Chapter 6: The Fall of Jadimir Tribe
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6

     Camese and Kellan continued their way and reached the Mt.Nobur in the middle of the night.

"On the other hand, I think it's better to advance there tomorrow morning, it's already midnight to pay a visit" Camese suggested. 

"Isn't it better? The lesser the eyes the smaller the trouble " Kellan answered, they decided to stop.

They're still in the middle of discussion wether to go or not, when Kellan suddenly stop, and pull her behind a tree.

A little while later, Camese saw a group of knights  heading down from Mt. Nobur. What affairs they have to head there in the middle of the night? Isn't it disrespectful to pay a visit during this hours? She asks in her thoughts. 

When the knights is  near enough to her sight, their figures came into light. She saw their bloody clothes and weapons. 

What did they...

When the group of knights passed by. Kellan immediately grab her and place her on the horse before he drives the horse in full speed.

Hell..  That's the word comes to her mind when she saw the entire place covered in blood, burned houses. Her head hurts just from the sight of it. 

Her attention turn to a man beside her when she felt he move away from her side. Then she saw him heading to a woman struggling to be freed from the grip of the knight. She's maybe ignorant from other things but she do know that this isn't a good sight to see. 

Kellan arrived before that nightmare came to passed .The knight dropped to the ground from the moment Kellan slit his neck. 

"So fast"she thought

He didn't waste time, he move like wind, he came from here to another. The moment the blade touch the flesh of their skin, they didn't have the time to counter they just drop down the moment he arrived. 

That's when she realized that there was still some knights that was left in here.

'No time for headaches, I shouldn't just stand and watch here' Camese said to herself. 

She then went to a woman she saw earlier. 

The woman's face was full of cuts. It's too much, but not as severe compare to her hands that were bleeding horribly that needed to be tend as early as possible. 

She might be gripping too hard to stop the sword aimed from the knight earlier.

She's crying so hard when she hold unto Camese.

Her hands were filled with blood that stained the clothes she was wearing. Camese rip the edge part of her dress before she wrap it around to the woman's palm to stop the bleeding.

After tending the woman,  She went back looking for survivors and helped them to a safer place.

Her eyes wander around looking for more survivors when her gaze catch an old woman, lying on the floor and still moving. She hurriedly help her rise from the ground. 

The sensation run through her that someone's approaching her aggressively, she turn around in an instant to see a knight heading towards her direction. She grab the sword from the deceased knight beside her and try to defend  herself from the sudden charge. 

But the moment her sword met his, she can't suppress the brute force of a man. She was pushed and the sword is starting to graze deep her shoulder. 

So strong...  

"I should have known" he mutter. Then the knight in front of her  fall to his knees and cough some blood. 

She saw Kellan, he's still catching his breath as he pull out the sword from the chest of the knight. 

His gaze immediately swift to her shoulder. It's bleeding and she can't deny that somehow it hurts. 

"You really love playing with death aren't you? You went in the middle of a fight like it's a wonderful day to retrieve some stones. Don't you have any sense of self preservation? " as expected he nagged at her. 

" It's not my intention to get in your way. I was trying to help-"she was cutoff with his deep calm voice 

"I know. And I didn't blame you. " his tranquil gaze met her. He sighed, then went beside her. Pressing his small cloth to her wound. 

"Thank you so much for helping us" Some of the survivors she had gathered bow their heads deep down facing the ground, while most of them mourn in grievance as they hold the body of their precious ones. 

"Please rise" Kellan stated. He clutched Camese's hand and lead her closer to him to support her body when she stumbled. 

"May we know your concerns? to visit us at a time like this. " the old woman asked, there's a young woman who stick with her, she assist her to stand firmly. 

"We can spare the talk later. First, we have to tend those who are badly wounded" 

They arrived at the tavern nearby, 

Kellan offer a  bag of gold coins  for the accommodation of nine survivors and for the two of them. 

"I can't welcome you to our business, you guys are badly wounded, what would I do if the Imperial army found out that I received such guest? Get out" A slender man with mustaches voiced out. 

The man's eyes were glaring with hostility met the deep blue ones of Kellan. 

" I see, negotiating to accommodate the old and the wounded isn't possible. Then I suppose this is how we settle " Kellan sheath out his sword.

"That's-- please have your way! " the man easily give up, he realizes that the man bath in blood in front of him wouldn't hesitate to finish him if he run out of patience. 

He added one more bag of gold coins to the owner. 

"Sorry for the trouble, we will leave before the sun rise. Please give some of your medicines you have here" He said before picking her up. 

It's still a cold silent night, they're staying in a room which space is enough  for two. Just enough. 

Camese staring gently to a man, whose hands are busy nursing the gash on her shoulder. 

He fight far way better than the Imperial Knights. The brisk movement he did before, like he posses a menacing act of a wild animal. But he's gentle to the people in need, he doesn't oppress someone even though he know his strength is superior to them. 

"You know I can clearly hear what's on your mind right? " He stated.

Her red ones met his blue ones, as they try to uncover what in each other mind. 

"I know. Don't you think you were more dangerous than the black witch itself?" she can't help but ask. He then stare intently at her. 

"You afraid?" He asked back, 

"No,  You are not just a competent soldier from what I see, you were far way beyond a soldier"

Camese is trying to peak what's on his mind, isn't it unfair how can he read my mind and I can't do the same to him? 

"Sorry to ravage my great image from you. But just a mere soldier you see. A  knight is better and they out ranked a soldier like me. So if you're done with the inquires we may look for-" she cut him off

"He's lying but at the same time he's not" she thought. She saw him pause for a moment but it didn't last a second before he help her stand. 

"If you feel okay now, then let's look for the Head of Jadimir Tribe" his eyes went blank as he spoke unto her. 

"I'm sorry" she apologized. Right, she have no rights to meddle in his thoughts as a matter of fact he's the one who does the favor here. 

He didn't reply as they head out the room.

Some who survived the havoc that happened a while ago gather in a small area. They stop in front of them. 

"My lord, we can't thank you enough for helping us. As you can see we don't have something to give in return. Our homes turned to ashes and they have killed most of us" said by  the same old woman that spoke from a while ago. 

"I'm no lord, and I wasn't asking anything in return. Instead, we are looking for the Head of Jadimir Tribe  " Kellan said 

"It is I my lord" The little girl stated, she's also the same girl who's beside that old woman from while ago. 

Kellan didn't bother to rephrase her. He's quite surprise from the situation he was in. 

"You?" He confirm

"Yes, my lord" she even bow her head to show some courtesy. 

"We were sent here by Mr.Godin, and we want to discuss some private matter with you" 

"Godin? Then let's head to a more disclosed place" the old woman suggested. 

0