Three: The Founding Shop
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father,you can't do that!" Almira protested vehemently, her protests met with the support of her siblings.Sacha felt surprised as the normally kind and lovable siblings in front of her turned to ferocious dragons and tigers as they questioned their Father's decision.

"Stop!"the Duke raised his scepter and tapped the ground. A small wave of mana passed by his children's before the protests quickly died down."I will answer your question but hear what I have to say." without waiting for agreement he started.

"The Founding shop was the beginning of our family.Your great Ancestor put it up to support the first generation and also the incoming ones.His leadership allowed our family to prosper as he lived and even after he died. But when he died,the shop disappeared along with him,and only this orb and key was left. At first,his children thought that he sealed the shop within the orb but try as they might,they cannot open it or find the shop." the Duke paused and his second child stepped up and asked.

"If the shop is gone or missing,why give it to our youngest. She doesn't need it. We can support her all her life.No need for her to take on the task of finding the Founding Shop." He protested and everyone agreed with him. The Duke nodded and before someone else could speak,gestured for them to stop.

"I know.But have you ever asked your sister for her decision?" the Duke asked as he looked at his children eye to eye. Silence met his inquiring gaze as Rustom failed to answer his question.

"But Father,---"Romani was about to protest some more but the Duke glowered at her. After seeing the silence the Duke continued to speak.

"Your sister might have encountered a mishap when she was young but she is after all a Gordeus. An illustrious merchant family and you know what runs in our blood."

"Wanderlust"Ameira said in her usual flat tone of voice.

"Right! All of you can't wait to run away from our territory since the time you turned 15,don't you think your sister should see the world too?"

Sacha's eyes glistened as she looked at her Father.She thought he would just give this to her to hold and keep,she never thought that he would actually consider letting her go on a journey.

One of the Gordeus' family tradition,like some other noble families,is to let their 15-18 years of age children explore the world alone and find their fated career or passion. They must go without their identities as children of a dukedom and must live as commoners. One reason is to be able to experience the commoner life and two,to find their own retinues or aides to accompany them.

She was not looking forward to it because with the stance of her siblings,they will not let her out of their sight or hearing,but their Father's will cannot be disobeyed.

"It would be better to see your sister off rather than her running away because of your strictness,"the duke also added and specifically gave his firstborn the side eye. Almira just shrugged and suddenly became interested in her nails.

Truth be told,Sacha never considered running away and was actually prepared to spend her time in more solitude. She doesn't know but her want of wandering the world is overpowered with the want of just sleeping or staring at the air or reading books. But her routine of staying long hours in the library and reading and reading different kinds of books made her siblings misinterpret it as her longing to see the world.

Ameira sighed and backed off before someone else stepped up,her seventh brother Chase gave her a smile before speaking.

"But Father,not to offend our youngest but her circumstances are different than ours,maybe she should travel a bit more comfortably?"he proposed. His suggestion immediately got approved by everyone and Sacha was led to her room in a daze after the family meeting.

Her family finally came to consensus and agreed amicably in letting her go on a journey with more money and artifacts that can protect her. And she thinks her siblings might just send some secret guards to look after her,

Her memories of her past life allowed her to be mature for her age and ever since she regained her memories,she never shed a tear or fuss. This made her family to be greatly concerned about her and feel endlessly guilty to which she always placates them but this made them more guilty so she just stopped and stayed silent. Her line of thoughts was interrupted when her personal maid tapped her in the shoulders. She nodded and obediently laid on her bed as she assisted her.

.....................................

"The lady is now resting,your Lordship." Sacha's aide quietly advised as the Duke approached her room. The Duke nodded and took a quick glance at the closed door. He gestured for the aide to follow him and both of them disappeared into the darkness.

2