Vol.10 Ch.18
326 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.18

What?

The marshal wanted them to spar with this weak looking guy, who had still cake crumbs on the corner of his mouth? And they should spar with him to feel what it was like to have an opponent with overwhelming strength? He couldn’t be serious!

When Darius saw how those guys looked at Ten he could only sigh and rub off the crumbs of Ten’s mouth, so that he would look a bit more intimidating.

Ten, who didn’t know or cared what Darius was thinking, squinted his eyes happily while he snuggled his head more against Darius’ hand.

Suddenly the soldiers were even less convinced of the marshal’s words. How could this small, cuddly guy have any strength? If he was a bit smaller they would have thought he was a Ger.

None of them ever thought that Ten was actually a Ger, since those were generally weaker than men. And nobody would bring a Ger into the military. So Ten couldn’t be a Ger, if the marshal brought him here and told them to fight him.

Even if those guys didn’t want to fight Ten, they didn’t have a choice. Under the threatening gaze of the marshal they could only obey. If they had known that Ten was even stronger than the marshal then they would have resolutely refused.

Darius activated the shield of the field, he, himself, stood outside, to hinder the soldiers from hiding from the training. Even Darius couldn’t deactivate it before the training ended.

The first soldier was hesitating when he attacked Ten, so it didn’t take Ten any effort to knock him out. The others gaped at this display. Who would have thought that such a small person was that strong. Though they called Ten small, he was still more than 1,75m tall. The average Ger was only 1,65m, so Ten was actually really tall if you didn’t think he was a man. The soldiers were all more than 1,80m, so of course they would all think that Ten was small.

Ten could somehow feel that these guys looked down on him, so he didn’t plan on holding back too much. It was all right as long as he didn’t kill them.

It didn’t take long until the next soldier attacked Ten, even if that guy didn’t hold back he was still no match for Ten. It began to bore Ten so he simply let them fight in groups against him.

Who would have thought that even in a group those guys were still too weak, the only difference was that Ten didn’t even bother to be careful while attacking, so they received a lot more injuries.

It seemed like the infirmary would get a lot of people with broken bones today.

Darius was also not happy. Even if those soldiers would never even see a war from afar they should at least be able to coordinate their attacks. Ten was actually a really great sparring partner for those guys since they were really prideful. To get beaten up to this extend by someone smaller and seemingly weaker than them hurt their pride greatly and should motivate them to improve themselves.

Ten could finally let off his steam by beating the soldiers up, Darius would finally get his soldiers trained properly and the soldiers would finally be motivated to train. It was basically a win-win situation for all of them.

Until the moment one of them couldn’t take it anymore and took out a knife. Darius was shocked at this brazen rule-breaking. Before he could do anything, that guy slashed Ten from behind.

Ten noticed something approaching him from his back at a high speed. He kicked the last soldier in front of him in the stomach and turned around. He had only enough time to grab the knife with his hand before the soldier got him. Seeing the blood drip from his hand Ten sneered at his opponent.

It seemed like this guy didn’t know that if he was too weak his enemy would use his weapon against him. Without any effort Ten broke the arm of the soldier and returned his knife to him by sticking it into his stomach. His eyes had already turned completely red and he didn’t feel like holding back anymore. He should simply get rid of all those nuisances.

“Ten!”

Darius had a feeling that it would get extremely dangerous if he didn’t stop Ten, since his eyes had turned crimson again. Thinking of the last time Ten’s eyes had turned crimson, he had to suppress a blush and could only try to calm down. He had to bring Ten away, who knew what Ten would do if he left him here.

Ten turned his head to Darius before he turned back again and pulled the knife out of the soldier. It was time to finish it all. Without caring for Darius, who screamed at him from the edge of the trainings field, Ten walked over to the other soldiers.

The soldiers paled in fright. They would never have thought that Ten wouldn’t care about their marshal and simply begin to butcher them. Some of them send murderous glares to the guy who had attacked Ten with a knife. But that guy didn’t notice anything anymore, since he had already lost his conscious because of blood loss.

Darius saw that the situation was dire. He couldn’t let Ten kill all of the soldiers. Since he couldn’t simply open the shield the only thing he could do was to try to open it with his bare hands. Darius was desperate as he saw that Ten was already by the nearest soldier and began to cut him slowly while holding him down. It obviously wasn’t training anymore but torture. None of them would stay alive after this, if Darius couldn’t stop Ten.

Hitting the shield with his bare fist, Darius’ hands were already bloody, but he couldn’t stop or else a lot of people would die and that would be his fault. Why, just why had he activated the shield?

Darius couldn’t do anything other than hitting the shield again as he saw that that Ten thrust the knife down to end the life of the soldier.

For those of you who think my description of the military is strange. Yes, it is. But there will be a reason for that later in the story.

Spoiler

Darius' fault!

[collapse]

6