Chapter 4 part 1: Key To All: ???
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 part 1: Key To All: ???

*I know this isn't Friday but enjoy becauce i finish editing it early!

*Also i wanted to get my frustration out on the fact that i got shit rolls in Genshin out by drowning my swore out with painful edits where i question whether i can even write.

"You still live?" Back on a frozen mountain top, the cold voice ask me again.

I wanted to reply but my lips were frozen shut, unmovable and in pain. Not just my lips, every part of me was subcoming to frostbite and hypothermia.

Why was this happening to me?

Was my fear of death by snow showering my dreams?

Than was that man my personification of snow, or death?

Again today when i slipped into sleep i found myself on this same mountain but unlike last time i knew this was an dream, an painful one.

But knowing it was just a dream brought relief to my forzen heart as i close my eyes and subcome to hypothermia.

I woke up on the bed staring at the ceiling which was dyed the color of yellow by the rising sun.

That was a quick night, i thought to myself.

It felt as if i just skipped an whole night, but i don't feel tire or even sore. Normally i would stretch and yawn to get the day started but that seem unnecessary today.

Hopping off the bed and setting foot on the cold ground an headache assaulted me before making me lightheaded. It was like i just had an hang over than quickly recovered when my body realized their was no actually alchohol in my blood stream.

I even have a hard time recalling yesterday.

Oh that's right, the promise i made, damn those two.

After i said thanks to Tommy i ran to find the two girls to nall the promise where i had to listen to them.

When i was coming to them, they had other plans and started running away from me. I was confused for a moment before realizing what they were tying to do:

By running away i can't 'go out' with them and have to do it tomorrow, making that promise go into action and iam their dog for the whole day.

How it turned out was when i was about to catch Aqua which was dying after running for a few second, as my scapegoat was in reach, Scarlet picked her up and used Aura to bolt away.

No way i catching up to Scarlet in that state and i don't even know where they were going, so i gave up the chase and went on my own trip around town.

But i only got as far as one build, it was called Wild Treats and was owned by Darwin and his wife Martha, no they weren't married just an couple for more than 20 years.

He must of have known what probably went down when he saw Tommy and me walking to the workshop and said sorry by giving me an free meal.

I expected it to be an somewhat fancy meal but i didn't expect it to be an serving of sushi. I didn't even know they had sushi in this world, but in reality they didn't until a few years ago when someone from Earth, cough, Shin, cough, gave the idea to Darwin.

I wonder of Darwin has the recipe for other Earthy dishes, unlikely he has one from the 20 century though since he is from so far back.

Should i tell him how to make a pizza? Back in roman time they didn't have tomatoes, wait does this world even have them?

As i pass the time talking to Darwin i became rather tired and went home.

Back home Aqua was already there and to rub it in that i wasn't there, she kept ask me where i went this afternoon.

I ignored her and went straight to sleep and you know the rest.

Had a strange dream and woke up good as new.

Getting ready for the morning by washing my face, Aqua stumble in and seem to of have just woken up, her hair was all over the place and she was rubbing her eyes.

Seeing me she brighten up and ran towards me "Sil your awake!"

"That's right" i pull out an towel and dipped it in water before passing it to Aqua "wash your face"

She nodded and snuggled her face into the wet towel and pulled it out after she was done.

Something i found rather weird was that this village was rather high tech so to say for the middle ages than i had thought. Still it wasn't to advance and their was key difference between the era these item was supposed to be an how they are here.

From my guess i take it someone from Earth or some other world, decided to try and recreate elements from their original world. Take the light, those are definitely light bulbs and they do connect to circuits to an energy source but it seem who ever brought this concept to this world wasn't an electrical engineer or worker as they had substitute to the generator with an Magic Crystal instead of just making an electrical generator.

The same for running water, it seem it's a much simpler verson of the one on Earth. Instead of being able to control the temperature and water flow they just made so simple i could say the creator was just being lazy

So eazy to figure the mechanics out i can create the same thing in less than a day. It's simple laziness but at the same time, it was convenient which iam sure that's what everyone want.

Out of everything that shock me the most, it was the toilet, yes the potty. It was by far the most complicated thing out of everything in the house.

I thought it was going to be bad when i heard their was no sewer system in the village, i was wrong. Turns out the toilet was an work of art, by using the base for Earth's toilet and combing two new thing that made it almost revolutionary for the toilet.

One is ofcourse the Magic Crystal but the second is the most surprising one, an magic Spell. I didn't know this but Spell's can be transferred onto paper.

Who ever came up with paper Spell was the true genius.

Like how every Mana is unique, every spell differs from everyone. Well actually that's not exactly true, Spells are driven from imagination and personal magical attributes.

Spell i learn was only used as an eazy way to help Mages remember how to cast Spells. In truth, once you get pass the limitation of your imagination, you can go as far as your magic Attributes can take you.

The cleaning Spell seem to be a combination of multiple Attributes, Water, Fire and Wind. Water to wash anything away, Fire to dry as well as Wind to help by making thing more convenient.

For the toilet the Wind part was more useful as it's made to carry the scent somewhere, anyway i was fascinated by it. If only the toliet itself was more comfortable than i'd praise the life out of it.

While drying my hand Aqua pulled down her pants and started using the said device.

Was it normal for siblings to be this confirmable with each others? That was still a question i have about the common sense of this world.

I quickly got out, shutting the door on the way and walked down stairs where we had extra heads this morning and iam not talking about just Scarlet. It was her red headed mother, Ruby and gray haired father, Ron.

Ron must of have drawn out the short end of the stick since non of his traits had shown up in Scarlet. If you put the two next to each other alone in the back street i would think he was tying to kidnap her, atless he has an good face.

When i got down the stairs an exciting shout and Scarlet ran up to me "Sil your up!" She greeted me by throwing me and down a few time before putting me down.

God my head hurts. I force myself to say my greetings to her and her family before taking a seat at the table.

Yesterday from Darwin did i know they were actually out of the village for a few days leaving their 7 year old alone at home. I thought it was irresponsible but knowing their personalities it's in their ball game.

Ruby was, how do you put it, is an degenerative woman, not in the bad way where she's corrupted or weird, but very unladylike, very.

She would get into alot of fights with the neighbors including my Mother and Father, but not that kind of yelling at each other and destroying relationships, but the battle type.

A battle mongrel that's exactly what she is and Scarlet seem to have taken after that part of her as well. I hope not every part.

Ron was really timid and i won't blame him when your wife almost burned down an forest and got into fight with almost everyone in the village before. I thought Father was timid with mother but you haven't seen Ron when Ruby starts to yell, at this point i pity him.

"Corl i heard our little girl has started training with your child's when we were gone" Ron was normal when he talks to man but,

"That's true" Father nodded

When Ruby joins in he seem to degrade to an ape who can only say yes. "Dear why don't we go see Scarlets training?" Ruby said while capping her hands.

"That's a great idea!" Mother was excited at the the idea of a family collaboration and gladly accepted.

"Scarlet don't lose okay!" Ruby told her daughter.

"Yes mom!" Scarlet saluted full of energy.

Not lose, how can she lose? I never won against her and Aqua can't even properly use an sword.

"Oh yea, why did you two go to town?" Father brought up another topic which i was also curious about.

"It's not those trouble makers again is it?" Mother ask.

Trouble makers?

"Yes it was those morons again" Ron answered letting out a sigh and taking a gup of water.

"Why don't you just quit Ruby?" Mother ask Ruby "you can be like us and live peacefully here with us"

Ruby sigh and explain "we both are at the prime of our life Anny, i don't know about you but i think it would be a shame to give up everything so easily, even if life here would be much happier"

"You just say that because life here is boring and you won't able to dual anyo-" While Ron was telling us the real reason Ruby was doing what she is doing, he was hit hard on the head sanding him face planting into the table.

He wasn't moving after that so i can assume he was knocked out or died, unlikely the latter because if he he was died  the other 4 wouldn't continue chatting so causally.

As the three adults kept on talking another energetic voice came from the stairs, "Scarlet!" Aqua had made it and everyone is here meaning breakfast can began.

What an lively atmosphere i told myself watching the two groups talk to themselves while i eat. But still this scene shows iam different and an outsider.

I wonder what is it about eating that brings this side of me out. Eating should be an time to enjoy but all i taste nothing and feel the abnormalitie which is me being here.

"Your not eating again?" An voice ask me. Looking at it, it was Scarlet who asked. "Do you want me to feed you everytime?" Who would want that.

"No" i said plainly while taking a bite of the meat stew. As i do the spoon was pulled out of my mouth by Scarlet and plunged into the stew to get another bite. "I sai-" the spoon was than shoved into my mouth again.

What is this girls doing?

"Silver if you don't want to be fed than eat properly" Mother told me.

Sollowing the meat in my mouth i reply "I am eating properly Mother"

"Is that so?" She question before leting out a sigh "than please eat more you won't be able to ever win against Scarlet if you don't"

"It's not a matter of winning, It's just that i feel a bit sick" i came up an sad excuse before letting out my own sigh deep inside.

"I know what will make you feel better!" As if she couldn't read the room, Aqua shouted an so call solution to my 'sickness' self. "Eat!"

How is that go-

Just than another spoon got shoved down my throat "that's right!" Scarlet also started beaming "your sad because you don't have the energy!"

"Foud cuan sauvolve euvlthiug! (Food can't sovle everything)" Even with my protest they kept on going and it seem like their was no end to this.

I wanted to seek out help but than i heard Mother say "that's right you didn't come down for dinner yesterday"

"Iah atit atiua Daunrvin'as SAAAHPPP! (I ate at Darwin's shop)"

5 minutes later i layed my head on the messy table looking as dead as Ron on the otherside.

God i feel like iam about to hurl everywhere. I actually feel sick now, good job you two.

Looking at them i see they gave each other an huge hive five in success. Fuck you two.

"Now that's your full Silver!" Too full, Scarlet's Mother than shouted my worse thing that i could do right now "let's start training!"

Thinking about it i felt the rush of vomit come up and i had to rush out of the house and throw up.

After an minute of throwing up i wip my mouth and when i turn around i see the whole party watching me.

"Come on Sil, let's run!" Scarlet didn't give me a second thought before she pull my hand and started to pull me along on a run.

What?! Why?! Wasn't magic training in the morning?!

"W-what's happening?" I ask

The adults were also doing this with us and Ron who had woken up and is being carried by his wife answered "our family's morning jog" wait we're not doing the normal routine?!

"Your awake Dear!" Ruby who was infront said in surprise "now you can start running as well!"

I can see the uter despair in his eyes when she says that "can i not? My, um, legs hurt from, from-"

"You won't get away with that lie Dear!" Saying that she threw him infront and surprising he caught himself, nevermind i spoke to soon as he seem to have a cramp while landing and ruined it.

And i doubt his leg actually hurts, i think it's another part of him that's hurting. Seeing him atless try to stand up i have to respect him.

"Come one Dad your falling behind!" Scarlet yelled as we pass him.

Can't you see your Dad's in pain?

"That's right Ron your going to lose to your own daughter!" Father joked towards him.

"Corl!" Ron ignored the pain in his, legs, and started to run after us, still shwling clear sign of being in agony.

"Hahah!" Father laughs seeing Ron in pain, like a true friend, i can tell they are only the best of the best.

After catching up with us, which luck for him the adults that weren't injured were trying to match speed with us so if he was in his normal state i sure he could of have caught up in a spit second.

After he caught up we started to lose another person, Aqua, the physically weakest out of everyone on this jog. Her breathing were already going down hill as well as her physical state of her body.

"You need to rest Aqua?" I ask her.

"N-no, i, i can keep going" she insisted.

Okay, but just to make sure she'll be okay i ran beside her so if she were to collapse i would be able to caugh her on her way down. These girls are so troublesome, can't they ever be normal?

As we head down to the beach Aqua seem more and more like she was about to drop until an hand wrapped around her and picked her up. Father sat her on his shoulders and told her "you ran enough".

I thought we were going to be done at the beach but i was wrong, it seems the family wasn't to keep doing up the beach and than run back.

The pain was already settling in my leg and my throat was starting to have some problems as well, and i can even feel Father luming over me ready to just pick me up.

Even so i kept on going, i at least have to keep up with Scarlet i told myself. Than i can have a little bit of pride left.

Let just say i couldn't do it, i didn't know how much further we had to go but it felt like we already ran a marathon. Still everyone seem okay, even Mother who i barely see do physical activities was not even out of breath for a bit.

Was this because if age again? Did the run just look long because i was so small?

Just as another 10 minutes pass i couldn't run anymore and toppled but Father quickly held me and threw me on the other side of his shoulder from Aqua.

While resting on Father's shoulder i couldn't help but look out towards the sea, the view of the sea gets me everytime. Something so elegant and peaceful was a true beauty, a world wonder on it's own that can never be recreated.

As we ran every ten minutes i checked the time and wonder how much longer are they going to run? After half an hour Scarlet finally got tired and ask her Father to give her a ride.

He didn't ofcourse, her Mother did and quiet roughly i say, picking her up by the waist and carrying her around like an oversized dog in the arm.

Scarlet turn around and gave us an cheeky smile "i beat you two by a long shot!" She said.

"Hmp no fair! We just started running today!" Aqua pouted and explained the reason we lost big time.

"Hey Dear shouldn't we start heading back?" Ron, in visible pain ask his wife.

"Your right!" She said "let's speed up towards the middle point and head back!" Middle point? We haven't even gone halfway?

"Thank the lord" Mother let out a breath of relief knowing this was going to be over soon.

"Can't we just turn around now?" Ron suggest.

"Ofcourse not!" Ruby rejected the idea "now let's speed up you three!" How is this woman this energetic?

Ron muttered something under his breath but i couldn't make anything out of it, probably just cursing to himself.

As they ran for another hour we finally made it back to the familiar beach, by now the three of us, me, Aqua and Scarlet had recovered but Mother, Father and Ron were a bit out of breath now. Ruby seem just fine as if they didn't run for two hours.

Father set us down on the beach and let us run free as they caugh their breaths. During the time we, well, they were running, we have a spectator, Tommy.

"Rough state arn't ya'll three?" He said towards Mother, Father and Ron. "I can't believe you let an woman out run you" i didn't know who he was saying it to, but Father and Ron instantly responded.

"I haven't train since i came here Tommy" Father said.

"You think i can run in this state?" Ron said with shaking legs.

"I've watch you hightail it across mountains with an spring foot just because of a Jackle! Now you can't run 12 feet without breaking your legs?!" That sounds like an interesting but over exaggerated story that i would want to hear about.

"That a whole different situation old man!" He cursed back.

"Pff, stop whining and get your ass over here! These old boxes arn't going to move themselves"

Rons shoulder slumped as he drag himself up to Tommy, Father had already been waiting there and after Ron made it up, they head towards the workshop. I wanted at least one of them to stay as it's a bit awkward for me when the ratio of boys to girls are 4 to 1, maybe i should go with them, i still haven't fully clean up the place.

As i was about to follow them, an hand grabbed my head, looking back i see it was Ruby who ask "Where do you think your going?"

"I was thinking of cleaning up the workshop" i don't know what is it about her but she was intimidating. "And help move the equipment out"

"The man won't need help Silver" she said woth a smile "but we can help each other"

****

A fight, these two mother and daughter are very alike, love fight and have abnormal strength.

"Sil to the left!" Scarlet yelled for me to get to the other side.

"I know!" I rush over to the left and naturally place my index and middle finger on the flat side of the raised sword. Something about sliding the sword pass the finger felt so nice and natural to me that i some how do it out of context before i send a sideways slash, still it would of have been better if it was a steel blade.

Form her body shape and dress that goes down to the kneecaps, i expected her to be a Mage, because what soldier wears a dress when they go into battle.

"Ha!" Scarlet let out an small laugh as she let loose her swing as she does so do i.

But that celebration was too early as a sword faster than what i can see smash into my incoming slash stopping it as well as knocking the sword out of my hand.

Scarlet's sword misses by an inch as the same sword spun around catches her open side by the neck.

We lost.

Mother and Scarlet before told us that Ruby was a Mage, really?

Because right now she kicking both me and Scarlet's ass in a sword battle without the help of outside forces. Were the difference in age that huge? No, was it experience?

As Ruby put the wooden sword away from Scarlet's neck she said "nice try but the pincer was to easy to break out of, try hard next time you too"

Scarlet turned to me with puff cheeks "Sil!" Do you want to blame it on me? "Let's train lone!" She said.

Ofcourse, Scarlet maybe a genius but she still have a long way to go before she can challenge the adults.

That goes for me as well, but the strength i need to gain is much greater. So great iam sure i would never reach it, but i still have to strive because maybe, just a wishful thought that i can achieve it.

As the minutes fly by i wonder where those mans went, they should back by now. Focusing on that detail the flat side of an wooden dummy sword hit my head.

"Come on Sil! Again!" Scarlet barked for me.

"Sure sure" this was the 5th round but i have nothing to do aside from this or watching Mother and Ruby teach Aqua the basic of holding a sword.

As we were trading blows each hit getting heaver than the last, an voice shined in "Anny!" Stopping i turn to see Father hold an rather long staff.

On his waste was an long sword? Wait that's the sword in the basement that Father told us not to touch one time.

As i guess it was his sword, rather fancy with gold parts and a fine handle. The staff, Mother has been using it as an drying rack, yea that's where all of my respect for staffs go.

Mother's staff also seem to be of the higher quality, hell it even have a fucking large blue Magic Crystal floating at the tip! That thing was as big as an basketball!

Aqua tried to steal, i mean borrow it while Mother wasn't looking before but it wouldn't come off or at that time i just thought Aqua was really weak which i was right on both sides.

Still where did she get her hands on such a Magic Crystal, all the other in the house were only the size of an half of an peanut. Iam still surprise on how it was defying gravity, was it magic again?

"Why did you being this out?" Mother ask confused when she was handed her staff.

"Ron came up with a great idea!" He answers.

From over the dunes i can hear a voice say "not my idea!"

The two woman ignored him and listened to the idea "Aqua, Silver and Scarlet has only been training the basic right?"

"Yes?" Basic's, yea basic was a may to describe this, we haven't tapped into the power of Aura yet and still learning how to properly wield an sword. In magic we just now learning to move our Mana around outside, we truly are at the start.

"Why don't we show them what a real dual would look like?" A real dual?

Before Mother could give a reply, Ruby jumped in to explain her opinion on this "what a great idea!"

Mother look at the two who were at an agreement with each other and sigh "but how do we make it a far fight?" She ask.

"Because it's a 2 on 2" Tommy who were being pestered by Aqua about her own sword, ignores her and answered.

"Hm than, Dear you must have my weapon!" From the dune Ron came carrying two saber, an on the larger size red wand made of crystal? Was that a wand made up of Magic Crystal?

He wasn't prepared like Father, more like he seem to of have been in a hurry and just tried to grab it as fast as he can without putting it on.

But i have to ask why are the wands and staff seemly so expensive and the long sword fancy? The two sabers look ordinary until i saw the Magic Crystal embedded on the side of the helt.

I hope those are practical and you four know what you are doing.

"Adult fight!" Scarlet shouted with excitement. "Fight fight fight!"

Aqua seeing her best friend shout also joined in "Fight fight fight!"

"You two" i shook my head at them and kept watching.

"You heard the girls!" Ruby picked up her wand and pointed it towards Mother. "Anny i once again declare an Familia Dual!" Ruby declares.

Mother sighs and tied her hair into a ponytail and pointed the tip of her staff at Ruby "i accept!" And so start the dual between two familia, but was that chant the two wife did something important?

Like how on Earth in the middle ages they throw their gloves down to demand a dual?

""Yah"" Scarlet and Aqua hive five each other and quickly retreated back to the dunes next to me to spectate the event.

Than someone appeared bahind us, someone i only seen a few times but have heard the name, Carly, if i remember right, she was the village healer.

Every village even if it's remote should have one and Carly was our village's healer.

"When I heard an fight was happening i rush over but it's just these four again" she let out a breath of air and sat down beside me and gave me an friendly smile "hi, you must be Silver"

I didn't ask where she got my name from but i nodded back "good morning ma'am"

"And you must be his sister, Aqua!" She than turn her attention to Aqua and Scarlet who was sitting on the other side of me and greeted the two "Good morning"

"Yes! Who may you be Aunty?!" Aqua replied. Aunty, that must of have hit Carly. Still she doesn't look much older than 20 maybe lady would do it.

"Sorry for my sister Lady, her first impression are most horrible"

"No no it's okay, iam only 200 years old though" what was that last part?

"Oh Carly nice of you to join us" Ron welcome her "will you please so kind and heal me before we start?"

"You seem fine Ron, i'll make sure i'll heal you after the fight though" that smile of hers tells me she wants to watch him suffer for some reason.

"Pl-"

"Dear get over here!"

"Yes"

As he dejectedly walked away Scarlet shouted to her father "Dad beat them!" Hm, how do i feel about you saying that. Oh well it doesn't matter who wins, it's just an mock battle to show us what might happen in a real battle, they arn't going to kill each other right?

He gridded his teeth and proudly walks over with his two swords at the ready and said to Scarlet "Yes, We'll win, for you" 


Note:

Familia Dual- A dual between two Family/Familia. Only the Head of the Family/Familia can declare an dual.

Both head has to agree to the dual, if not and the other party still attack, it would be declared an Assault against the Head.

In situations like that, outside Family/Familia can interfere to defend and retaliate against the violator.

Note, not every dual has to be an Familia Dual. Only Familia Dual's will be initiated in serious conflicts that determine's important matters or sometime, Lover's Battle, where the Head's fight over an male.

Mystical Magical Toilet- An marvel idea that combines two world in a wonderful way.


Ps.

Sorry for splitting the chapter in two and next week will be a side story that have no relevant to the actual plot(?)

I did this to gave a bit of time to see what the poll end up being, it will close right when part two come out so no one can go back and change it.

Have a good day and i wish all well! See you next week!

Who do you think will win the dual?
  • Runaways (Anny and Corl)
  • Bullshit Couples (Ruby and Ron)
Total voters: 1 · This poll was closed on Feb 19, 2021 12:04 AM.
1