Vol.10 Ch.22
291 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.22

Darius was stunned, he hadn’t seen that part.

“Which substance?” he asked.

“Harry didn’t include it into his report.”

“That’s because that data was heavily guarded, I couldn’t get it yet. I think that the commissioner was the one who decided which one it was. He most likely plans to use it somehow against a certain group of people. But since we already have Ten his plans are ruined. I don’t think we have to be worried about it, so I will concentrate on other data first.”

“As long as you don’t forget about it, you can do as you like. Send me the data about the other labs, I have to go now.”

“Bring Ten to an other room to sleep first, I don’t think it would be good if you let him sleep on the chair while you are gone. It would be even better if you could tell him yourself that you have to go, since I believe he won’t be happy if you aren’t around when he wakes up.”

“If you show me the way I will of course send him, but about my absence, I will simply sent him a message to his light brain. So, remind him to read it when he wakes up, professor.”

“You gave the child a light brain, why didn’t you tell me?”

“Sorry, I forgot, but I gave him your number.”

“What’s the use if he knows my number but I can’t contact him when I have to ask him questions, your light brain is always off.”

“What questions do you want to ask him? Is there something important you have to ask him?”

“Of course, it may not be important to you, but we finished his vocal cords so I wanted to ask him when he wants to have his operation. It would be a shame if he had to be forever mute just because you forgot to turn your light brain on again.”

Darius wrinkled his brows, he really had turned his light brain into private mode, only emergency calls would get through. He didn’t want to give the terrorists any chance to contact him again, but he would never have thought that he would miss a call from professor X about Ten’s vocal cords. It seems like he had to change who could call him in his private mode.

The professor opened the door to a room, it looked like a resting room for one of the researchers since there was a huge bed inside.

“So this is Simon’s room, it’s my first time here!”

Harry, who had followed them quietly, finally couldn’t hold it in and nearly threw himself onto the bed, if he hadn’t seen Darius’ killer look. Harry had talk loud enough for Ten to stir around restlessly and Darius wasn’t happy about it since he wanted Ten to sleep some more.

Darius put Ten gently onto the bed before he covered him with a blanket. If he stayed here he should be able to sleep well while Darius went out to take care of the other laboratories.

Before Darius left he piled up some snacks, which he always had in his space button, beside Ten. He shouldn’t go hungry just because he left him alone.

“Is this really going to be alright?” Simon asked hesitantly.

“Why not? The planets Darius has to go to are all uninhabited so he can go all out, he should be able to take care off them without Ten.”

“Are you playing stupid or are you actually serious, I’m talking about this walking weapon that he left here without consulting me. What are we going to do if he gets angry when he sees that Darius isn’t here?”

“Ah, now you are willing to say that a ‘we’ exists, you make me so happy!”

Without waiting for Simon’s reaction Harry hugged him. Simon was like a cat whose fur got stroked the wrong way, he was ready to extend his claws and scratch him to dead. Until….

“Cough, it’s nice that you children have so much fun but you should try to be a bit more quiet or Ten may wake up. From what I heard from Darius, he doesn’t like it to be woken up.”

Simon froze in Harry’s arms and didn’t dare to move anymore while Harry let out a low laugh and nuzzled his nose against Simon’s neck.

“We will be careful professor.” he promised smiling.

The professor just nodded as he looked at those two sadly, they reminded him of the time he was young but now there was nobody beside him anymore. Simon shouldn’t be so harsh on Harry since you never know how much time you still had on your hands.

“I have some business to take care of, so I will be going. You guys tell Ten to come to me when he wakes up.”

And the professor was gone. Simon face paled in realization, not only was he alone in a room with that madman Harry, the only other person inside the room was the walking human weapon Ten which could wake up in any moment. Why was his life so hard, he just wanted to live doing things he liked.

Harry starred at the pale faced Simon and stuffed a lollipop into his mouth, he knew since a while that Simon liked them and had secretly stored some in his space button, just for moments like this. If he gave Simon something he liked wouldn’t he calm down? He was simply a genius!

Simon left the lollipop in his mouth, the lollipop was innocent, maybe it wasn’t so bad to be stuck with Harry, the idiot. At least he thought that until Ten stirred on the bed. Simon, who sat on Harry’s lap on a chair, froze. He wasn’t sure how the human weapon would react when he woke up so his body unconsciously tensed. He just hoped that Ten wouldn’t begin to run on a rampage, he really liked his room.

Harry stroked Simon’s back and hair with his hands while he really hoped that he would stop moving on his lap, he was working hard to hold back….

9