Vol.10 Ch.47
158 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10.47

“Ten”

Darius came running to him, the glass smashing had caused a greater commotion than Ten had expected, so, it wasn't strange that Darius found out about it.

“Huh, aren't you...”

The old man was stunned by Darius appearance, even in disguise he still seemed to recognize him.

“Incognito, yes.”

Darius cut the old man's words of, he couldn't risk to be exposed now.

The old man nodded, he wouldn't divulge Darius' identity since he, himself, know how it was to be on a secret mission.

“Well, Mr. Incognito, It's good to see you're alive.”

The old man patted Darius on the shoulder, as if meeting a person he hadn't seen in a long time.

Darius was a bit embarrassed. It was true that he didn't bother to talk to this old man who had a deep friendship with his own grandfather, if it wasn't about work, but, still, It was no reason to take him as someone dead.

Ten, who didn't understood the underlying meaning in his words, nodded his head, he was also happy that Darius was alive. Who else would feed him delicious food, lull him to sleep and, basically, take care of every aspect of his life.

“Anyway, your little friend said that the young man put something in my drink.”

Darius raised his brow, in the empire there wasn't anyone who didn't know this old man, and there wasn't anyone who would want a war hero dead. Darius looked at Ten who silently kicked the waiter with a face full of disgust, and it was as if a bulb suddenly lighted up in his head. Even if the people in the empire weren't interested in killing him, there was a group of people in the empire who had an interest in that.

“He is one of them?”

He asked Ten. Because of his sense of smell, Ten should be able to tell if this guy was one of the terrorists just by the smell of his blood.

Ten nodded, what else could he do, he couldn't expose his ability to speak at a moment like this. Just why didn't he tell Darius sooner. Wanting the first thing he said to Darius to be something meaningful, he was really an idiot. Ten pouted, even if it was just his own wilfulness he would stick to it.

Darius didn't know why Ten was suddenly sulking, he could only rub his head to comfort him and ignore him otherwise while he talked with the old man.

“I think you have heard the news about the terrorist attack on the opera house?”

The old man was an old fox in this aspect, with just a little hint he understood that the waiter was part of the same group. He suddenly had a thought.

“His majesty must be worried and I'm sure he ordered someone to investigate the source.”

“Not only that, he also sent people to protect the necessary personal.”

The old man sighed, it seemed like his wife was planning a wedding for nothing. That stinky brat of a grandson had lied about finding a wife, he was simply on a secret mission and needed a reason not to go home in the meantime!

Everyone of them was so busy with his thoughts that they didn't notice that, on the head of the waiter, something in the liquid of the drink wriggled. The only one who noticed was the waiter and he let it climb into his ear without a word and behaved like nothing happened.

It didn't take long for the starship to land and a few security robots to take the man away. Even in the interstellar there was something like a police.

“I understand that you hit the young man because you thought that he put something in the old man's drink, and with his identity it's better to be more careful, but we analyzed the drink and there was nothing special in there. Since you hit an innocent person, you should apologize before he decides to sue you.”

The police officer stated calmly, even as he saw Darius' dark face.

“So, you are saying that you haven't found anything strange in the drink?”

The old man asked again, he couldn't believe that the person Darius traveled with would lie to him.

“Well, it's not we found nothing, we found a powdery substance. But, before you accuse him of anything, it was a rare herb that only grows on a few planets and that is good for you health. He didn't do anything wrong but to give you a health supplement, so, you better apologize to him.”

“You are saying it's completely alright to put something secretly in the drink of a war hero, as long as it is a health supplement?”

Darius didn't really want to believe what the police officer said.

“At least it's not illegal.”

The faces of Darius, Ten and the old man darkened, it seemed like they couldn't talk to this guy.

-------

A few days later on a different planet....

“Wait, you are a Ger? Give me back the time I wasted with worshiping you?”

The noisy soldier howled.

“I never said I wasn't a Ger.”

In the long history of the empire, a lot of geniuses were ignored or taken advantage of just because they were Gers, those who had succeed had often hidden their identities or had at least the ability to protect their work. Ty was one of them, even if he normally hid the cinnabar mole between his brows with his bangs, he had never said himself that he was a man, he had just never said that he was a Ger which was why most people thought he was a man.

As for the reason why Ten could run around without anyone ever noticing that he was a Ger, well, his cinnabar mole had disappeared in his time in the laboratory, it was unknown if they had simply cut it out or if the color faded together with his hair and eyes color.

Ty ignored the noisy soldier, and looked at the flabbergasted Ash, right, this kind reaction was what he wanted.

“Since you are here, I will tell you about the news I found, after that you can begin to make plans to rescue humanity.”

Ty stroked down his bedhead to cover his bangs like nothing happened and opened a light screen on the wall.

“I was able to extract the Zerg living in the brain of a human, it's a mutated version of the thread worm. The normal thread worm would hide in clothes and multiply until his numbers are great enough to swallow the human who wears them as clothes, the mutated version will crawl into you brain through your ears and control you to spread to other humans. The new thread worm can't survive long outside of the human body, I found out that you can keep them alive for longer if you put them in a container with water and special herb mixture. Since the herb only grows on a few planets and is known to be a health supplement, there is nothing strange in buying a huge number of herbs. Basically, you could say that every product that contains the herb is suspicious.”

Ty let them digest this news while he still slowly drank his nutrient solution through a straw, he was leisurely sprawled on the couch.

5