Vol.10 Ch.20
299 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.20

When Darius turned around he saw his second-in-command. It seemed like he had run after him.

“Marshal, what happened today? We received a lot of complains from the soldiers and their families. They want to sue you.”

“If they want to sue then let them sue! I have to go now so take care of it.”

“Marshal, ….”

“You are my second-in-command, I believe that you can handle anything they throw at you. Just say I will take care of the bills and they are on leave until they are healed. I really have to go now.”

Without waiting for his second-in-command to answer, Darius climbed into his hover car and drove to the research faculty.

The second-in-command could only sigh and walk back to the infirmary to take care of the complains of the soldiers.

It didn’t take long for Darius to let the car drive to the research faculty while he cuddled with Ten in the back seat, he just hoped that everything would be alright after the professor checked him.

After receiving the marshal’s message professor X made some preparations, he had to get a test room ready and some apparatus and instruments to get the data he needed.

When Darius lifted Ten out of the hover car, Ten stirred in his arms. He wasn’t happy that he couldn’t sleep some more.

“After checking your body you can sleep more.”

Darius kissed his head dotingly before he let Ten out of his arms and walk by himself.

Ten took Darius’ hand and followed him into the research faculty to meet professor X. Who would have thought that the process of getting inside would be that tedious and annoying. Ten really wished he could sleep through the whole process, like last time.

The professor meet them shortly after they finished the identification progress and brought them to a testing room. There was nothing in the room besides the four white walls it had.

Ten waited alone in the room while Darius and the professor were in a room right beside this one, they could see, through the seemingly thick wall, what happened in the room Ten was in. Since they didn’t know what the reason for Ten’s sudden aggression was they had to test a lot of things that could be the reason.

The professor had asked a few questions on the way to the testing room, so he had already a slight hunch what it was but he still had to go through the full course to make sure he didn’t miss anything. The whole thing would have been a lot easier, if not unnecessary, if they could access the data from the laboratory, the professor sighed.

Not long after Darius and professor X left the room, the floor opened and a few fighting dummies came up. The first test was whether fighting alone would make Ten aggressive. Ten had no trouble at all beating them up, since they were not able to withstand his triple S attacks. He attacked when he should and stopped when he was asked to, after two hours they were sure, fighting didn’t trigger the unusual state of mind.

The destroyed dolls retracted into the floor and the room was empty again. Now a hatch opened in the wall, a small pipe sprayed something into the air. Ten frowned, it smelled quite bad.

It seemed like they wanted to test how he would react to different smells. Ten sat down on the floor, he still hadn’t slept enough and those test would still need a while. Even if he couldn’t sleep now he could at least sit on the floor and conserve his energy.

Ten’s nose twitched, the smell had changed again. Ten didn’t know what was different about this smell but it somehow irritated him. Ten stood up and walked up and down in the room which seemed to have gotten a lot smaller since he had sat down. He really wanted to get out.

The professor, on the other side of the wall, raised his brow. It seemed like they had found it. Looking at the screen, it seemed to be the smell of blood, that was kind of bad.

Darius looked at Ten nervously.

“What kind of smell is that now?” he asked.

“The smell of human blood. We tested various different kinds of smells already, other kinds of blood too, but it seemed like he would only react to the smell of human blood. He was even calm as we sprayed the smell of his own blood into the room. I thinned the smell as soon as he had a reaction since we don’t want him to demolish the room but he is still reacting quite strong.”

Simon scratched his head, he couldn’t think of what they could have planed to do with a super soldier who got aggressive at the smell of blood.

“Are the tests finished now, I want to get him out of there.”

“You should wait for a while, Darius, before you get him out. Give him time to calm down. Simon, flush the smell out, we don’t want any accident to happen.”

Simon gave an affirmative reply before he fiddled with the buttons. Shortly after they could see that Ten, though still restless, slowly calmed down.

“Since we found out what made Ten aggressive like that we can let him avoid it in the future. The only question we still have to answer is why Y made him like that.”

Professor X stroked his beard, he really didn’t know what that silly guy actually wanted with someone who would react to human blood. He had thought that Ten was made into a super soldier, but what use had a soldier who reacted to the blood of friend and foe the same way and just went on a killing spree regardless if there was an enemy in front of him or not.

The door to the room suddenly opened and someone came inside. It should have been impossible because professor X had closed the doors with his special privilege and nobody but him should be able to open it. The intruder smirked and threw a bomb into the room.

“I think I can answer your questions.”

Yes, it is a metaphoric bomb, not a real one.

9