Chapter 25
2.7k 13 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following two days, Qian Yu and everybody didn’t encounter anything exceptional as they continued to hunt. Qian Yu still had the same schedule as waking up in the morning to scout ahead. 

However, the second night was different. 

Qian Yu was prepared to go to bed early when Zhao Xieren stopped him and said, “Mm, don’t go scouting tomorrow, we are going to head into the deeper area of the forest so it can be dangerous.”

Currently, they were still in 9th place at 100 points. Two days ago, they had extraordinary luck and managed to find another wolf pack. However, yesterday, they had started to notice that it became harder to find spiritual beasts. As such, Zhao Xieren had decided that it was time to start heading deeper into the forest. 

Doing so however, was considerably more dangerous as it meant they would encounter more beasts and stronger beasts as well. Still, over the last few days, everyone could feel that they grew a lot. Along with the tiring exercise, they were able to train their battle techniques and experience while growing stronger as they continuously feasted on spiritual beast meat the last few days.

As their leader, Zhao Xieren had seen their growth and now, she felt confident enough to go deeper into the forest at this moment. 

“Hmm, ok that’s fine, it’s about time,” Qian Yu thought for a bit before saying. While he would like to find more flowers and make more money, he could tell that Zhao Xieren was worried about him and didn’t want to risk it.

“Alright, good night then,” she said.

“Yea, you too,” Qian Yu smiled. 

The following day, Qian Yu immediately joined the others as they started cooking some breakfast from spiritual beast meat they had farmed yesterday. 

“Alright everybody, we’ll start heading deeper into the forest circle today and enter the inner areas!” Zhao Xieren announced while everyone was eating.

A few hours passed as they delved deeper into the forest. On the way, they managed to find many spiritual beasts putting everyone in a good mood. As they continued forward, they stopped seeing Zhao Xieren raise her hand. 

She said silently, “Qian Yu come forward, what do you think?”

As Qian Yu walked up to her, he soon saw what she was referring to. In front of him, he saw broken trees and claw marks everywhere. There were hints of blood as well and by looking at the remnants of the battle it was very chaotic. 

After looking at the claw marks, he soon thought of something and turned to Zhao Xieren saying, “This could be another Ice Mountain Tiger like the one we saw in the previous mission. However, it doesn’t look like it was running but was hunting its prey instead?”

Nodding her head, Zhao Xieren replied, “Mhm, I agree with your first point. For the second one, I’m not completely sure.”

Turning to the rest of the disciples she explained everything before deciding to follow the trails of blood. If it really was an uncommon ranked spiritual beast tiger, it would give them 10 points for killing it. Although it seemed risky, one couldn’t hide in their comfort zone forever and it was good to push your potential which would allow you to grow the fastest. 

*Clang!* After 10 minutes, battles noises could be heard as they reached their destination. In front of them, they saw disciples with swords fighting a gigantic Ice Mountain Tiger the size of the one they saw about two weeks ago. 

Currently, the inner disciple leader of the Fire Sword Sect was looking around at the injured disciples who were fighting the tiger. “God damn it, how does this tiger have so much energy?” he said. 

“It can’t have much energy left, stay strong everyone,” he rallied as the outer disciples continued attacking the tiger raid boss. They had already spent the last hour fighting with this tiger and he refused to believe that it would outlast them with all the injuries they had given it. 

‘If only we weren’t ambushed, I wouldn’t be hurt this badly,’ he continued cursing inwardly. 

He was so focused on the fight that he didn’t notice anything else and as such, the next moment, he felt something cold at his neck before a delicate voice sounded out, “Surrender now.”

His heart suddenly stopped as his brain tried to comprehend what was happening. After a few seconds, he didn’t even turn as he took a talisman out of his robes and activated it. Even though he was focusing mainly on the battle in front of him, a normal person wasn’t able to sneak up on him so easily. 

*Floo!* the flare shot upwards, attracting the attention of the disciples. Immediately, they stopped and ran back to their leader and injured or unconscious disciples. They didn’t know what happened but they knew that they needed to stay together otherwise they would only suffer more injuries from the spiritual beast. They could ask the questions later but they needed to minimize the damage first. 

On the other hand, Zhao Xieren had swiftly come back to the hiding spot safely after she had threatened the leader from the Fire Sword Sect. 

After watching the Fire Sword Sect struggle with the Ice Mountain Tiger for another 10 minutes, a red robed elder finally arrived before leaving with them. 

The tiger was confused, seeing its enemy disappearing. However, it didn’t have long to think as a new group of 9 disciples quickly arrived and surrounded it from nowhere. 

“Attack!” they yelled as they started a barrage of attacks on the tiger. Although it was exceptionally strong, it was already weakened over the last hour with the previous disciples. Now, the advent of 9 new fighters would be extremely extaushing. 

Qian Yu charged up with his spear as he pondered and waited for an opening to attack the tiger. While watching the previous disciples fight the tiger, he saw that most of their attacks didn’t really do much damage. 

After all, they were a bunch of body refinement fighters that were trying to kill a beast that was similar in power to a soul foundation human. While these beasts were still unable to use any martial skills at this level unlike humans, they had strong bodies to compensate for it. 

However, while he noticed that the sword attacks weren’t able to damage the tiger that much, he knew that it was different for him. What a spear excelled at was penetrating and he was fully confident that the spear would easily be more dangerous than the sword. 

Qian Yu waited as the tiger finally left his side exposed to Qian Yu while his teammates were attacking it. With a lunge, Qian Yu jumped forward with the spear in both his hands as he impaled the tiger. 

*Sphhhl!* a sound rang out as the spear penetrated the hide of the tiger. 

“ROARR!!!” the tiger yelled out in agony as blood gushed from its wound. Enraged, it tried to rebel against Qian Yu which was to no avail as the other disciples continued to rain attacks on it. 

After a few minutes, its eyes grew more tired as it decided to escape as it looked around for a way to run through. Luckily, it saw that there was an open spot that it could easily run through and it immediately made its decision as it sprinted away from the disciples. 

Seeing this, all the disciples smiled inside as their plan work. They started to chase after the tiger making it seem more natural and less wary of the executing attack. 

As the tiger ran into the forest, it looked back at the slow disciples chasing after it felt a sense of pride. However, 3 spears of ice randomly appeared from the depths of the forest. Unprepared for the sudden attack, it collided directly into the spears. 

*Boom!* a massive sound rang out as the tiger was impaled by the spears. 

Yet before the tiger could recover and get back up, it saw a few sword slashes before its vision turned dark.

64