Prologue: End of The Ordinary Days
24 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting on the park bench, I stared blankly into empty space.

It has been a year since I entered society. Somehow I was able to continue living on thanks to a new factory being coincidentally being build in the city and getting a job there. It was pure luck I managed to get this job, I barely met the qualification and they were in a rush to get workers. Thinking again, that might be the reason why the factory suddenly close down.

It was just this morning that a bunch of official looking people suddenly rushed in and had us leave the place, shouting that they were looking for the owner, but by what I overheard, the guy was long gone. We were asked a bunch of stuff, but none of the workers actually knew anything, we just did as we were told, which are obviously not illegal. Next thing I knew, we were all let go. I overheard something about how this place was some sort of cover up, so we were off the hook, lucky me.

And now here I am, a jobless man without anything to do for the rest of the day. Most people in my situation would probably rush around looking for a new job, but for me, my job was the only thing that kept me going. It was not as if I liked the job, but with no hobbies or anything, that job was the only thing in my life.

With me spending my whole life going with the flow, I really have no idea what to do. I probably could just find a new job and continue on, but with the flow being interrupted, I could not find it in myself to continue these sort of days. With that sort of thoughts, I dragged my feet back home.

The house is dark, with me being the only one staying here. I suddenly thought of my parents that were gone a few years back, this house is one of the few things they left behind. I thought of that day, I sat there with my tears falling during their funeral. Yet at the same time, I could not say that I was truly sad. It was not as if I hated them, they were also good parents in my opinion, I simply failed to feel kind. That day, I ignored that feeling because of the situation, but thinking back now, I guess I my mind was messed up since that long ago, maybe even before that, or maybe even from the start.

I laughed in spite of myself at that thought and dragged my body to bed. With nothing else to do, I decided to just sleep, as for future problems, I will leave it to the future me.

Soon enough, my consciousness drifted off, and I fell asleep.

2