Short Story: Kidnappers Lament
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I-I-I really did it! I can’t believe that actually worked! With this I can live an easy life after this, free of work and worry of money!

(Female Voice) “Excuse me…”

What will I do with all the money I’ll get from this, I could eat 3 full meals a day! No more instant ramen once a day anymore or bargain cereal! M-m-maybe I could afford brand named cereal and milk now!

(Female Voice) “Umm...Mister....”

“Ah! Y-y-you’re awake now, I umm… Hope I wasn’t too rough.”

I was really careful when I carried her into my apartment, and I had to use the stairs so no one would see me. Genius I know, taking the elevator everyone would see me carrying a girl piggyback to the 10th floor.

(Female Voice) “Ah, thank you for your concern I am unharmed.”

Phew… that’s good I made sure to cushion the impact when ever I missed a step or was too exhausted. For some reason my balance was off the entire time, probably from doing something I’m not used to.

(Female Voice) “Mister… Am I… perhaps kidnapped?”

“W-w-what! No, no! I just saw you passed out in the mall and didn’t know where you lived so I brought you back here until I could call your parents!”

Keep calm, my plan is flawless… It was just outside my expectations that she would figure out the situation so fast!

(Female Voice) “Is that so? Thank you very much for your consideration mister. However… I remember leaving the mall for some fresh air…”

Ugh! That’s right! I had followed her outside the mall when I kidnapped her! No no, I can do this, I can save this! I will not give up in the name living a luxurious life with instant coffee and sugar!!!

“That’s right miss! I remember the mall because you had fallen backwards and fainted. Fortunately I had just happen to be there to catch you.”

It really was a strike of luck that she had fainted right when I got behind her like that. Who would have thought the daughter of my boss would just let me kidnap her like that, even the heavens are on my side!

(Female Voice) “I do faintly remember feeling light headed suddenly… I also seem to remember feeling as if I was...touched inappropriately…”

Gah! Why did she remember that part! I’m not a pervert! It wasn’t my fault, she suddenly fell backwards and I tried to catch her… It was an act of god I say! But they were so … soft and ah! I can’t be side tracked, I have to concentrate this!

“M-m-miss Serenity it was just your imagination! Someone like me, touching y-y-you i-i-inap-p-proriately would never happen!”

Even if it was a dream within a dream I wouldn’t even think of even breathing the same air as the Miss! No no no I have to stop thinking negatively, after this I won’t see her again anyways! Think of the money! I could maybe even splurge and get my own utensils instead of taking them the break room!

(Serenity) “Is that so… Perhaps I was imagining things… And...are we acquainted mister?”

Huh!? Why would Miss Serenity think we knew each other…I mean I have seen her from a distance before… Maybe she knows I work for her dad! What do I do now!? No...no….nonono! This isn’t happening we’ve never really met before this!

(Serenity) “Mister…? I do apologize for not remembering you, even though you went through the trouble of remembering my name…”

Why did she… Oh no… I … Used her name earlier! Nooo! I had already was planning on buying my own bowl to eat with… I-I-I don’t want to keep reusing the instant noodle cups! What do I do now!?

(Serenity) “Mister… Are you feeling ill?”

Saying this, Miss Serenity reached over and put her hand on my forehead to check my temperature with a smile. I felt an overwhelming amount of guilt suddenly, even though I had kidnapped her she would still be concerned about someone like me.

“N-N-Not at all Miss! I’m perfectly fine, the epitome of healthy!”

Just to prove to her I started doing squats in front of her causing her to let out a cute giggle. C-c-cute, too cute! I could feel the blood rush to my face.

Too bright! Blinding even! Using that smile is cheating! W-what have I done!? I let the temptation of living a luxurious life style cause me to kidnap such a cute girl for money! What should I do now!?

(Serenity) “Is something the matter…?”

I’ll just come clean and take the punishment for my crimes… Good bye 3 meals a day… my dreams of being able to eat with non disposable utensils… Farewell my brand name cereal and milk!

“Miss Serenity...I...I...I’m so sorry! I lied, I didn’t bring you here because I didn’t bring you here with pure intentions!”

… After a moment of silence, she suddenly covers her chest and turns away? What… Oh no!

“I-I-It’s not like that! Kidnapping! I was trying to kidnap you for money!”

It’s over… I’m going to go to jail… at least there they’ll feed me… wait… that doesn’t sound so bad!

(Serenity) “Is that so… So Harold kidnapped me… correct?”

Then the image of an smiling angel...was replaced with the devilish grin of a demoness….

1