Vol.10 Ch.16
353 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.16

Why the military department though?!

“Since someone was able to contact me, it means there is a traitor in the military department, so I have to look for some clues since I don’t know who I can trust.”

Ten nodded, it did make sense.

“It’s a bit difficult to take you with me since you can’t talk and to be honest, your identity is not really suitable but I will take care of that. I brought you a light brain with a text to voice function. You only have to type what you want to say and it will read it out loud.”

Darius took Ten’s hand and put a bracelet on his wrist.

Ten shuddered and pulled his hand back. He began clawing at the bracelet, he wanted to get rid of it at any cost.

Darius eyes widened in surprise. He hadn’t thought that Ten would react like this. Darius grabbed Ten and took him into his arms, to calm him down. Carefully, he peeled the bracelet off again.

After the bracelet was taken off Ten slowly calmed down. Darius only noticed now that Ten had hyperventilated.

Ten didn’t like it to have things around his wrists. Even if the original owner of the body had a slight dislike of everything that would hinder his movement, Ten had a huge amount of fear integrated into his soul from experiences, he had prior to his rebirth, with bracelets. They always remembered him of his painful experiences which were the reason why his brothers spoiled him like this. He and his trauma were the reason for their freedom. None of them ever forgot it, but Ten may be the only one who couldn’t let go of the shadows of his past.

“Are you alright?”

Ten nodded, now that Darius had taken off the bracelet, he had calmed down.

“If you don’t want to wear a bracelet, we can make it into a necklace. Don’t worry, I will make it loose, so you won’t feel strangled by it.”

It didn’t take long for Darius to fiddle with the bracelet until it turned into a necklace. Carefully, Darius hung it around Ten’s neck. To be honest that looked a lot better on Ten than the bracelet, so it wasn’t anything big that he had changed it.

“If you press here the light screen will open and you can write on it. If you have finished writing the light brain will read it aloud.”

Darius showed Ten how to operate his light brain. He totally ignored that Ten was someone who had been in a laboratory for a long time and hadn’t been given the green light yet. He even showed him how he could access the Star Net and call people. While he was at it, he added his own, professor X’s and Simon’s numbers so he would always have someone he could call. Originally he didn’t want to add Simon, but since he worked with the professor he could simply call him if Ten couldn’t reach the professor.

Ten rolled his eyes as he observed the eager Darius, was someone like this really fit to be the marshal of the empire. Well, it was most likely okay since they had five others.

After Darius had finished all his explanations he wanted Ten to show him if he understood everything. Ten simply used one sentence to shut him up.

Didn’t you want to go to the military department today?”

Darius rubbed his nose, he had completely forgotten about it.

He heaved a sigh and brought Ten to the hover car. Good that Ten had finished changing before he came down or the two would have lost more time.

Ten was surprised when he saw the so called ‘military department’. It had taken over an hour with the hover car to get here but it was actually just a huge open space with a few buildings outside the city.

Looking around, you couldn’t really see anything that looked like a military base. Not that Ten actually knew what those looked like.

Darius brought Ten to one of the buildings first, since he had to register here to get access to the other buildings. Thanks to Darius the procedure wasn’t too annoying. Now Ten only had to swipe his new light brain to get into the areas that weren’t top secret. Ten didn’t know where those areas were so he simply ignored the instructions that told him not to try and go there. He would know that he was there if he couldn’t get in. Even if his behavior would alarm a few people it wasn’t like he couldn’t beat them up.

Like right now. Ten was on the training field to look around. The military department had a few of them. Different fields for different soldiers, it seemed like it had something to do with the body grade. Ten had just walked into the field for those with a A grade body physic. He couldn’t access higher fields because of his identity. Suddenly an idiot stood in Ten’s way. How did Ten know that he was an idiot? The signs were pretty clear. First of all, he stood in Ten’s way. This field was a gravity field, so people with an A grade body physic would have trouble walking in it, until they got used to it. People with weaker bodies weren’t even able to crawl here. Ten could walk in this place like it was completely normal to have such a high gravity. So, this guy was an idiot because he didn’t seem to notice it. The second reason why Ten thought that this guy was an idiot, was simply because he himself had some trouble moving but he held his nose high in the sky. He may be able to hide his inability to move from his little followers but Ten could see it clearly. Yes, the third reason why Ten was sure that this guy was stupid was because he actually had followers. Those guys looked like they would praise anything that came out of his mouth.

That rat face starred at Ten, puffed up his chest, hands on his hips.

“You think you are so great, just because the marshal lent you his jacket! You, duel with me!”

9