Crippled(1)
109 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

crippled(1)

 

After the battle, I dag entrance to stuff the creature inside my cave.

the entire ordeal strained me so by the time I finished stuffing the capot below the frost line, I was fast asleep.

 

 

After waking up I had to force myself to dig out the capot.  having no Idea what muscles I pulled I sat in my burrow with an unhinged jaw and a swollen stomach full of the creature and some stored ants.

 

[ status 

         Skills: (none)

         Traits: (twin of isles), (mind of logic), (Extreme selfishness),(Hibernate),(instinct)

          State of growth: Hatchling( 2 months till next stage)                  

                                   ]

though there wasn't a spot saying Theories in my status I assumed like everything else I just needed to focus my mind on finding it. 

[Theories

        Theories (incomplete): (destruction theory), (death theory)

        Theories (complete): (adaptation theory), (hunting theory)

                                   ] 

what does incomplete mean in this context?

 

 

[

         Incomplete: in the process of formation

                                                                                    ]

 

 

 

It seems the inheritance was a bunch of theories. most of the theories I obtained seem sinister, I wonder what type of theories my twin obtained. I open the therioes up skiming through what they say.

 

 

 

 

[ destruction theory (Incomplete) 

        Creator: 

           Teachings: 

(nothing is the thing which is most valuable.) 

(Show me all things empty and I shall show you failure.)

(Show me all things filled and I shall show you truth.)

(tell me you know what emptiness is I shall make you think your blind.)

 

Reason for incompletion:  Creator has destroyed remnants ]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[ death theory (incomplete)

             Creator: Mewdade

        Teachings:

(fear deaths grip on those around you)

(Fear death and you will love life)

( don't run but don't hide)

(to be free you must understand you will die)

(don't seek death else it will find you)

(you are death)

               

Reason for incompletion: creator's motivation died]

 

 

 

 

 

 

[hunting theory(complete)

              Creator: Ko

       Teachings:

(your prey is always with you don't chase it, entice it)

(your mind is the most powerful weapon)

(control the game and always be the Predator)

            

                                unlock requirement: kill 5 prey without actively attacking

 

                                Reward: (skill:Mind Magic)

                                                                                          ]

 

 

 

 

[adaptation theory(complete)

              Creator: cho

       Teachings:

(the world isn't yours don't expect it to bend to your whims)

(If you gain something at the expense of the earth, you are losing)  

            

                                unlock requirement: give your life to the planet

 

                                Reward: (skill:Earth magic)

                                                                                          ]

 

 

All of the theories seem to be connected to magic. magic would be nice but as in all things great there is a catch. such as to be smart you have to sacrifice your social life, to be wealthy you must sacrifice your happiness, to have a wife and a family you must sacrifice you ambitions, to have friends you must sacrifice your time. If magic truly exists in this world then its catch must be much worse than any of those.

 

I pull myself out of my burrow into the sunshine to speed up my digestion.

 

 lying on my side I observe many adult snakes erupting from the canopy

As I was about to rush into my burrow they seemed to block my escape and a horde of snakes seemed to appear.

they seemed to all be going in the same direction.

while trapped in my thought, I was pushed with the horde of snakes. I decided to follow them assuming that this was the seasonal mating spree.

I moved my achy body to follow the stampede, we crossed through the trees predators decided to avoid us because of our numbers.

We passed through a swath of dry decrepit land. 

 

[

         Horde skirmish has begun

    enemy horde approaching prepare strategy 

                                                                                     ]

 

 

"HISSS, HISSSSS, HISSSS" It seemed as if all the snakes had begun to hiss, At the edge of the land another horde of snakes popped out of the horizon.

 

"HISSS, HISSSS, HISSS"  all the snakes begun to stand up and charge towards each other.

this seemed to wildly differ from my assumption.

I push my way out of the charging serpents attempting to move towards a suitable resting spot where I can view the carnage but not be a part of it.

 out of the way of the skirmish of serpents and on a hilltop I observe as the multitude of  serpents seem like a wave of varying colors with an undertone of blood. If this was a painting it would have been deemed a masterpiece.

 

sitting on my seat I watch as the carnage unfolds some snakes are eating other snakes live, others slamming each others heads on the ground. One particularly Brutal fight was happening on the border of the main fighting was a cobra viciously ripping the eyes out of a constrictor, if you looked closely you could see a section of the optical cord coming out as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"RAWR" only when An tentacle monster with wings dropped down did the snakes stop and line up. I watched one by one as the snakes began to regurgitate their food, acid and all. Some of the serpents that didn't have food were cornered by a group of their own horde and ethier constricted or poisoned by their own comrades.

I looked on as the snakes brought eggs of unborn as well and smashed them the females seemingly in defense of the brood launched over to protect them only being sacrificed for the eldritch being in the process. the being was similar to cthulhu in a way.

The eldritch horror brought its looming band of tentacles down and seemed to suck up all the food along with the deceased serpents.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1