Chapter 103
1k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sun Hong… you’re amazing!” Qian Yu said. It hadn’t even been an hour since he had learned and used the technique but without a doubt, what Sun Hong had done in just a few minutes had helped him a lot in understanding the technique. 

“Sister Sun is a genius!” Zhen Yue exclaimed. Even though she didn’t have a movement skill herself, it didn’t matter. She had never seen Sun Hong personally fight yet but Qian Yu had always referred to her as a fighting goddess. Now she had personally seen that shine of brilliance in front of her.

“How did you come up with that?” Zhao Xieren was amazed for she had never heard of something like this. Unfortunately, it wasn’t applicable to her as the Wandering Blades used qi in all parts of her body.

“It’s not a big deal. I just noticed it was similar to my own Asura Dash,” Sun Hong humbly said. 

“Ah, I see then...” Zhao Xieren felt less shocked now that she didn’t come up with that idea in a few minutes. 

“Anyways, let’s spar!” Qian Yu intervened. He had been feeling pretty weak and useless for a while. Of course, it wasn’t anything serious as he knew he just needed some more time. Now, this movement skill has solved that issue. He wanted to fight! He wanted to release that frustration! He wanted to see his new limits and how strong he was!

“Against who?” The three girls simultaneously asked. 

“Uh…” Qian Yu was still thinking when he was interrupted.

“I’ll go since I’m the same cultivation as Master!” Zhen Yue yelled. 

“No, I’ll spar with Qian Yu. You are naturally disadvantaged if he uses Lightning Spasm since you fight extremely close combat with your hands,” Zhao Xieren volunteered.

“I’ll do it. I’m afraid Qian Yu can’t fight with his max potential since he doesn’t want to hurt you two. Against me, he can go all out,” Sun Hong reasoned. 

“...” The two girls fell silent upon hearing that before realizing it was true. They could tell Qian Yu wanted to fight with his full power and only Sun Hong could properly respond to it without getting anyone harmed. 

“Alright, if that’s settled, let’s start,” Qian Yu walked away from the three girls as he took out his spear. 

“I won’t use any martial techniques. Just do your best to scratch me,” Sun Hong walked over to her side of the field bringing out a random greatsword instead of the legendary grade greatsword that she just received. 

“Hmph, start!” Qian Yu didn’t say anything more as he ran forward at Sun Hong who was just standing still. 

*Clang!* He pointed his spear at her as he charged forward but Sun Hong met it with the blade of the great sword. 

*Swish* Blocking it, she countered and swung back. 

Qian Yu dodged to the side. It was fast, but not as fast as Sun Hong could attack. Obviously, she was holding back. 

Once again, Qian Yu ran forward, sending another attack at Sun Hong. Repeating the same thing, she blocked it and countered with another attack sending Qian Yu flying back as he blocked it. 

Getting back up, Qian Yu started trading blows. After a dozen trades or so though, Sun Hong hadn’t even moved an inch. 

‘I can’t do anything. Nothing… no open spots or anything,’ Qian Yu scratched his head, feeling a little helpless. Sun Hong was completely passive, not taking the initiative to do anything. 

‘Wait… that’s the wrong mentality,’ Qian Yu shook his head. Previously, he had always looked for openings and weak spots in the enemies attack patterns. However, what would he do if he met someone of Sun Hong’s caliber? Someone who not only made no mistakes but also changed their attack patterns.

‘It’s different now!’ Qian Yu realized. He had his own movement technique, something that gave him the initiative. 

Qian Yu ran forward as qi started concentrating towards his feet. 

Transcending Lightning Step! Qian Yu bursted in speed as he pointed his spear at Sun Hong. 

*Clang* Of course, it was blocked but with the addition of the increase in acceleration, the attack was much stronger, forcing Sun Hong a step back. 

‘She moved. Good start,’ Qian Yu jumped back as he saw his attack was a lot stronger.

He dashed forward again. This time, a surplus of qi was in his feet. 

Getting within a few meters from her, Qian Yu used Transcending Lighting Step. 

*Bop* Yet Qian Yu didn’t use his spear this time. Instead, he kicked forward as he flew at her. Lightning surged on his feet as Sun Hong blocked it.

However, Qian Yu didn’t stop there. As his foot was being blocked by Sun Hong, Qian Yu let his other foot touch the ground. 

Qi burst out as Qian Yu performed another Transcending Lightning Step. 

“Shit,” Sun Hong cursed as she saw it. However, there was a smile on her face. 

*Bam!* Sun Hong was sent back a few meters. After using Transcending Lightning Step a few times, Qian Yu could easily tell that the increase in his speed was the fastest at the beginning, meaning that it had the strongest force. With his feet against Sun Hong’s blade, he had managed to push her back a few feet.

“Hahaha, not bad!” Sun Hong laughed. 

“Let’s call it?” She continued. Her clothes were a bit roughed up and wrinkled from the shockwave of the kick but Qian Yu still hadn’t landed a direct hit on her. 

Nonetheless, Qian Yu didn’t care for that. “Alright, let’s head back,” He was already gloating over his performance today. 

The next day, Zhao Xieren came early to meet up with Qian Yu as they returned to the sect. Meanwhile, Sun Hong and Zhen Yue had decided to go hunt together. Now that he had reached soul foundation, he didn’t have to stay cooped up inside and refine yin qi all day. Instead, focusing on mastery was a lot more important now in his speed to ascend. 

Qian Yu and Zhao Xieren entered the inner court as they headed towards Elder Zhao, who like always, was peacefully reading his book within his silent abode. 

“Elder Zhao, disciple Qian Yu has come to report my breakthrough to the soul foundation realm,” Qian Yu bowed. It was a necessary procedure to inform the sect if you had a breakthrough.

“Zhao Xieren greets Uncle,” Zhao Xieren similarly bowed by the side. 

Elder Zhao glanced at Qian Yu for a few seconds before he nodded, “Alright.” Yet his eyes had a hint of surprise seeing Qian Yu breakthrough so fast. 

Turning towards Zhao Xieren, he asked, “Have you decided to take part in the tournament?” 

“I have decided not to participate,” Zhao Xieren replied. 

“Alright, that is fine then,” Elder Zhao didn’t seem to mind.

“Tourney? May I inquire about this tournament?” Qian Yu interjected. 

“The sect will be hosting a tournament for those in the soul foundation realm in two weeks. It will be split into three groups depending on your stage of soul foundation,” Elder Zhao quickly explained. 

Qian Yu grew silent as he pondered. 

“Elder, I would like to participate in this tournament,” Qian Yu suddenly decided.

“Eh?” Zhao Xieren was shocked. He had always been more on the restrained side, avoiding the spotlight but he had suddenly decided to enter a tournament.

“Very well… I will register you then,” Elder Zhao was surprised as well. As someone who had just broken through, he would be disadvantaged compared to others who had more time to practice their martial techniques.

“Qian Yu, why did you want to enter the tourney?” Zhao Xieren asked as they left the building. 

“I just wanted to test how strong I was since I just entered the soul foundation realm,” Qian Yu’s reason was simple.

“What about you?” Qian Yu returned the question. 

“You know, I just don’t like the spotlight,” Zhao Xieren shrugged. 

“Well, that’s fair. Are there rewards by the way?” Qian Yu added. 

“Rewards… kind of, I guess. This tournament is very special. Uncle is a man of little words and didn’t explain it in detail. It is more of a qualifier tournament. Those who perform well in this tournament are selected for the Southern Ice Tournament, a continent wide tournament for those in the soul foundation realm that happens every 5 years,” Zhao Xieren said. 

“Southern Ice Tournament…” A smile rose up instinctually on Qian Yu’s face as he heard that. 

“The strongest of all soul foundation cultivators will be heading there. Yes, I’ll aim for that,” Qian Yu decided. Besides cultivating, one needed real fighting experience to grow stronger.

17