Chapter 2, Part 1
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ballroom?" Lye muttered. 

He had practically nothing to do, so he came to the ballroom a little earlier. Seemed like other first years had the same idea, since it was already decently full. Sleeping bags were spread out unevenly, a few of them even clumped together. There were going to be a lot of people sleeping in here. Without a thought or care, he picked a spot and took off his shirt and jacket. They were both unbuttoned, so it didn't make a difference if he had them on or not.

Anyway, he was rather bored. Harial had abandoned him to talk to Solem and Arneis wanted to meet other people. He had nothing to do, so he pulled out his scroll and fiddled with it for a while.

In entered Harial, Arneis and Solem.

Solem Sawyer was just an inch shorter than Harial, though she looked much more mature than him. Her ginger hair was tied up in a messy bun. Arneis brought her to Haven. 

Arneis Crowley was the epitome of elegance. He wore a suit, with tailcoats and his emblem on his left sleeve. Whenever he walked, his tailcoat swished, making him look very dramatic. Lye admired how he always looked sophisticated, even in his pajamas.

The three walked over to Lye. 

"Sorry we didn't come with you earlier," Harial apologized. "We were busy." 

"Busy doing what?" Lye responded immediately, looking over at Solem. In turn, Harial blushed and bit his lip. Arneis chuckled. 

"Socialising. There was this very pleasant girl who introduced me to a few of her favourite books. Her friend was more of a sports person like you, although she dresses better." He responded playfully. Arneis always loved teasing Lye. 

"Hey, I think you out of all people should appreciate my abs since you stare at them so often." The three sat down and Arneis sat next to Lye. He blushed as he heard Lye's comment and punched him. 

"He has a point, you know. I mean, I've actually caught you staring at them, like, three times today," said Solem. Now it was Lye's time to blush. 

The air was a little awkward and the group fell silent. That was until another group of four walked over. 

"Room for more? I'm Cherry Rhosyn. We're a little lonely, and so I thought we could ask you," a certain redhead called Cherry said. She was accompanied by an odd-looking man with green hair, Daisy Hart, and a scruffy... Faunus? Harial could sense she was a Faunus, but had difficulty identifying her trait. 

"Sure. Just make sure you put down your sleeping bag first or else you'll never find a space here. Apparently, this year we have 120 first years? It's mad," Both Lye and Cherry laughed at Harial's statement.

After the newcomers set down their sleeping bags, they introduced themselves. 

"I'm Cherry. I write music and I play the flute and the guitar. Electric and acoustic." Cherry started. She gestured to the green-haired man. 

"Viridian Petasum. I'm the best person here. Toast and jam are my favourite thing to eat," Viridian said, standing up to bow and sitting back down after. 

Solem giggled.

"You have a nice hat," she said. 

Cherry nodded.

"He made it himself. It's very cute and it fits him and his personality!" Cherry said. Daisy glared at her and murmured, "You think his hat's cute?" 

"Of course my hat's cute," Viridian boasted proudly. Lye coughed and the other two introduced themselves. 

"I'm Daisy Hart. I like reading, I guess," Daisy shrugged. She resumed to lie in Cherry's lap. Although she wasn't a cat Faunus or anything, she did act a lot like one. 

"... Ebony. Follent. I like fish." Ebony said, before falling silent again. Harial bit his lip as he realised that Ebony was a cat Faunus, and that her trait were her teeth. 

Gross. He thought. That's scary. Lye noticed Harial acting a little iffy around Ebony, so he spoke up. "How are you Ebony?" He said before smiling generously.  She shrugged.

 

Ebony was actually decently attractive behind everything. Long, dark hair and pale blue eyes. Cherry couldn't help but to stare at Viridian. Much like his name, he had viridian hair and viridian eyes. They were stunning to her. 

Silence passed through the ballroom, up until Lye broke it. "Truth or dare, Ebony?" 

Ebony thought. "... Truth." 

"If you could eat anyone in this room, who would it be?" 

"... ... ... You." Ebony shrugged. What kind of weirdo asks these lame-ass questions?  "Sol. Truth or dare?" 

"Mmmh... Truth?" Sol sighed. "I don't really mind." 

"Let me make this the worst truth then. If you could date one person that isn't yourself in this room, who would it be?" 

This caused Sol to blush. "Uh... ... Pass." 

"No passes." 

"!... I, uh, you? I mean I don't really know anyone properly so..." Sol paused. "Uh, Arnie? Truth or dare?" 

"Dare," Arneis sighed deeply. 

This caused Lye to smirk.

"Never backed down from your promise then? It's been like 10 years." He looked at Arneis. "Never one to break a promise." 

Sol looked around, before smiling mischievously. "I dare you to—" 

"Shut up." Daisy rolled her eyes. "What are you, five? We're meant to be huntsmen in four years and you guys are out playing Truth or Dare? Grow up." 

Lye looked at Daisy before chuckling. "Look at Miss 'I'm Pretty and I Read Books' over here, trying to act like an adult. Relaaaax... I mean, we're all still seventeen. Might as well live while we're young." 

"Shut up. If Mr 'I'm Too Hot To Wear A Shirt' thinks reading is lame, no-one's surprised because you've never picked even picked up a book." 

"I have picked up a book! I read a comic, like... Two years ago." 

 Daisy and Lye continued to bicker before Cherry resolved the situation. 

"Go to sleep you two," She sighed before ushering them over to their sleeping bags. She returned to her's. She reflected on the day before falling asleep. 

Today's been wild. I came to Haven Academy with Daisy and I immediately have what, 7 friends? I'm excited for tommorow.


5810 characters, 1023 words.

0