Chapter 2-A Normal Day
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I immediately fall onto my knees, thanking god several times in my head. After a few minutes I stand up and sit against the wall. "Hehe, I really lucked out huh?" Out of all the people in the universe I was l chosen.

I don't care that there's likely other gods. All I care about is my bright future. So while imagining ruling some planet as a god I receive a call, pulling me out of my daydream.

"Hello. Is this Bai Gou?" A small hologram of a short young man wearing a formal suit appears above my wrist watch.

"Ah, yes."

"Hello sir I'm the representative of Rembrandt Shipping And Production. I'm calling to inform you that you will be receiving 12.38 Zol per hour. Also because of your experience as a lead mechanic we are giving you the position of team leader. Essentially you will be in charge of training and running a small team of mechanics while also working on some of the more complex machinary. If possible please show up by tomorrow afternoon. Your uniform will be provided upon arrival."

"Thanks."

"Do you have any questions?"

"None."

"Alright. Rest well tonight."

He gives me a slight bow then hangs up. Since it's already pretty late into the night I go ahead and head to sleep. First setting an alarm to go off every 5 minutes for the first 3 hours of the morning.

My consciousness slowly fades as I enjoy the warm embrace of my memory foam bed. Slowly my mind goes numb. Suddenly after what feels like only a few seconds I hear the most annoying noise ever.

"God damm, I fell asleep quick." Yup the suns out and the alarm's blaring. I spend the next 10 minutes turning off every alarm then head to the shower

I never really dream so most of the time I just feel like maybe 15 seconds or so have passed. In reality I slept for about 8 hours. While showering I continue to grumble to myself.

"Casual wear please."

Without even bothering to dry myself I step out and move to the closet. I put on a blue shirt and some gym pants I bought from some humans, with a pair of redwood sandals completing the outfit.

After staring at the mirror for a few minutes I also put on some sun glasses. Once I'm sure I look good I go outside and call for a ride. It doesn't take long to arrive. Just a little over seven minutes.

I put in the address and sit still once again since the drivers an AI again. After thirty minutes of pure silence I make it to my destination.

"Em, it should be on the ground right?" Making sure the map is right I begin to look around for a building marked Rembrant's. It takes a bit since my culture doesn't place much importance of looks, making the only indicator a small sight.

After making sure that it really is on the ground floor I stomp on the crystal walk way twice with my right foot. The square I'm standing on begins to move down, safety rails growing on all sides. Of course another square takes the place of the one I'm on while heading down.

Once I'm on the ground I move to the largest building and go in. The receptionist gives me a slight smile then send a message to my phone showing me where I'm supposed to go. After exploring the hallways for a bit I find myself in a large work shop.

Suddenly the sound of machinery whirring and metal clanking fills my ears. For some reason it sounds especially pleasant. Nobody seems to notice me, instead choosing to focus on their work.

On the ground there are people tinkering with several small weapons meant for waiter person on person combat or space ships. Next to every personal is a small stand with various tools from a welding rod to a simple wrench.

And on the roof are several transport ships likely meant for commercial use being held up large claws. Several people on crystal walkways are under the machine working on the floatation devices as well as making sure that the fuel transport is fully functional.

Finally after a few minutes one of the older men notices me.

"Ah, sorry about that. You must be Bai Gou right?"

"Yup. So who am I training?"

"Straight to the point huh? Alright give me a moment I'll bring them here."

He turns away and moves towards a pair of kids. Slowly he moves, his leg limping and his back arched. Thankfully the kids notice him.

I have to say that this man is clearly to old for this job. His skin is dull and wrinkly and his horns are a light gray. Plus he clearly has back issues. Thankfully it seems he's really cared for here since those pair of kids keep helping him move. Though he does keep pushing them away.

"Alright the girl Is Ling Yu and the boy is Dai Chou."

"Hello leader!"

"Hello leader!"

Suddenly the both give me a bow. I have to say these kids look a little too young to be working here. They're both pretty short and they're horns are rather small. Dai Chou is rather skinny and the girl hasn't developed her claws yet. They're both rather cute with their figure and shiny black hair.

"Alright alright. Well talk after I'm told what I'll be doing today."

"You will be spending today training those two as well doing some standard maintenance on a few vehicles and weapons. Follow me I'll get you to your station. You can find your uniform there.

He turns around and begins to walk. Dai and Ling help him move of course. We soon arrive at the center of the building, in front of a mid size standard model mounted electromagnetic rifle. It's about 12 feet tall so there are plenty of crystal tiles floating around the barrel.

While examining the weapon the old man hands me a grey jumpsuit with a small mana core in its center. I put it on real quickly then begin talking with the trainees.

"Alright, go ahead and introduce yourselves."

Both of them begin to speak at the same time. I quite them down then signal Dai to go first.

"Um, you already know my name. I specialize in mounted weapon creation and maintenance I'm currently 21. There's really nothing interesting about me other than the fact that I really like human culture. Thank you for listening!"

Kids a little awkward but he's got the spirit. I don't think we'll get along to well but as long as he works hard things should work fine. I go ahead and signal Ling to start

"You already know my name. I specialize in interstellar vehicle maintenance and creation. My hobby's include reading, walking, and tinkering with machines. I am currently 22."

While listing to them I grab the small clipboard on one of the tool benches and see what we need to do. So the magnets need to be changed out, the barrel needs to be changed out, the wiring also needs to be updated, and the attachment latches need to be oiled.

That reminds me since I'm supposed to be a mechanic god should I be doing most of the work? Real quickly I check the mission list and find only two.

-Repair 10 Machines[Can Work With A Group]-

-Reward[Blue Print For Synthetic Arm Guard/Cover{Branch Of Choice}.] 25% Exp-

-Create 10 Machines[Must Be Done Alone And Parts Must Be Bought]-

-Reward[Skill{Extremely Dexterous Hands}.] 25% Exp.-

The gun is currently being held up 6 feet into the air, exposing the bottom of its circular base. I go ahead and have Dai and Ling move to the barrel. It's a little over 6 feet long and 1.6 feet wide. The barrel is essentially 4 metal rods held together by stabilizing rings meant to isolate and maintain the energy flow upon firing.

While they begin to diss-assemble the gun barrel I move under it and begin checking the base. I try to call for the tool set I was rewarded. Once again a small screen floats in front of. It says to name a tool and it well provide.

I gently call for some lubricating gel. Suddenly, a small bottle floats out of the screen. Nobody notices. I grab it and immediately start applying it.

This model latches on via twist. There are two holes on opposite sides where the matching connectors will be attached to. Just twist the base by 60 degrees and it locks.

The holes seem to be in proper order and there doesn't appear to be any rust, though that's probably because it's made of a copper steel alloy. I move to the center and pull a large screwdriver out of the system.

"The hell?" The screw driver is clearly solid but its a hologram. It's a light blue see through hologram. I gently smack it against the base and hear loud clanks.

Suddenly a warm feeling fills my body. My hands and arms begin to move on their own. I pull several small steel plates from the system window as well as a welding tool and a head sized ball that turns into whatever I want. It's used to mold metal.

I gently lubricate the holes and begin to knock around the hollow areas. After finding what feels like five suitable spots I begin working. In the five corners of the base I crest small indents about 4 inches deep.

I then begin to cut the metal plates into thin lines to place around the indents. After placing the metal strips around the indents in the form of a ring I then begin to connect them with golden strips of metal.

I then pull out five mana gathering stones from the window and place one in each indent, welding some metal strips onto each one. After then molding everything with the transforming hologram I then pull some golden silk from the window and begins forming a small nexus around each indent.

Finally I then proceed to layer the bottom with a centimeter thick sheet of pure steel. After several seconds my mind returns to me. "The hell happened?"

It looks like I placed several mid-level mana collecting formation in the base that play the role of strengthening the durability of the metal over time as well getting rid of all rust on the gun. This will increase the overall stability and lifespan of the product.

"I didn't know you knew how to use formations leader?"

"Can you teach me leader."

Suddenly Ling and Dai appear in front of me. Dai looking at me with a fawning look and Ling looking rather serious as she asks me to teach her. Problem is I can't teach her.

For who knows how long I wasn't in control. Or I was? I don't know. It was like I was present yet not present at the same time. Yes what I did was well within my knowledge but actually making a success formation, let alone, five is something I could never do.

I should feel scared but honestly I feel happy and exited. I feel the urge to tear the gun apart and thoroughly inspect it. Maybe even modify it a small bit.

"Alright kids let's get back to work."

2