human experiment laboratory. It’s your job to decode the data that were found there. Any questions?”

“Are you looking for something specific, if I know I may be able to find it faster.”

“We would like to get the data of the DNA of the humans they experimented on, we want to inform their families. If you can take special care of the data of an experiment called number ten, since that’s the one who stays with the marshal right now. Oh, and Darius thinks there may be other laboratories, so look for data on this.”

“You want to keep the whole thing a secret, that’s why I was ask to handle it.”
It wasn’t a question, Harry knew clearly that the marshal always asked for him if things needed to be kept a secret.

“A few hours ago, Darius was called to the place of a terrorist attack. The attack was already under control but when Darius arrived he was snipped. They waited there for him.”

“The marshal took the day off today, so, a traitor?”

“That’s what we are thinking.”

“How are you so sure that I’m not involved?”

“…. You would never do something that would hurt me.”

“At least you know that. So, how is the marshal?”

“Number ten jumped in the way and got shoot instead, professor X is treating him right now. But there was an unexpected accident, his wounds aren’t healing like normal. It’s high possible that some kind of poison is involved.”

“That’s why you need the data about the other laboratories, if they designed a poison that is hindering the wound healing and are producing it in those laboratories then we would be at a disadvantage while fighting them.”

“That’s why I’m expecting you to work hard. You can only inform Darius, professor X or me of your findings. Don’t tell it to someone else.”

Simon stood up again and walked out of the room.

“Why is it always me that has to work so hard, I only want a date!”

Harry threw himself on the bed and sighed.

Simon knocked on a door.

“Come in.”

Inside the room, the professor was reading a few documents.

“I instructed Harry, he will only inform Darius, you and me about his findings.”

“Good work. You should go to bed, it’s already late.”

“The same goes for you professor, you aren’t young anymore.”

If it had been someone else who said it professor X may have gotten angry, but he knew that it was Simon’s own way to care for him. He was always this awkward. So, the professor could do nothing but smile at his cute student.

“Did Harry say something inappropriate?”

Ding.

At this time Simon got a message on his light brain.

Don’t forget about my date when I finished the work. -Harry

Simon clutched onto the pendant he hid under his clothes, his hands shaking, before he looked back up at the professor. Seeing the lifted brow of professor X, Simon could only shake his head.

“It’s nothing.”

To his statement the professor could only shake his head. If it was nothing, why were his ears so red. Ah, being young was nice.

10