Chapter 2
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The toddler came eye to eye with the grim Ogre. He weighed his limited options, trying to ponder up an audacious plan that will provide him with a swift escape. However, the Ogre did not make fleeing a walk in the park for the youngster as he outspread his sturdy arms. By doing this, he had virtually blocked off all the getaway routes from him.

The sight of Theo, or should one say his fictional character, Sir Theodore being impotent, made him became quite cocky as a gigantic smirk filled his face. To imply his victory was a given, more or less.

The Ogre claimed Sir Theodore has nowhere to run because he won’t allow him to slip away from his massive barbaric hands rendering his escape impossible. He attempted to leisurely approach, Sir Theodore. Every step he took hinted that this was the end of the line for the luckless youngster.

But in this dire moment, Sir Theodore was not yielded by the beast as he availed himself to the most useful power in this circumstance, the power of his imagination. Since he spent most of his free time consuming magical and whimsical shows, the youngster was well versed in this domain. One may even say it is his province.

The real duel of make-believe was about the commence. Sir Theodore was the first creative thinker to ignite some heat to the fight. He firmly blurted out, “Magic Zone Protection!”

His little arms were risen in the air to conjure up the mighty force field. This spell prevented the fearsome Ogre from advancing closer to the brave youngster. But the beast was also committed to the fictional duel.

Robert played along with his Grim Ogre character as he gave young Theo a sarcastic clap and voiced, “Very well then, it seems as though I have to respond.”

The Ogre had taken a deep-long breath. His savage arms were outstretched wide, away from his beastly body. Afterward, putting his figure in a sword stance type of form. He then let out the deep breath he kept in and chanted in the process, “Anti-magic sword of the Dark Rem, I call upon thee for the… uh… Magic Breaking Slice to cut through any weapon formed against me!”

A swing of his arm with the Anti-magic sword was all it would take for the duel to turn on its head. The Ogre once again had the upper hand.

Sir Theodore stood speechless on the spot with the new developments which were unfolding before him. And the fact that his force field was in jeopardy did not help either. He had no other choice but to seek another strategy to ensure he came out of the duel victorious.

“Thou believe such a trivial force field can stop me!?” The grim Ogre overweeningly exclaimed when he did a clean slice through the force field, like a knife through warm butter.

With the thrilling duel of make-believe on the line, Sir Theodore acknowledged the reality of creating distance from the looming Ogre would be the ideal thing to do. So, the young conjurer used another spell. Albeit, this time it was to back the enemy up a bit.

He took a deep calm breath into his opened mouth, inhaling the air around him. Paused in anticipation as he prepared his powerful attack. Subsequently, Sir Theodore uses his magical spell, “Phoenix Inferno Blaze Breathe.” Furiously blowing it at the Ogre. However, to his dismay, the Ogre was equal to his flames. He countered the blaze by using his Anti-Magic sword to deflect the all-mighty fire away from his large body.

The imaginary inferno created by Sir Theodore got blocked from hitting the Ogre as it passed alongside him. Though, the beast was moderately surprised by the spell.

“Ouch!” were the groans heard when he divided the flames from coming in contact with his body. When Sir Theodore ran out of breath, the Ogre expressed,

“Phew… that was clos...I mean, do you think those debilitated flames can harm the most powerful Ogre of the five gruesome towers of um……”

It seemed as though the over-confident Ogre had experienced somewhat of a brain fart. He followed his stutters up with making an effort to come up by the name of his other-worldly land. The Ogre briefly glanced around the room in search of something useful.

Until, his eyes eventually met the kitchen, and he unwittingly came up with, “Teaspoo…nia!”

“Eh?” voiced Sir Theodore in confusion. But the Ogre stuck to his guns and went along with the peculiar name for his land,

“Ah yes, the five gruesome towers of Teaspoonia shall rise triumphant in this duel.”

Soon after his stated, the grim Ogre noticed Sir Theodore murmuring something under his breath. Not being sure of what would have been the whispers, the cheeky beast was ludicrous enough to think that Sir Theodore was considering a plead for his capitulation. The Ogre was as bold as brass could be when he smugly said,

“What’s this? Are thou throwing in the towel already? Ahahaha, if one so wishes to be let off the hook, I may be generous enough to oblige. But an apology for utterly disrespecting my mouth-watering pancakes will be needed, of course.”

Robert came out of character for a sec and childishly thought to himself, “Yippee! Victory is as good as mines. Sorry, Theo, but if you can’t learn to overcome everything thrown at you, then life would be a deviating voyage; rather than a smooth sailing one.”

Despite his premature cheers, an unexpected turn of events came out of the blue for the grim Ogre. When Sir Theodore finally revealed what had been mutter, this was his moment to retaliate with a foolproof attack, but a little help from his buddy, of course.

“TAKE THE SWORD FROM BEHIND, LINOS!!” roared the gutsy youngster as he commanded his imaginary friend to grab the problematic weapon from the foe. Sir Theodore knew if he could get a hold of the Anti-Magic, then the Ogre defenses would be depleted significantly. Furthermore, his spells would also be more effective simultaneously.

With the win at his grasp, Sir Theodore had taken the sword from his companion, Linos. He turned the tip of the sword’s attention to the complacent Ogre.

At last, the ball was rolling where Sir Theodore wanted it to when he got in the driver’s seat of this ever-swaying duel. The confidence from the Ogre was leaking out. It seemed to be entering Sir Theodore as he outburst in chortles with the victory torch being in his grasp.

The duel of creative thinking had taken a complete one-eighty in the youngster’s direction. And to relish the circumstance, even more, Sir Theodore mimicked the Ogre with a large grin on his face and voiced, “Well…well… well, look how the chairs have turned. Just being in your presence makes me feel weak. I sentence you and the filthy pancakes to the dungeon.”

Although Robert or presently known as the Ogre, was being disrespected, he could not help but show his dimples by the outcome. He once again had a moment with his inner-thoughts; however, this second time around was not him cheering his victory, “Excellently done, Theo. It would have been injudicious if you had continued using magic against an Anti-Magic sword. Nevertheless, don’t think you can get the better of your old man.”

The competitive Ogre was very invested in the head-to-head, or should one say mind-to-mind. He really could not bring himself to give the youngster the win, not this time. Then there it was,

“Ahahaha… Thou appear to be neglecting a predominant feature of the Anti-Magic sword from the Dark Rem.”

“Huh?”

The Ogre displayed a massive grin on his face like that of a Cheshire cat. He disclosed the intriguing quirk of the sword. The Ogre claimed, “Ya see, the blade created from Stygian ore, fell from the caliginous sky in Teaspoonia. An ore that not only deflects makutu but can also absorb the magic of those who dare to clutch its handle. So, all of Sir Theodore’s magic is getting consumed by the sword at a great pace.”

He followed up his statement by strolling up to Sir Theodore and receiving back his sword. Not sure if he’s hurt from his buttered cardboa- pancakes getting insulted or if he’s just super petty. Though, this made the duel twice as captivating.

His gaze was set on Sir Theodore, beaming in joy as he chillingly said, “Checkmate.” A swung of his arm was met with no applause.

The ruthless beast claimed to do a heartless act. Linos, Sir Theodore’s little buddy, got sliced in half with the anti-magic sword. It was possible since magic was what created Linos.

How the duel was progressing, a new loophole developed for all of the spells or tricks Sir Theodore used. The Ogre was like a dog with two tails as he expressed,

“Ahahaha, thou see now that everything he attempts is futile. Surrender now, or I will eat you up for dinner, little one.”

“Li…nos?” Sir Theodore called in despair.

The sight of sorrowful Theo made the Ogre felt remorseful. The grief was most likely the result of his hard-hearted actions. Maybe Robert was caught up in his menacing persona a little too much, as he began to think,

“Oh boy, I took it too seriously, didn’t I?”

 

0