Chapter 4: Deep inside the Forest
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4

  The arrow missed to touch the skin of neither one of them. Their eyes averted above, towards the shadow standing tall on one of the branches of the tree. 

Long black hair dancing with the same rhythm as the wind, astonishing features for a woman welcomed their sight. 

"You can find peace in silence. Resistance and living, is another way of torture from this world" The woman jump down gracefully from the tree. 

"And you mean death is the best option to find that peace?" Kellan asked, the unknown woman isn't aggressive, she seems to negotiate now as she failed to killed them.

"Yes, this country is astray. The war is about to come, that's why we want to release the people for that burden before it happens"

The unamed woman's gaze went to Camese. This girl didn't even flinch when she aimed her bow to her, she's about to face death that moment if it's not by this man.

"You believe that you take those burden from them if you put an end to their lives. Isn't just for self-gratification?" Kellan's voice is deep and calm  contrary to what he had said.  

The woman in front of them felt offended, she immediately erase the thought of saving those two as she turned her back to them. 

" Clinging to your little life won't do good," she was about to walk away when the man speak again. 

"So this is the resolve of the Anti-imperialist  " The man commented and that's enough to stop the woman for making another movement. 

Camese grasp the situation as she listens to Kellan's voice. Anti-imperialist... 

"The way you speak you seem to have more under your sleeves aren't you? Perhaps you're  a lord itself " The calm facade of the unknown girl crumbles as she face the man in front of her. 

"No, just a merely soldier you see" 

"Alright then, how about you come and see the alliance" The woman suggested and gradually approach them. 

"My apologies, I don't have time for that. The maiden here is sick and we badly need to see a physician" Kellan said, 

Camese quietude and aloof facade is something beneficial to a situation like this.

"She doesn't seem too sick, and where are you heading to?" The woman asked. 

The woman is trying to buy some time, she can't act assertively, she knows that she can't capture these two easily, and the man in front of her is emitting a favorable aura. 

If she miscalculated anything, the luck that she had found would slip away from her hands. William is about to come, she just need to hold them off. 

"We're heading to Mount Nobur" 

The man nonchalantly answered. This conversation is nowhere to go. I'll loose both of them if I didn't act now. 

I'll go after the woman first, if I capture her then this man will surely look for us, the alliance will surely benefit from this guy. I can't let them go. 

" Please relay this message to Grouch, a soldier under the command of lieutenant colonel Farlan has arrived. then we may take our leave" 

He said that as he hold on to the waist of the person beside him and carried her deep inside the forest. 

She insisted to go after them, that's a wrong move there's no escape deep inside the forest. 

I'll make sure to take that girl, that's the only way to capture that mysterious man. Lord Grouch... How can that guy know our lord's name, ls it possible that there's another threat to the alliance. 

She throw some daggers towards the shadow moving, she can't comprehend the swift movement of the guy. Exactly as she thought, this guy is not a mere soldier. 

Even the traps made inside the forest was useless to seize him. What a troublesome day. 

Camese hold unto him as he ran in full-speed. She can't even glimpse the shadows of the trees around them. 

"Where are we going? Aren't we heading to another direction?" Camese asked. 

"Change of plans" as he grab her head and buried her face on his chest, then a small dagger flies behind her back. 

Kellan continued to run until they arrived at the edge of the cliff. The woman arrived at the same time. 

"There's no left to run" She stated, Kellan look down, like he's trying to calculate the strong current of the river and the height he's about to leap. It is a suicide to jump from there. 

"You don't plan on jumping don't you?" The woman asked, realizing the true intentions of the man, she chase them again. 

"We're taking the emergency exit" The man said before jumping on the river. She just saw how the two body of human emerged in the water. 

Not long after the woman found herself back inside the forest. A brown haired man welcomed her. 

"Where did you go Filiz? I told you to watch-" 

She cut him off.

" There's no time for nagging, we need to go back" Filiz said before leaving the forest of Novgrid. 

1