Chapter 75
1.6k 19 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Huh? What do you mean master?” Zhen Yue asked.

At that moment, a loud voice rang throughout the battlefield, “THE MONSTER HORDE HAS STOPPED!”.

“Hehe, I told you!” Qian Yu said with a smirk. 

“Let’s go say goodbye to everyone and start travelling. We have no time to lose,” Qian Yu said as they rushed and started bidding farewell to Zhong Chun and the others. The journey home was a long one and it would take over a week to get back to Shipton city followed by another week on a ship to the Southern Ice Continent so they needed to make haste. 

“I’ll see you in the future. I’ll definitely visit you if I somehow end up in the Southern Ice Continent,” Zhong Chun gave him a pat on the shoulder.

“Yea, you too, stay healthy. I’m sure we’ll see each other eventually if fate wills it,” Qian Yu laughed and smiled back. 

A couple hours later, Qian Yu and Zhen Yue finally reached a village as they finally managed to catch a breath and go over some things.

“HAHAHAH WE’RE RICH!” Qian Yu yelled out.

“Yeah, I didn’t think we would have made so much money,” Zhen Yue stared at the amount of beast cores they had in front of them. 

“Hehe, in the beginning we weren’t making so much but in the end, we averaged about 7 or 8 spirit stones per day even when you were injured from the beast hordes. That means this is about 100 spirit stones! We’ve doubled our money! I can’t wait to sell these cores” Qian Yu started crying tears of happiness.

“Mmm, this is indeed pretty impressive,” Zhen Yue continued staring at the shiny cores on the ground.

“More importantly however, it’s about time,” Qian Yu smiled as he approached Zhen Yue from behind. Putting his arms around her, he started roaming her body with his hands. 

“Mmm, it’s been almost two weeks huh?” Zhen Yue blushed as she turned her head around.

“Yea,” Qian Yu said as he leaned in to kiss her.

As he did, a flash appeared as a 4 legged spiritual beast started talking in his consciousness, ‘MMASSTERR!!! I’m back now that the stupid instrument and noise is gone! Have you missed me? It’s been so long since I’ve had food. I want food. Please give me some food!’ 

“Ah damn it, why did you wake up now at all times…” Qian Yu sighed as he went out to get food.


Meanwhile, in the Zhao Family territory of Xia Capital, a girl walked out of a large chamber in one of the houses. 

Stretching her shoulder, she sighed in relief as the doors closed behind her. 

From the side, she heard a voice, “My daughter, finally, you’re out!”

“Mmm, I’ve missed you too mother,” Zhao Xieren said as she went to hug her mother after 4 months of solitary.

“Is there anything my dear daughter wants to do? How about some food?” Miss Zhao said.

“I’ll pass. I want to head back to the sect first and catch up on some stuff,” Zhao Xieren sighed.

“Daughter, how do you feel about that Qian Yu kid?” Miss Zhao suddenly asked her daughter.

“Huh?” Zhao Xieren frowned as her eyes grew distant. 

After a while, she gripped her fingers, “I don’t know how I feel. He was kind, helped me a lot, and was one of my few friends at the sect. But I…” 

“It’s okay sweetie,” Miss Zhao hugged her daughter.

“Whatever you do though, just make sure you don’t regret anything,” Miss Zhao kissed her daughter on the forehead.

“Mother! I’m not a kid anymore,” Zhao Xieren escaped from the hug.

“Hmph, even if you were married and I had grandchildren, I will still kiss you on the forehead,” Miss Zhao tenderly looked at her daughter.


In the medical hall of the Ice Arts Sect, a brown-haired woman was currently making some pills. Most of the time, it required some type of fire cultivation technique to make pills since it will help with controlling the fire. However, it could be done with a water based cultivation technique. It couldn’t change the fire’s power as quickly but it did make it less volatile. 

*Poof* The pill was finished as she opened the lid of the cauldron. As she looked at it, she sighed, “Not good enough.” 

Leaving the room, she headed to the kitchen. Wiping the sweat off her forehead, she looked at the calendar, “Phew, only 3 months left.” 


In the southern area of the Xia Empire, near the edges of the country’s border, there was a girl with red hair and a large sword. On the ground, there were numerous corpses of bodies.

“AHH! Help!” a voice was screaming for help yet he was silenced as a large sword slashed at him.

“You monster!” a voice yelled out as he saw the sword swing at him.

*Puut!* blood splattered as another body fell down.

“Are you alright? I won’t hurt you,” the girl smiled and asked a pair of children hiding behind some of the caravan’s rubble. 

“N-no, thank you big sister,” one of them said.

“Thank you, brave cultivator!” A man ran up as he hugged his children. 

“Beautiful miss, how can we ever repay you!” “Our village thanks you,” A few others ran up as well, tears of happiness in their eyes. 

Sun Hong silently smiled for a few seconds. “Will it be the same if I ever returned to that village?” She stared at the sky.


In another country Qian Yu had never gone to, a woman in a black dress smiled as she looked at the circle in the distance. Complex runes and symbols were engraved onto it. In her hand, she held a scroll.

“Finally, I’ve found it,” Staring at the circle, her eyes grew fiercer as they flooded with ambition.


Somewhere else, in a large palace, a girl opened her eyes as a smile appeared on her face. By her side, a female servant sitting nearby.

“HAHAHA! I finally mastered the 3rd layer of this technique. Hehehe, now I can use the 4th technique to finally divine something,” she laughed excitedly.

The servant nearby smiled, “My lady, congratulations on mastering the 3rd layer. It has only been a few months, if your dad knew this he would be so proud of you.”

“Hehe, of course. It’s nothing for me since I was chosen by Martial Emperor Liu Wang himself,” she said with a hint of sarcasm. Closing her eyes, she started concentrating as she started to learn and perform the 4th layer martial technique. 

An hour later, she opened her eyes as they turned yellow before she excitedly said, “Who is marrying me!?”

“Ahem, your highness, if your father knew what you are doing with the renowned Seeing the Stars, he w-” the person started talking.

“Hmph, I don’t care! Hehehe, now who is my husband!” She continued as she put forward one finger and drew a circle. 

As she did, a yellow circle was formed from her fingers as a certain face appeared in it. 

“OOoohhh, hehehe, mhm, he’s not ugly. In fact he’s quite cute and handsome right?” She asked the servant next to her. They were quite close. 

“Ahem, I guess he is,” the servant coughed and didn’t deny it. 

“Hmm, he’s so weak right now but that’s fine. No simple man will marry me so that’ll change right?” she said.

Yet the contents of the circle continued changing, showing more than just that.

“Huh? WHAT’S GOING ON!? What is he doing? My eyes have been defiled! My husband… what… no? H-he’s not pure! Who is this bitch!” The girl put her hands over her eyes as she continued to watch the circle while she started tearing up. 

“M-my lady!!! Turn it off!” a scream echoed throughout the palace.

“I-I don’t know how to!” another scream rang out.


Meanwhile 2 weeks have passed since the end of the beast horde. 

Currently, Qian Yu and Zhen Yue were on a boat travelling back to the Southern Ice Continent. Besides taking a detour to give a report to the branch sect and a whole day on a date with Zhen Yue in Allwake City, they went directly towards Shipton City and sold the beast cores. 

Additionally, he had managed to enter the 7th stage of qi gathering with the help of Zhen Yue since then.

Sitting on the deck, the two soon saw a large white dot in their vision. 

“Finally, I’m back!” 

[End of Volume 2]

Author’s Note: 

Hello all. Well… finally done with volume 2! Hope you guys have been enjoying the story. 

Obviously, we’ll be returning to the sect next volume. Without a doubt it’ll be focusing on the romance of Bai Jia and Zhao Xieren. Ahem, MC has plot armor against female leads but I will try my best to make it unique while learning more about their characters. I haven’t written much passed that but in general, the volume will be a lot longer than the first two volumes. 

Anyways, like last time, I would appreciate everyone’s thoughts on the volume so please comment below! 

Lastly, I will be taking a break from posting on Friday. Just to get a breather and let me plan out the volume more. 

Thank you everyone and my 1 patreon: Shadeymankey.

36