Vol.10 Ch.21
311 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.21

“But before that, I have something more important to do! Simon, do you want to marry me?”

Simon rubbed his face when he heard Harry saying his usual line.

“Still a no. You can answer our questions? Did you find something out?”

Harry didn’t react at all as Simon rejected him and sat down on a chair. Without looking at the other people in the room he connected his light brain with a big screen in the room.

“Those are the data about experiment number ten I could find until now. If you look closely you may notice something.”

As usual this guy was annoying and didn’t simply tell them what he found. Without a choice the three other people in the room could only begin to scan the data on the screen and look if they could find something unusual.

“’The eyes of the subject are turning red if he feels blood lust, if he was conscious the red eyes may represent other kinds of strong emotion. The blood lust is stimulated by a feeling of excitement when smelling blood.’” Darius read out loud.

When he thought about it, Ten had always had those red eyes when he felt strong emotions. The first time he had seen those eyes was after Ten woke up in the research faculty, waking up in a laboratory after he had just gotten out of the first one would of course wake strong emotions. The second time was after the sniper attack, Ten had awoken in the middle of the night and was restless and exited, Darius had taken a long time to calm him down. And the last time was at the military department, the two had made out in his room there which had also taken a long time. Hm? It seemed like Ten had gotten exited nearly every time he had those red eyes, but that was not something he could talk about, Darius didn’t dare to tell the professor since he would get a scolding from him for taking advantage of a not completely clear headed Ten. Yes, he himself also knew that it was impossible for Ten to stay completely clear headed if they had played around with his brain like that.

Maybe he didn’t know in the moment they did it that it was Darius, only after when he was clear headed again would he perceive who it was he had done it with.

“What I don’t understand is the blood lust. We already tested that, he can only feel it if the blood is from the other person. Darius, you were together with him for a while, did you notice anything strange about him besides the red eyes?”

Darius avoided eye contact with Simon as he answered.

“He seemed somewhat restless, but he wasn’t really aggressive or anything.”

If you didn’t count that Darius got attacked and molested by him, that is. Well, he was also pretty into it, so he couldn’t really push the blame onto Ten, at least not for the second time where it seemed like he had taken advantage of Ten by relieving himself together with him. If he thought about it like this, Darius really that he was an ass-hole.

“Say, Harry, did you find any data about why Y would do something like this?”

“Since you are nice enough to ask, I will of course tell you, professor, I found something interesting about that. It seems like he wanted to create a weapon against the whole of mankind.”

“Why would he do something like this?! I know that he was never fond of people, especial after what happened after our teacher’s dead, but why would he try to destroy humankind?”

“I don’t have a answer for that yet, but I can tell you that it wasn’t actually what he wanted to do but something he was asked to do in exchange for his resources. I’m still trying to track down where the messages came from, it’s more difficult than I thought, but I came here because I found an other three labs. Since Darius was here anyway I thought I would come over and tell you. By the way, is it all right that Ten is sleeping on the floor inside the room?”

Three pairs of eyes turned to Ten who was already completely forgotten even thought the experiment was already long over. Without another word, Darius walked into the next room and lifted Ten into his arms. Ten snuggled deeper into his embrace as he felt Darius lifting him up before he just went to sleep again. He simply wasn’t interested in the outcome of those tests.

Back to the others again Darius sat down on a chair and spoke, this time quieter.

“I will leave Ten here while I take care of those labs. I’m counting on you for the data from those places too, Harry.”

“Are you sure you want to leave him here, I’m sure it would be a great help for you if you took him with you. Since he is strong.”

“It doesn’t matter, since we can’t risk him going berserk on us while we are raiding a laboratory, with all those enemies around. Harry, good work today.”

“As long as you are happy. I will of course give my best at my job since I’m getting a great reward.”

“When did I ever promise you a reward for your work?”

“You didn’t, but that doesn’t mean someone else forgot about me.”

Harry had, again, one of his usual smiles on. It made one want to punch him, that was at least what Simon thought about it, since he felt like he had to see this smile too often.

Simon took his time to read the report Harry had brought one more time.

“Are you sure about this part?” he suddenly asked.

“I’m sure about everything in my report since I just had to decode the data and not experiment myself. Why are you asking?”

“If what it says is correct then there is a substance that you can inject into your body and Ten won’t react to your blood.”

 

11