Chapter 79
1.5k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following their meal, the two returned to their mountain.

“Alright, good night, I’ll see you tomorrow,” The two bid goodnight as they returned to their own quarters. 

‘Hahaha, maybe having to take a longer walk isn’t that bad after all,’ Qian Yu sat down on the bed. Through the window, he could see the pavilion belonging to Zhao Xieren. 

“Alright, let’s get started,” Qian Yu turned away. A glow appeared as a scroll was summoned from his storage ring. It was none other than the Immortal Soul. 

Over the last 2 weeks, Qian Yu had debated whether or not it was worth learning the Immortal Soul though. At the end of the day however, being immune to corruption was too important. Now after finalizing his decision, he was ready to learn the cultivation technique. Other than that, there was another reason. 

At the same time, Tian Xinyi was summoned from his soul world as she took a rather rare but serious stance. Her eyes were sharp and she didn’t bother asking for food.

“Do you really think this will work?” Qian Yu looked at his spiritual pet.

‘Since your soul world already has some sort of establishment, you might be able to start improving your mastery of the technique and understanding of the soul world,’ Realizing that a stronger soul world will make herself stronger, Tian Xinyi had brought the matter up to Qian Yu. Still, she wasn’t completely sure if he could learn it at the moment.

Qian Yu took a deep breath, “Alright, it doesn’t hurt to get an early lead if I can.” Qian Yu grabbed the scroll before injecting his qi into it. It glimmered in response, unraveling the secrets into Qian Yu’s consciousness. 

‘The Immortal Soul

Laws are the Truth to the Universe’ Qian Yu felt it in his consciousness.

‘The introduction was pretty short compared to Annihilating Lightning,’ Qian Yu thought as he confirmed that it had worked.

Closing his eyes, Qian Yu continued to focus on lines of scripture that were imprinted in his consciousness. Reading through it, he found the cultivation technique, Soul Exploration, and attempted to activate the cultivation technique. 

‘Hold up!’ Tian Xinyi’s voice screamed in his mind, forcing Qian Yu to stop.

“Let me check out your soul world before we go any further,” Tian Xinyi touched him and disappeared into his soul world. 

A minute later, she reappeared as she frowned and said, ‘No change as of right now. Maybe something will change if you start using the technique.’ 

“I’ll start practicing it then,” Qian Yu closed his eyes. As a technique that didn’t use qi, Qian Yu was interested in what it would be like. 

Silently, Qian Yu repeated the scripture yet without a single clue on how the soul world worked or felt, he couldn’t successfully activate the technique. He was at a dead end.

“It’s not working. Compared to how I learned Lightning Spasm, I could tell that I was at least making some progress as I can feel the qi move and change in my body. Regarding this, I can’t do anything. I don’t know what to expect,” Qian Yu shook his head. 

‘Sigh, I’m sorry master. I don’t know much about the soul world either. My bloodline memories don’t have much about the specifics of human cultivation,’ Tian Xinyi sighed. 

Qian Yu stayed silent as he heard Tian Xinyi. Truly, he too knew little about the soul world. Books on that level weren’t publicly available. “Alright, let’s call it a night, thanks. I’ll look for help tomorrow,” Qian Yu looked at Tian Xinyi. 

‘Master, I want to sleep outside today,’ She crawled onto the bed. 

Qian Yu didn’t mind as he got into bed too. There was only one Martial Fighter person he could ask for more information. Additionally, he had some other questions for her.


As Qian Yu entered the medical hall the next day, he saw the outer court girl again as he greeted, “Hello there, is Elder Bai in?”.

“Ahh, it’s you again. You’re actually an inner court disciple!” she instinctively exclaimed seeing his different robes. 

Remembering Qian Yu asked a question, she said, “Uhm, Elder Bai left very early in the morning but she should be coming back soon”. 

“Alright, I’ll just wait here then,” Qian Yu nodded as he sat down on a random chair. 

However, the girl continued as she asked, “Ahem, senior brother, are you single?” 

‘Senior brother!’ Qian Yu uncontrollably smiled hearing that for the first time. He knew he didn’t care much for honor or fame but suddenly hearing the girl’s admiration and respect for him, it did feel nice. 

“I’m not single,” Qian Yu shook his head. 

“Oohh!” The girl smiled as she put her hands over her mouth. In a low voice, she asked, “Are you and Elder Bai ahem, you know?”

“What? What do you mean by that? How is that possible?” Qian Yu choked on his spit. 

“Hmm, what were you doing with Elder Bai yesterday then? Elder Bai has never let anyone else into her office besides other elders but you stayed there for so long. Don’t tell me you guys were doing that,” she said as she made a circle with one hand and put one finger through the hole. 

“Y-you are crazy!” Qian Yu refrained from cursing at the girl, no, the little brat. Taking a deep breath, he said, “I used to work here when I was an outer court disciple and Elder Bai is like my mentor so I’m just visiting her.”

“Oh my god,” She put her hand over her mouth. Her face flushed and her oval eyes were shining, “An elder-disciple relationship, how dangerous but inspiring!”

Qian Yu opened his mouth, speechless as he heard the girl.

*Click* The door opened as Bai Jia walked in. 

“Oh, Qian Yu, you’re here?” Bai Jia noticed Qian Yu sitting on a chair. 

“Hello, Elder Bai, I have some things I want to discuss,” Qian Yu bowed and said respectfully. 

“Alright, follow me,” Bai Jia nodded before the two went up to Bai Jia’s office. 

Before Qian Yu could say anything, Bai Jia said, “Let me get changed out of these robes.”

Qian Yu looked at her, noticing she was wearing her elder robes. “Did you have an elder meeting?” Qian Yu asked. 

“Yeah, there’s a meeting every month,” Bai Jia said as she went into another room.

“I thought you didn’t go to those meetings?” Qian Yu recalled that she didn’t partake in matters outside of the medical hall.

“Eh, they asked me to go and it was a good way to relieve some social boredom. Though I wish there were more people in my generation,” Bai Jia replied from across the door. 

Qian Yu frowned as he wondered if he was considered in her generation. Originally, there was a pretty big age gap between the two but staying in a cocoon for over 3 years did close that gap a bit.

“Have you eaten yet? I’m going to make some food anyways,” Bai Jia walked back out wearing some comfortable clothes, a simple short sleeved shirt and long baggy pants. 

“No, I haven’t,” Qian Yu smiled. 

Bai Jia didn’t say anything as she tied her hair into a bun and started cooking. 

Seeing her get to work, Qian Yu couldn’t help but look at Bai Jia’s body, from her nape to her bottom as he remembered what the girl said and her hand motions. 

‘Aiyah, snap out of it, don’t take too many liberties you idiot.’ Qian Yu cursed himself. Qian Yu didn’t dare ogle her too long. She knew she had a good figure and was probably fine with Qian Yu eyeing her every now and then since it was normal. Staring too long would obviously make her uncomfortable. Regaining his composure, Qian Yu went to look at some random books in the room. 

Soon, Bai Jia finished cooking and the two started eating. 

“What did you want to talk about?” Bai Jia asked.  

“I just wanted to see you and eat your food,” Qian Yu said as he picked up a piece of beef tongue.

“Do you want me to kick you out? You don’t even work for me anymore and you still freeload off me,” Bai Jia said as she stole the piece of meat away from Qian Yu’s chopsticks.

“Alright alright sister, I was just joking. I was wondering when you are returning. You’ll be leaving soon to return home right?” Qian Yu felt that he had ruined the mood. Nonetheless, it was something he wanted to talk about. 

Bai Jia wasn’t happy either, “Yeah, there’s only a couple months until I leave.”

Qian Yu fell silent. “It’ll be hard to see sister then. Do you have any plans for afterwards?” Qian Yu forced a smile and tried to cheer himself up.

“Don’t be so down, boy,” Bai Jia sighed. “Here, eat some more,” Bai Jia said as she put some meat into Qian Yu’s bowl. 

“Thank you,” Qian Yu replied.

She proceeded to eat another mouthful, “Well, it’s not like I have to return. My family is very lenient on me and gives me a lot of freedom but even then, it is my home after all.”

Putting her chopsticks down, she said, “While we are on this topic, if you ever leave the sect and need help or a place to stay, just find me. Even if you need a martial technique or something, you will be welcomed.”

Qian Yu fell silent for a few seconds hearing Bai Jia’s sudden words. “I will thank you for your care in advance then,” she was very vague but he could feel Bai Jia has his wellbeing in mind.  

‘Hmm, that does sound nice if I leave the sect,’ Qian Yu took her words into consideration. While he said leave, it wasn’t like he wasn’t going to be a disciple of the sect anymore. It was more like a graduation from the sect as he moved onwards. 

Of course, it was a lot more than that. For example, if there was a cultivation technique Qian Yu wanted to learn, he would have to leave and enter that other sect as an elder or something. At one point, the original intention of entering a sect, whether it be for the experience or cultivation technique, was reached and staying in the sect became less meaningful. However, this was far in the future and Qian Yu hadn’t thought of what to do when he reached that point. 

“Ahem, just focus on cultivating and get stronger. We can discuss more after that. As for plans, I don’t have any since I will already have the 4 cultivation techniques I want to learn,” Bai Jia said as she smiled. 

“Really!?” Qian Yu exclaimed. ‘It’s likely that there’ll be a chance that she is planning to cultivate the Immortal Soul as well!’ Qian Yu inwardly smiled. Likely, she knew more about the technique than he did. Other than that, he also wanted to ask about the black dressed lady.

“Sister, I actually have some things I didn’t tell you about,” Qian Yu prepared to tell her.

32