Chapter 7: Matrimonial Ceremony of Witches
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 

    Camese feel a liitle uneasy when the previous Head of Jadimir study her hands.

"Can you show me the mark on your chest that you were talking about?" The old lady said. She's examining not just her hands and fingers but also her entire body as she look closely at her. 

She just stare to the old woman and look back to Kellan when she can't comprehend what the elderly said.

"Your mark, show it to her" he said. He turn his gaze to the other side, as if he's trying to show some respect to. 

Slowly, she reveal the mark hidden beneath  the dress.

She felt the warm hand of the old woman  as it assess her mark.

"Pull it up" she didn't hear it, but somehow she understood that was she meant.

The old woman avert her attention to Kellan.

"You said that only you can hear her thoughts, she can't speak as of now right? You also said that she healed up your wounds in an instant after she touched your wounded hand? She also bring back to life the dead animal. And lastly by mistake you were betrothed to her. " the elderly recites as if she's trying to evaluate the situation. 

" What I am certain is that the moment your blood mixed up the two of you fulfill the act of the Sacred Matrimony of  Witches, . And when you carry out that ceremonial, the union will be eternally tied."the old woman explained.

"So simply saying there's no way out here? "

Kellan trying to confirm the situation he was in. 

"Certainly, my lord" The elder woman even bow after saying those. 

"Regarding your situation, the marriage is more beneficial to you, marriage is like a contract you made with witches. They'll dedicate their lives to the person they vowed to. Most of the Aristocrat prefer to affiliate with witches to have their magic, then get wed to someone after the witch dies. Most of the caused of their deaths is from excessive used of magic. But for witches the Matrimonial Ceremony is a one's in a life time ceremony they could perform with another individual. They do value it"the woman added 

" Deceiving someone to the point of killing them just to obtain something that fascinates them, such fraudulent living creatures really exist in this world" Kellan stated. Disgust, anger and somehow sad is visible to his face. 

" I agree, they see them as a vessel for revenge and other dishonorable act then dispose after" The old woman appraise the young man in front of her. 

He's different. The elderly thought.. 

While they keep on discussing, Camese is trying to grasp the conversation between the two. She's trying to read from the way the old woman open her mouth. 

"How about her disability to speak? At least can you help her by that" he requested. 

"If it's meant to be, then the seal of the magic  will unravel. Witch magic are simple if one fulfill the the desired requirement then the magic will give what you desire" 

Kellan is still confused, trying to assess which act to take. 

"And if you're wondering how she had healed your wound. That's another concern. A normal witch can't heal theirselves more so another individual" 

"Then she isn't exactly a witch?" confusion rises in Kellan's head after the old woman open up another concern of his. 

"She is I'm certain, the mark on her chest it is a witch mark" The voice that is smoothing to the ears makes you believe that she's sure of what's she's saying.

"I thought we will come up to a solution after this consult"

As if delighted from what in front of her the previous head of Jadimir Tribe continued. 

"There's a myth saying Kahir the God of the witches bless one of his subject for every one thousand year. But no one has lived that long enough to manifest that it is  real. So no one ever believe it they just see it as a simple children's story." 

"A Myth?  Then does  having blessed means?" he asked. 

The elderly sit firmly like she was trying to remember some momentum from the past. 

"From other tales, they said their fate depends upon the human they share the contract with. Most of them faced a horribly death since they're a great vessel to humar war.

Humans are greedy they seek power more than anything else, aside from wealth and pleasure of course. If someone can offer them at the same level power like a King  they will absolutely take it and use it to their own satisfaction, but that is only a legend, I can't testify to that" 

" Legend or not, Tales or not they're also human that was born in this world. They have to be treated humanly enough and not as slaves" his eyes holds strong intent of justice. The old woman thought, she then smiled. 

" You're a good lord "The old woman commented. 

" And also her energy depleted" He said ignoring the compliment from the elder. 

" then magic is too much for her, she has to learn how to control her magic"

" I see, thank you for your time Lady Jadimir" Kellan thanked her, Camese also bow slightly to show some courtesy. 

"No it's not enough after you help us from that calamity. We discussed everything with the tribe and we came up to the conclusion that we seek to serve you our lord since we don't have homes to go back to and above all the Imperial Guards will tail after us to make sure that death is the only thing that awaits us. And of course that is  upon your approval, we acknowledge of your refusal" The little girl bow her head deeply. This girl is the present Head of Jadimir Tribe. She's still learning from the responsibilities. 

"It's fine I'm planning to take you all to a safer place. let's move to the farm before the sunrise" 

After a day or two of journey back to the country side of Novgrid. They arrived before the sun has set. 

Camese is lying down in her own room as her thoughts are engage from the discussion earlier. If she's this far she wasn't sure whether He can hear her or not. 

"How can I tie him forever with me? And what did the Old Jadimir say, that I am the blessed child of God of the witches. That's a tale I heard from my parents but I didn't remember that I was the one"

As her thoughts baffles from everything and worn out from the journey they've been through, she fell into  a  deep sleep that night. 

The little Camese is sitting on the edge of the cliff that day watching down the river, 

Beautiful so beautiful. Amazed from the sight in front of her she failed to remember that it's the time to go back. 

"Camese, finally! let's head back home" The mother panick in worry after she saw the little girl sitting on the edge of the cliff.

The mother of the girl hold hands with the little girl as they went back home. 

The little Camese is laying beside her mother. And They're about to sleep. 

"Mother.." she was about to call her mother when she hugged her. 

"My beloved daughter, I want you to listen. You're a sacred witch. That appeared after a thousand  year. I oath to the highest that you will be guided and protected" Her mother said. Before kissing her forehead 

Then the little Camese fell into sleep. 

Camese woke up sweat dripping from her forehead.. 

A week has passed she's trying to avoid Kellan, she doesn't want him near enough to her, her thoughts  he can hear everything. 

After consuming some bread for breakfast and finishing the kitchen chores she decided to help hunt some meat in the farm. . 

She come across of the woman from the Jadimir tribe. She smile gently to her before she proceed to lay out the soiled linens

But she was more surprise to bump across to the guy with silver hair and deep blue eyes.

"You're up" he stated, I thought he was angry from last time. 

"Yes I'm sorry, I'm heading to the farm now to hunt do you need anything from me? " she asked  

"Yes. I was looking up for you to apologize from my behavior. And as a peace offering come" he drag her out 

He place her into his horse.

He didn't even ask my permission. She thought 

"You'll agree anyways" he commented. 

And they head out to the nearest town. 

0