Vol.10 Ch.39
206 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.39

“I really don’t know where he is, sorry.”

Harry sighed regretfully. As he saw the young man’s shoulder drop, laughter crossed his eyes, this was going to be fun.

“I may not know where he is right now, but I can at least ask him for you, why he didn’t take you as his assistant.”

“Really?”

“Of course, there is nobody in this faculty who can’t be reached by me.”

That was of course because he could hack the database of the faculty where all the numbers of the light brains of the people who worked here where saved, but there was no need to tell this guy.

“Then can you do it now, like right now?”

“Why are you in a hurry like this, it’s not like Ty will run away if I don’t call him in this instant.”

Suddenly the young man’s face frosted over.

“You don’t actually plan on calling him, do you?”

“Oh my, I have been found out, you are smarter than you look. But you can’t really be dumb if you came in first place, right? So, how about you tell me the real reason why you want me to call Ty.”

The young man bit his lips. After starring at Harry’s face for a while he shook his head.

“Can’t tell you, you aren’t trustworthy enough.”

Without waiting for Harry to answer he walked away.

Harry’s lips twitched, he got called untrustworthy by a suspicious person, that may have been the darkest day of his career. Shaking his head Harry walked back to his workplace. Even if that guy didn’t say anything, he would be able to find out a few things. And even if he didn’t investigate this guy, it wasn’t like he was free or anything.

When Simon got out of the hover car it was already an hour later, he had to cross half the planet to get home. If he didn’t take a special modified hover car he would only get there in the middle of the night.

Simon took a deep breath to calm down before he walked up to the door which opened on his own. He really regretted that he got this feature at that time because in this context it was really creepy.

Walking through the empty hallway, the lights turned on by themselves on his way, Simon already wanted to go back, but couldn’t since he was already here. Following the sounds from the living room, Simon stepped in the spacious room. This place was a villa he had bought with his own salary to live here with his future husband, but now wrapping paper littered the floor, crumbled clothes lay wherever you tried to step and unknown things grew on the table where packages of old foods stood.

Every time Simon came here he really wanted to throw up when he saw what his so called parents had made out of his home.

“Oh, you are back? Did you bring money or good news, it would the best if you brought both.”

Simon’s face crumbled, he really didn’t want to talk to this person. He turned to the staircase to go to the second floor.

“Are you sure you want to ignore me?”

The jingling of a key sounded so slightly that it was nearly impossible to hear above the TV sounds.

Simon’s steps faltered at the naked threat. He really wanted to ignore this person but it seemed like didn’t have a choice today either.

“What do you want?”

“Like I said, money or news, pick one.”

Simon could only use his light brain to send the person on the couch some money.

“Hm, so obedient today? And here I thought I would get to hear some interesting news about marshal Caries from you.”

Simon stiffened when he thought about the white haired news he could talk about. His hands balled into fists but he suppressed his impulse, this news weren’t good for anyone if they came out now.

“There is nothing.”

He could only deny.

“You are still so useless!”

A can was thrown at him and hit his head. He could have avoided it but the last time he did that it ended with something a lot worse than just a bump, so he could only let himself get hit.

“Since we are finished here, I don’t want to see your dumb face anymore. Go, and take care that I don’t have to see you again today!”

Simon wiped of the blood that flowed down his face, it seems like he was hit worse than usual, before he walked up the stairs.

“Yes, mother.”

4