Chapter 3: Impulsive Action
35 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note*: This took four hours to edit so enjoy!


Chapter 3: Impulsive Action

Falling asleep tonight i had another strange dream or was it a Vision like before? Well what ever it was, it placed me on top of an mountian range.

For miles i could only see snow and the night sky's boundless stretches. I was cold, unbearably cold, like before, like that day i died, my hands quickly froze over, cover in a layer of frost. I kept a what little night clothes i had on, but it meant little infront of this imposing force, my leg weakened and i dropped to the snow feeling the muscles in my legs snap.

Kneeling in the snow, my sense of pain and cold were ripped away, my body didn't have anything to say anymore, every part of me know i was going to die. So it will let me die in comfort.

Just than a figure appear infront of me, no it was their long before i noticed.

With long glittering hair flowed with the night currents, a beautiful face with dashing gray cold eyes that seem to cast judgment upon me, she sat cross legged on a small rock at the peak of the mountain and as i look at her speakless, she spoke.

The voice wasn't from a woman, but a man, he open his mouth and said the finale word i hear "disappear"

I was startled when i woke up, jumping up from the bed, all my hair stood on edge, the icy cold air seemed to still linger beneath my skin.

"A-an dream?" I couldn't help but question whether that was all a dream or another Vision.

I look at my body seeing all was fine, nothing changed, nothing gone. I let out a sigh and fell back on the bed, i didn't sleep anymore that night because that dream had deepen a scar and any more dreams about the cold may cause me to develop an eternal fear of it.

****

During the morning Mother took us out on the beach after breakfast, but she seem rather worried about me and approached me with "Silver are you okay?"

"It nothing Mother, iam just tired" i said brushing the small darkness under my eyes.

"Okay than" she still seem conflicted on whether to leave me alone or stay, feeling her worries i decided to change the topic to distract her worried mind.

"Mother can you teach me about the world? Their seem to be something call Monster in the world, what's the difference between them and ordinary animal's?" I knew a bit of Monster's from books but only the basic of them.

It would be more beneficial to learn from somewho who actually experienced these animal's before rather than just from old books.

"Monster's, did you have trouble sleeping because you've been reading that Survivors Guide or that Monster 101 book?" If it makes you less weary than-.

"Yes, but could you elaborate on them more?"

"Than i will, but this will be important lesson for not just you but the girls so i'll start form the basics if that's okay" she went down the dune and called over Aqua and Scarlet who were playing around with their Mana.

Yesterday before the sparring, Mother taught us how to convert Mana into Elements. To beable to covert Mana into an Element all depends on your quality of Mana, the quality of Mana seem to be the deciding factor in ones mastery over Magic.

Everyone's Mana is Unique, like fingerprints, a professional Mage can accurately tell the difference between other Mage's just by their Mana.

Their is two types of Magical Talent, Quality and Quantity, but unlike normal where it's heavily debated which one is better, for Magic it was obvious, Quality the winner by a long shot.

Quantity is simple, how much Mana your Magic Organ can produce. It can aid in learning spells because you can practice more often but it pails to Quality's versatility. Quality is not just how efficient your Mana is at transforming into Elements, but what Elements you can actually produce.

Take this, if you have an tree covered mountain, with greater Quantity Magical Talent you will beable to turn the forest on the mountain barren with fire magic, but if your Quality is greater, you'll beable to use that same fire spell and turn a large part of that mountain to ash, including the mountain itself.

Another great example is Aqua's and Scarlet's fire attribute, both have it but they are on different sides of the spectrum. Aqua could turn the mountain into a living hellscape while Scarlet can just turn the whole thing into ash.

Now second reason Quality is better was their affinity with an Element.

First their are a few Element's that Mana can transform into. The main one are the 'Basic' and 'Advance Elements', 'Basic Elements' consiste of <Fire>, <Water>, <Wind> and <Ground>, they are all common amongst Mages, that's why it's call Basics.

What's special about Basic Elements are they can awaken into 'Advance Elements'.

<Fire> to <Lightning>, <Ice>, <light>, <Non-Attribute> or <Advance Fire>.

<Water> to <Ice>, <Inferior Wind> or <Advance Water>

<Wind> can turn to <Sound> or <Non-Attribute>

Last <Ground> to <Gravity>, <Metal> and <Advance Ground>.

The one who taught me this was Mother but i didn't get the chance to ask more about the <Advance> Advance of the Basic Elements because Father and Tommy interpreted with swordsmanship training for me and Scarlet before than going off toward to get more equipment while Mother went to get dinner.

Luckily Mother explained more about Quality, like i stated, Attributes depend on Quality, the higher Quality ones Mana was, the more likely you have multiple Attributes. Not only that, everyone's Mana seems to like an Element over another, like take Scarlet.

She has two Attributes, Fire and Illusion ,which seem to be a rare Attribute to have. If Mana Attributes were like a game where you can divide your stat at the beginning of a game, Scarlet would be the one to put all her points into one thing, which is Fire Magic, than after maxing it out have an extra leftover point which she put in Illusion.

Aqua on the other hand was more balanced, she was fairly talented in both Fire and Water, but she seem to slightly favor Water.

But it seems to make up for the gap in Fire talent, Aqua was blessed with Quantity as much as Quality meaning she has much more Mana than Scarlet and in turn, be able to slowly melt away the mountain.

Than it seem the world want to balance the two and persent Scarlet with extraordinary talent in close quarters combat. It would be more accurate to view Aqua as the glass cannon mage and Scarlet as the balance magical swordsman or woman.

Than between the two was me, it wouldn't be an wrong to call my Mana pointless to the two, because their is something call the Superior Mana Rule which stated in a Mage fight, Quality was everything. If you have higher Quality Mana than the opponent, that opponent's Mana will be suppressed and be harder to control and muster out.

Put it simply, it scares the inferior ones, but if the lower Quality person has a big enough Mana Pool than it can overturn it. Now take me an average Quality and Quantity person going against Scarlet who's Mana can make my Mana want to hide itself inside for the rest of it's life, not only that, Scarlet also has alot of Mana, more than i have at least.

Aqua is bullshit in magic, their's no other eay i can put it. She has what almost seem to be an infinite amount of Mana and can use all Elements, and i can assume half of those would have as high Attribute Fire. The only way i can win against someone like her was my half decents swordsmanship but that still pales to Scarlet's talent, i learned this first hand yesterday.

Talking about the two, Mother call them over and they came running over to the dune where i was on and sat together on the dune as if they were about to watch an movie. Mother cleared her throat preparing to lecture us on about Monster's.

"As you three know, in Sif their are animal's labelled as Monster's, can you three tell me why?" The two including me shook our heads, Monster 101 never talked on why Monster are Monster, just facts about them such as reproduction and migration cycles. "Well it's because of the Mana inside them" Mother asnwers for us.

so Mana creates Monster, is that why their are no Monster on Earth? Because their was no persent Mana?

"Even though cows and pigs have Mana inside them like every animal, do you know why they aren't labelled as Monster?"

"Because they taste great!" Scarlet blurted.

"Good try but incorrect, in fact Monster meat taste even better bacause their are more abundant Mana inside them, oops i just blurted the answers!" ah so once an animal has reached a level of Mana above a certain level they are called Monsters?

"What about Mages?!" Aqua ask her own question and it seems rather interesting at that "Mages have Mana! Why arn't they called Monsters?!" Do you want to be called an Monster Aqua?

"That's because the Mana Human's, Dwarfs and Elfs hold are entirely different from normal, what distinguishes us from normal animals are our Magic Organ" our Magic Organ? I imagine a level of intelligence would be required but it seems Mana is really the deceiving factor. "Unlike other races, Monsters have a distinctly different Magic Organ, instead of the Magic Organ being a sub organ, for Monsters it's as important as their heart, or should i say it is their heart" their heart? Was their Magic Organ related to the heart or circuitry system?

Mother than went on to explain "In every Monster their Magic Organ is infused with their heart, that's what classifies something between a Race and a Monster"

"Infused?" I question.

"Yes, their heart is essentially a Magic Organ, but unlike us, they can't control it and can't use Magic either, well unless it's highly intelligent" so that's why some Monster's can use magic while other's can't, no wounder the intelligence stat in the books was ranked as the most important stat. Mother turn to me and ask "Silver would you allow me to use that monster book tomorrow?"

Monster 101?

"Yes? Should i go get it?" I ask bewildered by what she meant 'tomorrow'. Was the lesson over?

"No no, your dad and his friends are back with the new equipment so todays small lecture is over"

Ah and it was just getting to the good stuff.

"Dad?!" Aqua hearing Father was going to be here soon jumped up and ran up the dune to greet them while i just turn around to watch. "Dad, Dad!" She frantically shouted to get his attention.

Father just got back from Tommy's workshop and with him was the Dwarf himself, Tommy. They were carrying some boxes with more wooden weapons than before, even a bow, spear and gauntlet, all made of wood.

"What is it Aqua?" Father kneel down and place the box on his knees before rubbing Aqua's hair "need something from your papa?"

"Dad i want to play with swords as well!"

"Ah" Dad must be surprised. Aqua seem like one of those indoor people that wear glasses and read books all day when they grow up so this was a new side of her.

I've never seem her fight between me and Scarlet but from when she had a hard time picking up one of the wood sword, i can say she is pretty weak compared to Scarlet. She was more of the mage type i would imagine, weak, feral but have large destructive spells, a glass cannon.

"May i ask why?" Father ask.

"Because Sil and Scarlet is having so much fun with it! I want to have fun as well!"

Fun? How was getting beated around fun for me?

"Hm" Father gave it a thought before gasping her shoulders "let's give it a try, but if you are worse than Silver or Scarlet, don't be disappointed okay?"

"Yes!"

"Good!"

After getting Father's approval, Aqua turn around to Scarlet who was beside me. Scarlet have her a thumbs up which made me think this was her idea in the frist place.

Father than went down to the shore to put down the box and Tommy stepped follow to also put the box of weapon down. "Okay you'll brats i've perpare- io! Listen you freak's!"

As soon as Tommy started talking Scarlet had already layed eye on a sword in the box that Tommy had dropped. She ran to it and picked it up before saying "thanks Uncle Tommy!"

"You!" When i thought he was about to blow, he calmed himself down and let out a sigh "damn brat, anyways i prepared these for your training, if you need anything repaired or made, as long as your not tying to cheat me off, i'll do it for free"

"Thank you Uncle Tommy" i thanked him for his generosity and tolerance with us.

"I expect that gratitude back later!" I nodded "now here!"

He waved for us to come over and get a weapon but as i went to pick up a nicely made wooden sword, Tommy stopped me.

"Hey Brat" he said "pick something else"

"May i ask why?" Was their something about it?

"It doesn't fit you" fit?

"I think iam doing just fine wielding it"

"Well i don't care! Fine something that feels better to you!" Feels better?

"Okay?" I back off from the sword and went looking for one that 'feels better'.

What would make a sword better? Easier to swing? Lighter than?

I did have a problem with the tip of the sword before being too heavy for me and hindrance my ability to block incoming attacks, maybe a sword with a thinner blade but also more flexible? Was there a rapier?

It was the first thing i think of so i went searching for a rapier but someone got to it first. Aqua had picked up the rapier and was tying swinging it around and went to show Mother who just told her to not swing it wildly with a smile.

I let out a sigh and found the nearest thing to a rapier, something called an basket, base sword something? I wasn't a sword expert so i couldn't just see a sword and admittedly classify it.

The blade was a bit bigger than what i was looking for but bacause the guard is on the handle, it felt balanced and when i went to swing it, felt light enough.

Twirling it within my palm was easy so i grabbed it on it's last go around and slammed it into the box where it came from.

Than stalking me from behind Tommy surprised me with an aggressive smile, well i knew he was following but just out of sight "it seems you found it something that suits you" he said while watching me play around with the sword and stroking his beard.

"Yes" i replied taking a closer look at the blade. It seem a bit broad on either side but all of that sharpness seem to be located at the tip "was this made for piercing?" I ask Tommy.

He nodded "the edge can be used to cut but on a dumbass would use these type of swords to slice"

I see.

Raising the sword to my cheek and taking a stance, i thurst and retreated it back so fast i almost didn't catch it.

The sword felt good within my hand, it felt like it was a part of me. Still the sword wasn't the thing my mind was focused on, it was the thrust itself.

It was so natural, from the thrust to my body's moment it was as if i had done it millions of time and perfected it, but where did that muscle memory come from.

Before i wasn't really fond of stabbing with the pervious sword and i never seen a proper thrust on Earth and even on Sif the two that used it on me, Scarlet and Father, there was setbacks. Scarlet was inexperienced with it and would rather slash, Father, i only had two mock battle with him, in them he only used it once and i couldn't even see him do it.

How i copy arts depend on how much i can disect from a set of picture, i've become proficient in it, being able to tell which muscles are being used and than reenacting it with my own body. It's hard to control certain muscles without muscle memory so i still need to practice it for sometime before being able to fully comperhand it.

The thrust before was different, it felt too naturally, too familiar. Was it a fluke of luck that i performed that way? Should i try it again?

As i was raising thr sword again Tommy beside me ask "What are you doing brat?"

To be honest i don't know either so i just answer with "Something".

Again i shot the sword out and in a blank of an eye before retreating it but than something kicked in and as my hand return, it shot out again with unpredicted accuracy and speed. The spot the tip stopped was excitedly where the pervious tip stopped and not only that, it was faster than the first strike, that if it wasn't my arm that was carrying out the action i wouldn't have notice i carried out another strike.

On it's return my arm was yet again going for another one but i quickly got ahold of my right arm and held the sword down before it randomly fires off again. I let out a breath before my arm started to feel sore, looking at my right arm i wounder what that was.

Pure instincts or something else?

"Io Brat explain what you just did" the dwarf who watched with glued eyes demanded.

"Something..." that was the best i could answer, "it-, i don't clearly know myself, it just happened"

"Hm" Tommy stroked his beard and made an wild guess "maybe it was another Skill" another Skill?

"I doubt i have more than one" how rare was it to have more than one Skill? Iam sure i can go the whole of the country and find only 2 people that has more than one Skill.

Tommy grabbed my shoulder "brat, don't doubt yourself too fast" he picked up another weapon, a dagger from the box and handed it to me "try it"

I didn't know what Tommy was thinking but i drop the wooden basket handle sword and held the dagger in my left since my right was still recovering.

As i was constpating on what i should try doing, Tommy had gotten another object, an shield made of hid and wood mix with steel on the edge.

He held it infront of me and told me "hit me with your best shot brat!" I see, i ready the dagger and let out an halfass slash without any effort, but than.

A halfass slash?

Letting off that random slash, it came off faster and stonger than i expected to, being able to send a shockwave that shook Tommy and not all laws of the world can be ignored just because this is Sif. When i hit the shield it resonated throughout my left arm so much that right after i completed the swing my hand was too numb to hold the dagger, letting it go flying into the air and hit Scarlet who was had been intrigued in what we were doing and watching us, luckily it was the helt that hit her forhead and she mericly was still standing.

Her forhead was red but that was it, well for her, as for me "Sil!" She yelled at me.

Oops "sorry Scarlet!" As i try to apologize, she was running over with a bit of water in her eyes and when she got to me, started pinching my cheeks.

Tommy wasn't any help as he was looking at the front of the shield that i hit, nodding to himself.

What are you doing Uncle Tommy! Help me! I shouted to him in my head as i was being lifted up by my reded cheeks. "That hurt you know?!" Scarlet expressed.

"I knuow aen iiam suorrey!" I said.

She puff her mouth and drop me down before looking at me rubbing my red cheeks "than go out with us after training" play?

Do they mean visiting the other neighbors?

For the pass two days since we were let out, Scarlet has been leading Aqua around the Village introducing the locales to her. I myself didn't go out with them because i wanted to wonder the forest to experience that feeling of freedom.

But accompanying them for the afternoon is not a big problem and i should get to know the people around "sure" i answer.

"Great!" Scarlet was delighted to hear that and ran to Aqua who was trying to swing the rapier to tell her the news.

"Corl i'll be borrow this brat for the rest of training!" Tommy who finish his thoughts shouted to Father while he was encouraging Aqua to do her best in swinging.

Father looked at us and questions "the reason?"

"Do i need at state my reason?!" He answers before running through the box again to pull out an folded contraption? Was that a bow? Along with that small arrow for my size.

Father looked worried but he nodded to me and just told my to not do anything too dangerous with Tommy to which Tommy just scoffs it off and told me to follow his command.

By now i can guess what he was tying to do, he was seeing what this body of mys can really do. From the dagger and sword it seem that i have a nack for weapons, but that brought up a question for me.

Before when i was dualing with Scarlet or anyone else, why didn't it kick in before today?

Maybe it has to do with muscle memory and copying. In those fight i focus so much on caring out moves i mimicked or planned out, in those fights i tryed to always predict and carry out future moves before hand.

Back than i didn't give it a chance to activate, my stance wasn't organized under pressure and i was over riding the muscle memory. I see now but some times it did come out iam sure i just didn't notice, iam sure back when i was fighting Father the only way i could of have caught up to his movement was because of this.

Right now i have three ways of fight, this new one included. First was precognition that allow me to predict and react to the opponent's attack, the other copying or mimicry or what you could call using techniques.

My fighting style revolves around taking advantage precognition than using an copied move to block and counter attack. For most of the fight iam mostly passively waiting for my opponent to attack first, that's because i don't really know many move to attack with.

Priorities safety over everything was something you learn when you go into a field where a small misstep can cost you an arm or your life, but i realize while fighting that being passive won't win me a fight, i have to attack.

"Hey!" In thought i lost track of what was happening around me but a sudden hit on the head made me come back to reality.

"Sorry i was thinking about something" i told Tommy while rubbing my head.

"Think after!" After shouting at me he pointed to an random apple that has been placed on an overturned box in the middle of the the field, than he handed me an wooden arrow and said "don't miss"

I nodded and place the arrow on the string and raise it up than i ask "How?"

"How?! Shot the bow!"

"I know but can i even do that?!" My problem was with my weak five year old arms i could hardly pull the string back. Even with all my might i can only pull it back halfway before i have to let go.

"How weak are you Humans?!" He yelled before going to the pile of weapons dumped out and pulled out an crossbow and another arrow. He place it in the crossbow and pulled it back before handing it to me. "Here! Now don't disappoint me!"

I'll try not to.

I pulled it up aimed it right at the apple. Than i remember, this was an wooden crossbow that was made for children, not the real thing, meaning it won't have that fast precise hit that modern crossbows on Earth would.

Realizing that i raise it higher till i saw fit which seem a little high but, ah i forgot the wind. Wasn't blowing much but the arrow will still be effected by it.

After readjusting everything i fire and it actually hits, well not the apple but flew right behind it and scraped the stem before hit the the box. Shit iam going to get hit.

I can feel the hand incoming even without turning around.

Bump, hm?

It wasn't a hard knuckle to the head but an soft handing on the shoulder with an hard grab.

I look confusedly at Tommy who just ask "you sure you never worked an crossbow before?"

"Yes?" I've been to shooting ranges brought to by my wife a few times, but those were bows and guns, never crossbows. Unless crossbow can be classified as bowmanship than never.

Maybe i have a nack for range weapons as well? Tacking distance and recording data is what my photographic memory is all about and in a game of numbers and perdictions, iam best at.

This ability is a really underrated, i can actually master anything if demonstrated a few times. Still it seems natural talent also comes into play, i was a rather gifted individual on Earth with an IQ above average.

If i wanted to be, i can be a walking talking library, but what's the fun in knowing everything?

Do i rule over others just because i know more?

If i didn't have the excitement of the feeling of working things out myself, than i would be as good as an moron who let's everything be answered for them. At worst maybe even a empty doll that only answers questions and questions their very existence.

I've learn that abilities and talent can be double edge swords that can rip you from those around you, make you have a false feeling of arrogance.

It was a stroke of luck i enlighten myself before all went downhill. Sure i could of have all the wanted but i would be no more than an piece in someone elses game and i would never be able to live knowing i can't even control my own life.

It was when i was entering collage, my wife followed me into the school and classes. We always had at less one class together and we're always in the same school so when i saw her in a class on the frist day, i said to her:

"I wonder why we are always in the same class"

It was sudden but it just popped in my head one day. It couldn't be by pure chance, before i always thought it was fate that brought us together.

That day she must of heard my question and had called me out into the wood. I thought nothing of it at frist, we took walks together before but this was a bit sudden, back than i was too dumb to realize the clues.

It was as we were taking a walk she confessed to me. I was taken aback when i heard those words, but not in the usual way, it was relief. Relief that she was welling to stay by myside even for a person like me back than.

Funny thing, even though i was a genius in school and alot of other things, i had no friends. I was too out of the ordinary that no one would approach me, that was expect her.

I grew up on a farm, far away from anywhere. I was an only child with no other children to play with, than one day a rather well off family decided to buy an land next to ours.

They were only there for the summers and during those summer the family got to know them. The family used to be a owner of an large but soid it at a high price and decided to live an retired lifestyle with the money they had.

An rather old couple now that i look back, but they had a rather younge and mischievous little girl. She was an only child as well, with pure white flowing hair and red ruby like eyes as well as beautiful white skin.

Maybe it was just me but i seem to be more attracted to albino people. Just something about their pure color captives me.

To say the least, it was like love at first sight, but i never acted on those feelings. Later during middle and high school these feeling would be hidden deep within me, until that day she confessed to me.

Ofcourse i couldn't reject, so i made a promise:

"Until time permits, let our time reach entirety"

After that we hit it off, made great memories, got caught many by her father, great times. Oh yea, something did happen the day after that's more serious.

I got recruited by the government, but i rejected the proposal even though it was a rather great one. I still remember the content, a spy.

They wanted me to be their spy, i was perfect for it, intelligent, clever and can remember anything to the pitch.

If the confession in the wood never happened before, i was sure i would of have joined, but the thought to just leaving after everything between us will suerly break me. Even now i want to be with her.

Wait for me, i'll come home, my love.

****

"What?!" In an workshop just outside of the village i was being stopped by Scarlet from helping Tommy move some ore's. Wasn't alot lf ores in my hands but it was the best i can do.

"Like i said Scarlet, sorry, Uncle Tommy ask me to help organize his place" i already explained it multiple times but it wouldn't go through her head.

"You promised you'd play with us!" Aqua was also taking part in this.

"Tomorrow okay?"

"No! Today! I promise Aunty Qunii I'd bring you!" Aqua whines.

Qunii, wasn't she that old elf? The one with that flaming cat and before fed cookies to Aqua in secret?

I've talked to her before, rare but it happens when i catch her feeding Aqua though an window.

A nice lady, kind and loves children's. Elf's were suppose to live long lives so i expect the first elf i would meet would be younge but she was rather old, her age seems like she's about to be at the end of her time, but for an elf that should still be a few more decades.

I do want to see and talk to her but i need to help Tommy.

"Aqua, Scarlet, tomorrow i promise with all my heart, i will go around the village with you two, just not today"

Scarlet doesn't believe that's enough and made another proposal "than tomorrow listen to everything we say!"

Their children's right? Any of their request wouldn't be too bad "okay than"

"If you don't i'll eat all your food!" Aqua threatens.

I don't eat much anyways "sure sure" i nodded and sent them off.

Watching them walk to town i let out a sigh before an angry voice calls for me "Brat get back here!" I let out a bigger sigh and walked into the dwarfs living room.

Tommy's house was made up of two major parts, the living and workshop. The workshop is where i expect a garage would be, there were two entrance to the house.

One was through the workshop where i was moving things, the entrance had no door, just an open wall with an arch. Inside that garage was larger than the house. Objects, tools, ores, steel and wood layed everywhere when i first came in, now with my help all the tools and some of the metals are put away.

But with the call of Tommy, i skipped pass them and went into the main living house. Their were two door into the living quarters, one in the front and one that connects the workshop and living quarters.

In the living room i see Tommy sitting at an empty table. "What are you fucking standing there for?! Waiting for me to drag your ass over?!"

He talks with vigor words and ways, but he's just one of those types that can't hold his mouth and i kind of like those types, true to their hearts.

"Those girls are gone right?" He ask me.

"Yes Uncle Tommy" i answer seating down across from him.

"Bless the gods i can finally open my mouth!" Were you put on a stick by Mother or Father so you wouldn't curse infront of Aqua?

"Was that why you were speaking so little?"

"Every basturds and their mothers know dwarfs have an unique taste in words like beer" saying that he picked up an mug and went to an wall lined with barrels.

On one of the barrels an tap was stuck in. Tommy flick the tap up and an stream of purple liquid runs out. It first i thought it was beer so it would fit the stereo type of drunken dwarfs but it seems it's something else.

He walks back over and slams the mug into the table "ah! Beer, the life blood for us Dwarfs!"

Hm, yea, i thought too soon. What an suddle difference in color of beer, truly it's not the big things that signifies the change in worlds but the small suddle ones.

Watching Tommy chug it down like water made me feel drunk. I usually don't drink since it hampers me during work but i do drink with iam home, still their were always an bottle of champagne laying around the house somewhere, not my's by my wife's.

She's rather a big drinker and was rather fond of getting both of us drunk. I just hope Tommy doesn't try to make an 5 year old drink beer.

"Want some?" He ask seeing my concern expression over his drinking habits.

"No" i answer bluntly, but i do want to know why you call me? "Can i ask why you call me in?" Their is still work to do in the workshop.

Was this why the place was so dirty? Because Tommy would rather drink than clean?

"Oh, right" his voice calmed down, different from that normal loud and aggressive one. A more soft and deep one, a voice you hear when an conversation becomes serious. "Who are you?"

Play dumb? That isn't going to work against Tommy, should i be out with it and hope for the best?

"How long have you known?" I ask.

"Since you first use an Skill" the Skill gave it away? "Skill may come natutally to people of this world, but they are rare, in fact, it's more likely Skill holders are Travellers than natives" are Skill holders more likely to get transported to another world? Iam sure Skills are just as rare on Earth. "So tell me, who are you"

I hesitated but i told him my name, "i'am Carnell Sky"

"Sky, i see, tell me more about yourself, Sky"

I nodded and told him my life, from the day i was born to that day i drown up in the snowly mountains. Ofcourse i skip parts, Tommy doesn't want or have to know about my first date or drink.

After listening he nodded and muttered something before changing the topic "your rather talented in weapon usage arn't you Sky?"

"It was just as surprising for me as it is for you" weapons arn't my specialty it never was.

Maybe their were was another way to explain the technique being used. Than i thought of something and ask Tommy "when someone crosses world, they gain a Skill right?"

"That's correct, for Reincarnated like you, it's almost certaint, but isn't that photographic memory of yours the ability you gain?"

"No, i had it from the very beginning" so this explains it, "it seems i have gain another Skill than" weapon mastery or something like that.

Now that i think about it, Scarlet also have an Skill with similar effect. Atless i even the board a bit with her in combat, still unfair as hell.

"You damn lucky arn't you Sky!" Tommy shouted before chugging his last drop. Wipping his mouth he gave out an loud burp, than after he got up and told me "i heard from Darwin your looking for a way back home"

That guy ratted me out!

"Calm down Sky, he only told me about it since i was the only person selfless enough to ask for help" he said while walking into another room and coming out with nothing?

He came back and than placed something on the table an small eyeball size ore or should i say gem and started to speak "this ore is called Mages Greed"

A befitting name for such an beautiful gem, iam sure not just Mages would be after this gem, but why is such a thing here with Tommy?

But "why?" Why do you have such a thing? Why are you telling me this? How did the conversation jump from world travel to gem?

Unless "it seems you realized, Mages Greed's are one of the highest ranking Magic Ore in existence"

That's-, before that "what's the difference between an Magic Ore and Magic Crystal?"

To my question Tommy stop and stare at me. What? I know Magic Crystal's monsters magic core but Magic Ore? Iam can make a good guess it's found naturally, but what makes them better than Magic Crystal's?

"I take back every fucking compliment i gave you!" Yelling that he sent an hard knuckle down on my head.

He cleared he throat and started to explain "Magic Ore are far superior to Magic Crystal's! Every goddamn Elf, Human, Dwarf, Beastkin, Sprite or God seek them!

"They go by many names! Mage's Greed is only one of them, King's Gold! Present's Treasure! God's Gift! Monster's Key! No living bipedal creature can not know of these world sent Ore's!"

Are you teaching or preaching to me?

I slowly nodded "very important, got it, but why do you have one?" If they are that valiable, why does an random Dwarf in an random village have one?

"Let me tell you this" saying that he rub his nose and made a big grin "after an Dwarven blacksmith reach a certain level in craftsmanship, they will be rewarded with an Nickname like Nobles in the human world and be blessed with one of these beauty's"

I see, "you must be an great blacksmith than to have a Nickname, can i know what it is?"

"The Hands Of God!"

...

...

...

That- kind of, um, how do i put it, cringe.

Well Tommy doesn't seem to believe that and was proudly barking about it as well as laughing also happily.

"So, why did you show me this?" I finally ask, why show me such thing?

He stop laughing and clear his thoat with another chug of beer "to achieve your dreams of returning home, these beauty are the key, the only thing powerful enough to create the Gate you want" what?

These thing the size of an eyeball can create wormholes? How? Do they really hold that much power?

Baffled about how such an small thing allow such an almost impossible task Tommy continues talking "ofcourse don't expect much form this small one, if you want to achieve an successful Gate you'll need something called The World's Heart"

"The World's Heart?"

"Correct, The World's Heart only appear once within an Magic Ore Vain and seeing how their are only 3 know Magic Ore Vain and 2 had already been used for that exact reason, you only have one chance"

I could help but jump up, i need to get my hand on it before they perform another one, if i don't, i'll forever be stuck here.

"Calm down Sky, the country that hold it is called Aspen Kingdom, a Beastkin nation to the west. It's an small country but no counrty would risk attack them because of their King"

"King?" Was the man an mad man or known for being powerful?

"Yes, Aimes The Great, for 600 years he had lead Aspen to live in a golden age, he is a man you don't want to offend" 600 years?

Can Beastkin's live for that long? "But you said he hold the last World's Heart, if that's the case some people are still willing to take the risk of offending him-"

"Sky" he grab my shoulders and shook me "i know you want The World's Heart but let me ask you, do you want to be the enemy of an God?"

"He's a god?"

"Basically, but that Aimes rejected the Ascension to rule his kingdom that he build from the ground up" what an man, abandoning divinity for those you lead. "So you understand Sky! Don't do anything funny infront of him if you do walk down this path!"

The worry was showing on his face, was this why he showed this to me? To warn me of how dangerous my dream is?

"Yes" but "even so i have to get that Heart, thanks Uncle Tommy, your words will be heeded"

Seeing my resolution Tommy let out an sad sigh "well i can't stop you brat from doing anything retarded, well not with this hag of an body now" taking another sip he ask me something "if mercies are true and you gain access to a vain, give me some Magic Ore's this one had run dry of most of it's power and can never make an Masterpiece"

"If i ever get my hand on an abundant supply of these, i promise i'll send you alot"

"That's a promise! Don't leave before you see my Masterpiece got it! If you don't see the Masterpiece you help make than i can never die peacefully!" Yes yes.

"I vow frorm the depth of my heart, i'll see through the whole process" i reassure him, it was the least i would do to thank him for not telling Mother and Father aswell as for the casual information.

"Good now go! You won't want to be the pig of those girls do you!" Wait was he kicking me out?

"What about cleaning up?"

"I can do that by myself now start skipping!"

Um okay?

****

After Carnell had said his farewell and went to find Aqua and Scarlet, Tommy was left at the table in deep thought. Taking another sip he ask the two in the back room "crazy don't you say?"

From the inner room Corl and Anny stepped out letting out an huge sigh.

"I feel bad for lying to Silver" Anny express her displeasure in deceiving her own son.

"Not our usual way but we have no choice" Corl said taking a seat next to where Carnell had taken down.

Tommy hearing that scoffs "not your usual way, if you weren't always that way you two wouldn't be here" Corl didn't know if Tommy was spitting him or not, but the family being here wasn't his idea, but rather fates and Anny's.

"I know" Corl admits "but life here turn out better than i thought"

Anny the one who forced Corl to move here smiles "i told you didn't i Corl? Everything turn out fine just as i said"

Corl seeing that if this conversation kept going they will only keep pointing out his incompetency with creating plans and quicky changed the topic "What about Silver?"

"Well i pray to god he takes after you" Tommy said making Corl cough out pure pain.

"He's already taken after his Father's battle enthusiasm"

"You seen that barts smile, it reminded me of a devil's!"

"Okay that is not from me!" Corl shouted.

When he said that, an shiver was sent up his back. Behind him an hand grabbed his shoulder "than who did it come from?"

Sweat started to drip from Corl's head as he turn to see Anny's rather large angry smile.


"M-me ofcourse!" He lied, anyone could see the similarity between the Mother and Son smile but Corl, let's say doesn't want to be ridden to the edge of Sif again. "A-and it's such a loving smile! Full of passion and joy! Definitely not full of blood l-"

A quick twist on the ear stopped Corl in his praise and pleading for mercy.

Watching how one of his only friends here was being held down by his own wife, Tommy had an worry expression not for Corl but for Carnell. "I hope that brat has half an spine to stand up to an woman in the future"

To him it would be a shame to let an talented boy like Carnell to just run to deaths gates, maybe it would be better if he was more like his father than.


He truly felt pity for Carnell, an man, no, a boy with an dream to reunite with his family, but so long until he finds out the truth

Extra Notes*

Bruh i'am causing my phone to lag like hell by just posting this much.

Next chapter iam going to have to split in two and if future chapter get any longer iam going to have to do the same.

Ps. Typing with the lag this lag is painfully slow and the words jump around so i can hardly do these notes without hurting my brain or getting frustrated.

1