Chapter 4 Part 2: Key To All: Faith
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 part 2: Key To All: Faith

*if this seems rushed, well because it was, painicked ensued as an in game event for Genshin appeared

*Sorry for the pass paste but enjoy the chapter

Seeing that shaken smile while having an raised arm, i couldn't help but root for him, but iam the child of Mother and Father, shouldn't i cheer for them?

The two beside was are ready to encourage their parents while Carly was letting out a sigh for what is about to come.

The Mother and Ruby took their position in the back and face their wand towards each other while Father and Ron stood between the two readying their swords.

Father's sword was dazzling white with an layer of gold plastered on the middle on both side, while on the edge, it was sharp as anything i have seen. It wasn't covered like in the middle, just a shinny dazzling metal that may or may not be steel.

Ron on the other hand had his two saber in both hands, and again it had an golden layer on the center like Father's long sword. The gold didn't stop at just the middle for the saber's, it reached to the back of the blade but didn't touch the sharp edges that were in front.

Tommy seeing my interest in the gold from above  told me "Gold, the best magic resist metal in the world, it would be foolish for them to try and fight Mages like those younge lady's without a sprinkle of it on their blade"

"Gold has anti magic properties?" That's the first i heard of that, well no wonder they have gold on them. I can also see why isn't foolish to fight a Mage without something with high magic resistance.

But why gold?

I wanted to ask but Tommy just scoffs and started talking about the problem of gold "That's right, the best in it's class for magic resistance! But damn are they hard to find"

Than wouldn't those swords cost an small fortune? "I wonder how much those weapons costs?" Wands made out of Magic Crystals and swords with gold plating.

"Those are priceless Brat, see those glowing metal?" The glow?

"I thought those were just really reflective metallic metal" i replied talking a closer look at the illuminating metal, yea that metal that makes up most of the sword, from the tip to the handle we really growing.

"Beautuful arn't they? Those are Ornus Steel, great Mana conductors and hard to get in Sif, though lighter and less durable than normal Iron or Steel, it's the most valuable ore's to Mage's aside from Magic Ore's"

"Ornus Steel, do you like working with them?" Maybe if i find any on my future journey to find the World's Heart, i'll remember to buy some.

"Yes, though fragile when processing, the produce are well worth the effort!" I see, i'll get some for his masterpiece.

"Where are they found?"

"The only know kingdom that sells them is Aspen, but an small company is said to be selling them here in Rainier"

"Aspen, that country must be great with such resources in their hands" that country must be powerful with an demi god as their king with 600 years of experience as well as two unique ores.

"Great?!" Tommy laughed "it's the smallest Kingdom in Sif because that Aimes doesn't want to risk harming his people! He holds no ambition after he became king but i have to give it to him, he knows how to keep a kindom running and prospering, by now even though it's the youngest kingdom in Sif, it's probably the most powerful."

So that's the type of king Aimes is, an passive king that work to help his countrymen and by the fact Aspen has lived a golden age ever since it was made, i say he's a very liked king.

I wanted to ask more about Aspen but the dual was about to start. "Can you five do the count down?!" Ruby ask us.

""Yes!""

"Sure"

"5!" Carly started and look at down the line.

"4" i said focusing my attention on the coming battle.

"3!" Aqua shouted with excitement.

Quickly followed by the enthusiastic shout of "2!" By Scarlet.

The last was Tommy who look embarrassed to do it but after seeing our gaze he grunt and shouted "damn brats, 1!"

When he said that Father was the first to attack sending an over head swing towards Ron, who flustered and almost failed to parry the attack with his left saber. He counter by attack with the right but Father jump back and prepared for an stab.

Behind them, Mother and Ruby were having their own fight. A Mage fight, the first i've seen of this.

Ruby swiped her wand and drew an line of red mana infront of her which shot fowards and transformed into an blade of fire that flew to help Ron or maybe hit him.

From Mother's Magic Crystal, an large line made of blue mana shoot out infront rushing infront of Father faster than the blade of fire and turned into water as soon as the fire was close enough to distinguish.

When the fire was gone and an wall of smoke covered Father, the tip of the sword exit from the smoke and went to stab Ron.

But Ron had already been preparing something after ducking to let the blade of fire pass over.

In his right hand, the saber started to glow an gray light, Mana, he was conducting mana through the Ornus, so this is how swordsman with Mana should fight!

Scarlet tried mimicking this move when she used her Aura, but it was never as refine or of any use yet.

Slashing up, an after image, no it was an line of gray beam that slashed fowards as soon as it left the blade.

Father grinned and changed the piercing attack to an slash. The sword sliced through the beam with ease while Father moved to the side to dodge the rest.

Ron ducked allowing the sword to gaze over his head and rowed pass Father.

As he was about to slash with that beam again, an nail of water aimed for his back, but he noticed it before it was too late and jumped left as the nail of water slammed into the sand, creating an crater in the sand where he stood before.

Ruby wasn't going to let her lover be attacked without retaliation, she held the ends of the wand near her chest and from her body, crimson Mana shot out into the air and formed 12 firelances in the air, 5 aiming for Father and the other 7 against Mother.

When she let them loose, Mother encapsulated herself in a ball of water that blocked and extinguished all the firelance that came after her. Father did the same with his silver Mana but it was clear the quality difference as the shielf failed after taking 3 of them, making him have to dodge one and cut down the last.

"Kick their ass!" An voice aside from the two girls shouted for Ruby and Ron.

Before i can figure out the first, another voice shouted "Corl, Anny! Kill them!" Wait what?

"I have a gold coin beting for you Corl! Don't lose or iam not serving you for a week!" Darwin? I finally look back to see 7 new adults expressing their opinion on who will win and 2 boys thoughtful examining the fight.

Darwin and Martha was here along with Shin and Sakara, the other 5 was people i see around a bit.

The two kids were Cedric and Siege, they are 11 this year and are two troublemakers like Aqua and Scarlet. Don't know much of them but Cedric should be the son of the mayor of Seascape, Larry, and Siege i heard he was picked up from the wood by Taiya.

Infact, Taiya, his mother was also in the group, yelling to the four to fight harder with an expression of enjoyment.

Along with her, Shomy and Ashley was the two who shouted kill and kick their asses. They seem like decent class woman's but it seems they get heated up when it comes to competition between themselves.

"10 gold on the runaways!" Shomy shouted and shoved 10 gold coins into Cedric's hand.

"Hey i ain't keeping co-!"

"15 on the couple!" Ashley give another 15 to Cedric.

I question their ethics and turn back around to watch the rest of the fight, tying to ignore their yelling.

It seem while i was looking away, it has really turned into a Mage fight while Father and Ron is at a standstill, trading blows and getting nowhere.

Tying to support Father, Mother casted an spell but as she was gathering the Mana, an small fireball was quickly conjured by Ruby and shot towards Mother.

Mother released Mana to try and interfere with it's course, it worked but it bought Ruby enough time to cast her own spell.

Ruby held her staff fowards and an large fireball formed at the tip that was half her size. Before it could be released through, an wave of Mother's Mana covered half the battlefield and rush pass Father and Ron to transform into a wave of water infront of Ruby.

To try and defend, Ruby didn't cast a spell and instead increased the size of the fireball turning it into a inferno to confront the aqua wave.

When they came into contact, an huge steam cloud was created covering more than half the beach they were fighting on. The only one that still could be seen was Mother who was unsure on what to do.

She probably didn't want to lunch a spell in fear she might hit Father, but she also knew their location as the clashing of swords still ringed out.

Just an, an loud clash could be heard and the voice of Father shouted "He Broke Through!"

So Ron won, how?

Bursting out from the cloud, Ron who was covered in Ruby's Mana and his own gray glow made a dash towards Mother.

Scarlet, Ashley, Cedric, Taiya and Shin let out an roar of cheer while Darwin and the other was cursing, well not Aqua who just looks worried now.

As the couple's siders were celebrating, Ron made a strange face and tripped into the sand but quickly raised his head and shouted "Ruby!"

I hear an surprise voice from inside the smoke from Father than breaking out of the fog from above was Ruby clad in red, landing next to Ron and picked up form where he left off.

She doesn't cast a spell, instead opting to swing her decent size Crystal rod which can still knock someone out or break a bone if hit hard and right.

Mother tried to block it with her staff but it was too late and the staff stopped next to her neck.

When it was over Tommy called "Ron and Ruby won! Corl stop hidding in the steam and come out!"

Stepping out of the steam, Father's face and hair was coved in sand as well as an foot print of sand has been left on his back. Iam guessing Ruby used Father to get that high jump.

Well our family lost, that doesn't feel good, but it's reassuring to know Mother didn't use her Space Attribute but at the same time, the man didn't use Aura and Ruby was holding back in close quarters.

Ah, i forgot this was a mock battle to just let us see, we can't see much if Mage's start bombarding each other's with spells and out eye's can't even keep up with though fighting in close quarters with Aura.

"My allowance!" Siege cryed.

"I ain't serving you for a week Corl!" Darwin told Father.

"Hahaha, how does it feel to lose Shomy?" Ashley said with a smug smile.

"They only lost because they couldn't use greater magic Spell's because the childrens are here!" Shomy yelled back.

"Just accept it Shomy! Now where's the 10 go-" when Ashley turned around to reclaim her gold and Shomy's to find that the two boys were running away "hey!" Flames started to engulf her hair as she runs after the two boys.

Now it was Shomy's turn to start laughing even though she also lost some of her money.

What is going on?

"Siege don't run to far and come back by nightfall!" Taiya laughs watching Ashley and the two boys disappear back into the village.

So this is how some much chaos happens in the village, i've heard a fight breaks out every month here or some other thing happens for Larry to fix.

From the fact that we have a few battle maniacs and 4 troublesome kids, i can see how things may happen.

"Mom, Dad that was awesome!" Even though our parents lost, Aqua ran up to them to cheer them up.

"Yea, yea!" Scarlet also joined, "adults are sooo cool! I want to be an adult!"

Ah, Scarlet, their's give and take about becoming an adult, tax's, tax's and dignity.

Ron after getting healed by Carly, who betted for Mother and Father was as scorching at Ron, he stroll back to Scarlet and picked her up "i told you we'll win!"

"You did dad!" The two hugged each other while Ruby watch with approval.

Father seeing the sight lowered his head "iam a failer as a father" he depressely told himself.

"It's okay Father, you could be worse" i comfort him, you can be like me, who hasn't even seen his child once. They probably think iam a asshole since i left her, i hope she finds that few millions in my bank.

My wife's smart, she'll figure out someway to stretch that and give him a normal life, i wish, i hope i can make it before she dies. I need to apologize and redeem myself.

The battle today has set an starting goal for me, to gain power rivalling Father in Aura and Mother in magic. I will overcome them, because if i can't, iam worthless.

****

I wanted to train a bit but after the dual, Mother and Ruby called off the training for today and allowed us to roam free. Now because of the promise yesterday, the girls dragged me through the village and onto an game track up a small slope where an large tree stood and on it was a house and rooms that stretched off on the branches.

From the family house i could hardly see someone lived here, let alone my room which overlooks the sea and not the forest, the tree was rather wide and thick, not that taller from the tree around making it hard to differentiate from a normal treeand that's not accounting the elevation dofference.

I didn't know how it was done, but their was a staircase at the base of the tree, which seem like a natural and unnatural formation. Pestering to walk up the bark stairs it was too organized and proportional to be made naturally, but why did it seem like these steps grew out from the tree itself?

At the top, an double door was embedded into the tree and Aqua banged on the door "Aunty, Aunty can me come in!" She shouted.

"Iam coming" a voice answers from the otherside, the door clicked opened and an 40 year old looking elf stepped out  "you two cuties, iam too younge to be called Auntie, remember yesterday i told you, you can call me grandmother?"

"Hmm, but you still look so younge!" Aqua protested.

"Looks can be deceiving Dear, just mind iam almost at the end of my time" she kelt down and said with an bright smile, "now you must be Sil, the two has been talking about you and i can see why" she turned to me.

"Greetings Aunty Qunii, though my name is Silver, your welcome to call me anything you like"

"What a gentleman you will be in the future" she said and welcome us inside.

Inside, every furniture was made from wood that grew from the tree, say from the few things like sofa, carpet and glass window. Their was one thing or set that caught my eye, on it's own side of the building was an wall of pictures.

I didn't even know Sif had a way to create photos.

All around was what was iam guessing family pictures of Qunii, but in the middle was one where their was 5 friends, two human males, a female Beastkin and an Dwarf aswell as an younge Qunii.

"Oh are you interested in these photo?" Seeing me look towards the photo, Qunii explained a few things to me but before that, she went over to the table the photo was on and picked it touching the screen with an nostalgic face and sat down on the sofa and told us to come closer for a story.

"See this man here?" She said pointing to a man that had black hair and eyes that was getting grabbed by the neck and given a knuckle rub in the head by his friend "this is Shiro Makai, he was the one who created this photo so we could remember our time together"

"Shiro Makai doesn't sound like a native name here" i pointed out, could he be another person that came to Sif by a Gate?

"That's correct Dear, he is from a land called Japan, there he was a good for nothing but he was extremely talented, just never motivated, when i first met him he was but an child that had just somehow survived an failed summoning attempted by the Dwarfs, in fact see that Dwarf there?"

She lead us to an Dwarf who was hanging himself off the other man's neck and drinking happily.

"That's Tommy" i can see the resemblance now but how far does Qunii and Tommy's history go back? "He and i used to be the two stubborn ones in our group, haha, all those arguments Shiro had to break up"

"You and Tommy used to get into fights?!" Scarlet gasps in shock and disbelief.

"That right, though i won most of them" she said with pride "now let's continue introducing you to my dear friends, this Beastkin is Fran, my bestfriend, she come from a long line of Dragonkin and joined us to reclaim some of her family's lost honor but ended up officially joining us after a bit of travel" the red haired Beastkin she showed had two red horns growing from her head and is drinking along with the group as welp as an tail that was swaying in the background.

She had her left hand over the younge Qunii who was red from being drunk with beer and chugging down a mug like a crazed woman like Tommy and Fran.

"Wow! Where are Mr. Shiro and Ms. Fran now?!" Scarlet ask not knowing the truth of any memory.

Qunii smile faded and she slowly said "Well, they are long gone" i guess living so long can bring many good and sad memories.

"Sad, than what about him?" Scarlet pointed to the last man.

An white haired man that was knuckle rubbing Shiro and who Tommy was hanging off of.

"Oh, him" her smile return as she slid her finger on the man's face "his name was Isaac and was my lover"

Isaac, "was his name related to Isaac from Tale's Of Isaac?" I wonder.

"Hm, you can say that, but unlike the other two, i know he's still alive, out there, if you three ever see him, please tell him iam waiting here for him and i won't died without seeing him again"

"We'll make sure if we ever see him, well drag him back to you!" Scarlet said with fire in her eyes.

"Yea! I'am make sure he'll be by your side forever!" Aqua determinedly shouted as well.

Seeing their enthusiasm leak out, Qunii let out a small laugh and told them "don't bother him too much if you meet him, okay?" Her youthful smile came back as she says that.

"Don't worry, just tell me and i'll go get him!" Scarlet told her.

"Like i said dear Scarlet and Aqua, he's a busy person, if you want to meet him, you'll have to become a bit stronger"

"I see! I'll make sure to being him here by force!"

"Oh my, Dear can you help me?" She ask me to help resolved the mistake Scarlet made.

"Scarlet she means that you need reputation to meet him, even if you were strong, you can't even forceful meet him" from what i got, he probably was an powerful ma- wait man. "Wait Aunty Qunii, he's human right?"

"Iam not sure about that, but if your worry about him dying from old age, that's unlikely, with his life, he should be able to live longer than the 1500 years us Elf's have"

He can live that long?

In Sif, someone can life into their 80's very easily since a golden age was upon the whole of Sif.

Though there is a way to extend human life into the hundreds, one was Aura which by increasing the power of your Aura, you'll also give your body new validity and can accelerate growth in children or regress aging in adults as well as slow it.

The other was to be a Mage, by feeding off Mana created by the Magic Crystal, the body can retain it's youth for hundreds of years, 300 at lowest. What stops Mage's from reaching eternal youth is something called 'The Decaying' like it's name says, the decay of the Magic Crystal in the Magic Organ from hundreds of years of producing Mana.

Fun fact i discovered, most Mage's are female, something about how the Magic Organ favors female host over male. This is also a big reason why Sif's society is matriarchal since most of the wise and old are females which held as Mages.

Though in the village their is more female than males, Mother told me that only 30 percent of the human population is actually female which give females much more important role in society.

For me i don't really care if society is matriarchy or patriarchy. Besides only the human country's are matriarchal, in Beastkin society it's patriarchal, and for Dwarfs and Elf's gender doesn't seem to matter.

As long as in the matriarchy, my rights arn't pushed was out of bounds, i won't bother much with it but i will act out on my own accordance if i have too.

As we degraded to normal talk like daily life, Qunii remembers something "oops, i almost forgot i made some honey for you three, let me go get them"

Sweets.

As i was in a state of sweet craving, Scarlet stop me from following Qunii to the kitchen and ask me "Sil are you drooling?"

Ah, i quickly wiped it away and answer "no" i just get this way when ever i get a lot of suger or sweets.

They look at me as i feel another bit of saliva drip off my mouth.

"Fine yes iam drooling" I haven't had sweets ever since i came here so cut me some slack and i said she feed Aqua cookies before but those could hardly be called cookies since their were no sweetness within them.

Sweets were hard to come by in this word, the suger they have arn't even 1 of a 100 of the suger on Earth so i can never get that satisfaction of eating sweets from them.

But honey? They were naturally sweet and since they came from bees infused with Mana, it should be more delicious.

Coming back from the kitchen, Qunii held an wooden bowl full of square shape golden goodness. "My, Silver, are you that hungry for honey?" She puts it down and i quickly grabbed one and shoved it in my mouth. Qunii gave a small laugh and rubbed my head "don't swallow it whole okay? Let it melt in your mouth"

"Yes Grandmother!" I nodded.

Ah, i stop and became a bit embarrassed for acting so childish.

"Sorry for being rude" i apologize.

"It's okay Dear, just enjoy yourself" Qunii told me. If you say so.

"Wow this is gooood~" at the bowl Scarlet had tasted some of this sweet nectar and was in a state of realization.

Aqua wanted so as well and place one in her mouth and her eyes sparkled "Sil, Sil this is delicious!"

"I know" nothing can beat sweets.

As we lay around talking, their was an crack at the door and it opened, but no one came in?

As i think that an small red cat walked in with an packs of red like grapes "Qunii i have foraged some Mayberry, do you want some?" It talked, was it a high ranking monster? Did it know Grandmother Qunii? "I see we hav-"

Before it coulf finished it's sentence, Scarlet jumped over the sofa and picked it up "a talking Monster!" She said with excitement.

"Iam not a Monster little girl! Iam an Sprite, a Sprite, know the differance!" It yelled to Scarlet.

Now that he mentioned it, the cat does have some unusual features like that flame at the end of it's tail and a bit of mane on it's neck. On it's four tiny legs orange marks of fire reached up like boots.

"Now now Torch, she's just a child, let her play a bit" Grandmother Qunii told the cat. "Dear's let me introduce you to Torch, he was out yesterday while you two were here so he couldn't greet you two, Torch is my contract Sprite, please be gentle with him Dear"

While twirling Torch around in her arm, Scarlet nodded "yes Au- i mean Grandma Qunii!"

"Qunii! Help!" Torch cried out for his master to help him out of Scarlet's arms.

"Endure it for a bit Torch" Qunii said knelting down before the two "Dear you know a trick to making an Sprite like you?" She held out her hand and Mana floated from her palm.

It seems an Elf's Mana is different, a more, colorless gas that was more liquidy. Like thinner honey or mercury type of liquid.

Torch seeing his master's Mana stopped struggling and stared at it "To Sprite's, Mana is irresistible, just try it with your Mana" Grandmother Qunii, moved the Mana close to Torch's mouth and he started to lick it like it was milk.

Grandmother Qunii pull it away and looking at Scarlet to see if she'll try.

Scarlet was enthusiastic about this and held her palm infront of Torch who just said "better be first rate"

Scarlet's Mana is out of the ordinary so it should be.

From Scarlet's hand, her red Mana flowed out and hit Torch's face like an train, his eyes widen and he started to act like a drug addict. "Give! Give!"

What an crazy cat, i said to myself. I guess high qualuty Mana is irresistible to Sprite's.

Scarlet seeing the frantic Torch smiled and moved the hand away saying "if you be my pet than i'll let you taste it"

When he heard that, Torch stopped and looked at Grandmother Qunii before answering "i can not do that younge miss"

Scarlet puff her cheeks and made another proposal "than how about play with me one day every week!"

"Deal!" Without a slight bit of hesitation, Torch agrees "now let me have a taste!"

Scarlet smiles and brough it before Torch and as soon as it touched him, he started to spasm and lick crazily at the red Mana.

"Is this okay?" Consured, i ask Grandmother Qunii about that state Torch was in.

She just giggles and told me "yes Dear, this is expected results from the beginning and the two themselve are enjoying it so it's fine"

"You sure Torch don't get addicted to Scarlet's Mana?"

"Addicted? Hm, i am a bit worried as well but Torch can control himself, isn't that right?"

Torch nodded and this time slowly lick the Mana.

"I want a turn!" As he was calming down, Aqua held out her own Mana before Torch in her arms and said to him "here, here little Torch!"

She admittedly got an reply as Torch hopped out of Scarlet's arms and jumped into Aqua's and looks like a cat who had just stumbled upon an mount of catnip.

"Hey! i was still playing with him!" Scarlet shouted.

"Hmp, as you can see, he liked my Mana better!" Aqua said and raised her nose.

In return, Scarlet conjures an load of Mana for Torch who's head quickly shot up and so started an computation between the two on who Torch liked better.

Seeing Torch hop from one hand to another, i let out a sigh and lightly hit both Scarlet and Aqua on the head "stop playing around, your Mana's starting to cover the whole room"

"Okay" Aqua who now didn't have Torch in her hand let down her shoulders and retrieved all her Mana.

Scarlet who can be considered the winner also retrieved her Mana and held Torch out in front of Aqua "don't worry! We can share him!"

"Torch's not an toy you two" i told them.

"Iam willing to be under a child if their Mana is that good" Torch expressed his thought about being a slave to Aqua and Scarlet.

""Really?!"" The two shouted in union.

"Well" he looked back at Grandmother Qunii who let out a sigh "well, i'll be your pet for 2 days a week, but during that time you have to feed me your Mana's!"

"Ya!" The two celebrated by spinning Torch around and rubbing his fur.

"Are you okay with this?" I ask the real cat's owner.

"Yes, yes, i was getting too old to be his companion, maybe it's time Torch moved on to a new generation"

"Maybe not yet" i said watching the two play Torch like a doll "but are you really considering give Torch to the two?" They should of have been companions for hundreds of years.

She nodded "Sprite's can live for eternity as long as Mana exists within the world, he will long out live me, i hope that when iam gone, he will at least have a new heir"

"I see, will your lover recognize Torch?" I randomly brought up to kill the depressing topic of leaving in hopes to turn it into a reunion.

"Yes, even in this form he should"

"Than in the future, with Torch we should be able to bring your lover back much easier"

"I don't know about that Dear"

"Have a little hope in us Grandmother, we'll find him for sure and bring him back"

"Your motivated ain't you?" She joked.

"Ofcourse, because this journey maybe a small steppingstone towards the future i want" a future where i go home, a future where i left nothing to regret, a future where all i love, live a happy life till the end.

*****

A trial, that what this has to be.

For the third night i woke up up top of the cold mountain and i finally realized this was something i had to get over, not by letting it sild and accepting the out come, but by vanquishing this dream in all.

"I'am honestly intrigued by you" the man said baffled.

"So am i" i finally reply to it words.

This is but a dream, my dream, meaning i hold all the power, not this illusion.

Gripping this fact i imagine my freezing body heat up, melting the ice into water. Next i commanding the world to stop.

The world began to become monochrome, the snow that wips in the blizzard stopped to a halt before me.

It was like a lucid dream, a world that is under my control.

Lucid dreams arn't uncommon for me, it's the dreams that i dream at night so iam femiliar with all the bases within my lucid dreams.

Before me i looked at the frozen man, his eyes were closed shut which i felt mock me for not realizing this sooner.

This time i said the final words to end this dream "Disappear" letting this dream end forever.

*****

That night i didn't need anymore sleep and went out towards the shore.

Standing upon the sand dune on a cloudless and windy night, a voice call out from behind me "So this is where you went to"

Mother "Should i go back?" I turn around and see both Mother and Father there watching the star's shine and comets fly pass Sif.

"No, this is a wonderful view isn't it Silver?" Mother walking up behind me and gazed towards the full moon "it seems this is the fated day, Sky"

My last name, that only means "You knew?"

"For a long time" Mother answered.

"Yea thanks to your poor acting" Father added as a joke.

"Corl!"

So they knew, guess i can't even act. Revaling in this knowledge, i could help but be hysterical in this moment.

I ignored their quail and ask "For how long?"

"Right when you were born we knew" for that long.

I couldn't help but laught at myself "Tell me, how horrible was my act?"

As i laugh to myself, Father picked me up and force me to turn around, to told me "it wasn't the fact that you couldn't act that gave it away, but the fact you couldn't accept yourself"

"Accept? I've already accepted my situation and decided where i want to go"

Father look sadly at me and put me down, "not only that, but us, you never truly accept us as your family" you two, as family.

"But can i really accept?" Can a imposter really become the real? "Can you accept this me?" Unbeknown, tears flowed from my eyes, sadness, guilt, feeling i kepted beneath my teeth are now bursting out.

The bittersweet feeling of relief from a heavy burden and state of crises undid itself as well as created a ego of paranoia and regret.

Will they keep me knowing iam but an fake?

What ever the outcome i was ready to accept-

Mother looked at me sadly before dropping to her knees to hug me. "Don't be foolish Sky, even if you were never ment to be, even if your existence goes against all rules, laws, gods and fates, your still our blood, our dear child no matter the situation, be it possessed or replaced the body, you'll always be Silver"

"Your mother is right, you've been with us since the start and i'd rather accept an emotionally troubled ch- ah!" Father was hit in the leg by Mother but he kept on going "-child, than one that i have never seen, or even existed"

"T-thank you!" Not being able to hold back anymore, for the first time since i came to Sif, i cried.

Truly what an idiot i was, all those time, those memories that i spent here was with them. 5 year's of knowing who i was, yet they still took me in and cared for me all those year.

Now i realize it, they had already imprinted themselves on me. They have long accepted the true me, it was just that i couldn't usher up my faith  in them or even myself.

I wanted all to go my way, i lived upon that island of ignorance where all goes my way, but i could of have seen a real world if i would of have some confidence.

Truly, truly iam a fool amongst fools that pretend all is right in a world of makebelieve, unwilling to stray away from comfort called an plan.

What a pathetic man i am, the path i chosen isn't an road with rocks and forks, but an unknown journey that leads to nowhere but somewhere.

If i don't have faith in myself to confess my true self, do i have faith that i can even walk this route?

No, i do, i'll force all twist and turns, all obstacles that plague this path to point towards the end. An dead end will mean i have to stray off road towards another, never will i hesitate because of my fears, because all that will do is create more hardships, heavier burden and make me lose sight of everything.

All for the sake for a happier future where i don't have to hide from the past and be able to accept without fear or leave without regret.

"Mom, Dad, iam sorry" i said with an shaken smile while tears drip down "i'll be more honest with my feelings from now on"

*******

*tick*
[01:01:01]
*tick!*
[01:01:01]
*click!*
[01:01:02]

Ps.

I'll be uploading the real side story on Sunday or Monday, not an Tale, but the side story is short so it will not the chapter for the week.

See ya than.

0