Prologue
77 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since time immemorial, the human race have been known to enlist the help of Spirit Beasts through what is called as a familiar contract. These Spirit Beasts vary greatly from one another, be it from their looks, size, power, or speed. No two beasts were alike.

They would be summoned by humans from the spirit world and, once agreed upon by both parties, would form a contract and be bound to one another as familiar and master until the summoner dies. After which, the Spirit would go back to the spirit world and pick another summoner to form a new contract with and repeat the cycle.

Some Spirit Beasts are remarkably stronger than the others and so are more sought after by summoners. These are called greater beasts. 

One such greater beast is the Great Dragon, Bhast. A spirit beast famous for it's tremendous power, as well as having chosen various Kings and Heroes in the past.

Then there are the common beasts. Spirit beasts that are neither too strong nor too weak. Lesser beasts on the other hand are spirit beasts that are deemed relatively weak and as such unfit for combat.

Of course, there are also a number of Spirit Beasts that are notorious. Familiars that cause their summoners great misfortunes or corruption, these are called Cursed ones. 

One such of these cursed ones is the nameless, Black Beast of Calamity. A cursed beast infamous for choosing dreadful people as it's master throughout history. Noteworthy holders of this beast were, the Tyrant King of Edelweiss, the necromancer of Bulwark Marsh, the Barbarian King of Crimson Valley, and now, The first Prince of Ireleth.

After being chosen by the Black Beast of Calamity as it's new master, Prince Loic Von Stronheim found himself being ostracized by everyone he's ever cared for. His classmates and teachers that had once praised and looked up to him, now avoided him every chance they got, even his own family and fiancé, Lady Liliana, looked at him with fear and disgust in their eyes, like he was some horrible, malicious thing.

Feeling hurt and betrayed, he became increasingly overwhelmed with jealousy and hatred towards his half brother Siegfried, the second Prince as well as the son of the second Queen. 

After summoning the Great Dragon Bhast as his own familiar, Siegfried had been named as the first prince and heir to the throne, effectively replacing Loic.

In an attempt to win back what was rightfully his, Loic desperately tried to compete with Siegfried over everything, only to lose spectacularly every time. His familiar, the Black Beast of Calamity, was extremely unpredictable and hard to control, Logic more than once found himself struggling to rein in the beast's extraordinary strength.

In Incontrast, the Great Dragon, Bhast heard and easily obeyed Siegfried's every command.

Loic had also noticed his fiancé's continued indifference towards him, as well as her growing fondness towards the exceptional Prince Siegfried. Increasingly feeling irritated, Loic pestered Liliana continuously without rest every time they were together, even going so far as to force Liliana to accompany him each and ever single day, greatly displeasing the young lady.

The final stroke, however, was when he raised his hand against the young lady and struck her when she accidentally mentioned Siegfried's name in his presence.

As a result, their engagement was quickly annulled, and as compensation, Liliana was then engaged to Siegfried, while Loic was stripped of his status as a royal.

Having lost everything, Loic, who was now filled with hatred, contempt, and anger, allowed the Black Beast of Calamity to take over. He took on the complete form of the Black Beast and laid waste to the Capital, destroying everything to the ground, culminating in a final battle between him and Siegfried. However, Siegfried and Liliana, with the help of their familiars, the Great Dragon, Bhast and the Winter Owl, Frost, proved to be too much for Loic to handle, and he was ultimately defeated.

After just narrowly escaping with his life, he found himself in the brink of death at a faraway forest. Having all but accepted his fate, Loic cursed the Black Beast of Calamity and closed his eyes as the coldness began creeping his entire body. Contrary to his expectations though, he woke up in the house of a young commoner girl in a poor village in the Kingdom. 

The girl, who was called Lise, explained to him that she had found him in the forest while she was foraging for herbs, brought him back to their village, and took care of him while he recovered from his wounds. 

Loic was amazed at how this poor girl was able to use what little resources she had in order to help him, a cursed person that everyone hated. Of course, the girl did not know who Loic was, nor why he was in that situation in the first place, nor did she want to know, she just wanted to help him regardless. Even with what little she had, she took care of him.

Having felt warmth for the first time in a long time, Loic couldn't help but cry then and there. The feelings he had kept bottled up for a long time burst forth in an uncontrollable stream of tears. 

He then spent the next couple of days in Lise's home recuperating and learning about the girl that had saved him. Apparently, she used to live in that house with her younger brother. Her mother and father having long since died of disease back when they were still a child, she was forced to take care of her younger brother by working on their small farm and foraging for some herbs from the forest to sell. Unfortunately, her brother had also passed away a couple of weeks ago due to the same disease that took their parents. That was the reason why she couldn't just abandon someone who was suffering alone.

Over the course of a few more months, Loic successfully integrated within the village, even going as far as taking part in the hunting party due to his better than most, martial prowess. Lise had introduced Loic to the villagers as her husband as to not arouse any suspicions. Though at first it was just a front, the two slowly got close to each other, and not long after, started an actual relationship. Loic had finally found the love and peace he was longing for, and he was determined to not let anyone take it this time.

How's it going guys, TachimeSan here! 

It took so long, but it's here now ? the re-write of the story. As you all probably know, I'm co-authoring this with none other than EducatedHomelessGuy (thanks btw) so there's probably gonna be some minor changes. Anyways, hope you support this story as well! 

TachimeSan out!

13