Vol.10 Ch.42
196 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.42

“So, how are we going to bait Robert?”

Simon asked when he came back to the faculty.

Harry, who sprouted dark circles under his eyes, scratched his head.

“I thought, you would know.”

Simon snorted and rolled his eyes.

“If I knew, why would I ask you. And why do you look so bad, I was only gone for one night?”

“Even if you get a holiday, it doesn’t mean I can stop working too. I even had to work more than usual because I’m monitoring the people inside the faculty, who behave strangely.”

“How many are there?”

“More than we thought, I found 54 people but we can’t be sure.”

“There must be a way to distinguish those people who behave strangely from the normal people, without monitoring them.”

“We also have to find out why they behave strangely. Are they swapped, threatened or mind-controlled? There are too many possibilities.”

“It would be the best if we could catch one of them and...”

Suddenly an alarm blared through the whole faculty.

“What’s that?”

Harry stood up and asked.

“It’s an alarm if someone infiltrates the faculty. Something must have happen, let’s leave here.”
Before Simon could pull Harry out of the room, he saw Harry type hectically on different light screens.

“What are you doing? We have to go and find out what happened.”

“I’m sending the data out, we don’t know who these people are and since there were already strange people in the faculty, we should evacuate. We can’t let them find out what we know, so, I’m hiding the data in a picture and send them out before I delete everything thoroughly and get rid of any kind of evidence.”

Simon starred at the picture, that showed him sleeping.

“When did you make it? I don’t remember letting you inside the room.”

“I don’t only have this one, I have enough to use them as data for my holo port!”

He sounded really smug when he said that.

Simon froze, Harry had pictures of him on his holo port? He really didn’t know if he should be embarrassed or angry at him. In any case, Simon’s face turned beet red.

Just as he wanted to say something, Harry took his hand and pulled him out of the room.

“Let’s go, I finished.”

Simon and Harry crept through the corridors, always taking care that no one saw them. Without knowing the situation, it was impossible to knew if a person they meet was a friend or foe.

“We are lucky that the monitoring system stopped working when they activated the alarm.”

“I’m still worried how we should get out of here without being seen. We have to find out what happened.”

Simon crept up to a corner and peeked out. He stopped Harry from walking out, Robert was standing there.

“It’s Robert. Do you think he knows that we know he is a traitor?”

“Even if he doesn’t know it, I don’t think he is here with pure intentions. It would be the best if we avoid him.”

Simon nodded, he also thought they shouldn’t meet him. The dangerous glint in Harry’s eyes told him that if Harry were to meet Robert now, he would surely kill him.

“But if we can’t go there, how do we get out?”

“shouldn’t you know the floor plan better than I?”

“Urg, give me some time to think. If we can’t go there we have to go back to your room and from there in the opposite direction. We won’t meet anyone, hopefully.”

“Damn, I’m so sleepy, couldn’t they have come tomorrow?”

“I don’t think they are interested in whether you are tired or not.”

The two wandered back through the corridors. Luckily, nobody got in their way until Harry’s room. At the corner they noticed someone working on the door.

“There is no other way, how do we come back now?”

“Knocking people out?”

“Then please, mister S-class physical strength, go and knock him out.”

Simon leaned on the wall behind him and shooed Harry away, he really wanted to see the sleeping lion wake up. Harry sighed and walked forward, but before he could reach the corner the wall behind Simon suddenly opened and Simon disappeared in a hole in the wall.

A/N: Hello Readers, It’s your author! RL has been the worst as of late, so, I’m reducing the number of chapters I post per week from two to one starting today. I will be back at full force in September.

3