Chapter 22
3.3k 7 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Qian Yu had already awakened while everybody, except Zhao Xieren who had the last watch shift, was still asleep. Staring at her, she nodded as he went to pack his sleeping bag and belongings together. The next minute, he was already off running into the woods with his spear in his hands.

The previous night, Qian Yu had talked with Zhao Xieren asking if he could leave early in the morning in search of herbs and plants while also acting as a scout. Knowing Qian Yu’s deep experience and nimbleness ability in the woods, she agreed to give him 2 hours in the morning to explore and run around.

She already had previous plans to have a scouting team so it didn’t conflict with her idea. If they didn’t know anything about their surroundings and where they were going, it could easily lead to a waste of time. For example, if they spent 2 hours moving one direction only to find an impassable cliff, they would have to go back and find another way or direction to travel which would mean less points.

As such, Qian Yu was quickly but carefully traversing through the woods looking for more precious herbs. After 10 minutes, a smile blossomed on his face as he found another Snowdrop Flower. ‘This makes it the 9th one hehe!’ he laughed as he finally felt a little better about his financial status.

Half an hour passed and Qian Yu decided to stop. Climbing a tree he took a look around and started thinking on a good path to go. A minute later, he had made up his mind and started climbing down. 

“Kah!” Suddenly, a large bird flew out of the trunk of the tree towards his direction. 

“Ah!” Qian Yu was given a shock as he lost his balance and fell off the tree. 

*Thump* He fell down onto the ground. The weak tree branches had cushioned his fall and slowed his descent a little but nonetheless, he tumbled down the hill for a few seconds as he landed at the edge of the hill.

‘Ow,’ he rubbed his head as he got up from the ground. 

‘What’s that?’ A faint red circle in the snow had caught his attention. It only took him a second to realize it was blood. Following the trail of blood, it had disappeared into a nearby cave. 

‘Maybe, it’s an injured spiritual beast,’ Qian Yu felt curious and greedy as he approached the cave. Yet he was given a shock as he saw the figure of a woman in a black dress on the ground. 

He had been close with Zhao Xieren and Bai Jia and they were two beauties that outshined other women easily. Zhao Xieren had the charm of an innocent and developing girl while Bai Jia embodied a charming woman in her prime.

As for the lady in front of him, he would describe her as a seductress. She had long black hair that hung down to her waist with a normal skin tone unlike the light skin of Zhao Xieren. Currently, she was wearing a long sleeved tight black dress with slits that outlined her curvy body while showing her slender legs.

He could feel his heart beating as a fire grew in his groin region but it was quickly put down as he turned his attention to her wounds. Throughout her body there were cuts and wounds of all sizes. Some of the smaller ones had already started healing but the largest cut of all was on the side of her stomach. It was a large gashing wound that would require a lot more time to heal than normal.  

As such, he hurriedly put down his bag and started getting out some herbs to make a topical treatment. However, as he was doing that, he suddenly felt a cold feeling as he thought of something. Although the woman in front of him was young, she was more near Bai Jia’s age which was 20, probably even older. Additionally, the black dress she was wearing wasn’t even a robe which the disciples in the hunt were supposed to wear.

After a few minutes of deciding what to do he sighed as he continued taking out some herbs and a bowl to grind and mix everything together. As he was thinking of just leaving and pretending that he was never here, he remembered what his grandpa had done over the years. Even though his grandpa had known that some of the people that came for treatment weren’t good people, he still went through with his treatment.

A quick scene played in Qian Yu’s mind as he remembered talking with his grandpa at a young age.

“Grandpa, why do you treat bad people? Didn't he beat his wife last month?” the young Qian Yu asked Qian Zemin.

“Qian Yu, we are doctors whose jobs are meant to save and help people,” he smiled. He continued seriously, “At the end of the day, we are not judges who can easily judge people as good or bad. There are people out there who are fit to do so and even more, the heavens are always watching for they are the true judges of the world. So remember what our duty and role is alright?”

“Mm ok, I see what you mean. Thank you grandpa,” the small Qian Yu nodded understandingly as Qian Zemin patted his small head.

Qian Zemin then laughingly said, "Hahaha, good, good child. Remember, that doesn't mean that we should just do charity work all the time however. While it's good to remember our duty as a doctor, it's more important to remember that we are humans first and foremost and have our own life beliefs and goals".

Tears welded up as he remembered his grandpa before he quickly remembered the last sentence, before smiling and getting back to work. Of course, he also knew that it was his bias towards the beauty. ‘I need to graduate from this virginity status,’ he sighed.

After about 10 minutes, the herbs were mixed and mashed well and he brought the topical treatment over to the woman and proceeded to apply it to the large cut in her stomach and other wounds that hadn’t healed yet.

During this time, in a corner of the cave, unbeknownst to Qian Yu, two eyes were staring at him the moment he entered the cave. The moment it felt any ill threat from Qian Yu, Qian Yu would instantly have been annihilated.

After Qian Yu finished the treatment, it was approaching his time to go back and meet with the rest of the group. As such, he left as soon as possible after moving a few brushes in front of the cave entrance to hide the cave.

66