Chapter 6
5.4k 10 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days passed by quickly and it was time for the opening ceremony. The new entrance exam ended yesterday afternoon and Qian Yu heard that there were about 400 new disciples entering the sect. Qian Yu initially thought that this was a lot but after remembering that there would only be new disciples every 5 to 10 years, it wasn't that much. 

Besides working out and getting to know some other disciples, and occasionally seeing some inner court disciples, nothing eventful happened. Perhaps, the most exciting thing everyday was breakfast and dinner. The sect had way higher standards than the low quality village food that Qian Yu had. 

Well, it wasn’t much about the taste as Qian Yu enjoyed his village food, but the quality of the meat. It was spiritual beast meat! Qian Yu never had such a luxury as spiritual beast food was very expensive and hard to get for normal villagers. 

One had to know that talent really didn’t matter in body refinement. It just came down to a matter of what you ate and the amount of training you had. If you were rich and could afford high quality meat, you would naturally grow faster. You could be a complete fatass and do nothing and reach the qi gathering stage if you ate a crap ton of high quality spiritual beast meat every meal. On the other hand, if you worked hard and exercised a lot to push your body and expand your potential, you would also get stronger. Of course, the best method was to combine both these factors. 

As for Qian Yu, he was naturally inclined towards the latter. He always had a healthy lifestyle and woke up early since he started looking for herbs and plants with his grandpa. Ever since he committed to the decision of entering the cultivating world, he started working out more and more. He knew he had a late start and it could only catch up by putting in more effort than his peers. Now, with the spiritual beast meat, it made Qian Yu extremely happy as he would be able to ascend faster.

Qian Yu was currently standing next to Chen Ya and Wu Jing as they waited for the opening ceremony to start. All the new disciples had gathered at one of the entrances to the inner court where it would be held. 

A few minutes passed and two elders appeared. Qian Yu instantly recognized that Elder Wu was one of them. As for the other elder, he had never seen her.

“Quiet disciples!” the unknown elder said loudly. “Hello new disciples, we welcome you to the Ice Arts Sect. I’m Elder Su and many of you have already met me or Elder Wu. We are going to give you a short explanation of what you guys should know for now. We will go over all the details of cultivation and what not in the first lecture next week. Elder Wu, please go ahead,” she finished as she let Elder Wu take over.

“As almost every single one of you guys are still in the body refinement stage, we urge you guys to enter the qi gathering stage as soon as possible. The sect provides two meals every day for you guys and even though it comes from only common ranked spiritual beasts, it is still extremely helpful. For now, get used to the sect and learn the locations of some important places. For example, there are three medical halls in the outer court area and you should familiarize yourself with where the one closest to you is. Now for the rules…” Elder Wu continued on about the rules such as prohibiting murder, curfews, etc. and the history of the Ice Arts Sect for another 20 minutes before finishing. 

With nothing to do, Qian Yu heeded Elder Wu’s words. It was pretty important to learn the layout of the area as soon as possible since he’ll be living here for a long time. Furthermore, there was another reason and he wanted to find the medical hall and see if he could find any opportunities for himself. 

Qian Yu was astonished as he roamed through the sect and learned of the important locations. When he had found the mission center he asked them for a piece of parchment and an ink pen so he could mark down some locations and sketch a map. The elder in charge was surprisingly Elder Li who had brought them into the sect and he nodded at Qian Yu’s decision. He knew that most disciples would be too lazy to do such a thing so he respected Qian Yu’s seriousness. On the other hand, Qian Yu didn’t know that such simple actions could garner respect.

Finally, he eventually ended up at the medical hall which was a two storey building. Entering it, he saw an outer court disciple that was working as a receptionist.

“Hello, do you have any pains or problems,” the guy said monotonously.

“Uhh, I…” Qian Yu had the thought of slowly talking to whoever was in charge and see if he could find any opportunities for himself. However, after realizing that this guy was also a disciple with a job here, he quickly decided to be straightforward, “I want to see if there are any opportunities here.” 

He didn’t mention the word “job” as he wasn’t expecting to easily get a job. Maybe an intern or assistant would be good already as he didn’t know how much his medical skills were compared to normal people who had professional education. 

“Ahh, alright follow me,” the guy raised his brow and said as he got off his chair and walked towards the stairs to the second floor. Noticing it, Qian Yu thought he said something weird but the guy didn’t say anything so he could only hope it wasn’t something weird.

After reaching the second floor, the receptionist pointed to a door and said, “Elder Bai is currently talking with a guest in her office.”

“Just wait here until she is done,” he said as he left and went back down to the first floor. 

“Thanks,” Qian Yu was about to sit down and open the parchment paper to add in the location of the medical hall when the office door opened. 

He looked up and stared in shock as he recognized the person that he had met just over a week ago. Similarly, the other person had recognized him as well.

93