Earth SS chapter 1: Oddities Within The Boy
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SS Chapter 1: Oddities within The Boy

* When i said this was going to be short, it truly was. Well enjoy this short chapter.

2002, the year Sarah Sky's life turned for the worse.

It was a month before she gave birth to her child, Carnell, named after his father who disappeared in the Himalayas. No one knew what happened, but it was said an avalanche had been triggered the same week he went there and it theorized he died in it.

But Sarah couldn't believe that, Her husband was an expert in everything, he wouldn't of have taken the risk if their may even be a 5 percent chance an avalanche to occur.

He was a cautious man that had to plan before do anything.

Sarah couldn't accept the fact he maybe dead, she would rather believe Carnell ran away and blame herself for getting pregnant causing him to leave.

Everyone around her thinks her ideas are foolish and those that do believe them think she's foolish for believe one day, Carnell was come back for her and her child.

Her child, the child, Carnell, known as Nell.

Like his father, Nell was talented in learning and caught onto things quickly, but at the same time, was gifted in the extraordinary sense.

Only Sarah and a few know of this, but Nell has a rare type of eye deformity that changes the color of his eyes from that brown to an crystal, white color.

The reason was unknown, but Sarah notice whenever it turns white, Nell's sense and eye sight seem to of have reached unimaginable reaches.

She first discovered this when Nell was 3 and they were walking through the woods of their land.

Sarah and Carnell was always fond of the outside world, before 2002, they would always go on trips around the world under i gize of business trips.

But right as 2002 came, Sarah got pregnant and she had to forgo traveling until she gave birth.

Carnell also wanted to settle down until Nell was born, but because of the pre planned business trips that was already set in stone, he had to depart.

At was on one of those trips that tragedy struck, but luckily for Sarah, Carnell always had an private bank account that held an small fortune in cause something like this did happen.

In truth, this small fortune could allow Sarah and Nell to live the rest of their life well and fed as long as Sarah was wise in using it, which she was.

With that money, she decided to enter the stock market, usually this would be a death wish for normal people, but Sarah's family had come from a line of stock exchanger as well as business owners.

And with the help of her mother, increased the money by a half of the original. Afterwards she calm down about the money situation and dedicated herself to raising Nell.

Like his parents, Nell also loved exploring and hurry her to walk around the land many times.

During these walks, Sarah found out that Nell's white eyes was much more than just an deformity. Many times Nell could see miles into the forest and describe the object with high detailed.

A trait like that reminded her of Carnell and his unique photographic memories. Able to recall thing since birth, remembering the slightest detail from a week ago.

His memory of his got him into lots of trouble, not with just people, but himself. Sarah can recall Carnell when they first met.

He was forced out of his room to greet her. An handsome 9 year old boy that never went to school but knew everything.

His face was blend, empty and emotionless. Those facts about Carnell struck wounder in the heart of Sarah.

He wasn't bother by her pale skin or reddish eyes, in fact he seem attracted to them, something Sarah would never expect.

Inturn, Sarah loved him, his looks were on the better side which she didn't expect from his labor farmer mother and father who had worst than average looks. His ability was so extraordinary than when Sarah's father found out, he already considered marrying Sarah to him in hopes his future child could inherit the perfect memory.

Sarah was glad Carnell had such a distinctive trait and she was more happy it came up in Nell, showing and reminding her that Nell was his son.

She haven't told anyone about Nell's eyes true nature and had made an effort to hide it from everyone in fact. An color changing eye that grants clairvoyance will surely drag the attention of 'them'.

'Them' even Sarah didn't know them, but Carnell told her about how they wanted to hire him for something, but he rejected and warned her she should never get their attention.

If they wanted him, Sarah thought, they might want Nell and she couldn't let them take Nell away, never. Because he was the only thing that reminded her of him.

****

When Nell turned 5 in 2007.

Sarah began to notice changes in Nell when he's alone.

He began to talk to himself, Sarah never directly heard it but she could tell when Nell shouts and was lying about someone being here.

It worried her, someone, or something was here and targeting Nell. She tried putting up cameras to see who this person was, but oddly, their was no one expect them in the house.

Instead she watched Nell talked to himself and sometimes, paranormal activity occurs around Nell. It only happens when Nell's alone.

Sarah wanted to call help but she knew that not alot a people can be trusted, she thought about her family, but she decided not to as they will make a big scene out of it.

One day, Sarah caught Nell in his state.

It was in the backyard, still the backyard was practically the land behind the house, which Nell likes to play around in while Sarah work out stock's.

This day, Nell was closer to the house and she could hear Nell shouting something so she went to investigate.

Walking down a small hill from the yard, she could see Nell sitting cross legged on a boulder with closed eyes in concentration.

Sarah found it odd and ask him "what are you doing dear?" While approaching him.

Nell panicked and twisted his head around shouting "Mom?!"

"It's okay Nell" she said sitting beside him "can you tell me what you were doing?"

"S- i mean someone told me that i can become stronger if i do this!"

That someone again, they always get brough up but Sarah never seen or hear who this someone was.

All the times she try prying out this someone out from Nell, children's innocents always get in the way so she stopped tying, for now.

Instead she played along "oh, why don't you show mommy?" She herself was very curious to what this method is.

"Hmm, i can't do it now but i will learn it and show you i promise!" Nell told his mother enthusiastically.

She such an energetic and bold calm, Sarah let out an small laugh "well, remember that promise okay?"

"I'll never forget!"

"That's my boy" she hugged Nell with all her might and let him go free, telling him "also, why don't you introduce your teacher to me sometime?"

Responding to that, Nell looked away and his eyes turn white. It was something Sarah was accustomed to now and had suspicion Nell's eyes have a big part in what is happening.

"H-he says not now, not now"

"Wait he's here right now?" Sarah followed Nell's gaze to an empty spot "can you hear me?" She tried communicating with what every it was.

She wasn't particularly scared, the ghost or thing never actually harmed them, the worse it's done was move around some toys in Nell's room.

Sarah was really conflicted on what to do with this ghost that now living with them, still she won't try to drive it away as long as it knew manners and didn't harm them.

No she was rather fascinated with this ghost, what does it want with her son? His eyes? That's the only reason she could think of.

Could that eye see ghost?

Nell's eyes were something that she could not understand nor believe in it's powers, but time and time again, it shows it self.

"He doesn't want to talk to you" Nell told his mother the truth with his white eyes disappearing, likely signifying the ghost is gone from the view of his eyes.

"Why doesn't it want to talk to me?"

"I don't know"

"Why did it pick you?"

"I don't know"

Hearing those answer for the thousandth time, she let out a sigh and gave up and just ask a more normal question "are you having fun with your new friend?"

"Ofcourse! He's awesome and promise me to teach me everything he knows!"

"What might make him so awesome?"

"He can pass through walls! Disappeared and appear somewhere as well as lift things with his mind! Isn't that awesome?!"

"That is really fascinating dear" invisibility was acceptable since it seems only Nell was able to see him and telekinesis had been used multiple times in plain sight in Nell's room.

After tell her that, Nell seem to calm down and told Sarah in a low voice "but it seems he can't show me everything he can do, something about the world rejecting him or how his existence is a paradox, what ever that means, it's preventing him from fully using his power and he can't appear infront of other people because of that!"

Sarah didn't know what this ghost was teaching Nell, but it seems that ghost's situation is much more complicated than just haunting her boy.

"I see, but has he ever harm you? Or told you anything mean?"

"Never! He's really nice and will actually be willing to go to trouble for me! Though most of the time he looks lifeless"

"I see, well as long as he doesn't hurt you or you don't bother the gh- i mean, friend, too much, he's welcome here anytime" again, as long as that ghost doesn't do anything wrong within the house, it was welcomed because, sometime living out here can be lonely with just the two of them.

*****

That night in Nell's room, Nell couldn't sleep and ask, staring at the end of his bed "why didn't you answer mommy's question? Didn't you say you are always lonely here?"

Nell's eyes illuminated with white, showing he was using his ability.

"Why are you always so sad," within those white eyes was an boy around the same age as Nell, his hair silver and eyes like an mood cloudly day "Silver?"

Silver didn't reply admittedly but slowly said "because," he couldn't usher out his words, not infront of Nell, never will he show him. "Never mind, your too younge to understand"

"We're the same age!"

"Appearance can be deceiving Nell, remember that" Silver hopped off the bed and walked off but before leaving he told Nell "good night" and vanished.

0