Chapter 2: The Witch and the Silver Hair Soldier
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Chapter 2







  How many minutes has passed? We're still staring into each other eyes. Those eyes were telling me that he wouldn't let me go until I give a proper response. Fortunately he did not attempt to attack me again, instead his strong grip on my wrist is enough to constrain me.


"I apologize for what happened. My name is Camese and based from what you heard I'm a witch. I know I'm acting suspicious but now you can read my mind  right?"

 That's right. there's no way he would know my thoughts unless he read minds.


My eyes were looking intently at him. Hoping it will voice out what I wanted to say.

"You're wrong. I can't read someone else mind, is this a trick you wish to play with?" His eyes were offensive and furious towards me.

I didn't lie. I'm still trying to organize my thoughts when the old lady I'm with for a week caught my vision.


Shocked by the sudden ruckus between me and this guy. She open her mouth and utter something. To my surprise I didn't hear a thing from what she said and why is that?


"Don't you walk near this girl Teresa" He stated. 

I can't help but to feel offended by those words. Does these people think that witches love to kill every person they would encounter with?  How can he judge a person easily and when he asked me to explain my self I obeyed. And somehow I understand that he didn't believe it, even so..


I was about to say something through my mind, when I suddenly felt that I loose all of my strength. I don't know why, but it feels like something is sucking up my energy. Before I can defend myself I passed out.


I woke up when I heard the man's voice, he seems to be talking with someone. Strange, his voice is the only thing that I can hear. Slowly, I open my eyes and try to grasp the things around me until I met the deep mysterious eyes of his.


"Can we have a conversation with you?" 

He's more calm now than before. Wanting to cooperate peacefully though I still can't speak I nod energetically. I flinch, I felt something stings on my neck and when I touch to confirm it. There is a cast on my wound? That's right I have wound my gaze went back to the one who caused it.


" Now I would like you to explain everything to me. What's this?" 

He showed me his fourth finger. It has a tattoo, no wait. My eyes tremble when it recognized that small symbol. A crow, and that to be placed on his forth finger...


I immediately search the inside of my clothes and found the same crow inside a small circle.
This can't be..

"At least you seem to hold a grasp of what's going on" he said. 

Then he turn his attention to his side there's a small white haired old man, he looks like he can't see cause his eyes were closed but you can clearly tell that he's aware of his surroundings. He then spoke, still the same thing happened to old woman named Teresa I also didn't hear any sounds coming out from him.

"Her strength was drained, she can't run nor fight. Things come one after another, I can hear her thoughts and my hand healed and now this symbol.This is a whole mess. I do think she hasn't realized yet what she shouldn't have done." He said back to the old man he was talking to.


"Now do you have an Idea how to undo these things Ms. Witch?" He asked back to me.

I don't know what to do, I mess everything up. The freedom my father granted to me, the people who will suffer into my account by every decision I make. Everything was so hopeless.


"I can't, I can't undo things like being mated with a man. I don't know why your voice is the only thing I can hear. I don't know why until now I couldn't speak and why I suddenly loose all of my strength " 

I also don't know if that's what I wanted to convey to him or to myself.


He then closed his eyes like he's trying to think. He didn't flinch from what I've said. Does he already know that he's mated with a witch.


Guilt, I've done something wrong and things are subtle, where should I start now. Isn't it way better that
I've gone for a long time?  In that way the threat to humanity is long gone now. But my father, he wanted me to live and as his daughter I can't betray the life he sacrificed.

"Please know that I can hear your thoughts clearly and I'm not fond to peek at others mind" 

He heave a sigh, it seems like he has no choice but to listen to everything.

"This old man here is Mr.Godin, he's knowledgeable regarding the things about witches. And It seems like you loose your strength when you transmitted your magic to me. That's why you passed out. And for your case he can't cure you. I'm sure you do know how to speak before, cause you understand and hear me Yes? " I nod. I can't remember being a mute or deaf. 

The old man bows and take his leave. It's like he wanted to give us some time so we can discuss everything ourselves. But where should I begin.
I don't even know the name of the person in front of me-


"Kellan. Kellan is my name. You talking to your self is truly troublesome" He seems exhausted just by listening to my thoughts.

"Why? Why didn't you go all the way and kill me? Aren't you angry that you are now cursed and now that you're bound to me" 

He's ready to kill me a while ago so what's the difference from now.

He walk towards me and stood where I can clearly see his face. 

I can't even guess what's going on the deep blue eyes of his. It was like an ocean that was never touched before. The deeper you dive into it no- it's more like you'll get drown just by staring, there must be something in the depth of those eyes.

" When you past out, I know in myself that I can't do something on a weak person who can't even lift a finger, even more so she's a woman. And honestly speaking I can't trust you that's why I decided to call Mr. Godin.

"He then explained that you have nothing to obtain in everything you've done and you even blessed me with your magic causing the flactuation of your strength. I apologize for my lack of understanding."

He then get down with one knee. Now that he did it I realize that the sun is about to set, the cold breeze from the outside that have it way to the room, for once it feels warm. His silver hair that is glistening from the vivid colors of the sun looks like a clear water from a river I've always been staring at. That moment, I finally felt at esse.

And I can't help but commend his actions.He's more human than I thought.

It was only natural for a human to be scared of the unknown

2