Chapter 8: A Warm Afternoon in the Library
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Chapter 8

"What are we doing here?" she asked while trying to peer at the two storey brick made house. 

"I catch a sight of you when you went to a room returning some books to the small bookshelves we have in farm. So I presume you might like it here" he implies as if he has everything calculated. He make his way inside and never look back. 

When Kellan found her in the middle of brawling on the outskirt of the town. She herself wasn't aware of her own existence that time. She knows she's alive but not entirely. She never went inside a library. Practically, She never been in a town before. The wide horizon of the mountain that has to offer that nurtured and mold her to a fine woman.

That Mountain where she grown upon means an entire world for her. That's why back then she always ask her father to bring her books whenever he went out to the city, she's fascinated by the sight of towns and lights in a book. A Book showed her another world she never knew. 

But for him to notice that much...

Her heart starts to thump blissfully. 

"You feed me enough and have me in your shelter I even made your life to shambles. At this moment we still can't obtain any sort of resolve. And it's my fault for asking things I shouldn't have. You don't have to do this.. " she conveyed, She didn't want to use too much luck. She's been blessed enough after he take her into his account. 

"Just choose some that catches your eye. I even gash you before and It hunts me every night, can't you just get whatever you want and give me some peaceful sleep. Can you do that ?" so he still fret about that.. 

She breath out before she nod to his favor, if you can call this a favor which isn't likely.

She take a look around and her eyes glisten after seeing  plenty of books properly arranged in the bookshelves. She have imagined what a library looks like but seeing it above her eyes brings delight to her inner self. 

She's so happy that it's visible to her face as she glance through the shelves in the library. 

" If I'm about to die then your hands is the perfect tool to end this life of mine" Kellan muttered, his voice is the same as always but it's emitting some strange emotion. 

"I wouldn't kill you, and I wouldn't let you die" she wilfully uttered. She's too busy scanning the books. 

"That's a wonderful quote, but you let it passed through you" he said with disappointment. She avert her stare to him and  found him earnestly staring at her. 

She's bewildered by the words that come of from a really weird guy. 

"Enlighten me then. I really don't like the idea of me killing you" she stated as she gave him her full attention. 

"I'll be blessed if you're the last person my eyes will lay with" he said then grab her hands with the mark same as his. He started to play with it. 

Her heart beats faster from the sudden touch of his hands.

'So. Warm' she thought.. 

"You don't have anything in mind after we returned, refraining yourself to be curious about me. You're ignoring and avoiding me don't you? You keep quiet and behave like everything is fine after we left from Nobur" He keeps playing with her fingers. She knows that there's something behind those sulking visage. She can't just point it out. 

"I didn't want to burden you more, I tied you down with. I can't find a resolve as of now that's why I'm trying not to get on your bad side, cause honestly speaking I don't have anywhere to go"she confessed. 

He paused playing with her fingers and stare intently at her. 

"Are you afraid that I might take advantage of you?" he asked. 

Her eyes quivered. 

"I'm not going to be honest if I say that I didn't think of it. But deep in myself I trust you. You can monopolize me now that I'm bind to you, regardless these things. You thought I might think that you're just trying to please me. You could have lied about the conditions of Matrimonial Ceremony and  deceived me since I didn't hear a word from the head of Jadimir Tribe. Instead you brought me here, why are you getting nicer and nicer the more I get to know you?"she asked back. 

"I-" he's about to say something when he paused like he's hesitant to do it. 

She grab a nearby book. 

"This look so interesting, I'll get this one then" She's trying to deflect the sudden situation they're in. 

His eyes were calm as before but they glisten when the sun rays passed through the curtain.

Her heart beat grew louder again. He then interlaced her fingers to his. 

How can she skim the book properly if he keep my hands? She even stare back at him waiting for answers. 

He showed his grinning face to her. Her brows knit, 

"My left hand is still available, I can help you with that" he said proudly. Now she's confused. 

This guy can really turn her mind upside down.. 

"If you want to hold hands just say it" she thought, making sure that he heard it clearly. 

Instead of getting embarrassed from being found out he laughed. 

"Getting inside your head is really wonderful" cheerfully he said. 

"Yeah surely it's unfair, but if it can make you feel that happy then let it be" she went to the other shelves. 

Even though her thoughts is in, the man beside her. She's still fascinated by the books that surrounds her. 

"That's bad, then I'm going to give you half of my luck come and look into my eyes" he said, with the low calm tone. 

All at once, she look into his eyes. 

Deep blue beautiful eyes of man, incomparable straight edge nose, An exquisite lips. Rustled hair caused by the wind that passes through the window nearby.

He's a good looker soldier she thought, that's not just luck but a blessing. Is he trying to brag his appearance now? She wonder. 

"No. You're just out of the pace Ms. Witch" he implies. 

"Your ocean eyes, why do I feel like I'll always drown whenever I stare at them" He grip her hands. 

"You're above the waves of that ocean than you think. However, if you choose to get drown it's fine you have no choice but to hold onto me" he said before he amuse himself with her hands again. 

Isn't it the situation I was in? Camese thought so. 

0