Chapter 3
6.8k 9 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Throughout his life, Qian Yu had heard many stories about cultivation and fighting from the patients that visited his grandpa’s clinic. Many of them were local hunters and fighters that roamed throughout the forests in search of animals and magical beasts to kill. 

As such, there were times that they encountered disciples of the various sects in the northern half of the Xia Empire such as the Ice Arts Sect and the Mountain Fist Sect. During the years, he had heard about many stories of the strong and young cultivators which made him extremely jealous. 

Currently, Qian Yu was walking towards the center of the village as he began to see more and more people lining up in a queue.

One year ago, a messenger was sent to the village to inform them that one of the strongest noble families in the Xia Empire, the Zhao family, would be accepting young and “talented” individuals from the village to become part of their entourage. A privilege given to them due to their statuses as nobles and their talent, they were allowed to bring in 20 new disciples into the Ice Arts Sect. 

In a way, it was a freebie pass in the eyes of Qian Yu. As for why they didn't choose people from the city, he could only guess that the talented individuals would probably enter other sects as inner disciples. Additionally, it was probably easier to control a group of disciples from villages rather than the city. 

The queue was long with almost all the children in the queue. An hour passed and it was finally his turn. 

“Name, age, cultivation rank, any special skill,” man took a look at Qian Yu’s small frame and lazily said.

“Qian Yu, 14, body refinement rank 4, I have medical experience,” Qian Yu voice was calm but deep inside, he was extremely nervous. 

“Get outta he-... Medical experience you say,” the man pulled back his words. He didn’t expect to find some weird youngster out here but he knew that he couldn’t take any risks. Although he looked a bit lazy, he was very loyal to the Zhao family and would do everything for their best interest. Someone with medical knowledge and experience was very valuable. You couldn’t always rely on the sect elders for help, especially so when they were outside the sect.

He motioned to one of the guards saying, “You come here, get Miss Zhao to come test this guy regarding medical knowledge.” 

“Yes!” The guard immediately nodded and started leading Qian Yu into one of the tents where there was a woman in her 40s. She was currently looking through her belongings when she noticed the guard and Qian Yu had come in. 

“What’s up? Who’s this little kid,” she asked as she looked at the two confused. They looked perfectly fine and weren’t injured, she thought. 

“Reporting to Miss Zhao, this one here claims to know medical knowledge and we would like to check the trustworthiness of his claim,” the guard respectfully bowed. 

“Hmm very well, you may leave,” she waved her hand at the guard. Afterwards, she pointed at Qian Yu, “You, come follow me.”

Qian Yu nodded and followed her. Leaving the tent, they entered a nearby tent. 

Entering it, Qian Yu saw a guard lying on a small bed. On his thigh, there was a small wound. 

Miss Zhao dropped the bag she was carrying saying, “I want you to treat it.” 

“Yes Miss Zhao,” Qian Yu was little nervous but he knew this was an important moment. Walking closer, he inspected the wound, realizing it was something he was very familiar with. It looked like a rather simple wound but there was a purple colored substance near the wound. In this area, there were few poisonous beasts and one of them was a common ranked spiritual beast called the ice scorpion which was the culprit of the injury. 

Looking around, he found the herbs needed to neutralize the poison and proceeded to grind and mix them together. Then, he started to clean the wound with some warm water before applying the ointment.

By the side, the woman continued watching his actions. However, the woman no longer stood at the side of the tent and approached Qian Yu in order to intervene in case something went wrong. At the same time however, a fragrant smell entered Qian Yu’s nose. 

‘Oh my god, she smells nice,’ he thought as he glanced to the side and saw that Miss Zhao was just behind him. ‘This is bad, I need to concentrate,’ he continued thinking as he gulped his saliva and returned to focus on the treatment. A few minutes passed and fortunately, he was still able to properly stitch the wound together and wrap it. 

The woman nodded and smiled before saying, “Alright, good job, follow me. Oh right, what is your name?”

“M-m-my name is Qian Yu,” he stuttered as he followed her from behind.

As he was still growing, he was around a head shorter than Miss Zhao and his vision immediately fell on her upper back and waistline. Instinctually, he started glancing downwards downwards appreciating her beauty. 

‘Is this why all those injured men talk about women so much?’ Qian Yu never really had close contact with other women, much less a mature and beautiful lady such as Miss Zhao. Most of the patients were men and the beauty of the girls in the village had never really captivated his attention. 

After a few minutes, Miss Zhao found the inspector and gave him a nod, “He’s good.”

“Alright Qian Yu, come here,” the inspector smiled seeing Qian Yu as he would get some benefits for finding Qian Yu as well.

110