Chapter-2: Rebirth
140 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And here I am, feeling intoxicated without drinking. It's all due to this damn world hopping. And..... what's smell like rotten eggs. I need to close my smelling senses. But it feels so bland. Ok.... either way it's better now. It’s a bright new day and I want to sleep. 

But of course, life is way more important. If I don’t reach my host fast, I don’t know what might happen to his soul, it might fly away after dying. I don’t want to lose my copper token. Am I getting heartless over time? 

No... 

Now, can I close my sense of sight too? This seems to be quite a rotten place with jail bars, blood marks, and guard keepers. No doubt, my host must be a prisoner. It can be a jailor too. But I would prefer a good citizen who is wronged and jailed. Wouldn’t it be easy then? 

Enough with the guessing. 

Ok so right now the person with the most desire to be reincarnated comes from a prisoner. Seems my guess is correct. 

Woah.... he must be painful. 

In the innermost cell of the demon king's castle, you will find a youth whose hands are tied by a chain and is standing on a balancing platform. 

It is basically a wooden plank supported by a triangular piece underneath. One leg on each side. This triangular piece is further balanced on a rod, beneath which a boiling water kettle is placed. 

A person can survive in boiling water only for 3 min. As if it wasn’t good enough, his back is bleeding. Must be beaten while interrogation. 

Old methods are sure inhuman. 

(if you are wondering as to why a demon king came, into the cultivation world then, it's because the author wanted a mighty name for the villain 

I am speechless but he is soooo good at balancing. If I talk to him, will it surprise him? Maybe not, after all, it’s a cultivation world where voice transmission is normal. 

Prevention is better than cure. Let’s place a transparent lid over the kettle. 

078: Hi 

Inside the seemingly still prison cell. The youth lightly open his eyes. They appear to be inscrutable but deep inside hints of indignation could be found. His once youthful countenance was replaced by signs of aging. His face was impassive like nothing could affect him. 

The boiling water in the kettle beneath had a dark red color due to the drops of blood that rhythmically fall from his back. He was imprisoned because he tried to kill the demon king. 

Why couldn’t he kill him, he destroyed his family, his life, and his reason to live. If he could get just one more chance, he would definitely not be hasty in taking revenge. He would lay a deep thought-out plan and then slowly trap him. 

He has nothing to explain to the interrogators and was ready to die. Suddenly a mechanical voice rang in my ears. Was it a guard playing voice transition with me? 

But the more surprising thing was the sound of the blood drop mixing with the water below did not come this time. I guessed that it must be overshadowed by that ‘hi’. After all, it was my way of measuring time. 

But when I opened my eyes, I wasn’t greeted with the familiar ripples in water like I assumed but found that the blood drops that slid down my back had fallen on a transparent shield above the kettle. 

Who was brave enough to help me now? Can I still keep my life? He better not give me false hope. 

078: Hello, are you still listening? 

Zhang Yong: Who are you? 

078: Someone who can help you. 

Zhang Yong: What do you want? 

078: Tell me about your wish, 

Zhang Yong: I am not east to fool 

078: then I will reverse back time,  

Zhang Yong: Wait... 

078: I will give you missions in exchange for points, 

Zhang Yong: Can you first listen... 

078: which can be of great help. 

Zhang Yong: Hey... 

078: Any queries? 

Zhang Yong: ….... yes 

078:  What? 

Zhang Yong: ….... …. can you really reverse back time? 

078: Yes 

Zhang Yong: Don’t joke. 

078: ........ I am not 

Zhang Yong: proof 

078: Do you agree to my conditions? 

Zhang Yong: What are your conditions.... no leave it... take me back 

Zhang Yong: I will agree to anything 

Zhang Yong: No wait it's nothing bad is it? I won’t do immoral things. 

078: Missions are always legal and easy to do. I can promise. 

Zhang Yong: Then take me back. 

078: Here we go. 

Zhang Yong: Why is it black suddenly? 

078: It will take some time. 

Zhang Yong: Oooooooh 

For the youth who was still counting the time left before his death, it was a huge surprise that he was still alive. He had lived for more than 1200 years but never felt this dizzy. Moreover, his body had never felt this good since he had gotten injured during the supposed to be a friendly match for sect selection. 

The world he had grown up in was a large island. Historical books said that it was a small stone in an endless lotus lake that resides in heaven. So, this island was named lotus mainland. It consists of four sects, in reference to the four directions. We live in the eastern sect. 

The middle portion of the mainland is often described as a beautiful flower valley. Not many people had gone there. Only 1 out of 500 people that went there returns. They often say that it was so beautiful and comfortable down there that they never wanted to come back. 

All of these people will soon go crazy, always dreaming about the unforgettable landscape. It was always a mystery for common people, whether this place is good or bad. If it is so good why do people even return? To go crazy? 

I never knew when this mystery was solved and how. Even after living a whole life, I don’t know what's in there. It's just that the sect leaders must know it and wanted to gain it. 

It was all because of the fact, that each sect wanted to own this place which resulted in the sect wars. Which in turn destroyed our peaceful lives. 

078: Umm... can you tell me about yourself? 

Zhang Yong: You... don’t know me? 

078: I know that you are Zhang Yong.  

078: Does it count? 

Zhang Yong: …. 

078: I mean I can check your memories but it would be impolite 

Zhang Yong: … yeah 

078: So, go on... … 

A certain someone who still considers himself to be a youth despite living 1200 years was going to tell the story of his life. But just as he opened his mouth he noticed his new surroundings. He seemed to lay on a comfortable bed facing the ceiling.  

It felt so familiar just like his natal home. Overcome with nostalgia, he was barely able to keep his tears. But he was frozen as he lifted his hands. They were so small! 

Zhang Yong: What is this? 

078: What? 

Zhang Yong: Why I am so small? 

078: Because you are a newborn. 

Zhang Yong: What? 

078: Newborn…... it means a baby. 

Zhang Yong: I know. 

078: That’s great. 

Zhang Yong: And why I am so sleepy? 

078: Because you want to sleep. 

Zhang Yong: You.... 

Looks like he slept. After all, he is just a day old. Let's wait for him to wake up. 

Two hours later. 

I will just check his memories real-quick. Either way, babies sleep for long hours. 

4