CHAPTER-14
153 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As slowly as he could Kratos climbed up the tree near the herd of the deers. The tree would help him with a vantage point to monitor the situation of the deer. When Kratos climbed up the tree he could see that the stronger deers were protecting the smaller deers or infants in the inner circle of the herd.

The rest of the deer were scrambled here and there but the stronger deer were sort of formation. This could be a coincidence that the deers are in the formation but Kratos thought back that he had read some of the novels which portray the animals as intelligent as humans when they starts their cultivation journey.

So, taking into account that the stronger deer must have some intelligence, Kratos figured that it would be very difficult to hunt them. As they are stronger them him at the moment and they are not stupid as all the other deers of the herd.

Kratos though that he will not go for the stronger deer right now. He would first gather some information about their strengths and then attack them. Even if he attacks them, he would have a 20% chance that he would be able to subdue them. But on the other hand, normal deer are more venerable one and he will have more chance of subduing them.

Also, he came to the forest to check the effect of the eXp had on his cultivation. So he decided that he would hunt the weak deer. From the vantage point, Kratos then scout out the deer which was more vulnerable or easier to hunt. He saw that one of the weaker deer had just walked below his tree. Kratos summoned a saber from the inventory.

Because of his skill <God of War>, he was able to instantly learn a weapon of his choice. Keeping that in his mind Kratos had stolen every kind of weapon he could find. So Kratos had every type of sword, knife, spears, and bows that could be found in the Cang Clan. But he was not able to get his hands on the more powerful weapon used by the cultivators. They were kept in the secure vault where he was not allowed to enter.

So Kratos took out the saber and silently waited for the opportunity to jump on the deer just below him. Kratos waited for a minute or two then the deer came just below the branch below Kratos, then Kratos having the appropriate opportunity jumped on the deer, shoving the sharp iron saber in the stomach area of the deer.

The herd when saw a man jumping down from the tree and shoving the saber at the stomach of one of their own, made a formation around the infants of the herd. The deer on which Kratos had jumped had suffered as the saber was still in its stomach. It then lied on the ground not moving again.

[Host had killed a normal deer. The host had been awarded 0.5 eXp.]

Seeing the message that he had received, a smile bloomed on the face of Kratos. But soon that smile changed into a frown. The herd of the deer didn't run away. Normally back on the earth, if this kind of thing would have happened the deer would just run away scared shitless. But this herd didn't run away. Soon one of the stronger deer started walking towards Kratos.

The deer didn't have any antlers on his head but Kratos senses were telling him that this deer was dangerous…

Soon when the deer was about to charge at Kratos it suddenly looked towards his right side. Then the herd and he ran away. After seeing this scene Kratos was confused that 'what happened?'. But as soon he opened his map, he saw some humans were just 100 meters away from his position.

'So the deers sensed the humans and ran away.' Kratos thought. Kratos then took the carcass of the hunted deer and put it in his inventory and ran away from there. He ran away as there could be many complications if they found out that Kratos as a mortal was in the forest…

Kratos then decided that it was time to make some hard decisions….

'Should I stay in the forest and not go back to the Cang Clan? If I go back to the clan, it will not give me more benefits. As a slave, there was no way in hell that they would allow me to get resources for my cultivation. As far as Cang Lee is concerned, she could help me to get some resources but that was it. I will forever be the slave in that clan.'….Kratos thought.

Thinking about the pros and cons of going back, Kratos came to the conclusion that it would not have many benefits if he goes back. But here in the jungle with the help of his system he could hunt and become stronger. He already had all the things that he would need during his ventures so he decided that he would hunt the beings in the forest until he could stand at the top of the food chain of the forest…..

.........…

2 weeks later...

All the things in the Cang Clan worked without any hitches in the absence of Kratos. The elder in charge of the servants was furious at Kratos as he did not return to his post after his 1 day off. But when some pass and still Kratos didn't return he decided that whenever he would find him he will beat him to death.

On the other Cang Feng, the husband of Cang Lee had some good news. His majesty had announced that Cang Feng would be made City lord of one of the major cities in the Dong Feng country. Therefore he would be leaving Cang Clan, taking Cang Lee with him….

3