Chapter 151
682 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning quickly arrived but as the sun just peeked over the horizon, Qian Yu and Zhen Yue were both awake already, cultivating overnight in their guest lodging. After he had returned home from Bai Jia’s house, he had felt close to breaking through. Additionally, Zhen Yue had felt it too. 

The qi around them became denser as the hours passed and before long, Zhen Yue’s eyes opened first. A bright smile blossomed on her face as she jumped up in joy before remembering about Qian Yu. Sitting back down, she quietly stared at him. Hours later, the qi around Qian Yu cooled down before Qian Yu opened his eyes. 

“Good afternoon master!” Zhen Yue’s face greeted Qian Yu as he opened his eyes. 

“Hahaha, we did it!” Qian Yu chuckled as he gave her a tight hug. 

“YES!!! We’re one step closer to being a Martial Fighter now! I’m so excited!” Zhen Yue couldn’t hide her excitement. Over the past few months, the two had fought in countless battles and now, they had both simultaneously reached the advanced stage of soul foundation. 

“Hmm… did you test your new martial technique yet?” Qian Yu wondered about their new martial techniques. 

“Nope! I waited for you!” Zhen Yue shook her head. 

“Alright, let’s go over yours first,” Qian Yu decided as he stood up and extended his hand towards Zhen Yue to help her up. 

“Yes!” Zhen Yue accepted Qian Yu’s help and they quickly left outside. 

The guest lodgings had a small yard in the back. Though it wasn’t large, it still offered an open place with privacy that was sufficient for them. 

“Hmm… the 4th technique might be a little hard to learn,” Qian Yu warned Zhen Yue ahead of time. 

“I know, I’ll try my best,” Zhen Yue cutely nodded before closing her eyes. 

Reciting the technique, qi slowly began to condense massively around her and after a while, her body shone in a bright green aura. 

‘Master… I think I know what this is?’ Tian Xinyi suddenly spoke up. 

‘Mmm, hello Xinyi. What do you mean by that?’ Qian Yu asked. 

‘This is-’ As she spoke, Zhen Yue’s body grew brighter than ever, releasing a blinding flash. 

“Ugh!” Qian Yu quickly turned away. Yet as he turned around, his eyes opened wide in shock. 

‘... a transformation,’ Tian Xinyi finished her statement as they stared at Zhen Yue in front of them. A few noticeable changes had appeared. Looking at her eyes, Qian Yu noticed that her pupils had changed shapes, becoming vertically slitted instead of the regular round ones. On top of her head, triangular ears had formed, replacing her regular ears. Most notably though, from behind her, there was a large fluffy tail hanging downwards.

‘Hmm… it seems like it’s an immature form though. She only has one tail,’ Tian Xinyi noted. 

“Master…? Did it work?” Zhen Yue blushed a little as she felt Qian Yu gaze on her. 

“Hmm? Do you not feel anything weird?” Qian Yu oddly stared at her.

“I feel normal,” Zhen Yue shook her head. 

“Right… How about now?” Qian Yu took out a mirror for her to see. 

Looking at the mirror, Zhen Yue’s expressions turned a little weird before a loud scream escaped her mouth, “AAHHHHHHHHH!!!”

“W-what’s going on?!?” Zhen Yue took a few steps backwards as her hands traveled around her head and tail. 

“You don’t like it?” Qian Yu walked up to her, giving her a pat on the head as he felt her ears. They were cold and soft, and he couldn’t help but continue rubbing her new ears.

“Mmm…” Zhen Yue fell quiet, unsure of what she was feeling about this matter.

“I think it is cool… and pretty as well,” Qian Yu ran one hand along her fluffy tail. Compared to her ears, they were a little more coarse but it had a shiny glimmer to it like her white glossy hair.

As he touched her tail though, Zhen Yue trembled. “I-If master likes it, then it’s good,” Qian Yu noticed her ears wiggling a bit. 

“Ahem… I’m actually starting to notice some differences now,” Zhen Yue said as she leaned towards Qian Yu’s neck and took a sniff, “My sense of smell has strengthened.” 

“But that’s not all. My vision and hearing is a lot better too,” she started looking around. 

‘Master, tell her to try her other martial techniques,’ Tian Xinyi said. 

“Can you try your other techniques?” Qian Yu repeated her question. 

Nodding her head, Zhen Yue channeled her qi into her hands. “Mmm, doesn’t seem too different. They seem longer. That isn’t bad,” Zhen Yue said as she looked at her claws. 

Next were the Fox Spirits. Before, she could form small foxes but this time, there was a massive difference.

“These are real clones!” Qian Yu shouted as he walked up to them. Touching the clone’s arm, Qian Yu realized it was pretty squishy, as if he had pushed his hand into a pillow. 

“Yes… this is amazing!” Zhen Yue shouted in joy as she saw the change in her technique. Controlling them, she started playing around with the clones as she quickly got used to them. 

“How about the last one?” Qian Yu asked her. 

“Yes, I’ll try it,” Zhen Yue released her control of the clones, making them vanish into the air. Then she turned to look at Qian Yu’s eyes. 

Before he knew it, he felt himself freeze as he stared at Zhen Yue. She had always been a beautiful girl but now, he felt completely bewitched by her and the urge to push her down had suddenly ignited. 

A few seconds passed before Qian Yu snapped out of it with. 

“Wow! It’s even longer than before!” Zhen Yue happily clapped. 

“Yes… ahem, Zhen Yue, be careful when using this. The gaze is very seductive,” Qian Yu said.

“Oh!?” Zhen Yue covered her mouth quickly before a smile appeared. “Master, I know we cultivated last night but do you want to have another round?” she teased him. 

“You-” Qian Yu was about to pinch her cheeks but Zhen Yue’s body emitted a quick shine.

“Woah!” Qian Yu ran forward to catch Zhen Yue as she fell down. 

“Ugh… I think I used up too much qi,” Zhen Yue moaned. It had only been a handful of minutes since she transformed but it seemed that the state had used up a considerable amount of qi. 

“Ahh, that makes sense,” Qian Yu helped her up and fed her a qi regeneration pill before walking towards the house. “Take a good rest,” Qian Yu laid her down in a bed before returning back outside. 

Closing his eyes, Qian Yu searched through his consciousness for Heaven’s Punishment, Annihilating Lightning. 

“Soul Annihilating Yin Lighting,” Qian Yu read the new part of the scripture that had appeared. 

‘It sounds impressive!’ Qian Yu smirked before reciting the technique. Looking at it, Qian Yu noticed it was vastly different than the others where he had to concentrate the qi in his body towards a specific area. On the other hand, this technique didn’t require that. 

‘It’s like using Lighting Spasm on the whole body… but the qi won’t be only chaotic qi and lightning qi but also yin qi? Fortunately, I didn’t refine all the yin qi from yesterday night,’ Qian Yu thought. 

‘Alright let’s try it!’ Qian Yu didn’t waste any more time and started practicing the technique. Normally, he didn’t touch the yin qi but now, he released the unrefined yin qi from his dantian, circulating it around his body and in a matter of seconds, he felt the change in his body. With his experience in refining yin qi, he was pretty comfortable with handling yin qi so it didn’t take too long to get the basics of the technique. 

‘Damn! This state is quite draining though!’ Qian Yu clicked his tongue as he felt a little uncomfortable with how fast the qi in his body was burning up. Like Zhen Yue, he could probably last a few minutes at most and using martial techniques would only speed up the process.

Transcending Lightning Step! Qian Yu disappeared from his spot, appearing several dozens of meters away. ‘The distance is the same too,’ Qian Yu looked back to where he was. 

*Zap!* A lightning bolt shot out from Qian Yu’s hand. 

‘It’s black!?’ Yet the normal bright yellow color was replaced by a black color instead as Qian Yu watched it shoot across the field and crash into the ground. Yet besides the color change, there wasn’t really anything different from the attack.

“Hmm… the attack seems rather ordinary. Soul Annihilating Yin Lightning… it definitely has something to do with the soul? Zhen Yue’s going to be out for a while so I guess I’ll visit Jia’er again,” Qian Yu muttered as he decided what to do.

10