Chapter 9
4.4k 1 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following day, Qian Yu got up early and entered the mission center. Looking around, he saw the mission hall and several shops in the square. 

There weren’t that many stores so Qian Yu just went through all of them including the herb store, general store, pill shop, and weapon and armor store. He didn't learn much as there were a lot of things and goods he didn’t know. In the weapon and armor store, he found that a good usable sword in the weapon and armor store was one sect point or two gold coins. Smiling, it meant that the 2 sect points he made per week were pretty valuable to him currently. 

Other than learning that, Qian Yu also brought an upgraded meal voucher for 6 gold coins from the general store. The school gave each disciple daily meals with low quality spiritual beast meat until they reached the qi gathering where they don’t need to strengthen their bodies anymore. However, Qian Yu was already behind so he didn’t mind wasting 6 gold coins right now to get an extra serving of spiritual beast meat for the next 60 meals. 

Afterwards, Qian Yu started to head to the medical hall to talk with Elder Bai. Entering the building, he saw the same receptionist from last time. 

“Hello, I don’t think we properly introduced ourselves last time, my name is Qian Yu,” Qian Yu introduced himself.

“Ok brother Qian, my name is Gu Zan, since I’m older than you by a year or two, you can call me big bro Gu,” the receptionist laughed. 

Qian Yu smiled meekly, ‘This guy is pretty easygoing, maybe a little abnormal, hopefully not too much...’ The two then chatted for a few minutes before Qian Yu excused himself and headed to the second floor. 

*Knock Knock* Qian Yu tapped on the door. 

“Who is it?” a voice came from the otherside of the door. 

“This is Qian Yu, Elder Bai,” Qian Yu answered.

“Come in, the door is unlocked,” the melodious voice said.

Qian Yu opened the door and entered the room as he saw Elder Bai at her desk with a few books open. She seemed to be focusing on finding something so he didn’t interrupt her and just sat on the couch as he observed his surroundings. Right now, Elder Bai wasn’t outside so she wasn’t in her elder robes, so she wore a simple white short sleeved shirt and beige pants. Qian Yu thought she definitely looked better in this than the white robes that didn’t let her curves show but he tried not to stare at her too long. Obviously, as a young man, he couldn’t help but be more “observative” towards certain things in life, yet he needed to limit himself so didn’t get labeled as a pervert...

Looking around, he saw that there was a small white bed similar to the ones for patients on the first floor. Additionally, there were two other rooms which he guessed were a restroom and something. Besides that, there were a few bookshelves with books and miscellaneous items. This “office” was like his room except it was a lot more spacious and big. It could even be a small house if one of the rooms were a bedroom.

A few minutes passed and Elder Bai finished her reading and closed the book. It was at that point that she realized she had a guest and awkwardly looked at the boy on the couch. 

‘What to do, I’ve never had a guest in here besides Miss Zhao and the higher ups,’ she indistinctly bit her lips. 

‘I’m not even wearing my elder robe right now, this is embarrassing…’ Inside her “office”, she was pretty lax and didn’t act like her outside persona.

As an “elder”, she didn’t really participate in any sect affairs or matters and had been pretty much a hermit outside of treating disciples. Even then, she didn’t really need to talk with her patients and in rare cases where she needed to, she would put up a cold front and aura as it was tiring to be harassed by countless disciples if she was too approachable. 

‘Great, here I am embarrassing myself to someone in the body refining realm. This has never happened in your past 20 years of life little Jia. Well at least he’s a good person, pretty smart and not a useless 2nd generation master.’ She criticized herself.

Calming down, she smiled and asked, “Qian Yu, would you like something to drink?”

On the other hand, Qian Yu was thinking about how long it would take him to reach the qi gathering stage and planning out his short term goals when Elder Bai suddenly interrupted his thoughts.

‘What! Something to drink! What happened to the rumors of her being a cold person?’ Qian Yu was surprised for a few seconds. “Uh, anything is fine Elder Bai,” he replied. 

Noticing Qian Yu was a little slow in responding, she smiled and laughed, “Don’t worry, truth be told, I’m not really suited to be an elder as you can see, haha. Just relax, you don’t need to be nervous.” 

‘Ah, that didn’t help…’ Qian Yu was even more shocked by her actions but he quickly nodded and said, “Ok Elder Bai.” 

Hearing this, Elder Bai thought for a moment before saying, “You can just call me Sister Bai. Of course, not in public though. Elder Bai makes me sound kind of old.” She knew there was a good chance that she would end up teaching Qian Yu a lot about medicine in the future so she decided to make it easier in the future by saying this. Additionally, in her eyes currently, he was just a kid.

“... Ok elder sister Bai,” On the other hand, Qian Yu was speechless. Earlier there was Gu Zan who instantly became his brother and now it was Elder Bai. 

‘This definitely isn’t normal right? Or are we village people too strict and conservative,’ Qian Yu was dumbfounded.

“Alright, so did you decide on what days you want to work?” she asked.

“I want to do Wednesday and Saturday if that works…” Qian Yu answered.

“Sure, no problem,” she nodded.

… 

“Alright, come see me every day you come here and I’ll give you some work to do,” she waved goodbye as Qian Yu left.

The two had chatted for 30 minutes until they both decided to call it a day and retire to their own devices. Their conversation about working was pretty quick so she took the opportunity and asked about his personal life and history. She had already treated Qian Yu as a friend and wanted to know more about how such a young boy managed to have so much medical experience. 

For her, he was an intelligent young boy who was honest and good-natured. Additionally, she didn’t have anyone to talk to in the last couple months and now, she could freely be herself and have some social interaction. As for Qian Yu, he enjoyed talking to the brown-haired beauty and honestly answered her questions with no ill intentions.

91