Chapter 140
425 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two hostile Martial Fighter had grim faces as they felt the killing intent from Bai Jia, Tian Xinyi and the other two allied Martial Fighters. Without hesitation, they instantly separated, fleeing in opposite directions. 

“Great Stone Hands of Confinement!” Yet these were clearly experienced cultivators. As if anticipating their actions, the male Martial Fighter summoned forth large hands from the ground that created a large dome, preventing the two enemies from escaping. 

“Damn it! Great Slaying Fire Sword!” With no other choice, they could only try to create a hole and escape. 

*BAM!* The attack collided into the walls of the dome, it created a small crack. Yet before anything another large hand of stone flew out from the ground, covering it. 

“Hahaha, this old man might not be good offensively but don’t underestimate my defense,” he chuckled seeing their efforts. 

Then, he grew serious as he looked away from them and towards Bai Jia and the rest, “Let’s get this over with.”

The stone wall was a little of a surprise to Qian Yu but he quickly recovered his composure as he turned to Zhao Xieren and Zhen Yue, “They should be fine, let’s help elsewhere.” With a 4 to 2 number advantage, it was only a matter of time before the two Martial Fighters were defeated. 

“Yes, let’s hurry,” Zhao Xieren quickly said. The battles between the soul foundation and qi gathering cultivators were still ongoing and now, with the Martial Fighters out of the way, they didn’t have to worry about their intervention. Additionally, Sun Hong was likely still lurking in the area. 

That said, it wasn’t like there was a chance for them to delay. The attacks earlier from the enemy Martial Fighters had attracted the attention of the enemy soldiers. With Qian Yu and the rest coming from behind them, they realized they had been sandwiched. As such, the enemy had decided to retreat and started charging directly at Qian Yu and the rest. 

“Soldiers charge forward!” Qian Yu raised his spear as he commanded all the soldiers to attack. Running with them, he soon encountered the first soul foundation cultivator. 

“Late stage soul foundation, but he is somewhat worn out already,” Qian Yu noticed his enemy’s qi was just a little better in terms of quality. 

“Sweeping Water Palm!” The enemy soul foundation cultivator finished channeling his qi and shot his hands forward, sending forward a palm of water. He didn’t stop with one thrust of his arm though and instead, continued alternating with both hands and conjuring more palms. 

“Master!” Zhen Yue yelled out from the side as she noticed who he was fighting. As someone who had always been with Qian Yu, she had a good grasp of his power. The attack moved fast, much more than what he had been used to and he couldn’t infinitely dodge with Transcending Lightning Step. 

“Don’t worry about me! Water based cultivation technique? That’s great!” Qian Yu smirked as he saw it coming. 

*Swoosh!* *Swoosh!* Yet Zhen Yue’s eyes widened as she saw Qian Yu nimbly dodge all the attacks that came forward. Slowly, Qian Yu inched forward ever so close as his opponent bitterly watched him do so. 

“I’ve got you now!” Qian Yu’s speed skyrocketed with the help of Transcending Lightning Step and he instantly appeared before his enemy. 

*Swish!* Qian Yu slashed at the enemy’s neck. Yet a quick step backwards by his enemy only left a small gash on the neck. 

“Tch! Water Giant of Disaster!” Suddenly, his opponent’s qi surged abnormally and Qian Yu’s face turned grim as he saw a corporeal body of water form around his enemy’s body. In just a second, he had become a giant, spanning a few dozens of feet high. 

“You’re kidding me…” Qian Yu backed off. Without a doubt, it was the 4th martial technique of the cultivation technique. Like Bai Jia had said, most techniques had a severe increase in complexity and strength at this stage and the water giant couldn’t be a better example of this.

*Swoosh!* Arms of water extended from the giant and shot forward Qian Yu. 

Transcending Lightning Step! Qian Yu disappeared from his position as he recovered from dodging, he pointed his fingers towards the giant.

*Zap!* A ray of lightning qi burst forth, landing directly onto the giant. 

As the steam disappeared, Qian Yu noticed the hands on the giant’s arms had disappeared from blocking the attack. Yet in a matter of seconds, they slowly reformed. 

*Whoosh!* Without a second to waste, they punched at Qian Yu again. 

*Bam!* Not expecting it, Qian Yu was sent flying into a nearby building. 

“Fuck that hurt!” Qian Yu pulled out a couple of splinters and got up, only to see the giant run over to him. 

*Zap!* Qian Yu retaliated with another Mark of Heavenly Lightning. 

With its large body, it was impossible for it to dodge and had no choice but to raise its hand once more to block.

*Bam!* And as the steam disappeared, Qian Yu again saw the hands start to reform. 

“Heh, it took a little longer to recover like I guessed,” Qian Yu noticed. Without a doubt, it was an obnoxiously strong technique but it came at the expense of requiring a lot of qi to maintain. 

‘How much longer can you maintain this form?’ Qian Yu smirked.

“Come get me!” Qian Yu yelled out and provoked the water giant.

“You!” the late stage soul foundation roared out from inside the body of water. As he did, another pair of arms grew out from the back. 

“Heh, I’ll go all out too then,” Qian Yu dropped low as he prepared to dodge the incoming attacks. 

*Whoosh!* A rapid succession of punches flew out from the giant. 

Transcending Lighting Step! Qian Yu dodged the incoming hands that arrived before him. Yet as they continued, their movements had become noticeably slower. 

*WHOOSH!* Nonetheless, the surplus of hands eventually cornered Qian Yu and two hands of water were incoming from his left and right. 

Lightning Spasm! Qian Yu quickly raised both his arms to the side, chaotically disrupting the qi in the attack for a second before jumping upwards onto a nearby building. 

“That worked pretty well!” Qian Yu sighed in relief. He had no clue what to expect from attacks from a late stage soul foundation cultivator. The water giant was without a doubt a difficult skill to master but the qi supplying the attack wasn’t that strong. 

Seeing Qian Yu jump onto the building, the late stage soul foundation continued sending attacks towards his way. With a leap, Qian Yu dodged the incoming attack. Yet he didn’t stop there, and continuing to run and jump around, he ascended onto the roof of a tall pavilion. 

Transcending Lighting Step! Like he had done in the past, Qian Yu stepped off the rooftops and like a missile, he shot towards the giant made of water.

“You’re courting death!” the man beckoned out seeing Qian Yu seemingly fly directly towards him. Pulling back the giant’s arm, he swung the fist directly at Qian Yu. 

*Zap!* A bolt of lightning shot out from Qian Yu, annihilating the arm as it came close to him.

“Die!” Seeing that, the man roared as another series of arms soon appeared before Qian Yu. 

Lightning Spasm! Yet Qian Yu was like a spear still shooting towards the water giant and channeling Lighting Spasm, he easily pierced through the hands that blocked his path. 

“What!” the man in the water giant yelled out.

*Swish!* A talisman appeared in Qian Yu’s hand as he channeled his qi into it, causing a bright glow to appear from it. 

*BAM!* Fire erupted from the talisman, landing directly into the man controlling the water giant  while Qian Yu was sent flying back from the attack and into a nearby building.

“As expected of an attack from a Martial Fighter…” Qian Yu muttered as he looked towards the explosion, only to see that the water giant had disappeared. On the ground, the charred body of the advanced stage soul foundation cultivator could be seen along with a few other bodies within the explosion radius.

8