Vol.10 Ch.40
180 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.40

It wasn’t time yet, he still had to hold out until the right time.
When he reached the staircase to the third floor, he stopped. It was too quiet. Normally, when he came home, he would hear the screams from the floor above which lasted until deep into the night.
After hesitating for a bit, Simon climbed up the stairs. He had to look if everything was alright, if the person was dead there would be no need for him to stay here.
The lights on the third floor were out. In the dim hallway, it was difficult to find the door Simon was looking for. He hadn’t been here in a while but nothing had changed. The windows were still closed up and nearly no light could come in, the dust had settled and you could see the traces of people and robots on the floor.
Since Simon had originally bought this house for himself there were only old locks on the doors. For those you still needed keys instead of opening them electronically.
When Simon found the door he listened intensely for the sounds inside the room, even after he stood there for a while, there was nothing.
Simon thought about what the place inside would look like after his long absence and suddenly didn’t want to look into the room. He hesitated for a bit before he slowly pushed down the door handle.
The door was locked.
Even if he wanted to open the door he didn’t have the keys. He could only stand in front of the door as if he was frozen. After some time, a shuffling sound came from inside.
“Brother?”
Simon concentrated on the voice inside, he tried to find out if the owner was alright, but it was futile as always, he could only ask.
“It’s me. How are you?”
“I’m alright, the robots are still delivering the meals, mother ignores me as usual and I haven’t seen father since three days ago.”
Simon froze.
“He didn’t come for three days?”
That was unusual, he would normally come up the stairs every day and beat Marianne. Even if he didn’t beat her fiercely, she would at least get a slap. Three days was the longest amount of time he didn’t hit her since he began ‘disciplining’ her.
“It seems like he was at home but he didn’t come up.”
Simon shuddered, if he hold himself back for so long then he would most likely kill her the next time he came to beat her. If only he could do something to get her out of here, but he was hopeless. Even if he could open the door, it wasn’t the only thing that held her back.
“Brother, you shouldn’t stay here for too long. If father knows that you are here, he will punish you.”
“I know, take care of yourself, I will do what I can.”
Simon left the third floor after a last look at the door, he really wished they could meet face to face instead of talking through a door.
Simon’s room was on the second floor, it was a small room, since the master bedroom was already occupied by those two dogs. He could see, as soon as he opened the door, that someone had searched his room. It was a good thing that he always took everything he thought of as important with him, when he left.
Simon just glanced at the messy room before he walked into the bathroom. He wasn’t interested in what they searched in his room since he was sure that there was nothing valuable inside.
Simon undressed, putting his light brain in a reachable place, and stepped in the shower. He would take care of himself first, then he would modify the robots some more to make Marianne’s life easier. After they settled the traitors he would ask Darius to get her out of here.
Simon sighed, he really wished Harry was by his side, with him he felt safe. But he couldn’t let him find out about his family, he didn’t want to be hated.
The warm water of the shower flew over Simon’s body, relaxing his tensed muscles. Even if his home was like an enemy territory to him, he had to calm down. It wouldn’t help anyone if he came back to the faculty more tired then when he went home.
Taking the shower gel from the side, Simon paused. The shampoo wasn’t his. It seemed like they had changed his, strange.
There was no reason for anyone to change it. May it a robot or not, it was strange to change the shampoo, it wasn’t even half finished the last time he left home.
Simon smelled the shampoo, it smelled unexpected good, like seawater. Wrinkling his brows Simon decided to use it since it didn’t really matter what kind of shampoo he used.
The shampoo was already in his hand and he just wanted to wash his hair with it as his light brain chimed. Simon stopped and turned to his light brain. To stop washing and look or not, that was the question.
Simon decided to ignore it, it was only a message, it couldn’t be that important.
Just then the alarm sounded. The search for the soldier who freed professor Y was finished, he was found.
Simon sighed and washed the shampoo of his hands, the alarm would ring until he turned it off, this time he didn’t have a choice.
After Simon wrapped a towel around himself and turned of the alarm, he completely forgot what he originally planned to do since he had checked his messages while he was at it.
It was just an other advertisement for a shampoo, it seemed like it was the new shampoo he had nearly used.
Simon deleted the advertisement again and went for the search on his light brain. What he saw shocked him greatly.
The person who freed professor Y was someone he knew and who was actually close to Darius.

It was Robert!

So, do you guys know who Robert is? A hint: He is a person who was mentioned more than once but didn't have a name. He was always called by his title.

6