Deemed Guilty
3.5k 3 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11

 

 

I told my crew that we aren’t going to land once we reach Alabasta and instead continue to fly over the desert. There was an oasis in the town we needed to be anyway. No need to walk all the way over there through the desert. That would be just wasting energy and time.

 

 

 

Me: Sis, how can there be such a massive river yet have a desert right next to it?

 

 

 

Diana: Don’t know. I was never an expert of geography and stuff like that. Besides, this is technically an Anime/manga world. Logic doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to.

 

 

 

Me: I guess.

 

 

 

Sis then turned to Sarah who was still confused as to why we were flying over the country instead of docking it normally…well, we will dock once we reach the other side of the island. But for now, we’ll have to just land softly on that small body of water.

 

 

 

Diana: Sarah, please land us in the oasis. We have business with the casino.

 

 

 

Sarah: You’re going to gamble?!

 

 

 

Diana: No! uhh… no, the owner of that place is apparently doing something weird. We received suspicious reports of his activities. We’re going to see if it’s true in a couple of days.

 

 

 

Seriously, sis’s way to BSing through life is as good as always.

 

 

 

Anyway, we landed on the oasis which got quite the attention.

 

 

 

If this was the canon version, then it wold’ve been real messy involving a chase scene with Smoker, the Straw Hat pirates, Ace, and somewhere in the middle of that being caught and locked up by Crocodile. Oh wait, maybe we passed that stage, we’re in Rainbase after all.

 

 

 

I’ve got a much simpler idea. Go up to Crocodile and gather evidence that he’s guilty then be done with it.

 

 

 

But, we still need to rest a couple of days. We arrived at Alabasta way too quickly. If we solve all of this now, then by the time Luffy gets here, there would be nothing.

 

 

 

Diana: We’re going to be staying here for a couple of days so I suggest looking around here. There’s probably not much, being a desert island, but you might see something that’s interesting. Be back here by nightfall though. We’re sleeping on board.

 

 

 

Besides, our ship had better facilities than most inns/hotels anyway.

 

 

 

Sarah and Doc decided to stay on board while the rest of us decided to explore the town a little. As for me, you could say that I was going to ‘scout out’ the area a little.

 

 

 

When Tim and John left for whatever they wanted to do, I found myself walking through town with my sister. hehe

 

 

 

After walking around a little, we found the pub that Smoker and Luffy were at in the anime. I could see the scene playing out already; Luffy and Ussop all thirsty then splashing that all over Smoker and Tashigi.

 

 

 

I wish we could see that ourselves, but unfortunately, we would be busy then. Maybe another time.

 

 

 

When we got back on the ship, Tim and John looked suspiciously refreshed, but I refrained from asking. Whatever they did would remain in this town and no more.

 

 

 

Me: Sis, we should call Smoker and tell him about our suspicions on Crocodile.

 

 

 

Diana: He should be here sooner than Luffy. He’s coming here directly while the Straw Hats are making a stop and some village. What are you going to tell him though?

 

 

 

Me: Just saying that he’s connected to that Bounty Hunter Organization and the Dance Powder should be enough to get Smoker on our side and permission to search him from above.

 

 

 

Diana: Alright then, let’s make the call.

 

 

 

*ring* *ring*

 

 

 

Smoker: *cough* Captain Smoker here.

 

 

 

Diana: Hey Smoker, we’ve got some news for you. I think you could help us with it too.

 

 

 

Smoker: I refuse. Ask someone else

 

 

 

Diana: This is about the 7 Warlords of the Sea and the lives of possibly millions.

 

 

 

Smoker: *grunt*… go on

 

 

 

Diana: You’re in Alabasta aren’t you? Or at least about to arrive

 

 

 

Smoker only grunted as a confirmation

 

 

 

Diana: We have suspicions regarding Crocodile, one of the 7 Warlords. That he’s the one behind Baroque Works under an alias Mr.0 as well as responsible for distributing something called ‘Dance Powder’ which forcibly drains the water from the sky to rain. You can probably understand why that’s bad for a desert country like Alabasta.

 

 

 

Smoker grunted in understanding. Seriously, it’s interesting how we can understand nothing but his grunts in so many ways.

 

 

 

Diana: We need confirmation of it somehow before it’s too late. We’re planning on infiltrating his base here in Rainbase. But while we do that, we need you to go win the King of what might happen.

 

 

 

Smoker: What might happen?

 

 

 

Diana: Civil War and collapse of this country. Crocodile did a good job at painting himself as the local hero here. You need to warn the King to not give in to either side. He must not give over his country nor start a war.

 

 

 

Smoker: I came here to chase Straw Hats and he did say that he’s after Crocodile as well…

 

 

 

Diana: Then he’s going to where you’ll be anyway. You shouldn’t have any problems with this.

 

 

 

Smoker: I guess I don’t. Then I expect to see you soon

 

 

 

With that, the call was over.

 

 

 

Me: Sis, personally, I don’t want to fight Crocodile here. It’s too much of a risk. Isn’t there a safer way of getting the proof? I can win, but the people…

 

 

 

Diana: Technically yes; But we would need to wait for one of these three people. Igaram, Vivi, or Bon Clay and force them to tell the truth.

 

 

 

Me: Or Nico Robin, or should I call her Miss All Sunday for now? we can convince her to help us by telling her what he’s planning to do to the entirety of Alabasta

 

 

 

 

Diana: Oooo… you little monster *rub* *rub* Are you really planning in using someone’s trauma against them like that?

 

 

 

Nico Robin’s fear of her childhood when the Buster Call was requested and acted upon her home island of Ohara. If we can only contact her without Crocodile noticing, then we can tell her about the bomb that Crocodile has that would be comparable to a Buster Call.

 

 

 

It might not erase the island, but it would surely kill everyone…except maybe a few of us.

 

 

 

Me: Alright then, I’ll keep my senses open for a Devil Fruit user. Their electromagnetic waves are slightly different for some reason. I wouldn’t know.

 

 

 

I felt them arrive a little less than a week later. Two people with devil fruit abilities approaching Rainbase; it was definitely them.

 

 

 

When it was night, I felt the two separate. Looks like they aren’t always together.

 

 

 

Me: It’s time. You stay here, I’ll go. My powers are better suited for this.

 

 

 

Diana: Alright then, be careful!

 

 

 

She gave me a hug before she let me go.

 

 

 

I used Soru and Geppo together to quickly get off the ship without anyone noticing. I tracked Robin down through the streets until I revealed myself in an alleyway.

 

 

 

Me: Hello

 

 

 

Robin: Who are you!

 

 

 

Her arms multiplied as she got ready to defend herself.

 

 

 

Me: Relax. I’m just here to talk. Not interested in your past, your crimes or anything. But I need your help in proving something.

 

 

 

Robin: You still haven’t answered my question

 

 

 

She glared at me.

 

 

 

Me: Alright then… just promise me that you won’t suddenly freak out or anything alright?

 

 

 

She just nodded.

 

 

 

Me: Kara Fujitora. Rear Admiral of the Marines and 2nd in Command of the First Rapid Response Unit.

 

 

 

Robin’s eyes got wider as she took in my words.

 

 

 

Robin: What does a Rear Admiral need from me? Besides, I don’t think the Marines and Bounty Hunters are on good terms to begin with.

 

 

 

Me: I need you to tell the World Government about what he plans to do to Alabasta as well as why.

 

 

 

Robin: And exactly why should I do that…?

 

 

 

Me: Because you would be saving lives. Many lives Nico Robin

 

 

 

Her expression when she’s surprised is quite funny. I think it’s mostly because her demeanor is usually calm that it’s so new to see something like this.

 

 

 

Robin: What are you talking about…!

 

 

 

Me: Ms. Robin, I know of your past and your connection with Ohara. But that’s not what I’m here for. But depending on your answer, a similar incident may appear right here in Alabasta.

 

 

 

Robin: What?

 

 

 

Me: You see, once you’ve read the text and reveal what Crocodile wants, he never planned to leave any witnesses. He’s going to blow up a bomb right in the center of the country. You can expect that nobody will be able to survive that explosion…

 

 

 

Robin: Except Crocodile…am I right?

 

 

 

Me: You are. We just need you to testify for us. Not as Nico Robin, but as Miss All Sunday the bounty hunter to the World Government; once you do that, then his position as Warlord will be stripped and we would be able to take legal actions against him.

 

 

 

I could see the gears in Robin’s head moving. Trying to see if this was a trap or not.

 

 

 

Me: Think carefully Ms. Robin, not all Marines are your enemies. Allies can be made in unexpected places don’t you agree? Didn’t you save Straw Hat once from death? From what I feel from you, you never really intended to give Crocodile the location of the ‘thing’ he’s looking for anyway.

 

 

Robin: How…?

 

 

 

In reality, I shouldn’t know but the power of anime told me the future. But she doesn’t need to know that.

 

 

 

Judging by her expression, I just need one more shove until she agrees.

 

 

 

Me: If you save the kingdom instead of help destroying it. I think the King would gladly show you the text. Your goal to read the text can easily be arranged. But please, the lives of possibly millions are in your hands.

 

 

 

I’m not sure if there even is a million people on Alabasta but meh, as long as the expression works.

 

 

 

Robin: …I’ll do it. I’ll tell the World Government what Crocodile’s planning to do.

 

 

 

smiled at her and told her to follow me.

 

 

 

Robin: You were the one on the ship in the middle of the oasis?!

 

 

 

Me: Yeah, why?

 

 

 

Robin: Why? Because there’s a ship in the middle of the desert! How did you even bring it here?

 

 

 

Me: We flew.

 

 

 

Robin: Whaa?

 

 

 

Me: Oh, by the way, I need you to relax. I’m going to fly you to our ship okay?

 

 

 

With that, I activated my devil fruit and reversed gravity on myself and Robin. Then, I simply removed all friction on her then pushed her towards our ship.

 

 

 

Hmm… I thought there would be more yelling and moving around but looks like Robin has a heart of steel. She doesn’t even look shocked.

 

 

 

Robin: I guess this explains how you can fly a ship here.

 

 

 

Me: Not exactly, but it’s part of the reason.

Anyway. I’M BACK!

 

 

 

My crew came to greet us on the deck.

 

 

 

Diana: We have to call ready. Whenever you’re ready Miss All Sunday

 

 

 

We decided to call her that here since it’d be hard to get credibility when you’re talking with a pirate.

 

 

 

 

*ring* *ring*

 

 

 

Marine: Hello?

 

 

 

Diana: This is Rear Admiral Diana from the First Rapid Response Unit. Connect me to the Fleet Admiral

 

 

 

After a lot of stuttering, connections and proof that we are Rear Admirals, we got connected to Sengoku.

 

 

 

Sengoku: Hello? Is this Diana?

 

 

 

Diana: Hi, we’re in Alabasta right now and I’m bringing some grave news. Something that could affect almost every life on Alabasta

 

 

 

Sengoku: *sigh* what did you girls do?

 

 

 

Me: Hey! We haven’t done anything! We discovered something alright?

 

 

 

Diana: Anyway, this is regarding Crocodile. One of the 7 warlords.

 

 

 

Sengoku: Go on…

 

 

 

Diana: He’s been the one behind the suspicious bounty hunter organization Baroque Works under the alias Mr.0 . In addition, he’s the one responsible for the Dance Powder which forcibly takes rain from somewhere else and raining elsewhere. It’s had a detrimental affect in a desert country like Alabasta

 

 

 

Sengoku: I can guess

 

 

 

Diana: Also he’s plotting a civil war, then will set off a bomb that has enough power to erase the entire Kingdom. Apparently he’s looking for something.

 

 

 

Sengoku: TELL ME THAT FIRST! Goddamn it. What wrong with your priorities?

*huff* *huff* I feel older just dealing with you girls.

 

 

 

Me: Shut up, you probably already have white hair but just dye it black to present you’re still in your prime.

 

 

 

Sengoku: Whaa… how did you… no. Anyway, do you have proof of your words?

 

 

 

I signaled Robin to the den den mushi

 

 

 

Robin: Hello, I am Miss All Sunday from Baroque Works. I work under Mr.0, who is in reality, Crocodile.

 

 

 

Sengoku: *grumble*

 

 

 

I could hear him going through a lot of paper before he started talking again

 

 

 

Sengoku: Yes, there is indeed someone called Miss All Sunday in the organization. Normally I would ask for verification but I will choose to trust the twins for now.

Then Miss Sunday, could you guarantee that all Diana has said is true?

 

 

 

Robin: Yes, I give you my word. But please don’t punish Baroque works members. When we joined the organization, we didn’t know who Mr. 0 was.

 

 

 

Hmm… looks like there is honor among thieves, or maybe bounty hunters this time? Worrying about her fellow employees, even if the time may have been short.

 

 

 

Sengoku: Very well. Then Diana, I believe you told me this for a reason?

 

 

 

Diana: You told me to report to you whenever something big came up

 

 

 

Sengoku: THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEAN DAMMIT

 

 

 

Diana: *smirk* I’m just kidding. We need you to strip Crocodile of his status as Warlord unofficially so we can take action against him legally yet silently.

 

 

 

Sengoku: That can be done. I’ll send the order through the slowest channel. It’ll take a couple of days to reach there. But in official dates, Crocodile is hereby no longer a Warlord as of now. You are free to take action against him.

 

 

 

Diana: Great, thanks Fleet Admiral.

 

 

 

With that, the call ended.

 

 

 

Me: So Miss Sunday, what about you now? What will you do?

 

 

 

Robin: I’m not sure…I don’t know what to do.

 

 

 

I went close to her ear and whispered without anyone hearing

 

 

 

Me: Stick with us for now, then we can arrange for you to read the text. You can do whatever afterwards but I recommend joining the Straw Hats if you must leave. You seem to trust them, do you not?

You will have the freedom and people you need to continue searching for what you’ve always looked for.

 

 

I need her go to with the Straw Hats if we want to make Enies Lobby arc happen. Honestly one of my favorite arcs in the entire series. I would hate to miss it just because Robin’s not part of the crew.

 

 

 

 

 

Robin: … yes… I think I will do just that

 

 

Me: Then it’s arranged. Let us go to Alubarna before Crocodile does. He will definitely come there anyway.

 

 

 

Robin: Is it really a good idea to face him in the Royal Capital? There would be way more people there!

 

 

 

Diana: Miss Sunday, please tell me what you see around you.

 

 

 

Robin: Desert

 

 

 

Diana: And what fruit did Crocodile eat?

 

 

 

Robin: Yes… you’re right. It would be safer to fight him in the capital where there’s less sand.

 

 

 

Diana: Then let us go! I’d like to enjoy myself in the capital then this place that’s in the middle of nowhere.

 

 

 

Sarah: Alright, Kara, please lift the ship up please.

 

 

 

I activated my devil fruit and the ship started to rise.

 

 

 

Sarah: Setting course to Alubarna!

89