Chapter 2 – Basement
26 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

03.01.6900 - Somnium (Oshren, World Tree) Present

 

Being here for 2 days, Byron understood a few things. The first thing is that they speak german, which is really convenient. The world here isn't that advanced in terms of science. It has something like magic tho. The raw form of it is called dream energy. He really wants to learn how to use it.

He is born as an elv, not any elv. An elv in the royal family, he is the 3rd heir to the throne.

The beautiful elv from before was his older sister called Hanna.

His father, the king of Oshren is called Henry I.

His mother, the queen of Oshren is called Matilda.

He didn't get to hear the names of his brothers. He couldn't get that much information in his current state.

 

Byron lies in his little bed which has wood bars to keep him in there. He can't really do anything because of that, that's why he has a lot of time to think about what's happening.

"I really wonder how I got here. I also hope Lukas isn't that sad that I'm gone..."

Breaking his train of thought, he hears someone coming in. It's his sister Hanna.

"Byroooon~~~~~~, let's go to the garden" (❁´◡`❁)

Hanna, his older sister, is really playful and tries to take him with her when she goes out to the garden. It's really convenient, that way he can see a little bit of the world. She looks like a 19 year old girl but she acts like 12, he thinks that is because elves are supposed to live really long and therefore mentally grow slower.

Hanna also talks a lot to him, even though she knows that Byron doesn't understand anything at this age. Byron sometimes wants to ask things but he knows that this is a bad idea and makes a difficult situation.

On the way to the garden, he can see a lot of elves. All of them bow when his sister and Byron in the stroller passes by.

From the garden he can see that they came from a big tree, it looks like a world tree from the stories on earth. Internally it doesn't look like a tree at all. It even has stone walls in there. 

The big tree is on a hill, he sees a big forest with tree houses and lots of sturdy bridges between them. It looks like some of the trees are carved out which you can see because of the windows. You can also see normal houses on the ground, it seems like they have something like a 2 floor system.

 

04.05.6907 - Somnium (Oshren, World Tree) Present

 

As time flies by, Byron began to speak, as an elv you are supposed to speak later than humans. Byron suspicion of elves mentally growing slower is confirmed. His body grows normal tho. He is 7 now.

Today is the day Byron finally sees more of the outside world. 

Byron can finally leave the world tree, he wasn't allowed to go outside at all. Only through Hanna he saw a little bit of the garden and the forest. He also wasn't allowed to enter the library. He doesn't know why but every time he ask his sister, she won't answer. He also never saw his parents in all those years. Hanna said that our parents are busy and can't visit us.

Strangely enough, his sister stopped visiting a year ago.

Today a soldier came and picked him up. Even though he is really happy that he can leave, he finds this whole situation really suspicious and has a bad feeling. He doesn't even know where they go. The soldier gave Byron a cloak and ordered him to keep his head down.

"Where are we headed to?" asks Byron nervously.

[...] 

[...]

[...]

"Man, I don't know... I think something really bad is happening. I can't run away..." Byron thinks.

While walking, Byron looks around to see where they are going. He wants to run but there are way to many soldiers and he doesn't even know the destination of this walk, he can see the beautiful elven architecture. Stylish golden engravings along the walls, white stone pillars, chandeliers made out of leaves and plants growing in specific ways. A pleasing mixture of stone and plants/wood.

"Before we can go out, we need to make a quick visit to the basement" the soldier said delayed.

"Okayy..." Byron mutters.

...

...

They arrived at an small staircase which is run down. It looks like it isn't used often. They slowly follow the path down the stairs. Byron in front, the soldier behind him.

Byron and the solider got to the basement. He saw a room looking like a torture chamber. He stops and wanted to turn around but two other soldiers grabbed him as they entered the room which looks like straight out of a saw movie.

"It's gonna hurt a little but it's for your own good. You will understand after a while" A soldier said.

Byron panics. "Shit..."

Another soldier grabbed a scissors like looking tool. It's curved and can be adjusted. 

"Fck, AHHHHHHHh" Byron screams.

Blood flowing down his cheek, the taste of metal again. They cut the pointy part of Byron ears off.

A soldier clicked his tongue

*click*

"Why aren't we allowed to use narcotics for the disownment...?" A soldier quietly says.

"Disownment? Hmm, I think I know what's going on." Byron thinks.

Even though it really hurt. It's not that bad, Byron can still concentrate.

Suddenly he gets an injection with a syringe.

"It will let you rest a little bit" a soldier said.

black

3