Chapter 5: A Colorful World
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: A Colorful World

*Enjoy the extra long chapter!

""Cheers!""

It's been more than 2 years since i broke out of my shell, now it was winter and a year was just about to pass, meaning me and Aqua would be 8 tomorrow and Scarlet would be 10.

In celebration this year, it seems the village wanted to hold a party in Darwin's restaurant where chaos was the exact definition of what occurred inside.

After saying their cheers more than half the adults in the village got themselves drunk and a couple, Ron and Scarlet started making out with the two teens watching them in interest while iam sure Darwin took a drunken Martha upstairs to 'rest'.

Mother and Father had the dignity to keep sober but iam sure Father would start teasing Ron after this night.

Still i couldn't believe it was okay to bring two 8 year olds and 10 year old to a drinking party. Luckily Father and Mother stopped Aqua and Scarlet from drinking the alcohol and gave us sometype of purple juice that i thought was grape but i guess grapes doesn't exist in Sif.

Even so i think i saw Scarlet get a glop of beer down with the help of Uncle Tommy while Mother and Father was talking to Qunii about something.

Everyone in the village was here, even people i've never seen, like an old man with a really long beard that wore an wizard robe and hat.

Another was the famous Claudius, that trader that everyone talks about but i've never seen till today.

He toldly seem like an businessman, wearing an suit for an party and greeting everyone with a smile.

When he first saw me, we had proper greetings only for it to be ruin by Aqua who ask why Claudius had such an mustache and i can't blame her for asking. When i first saw him, i was admittedly surprised to see and mustache that was more than an foot long and hanging like chandlers off his face.

All though Aqua was tying to question the style, Claudius began a lecture on how his mustache was magnificent and how long it took him to grow and keep it so well maintained until Aqua started to touch, i mean pull on it that's when he stopped and went to greet other people.

Before he left, he gave me an book and a bunch of color chok as well as a pencil.

Did Mother and Father really bought me this?

Looking at the book as chaos spurs around me. I wanted to see if my skill had changed any bit.

Taking Qunii with Aqua in her laps as my target i began to draw with the pencil, it was hard to adjust to the new type of pencil and paper, but i caught on after a few strokes.

After an hour of constraining, Scarlet who may or may not be drunk finally took interest in what i was doing and left Uncle Tommy's side and went over to me.

She clawed onto the chair and place her whole head infront of me so i couldn't draw, "wow what an detail picture!" She said.

"Want me to draw one of you?" I ask her since she was very curious about my drawings.

"Really! Yes! Wait let me grab something first!" I watch her push through an mob and forcefully took Torch as well as an blue ice bird that he was talking to into her arm.

"Unhand me human!" The bird drunkenly said but Scarlet just shoved her Mana into it's mouth to shut it up. "Feed me more human!"

"Haha weak with alcohol as ever Snow!" Torch said with a hiccup. I did see him swimming in his own barrel earlier so i expected him to be drunk.

"Who's bird is that?" I ask Scarlet.

"I don't know!" Ahh, yea sure, iam sure the owner will be okay with this and the Sprite themselves is being stuffed with Mana so it'll agree.

I nodded and told Scarlet "what position do you want to be draw in?"

"Hmm, this?" With the two pets in hand, she sat down opposite of me with a smile.

"Great, do you want them to be screaming, doll like or happy?" Yea, one look crazy high and the other was dead drunk, not a good thing to be included in a happy photo.

"Hmm, just keep it like they are now!"

"You sure?"

"Yes!"

Oh well, she wanted it.

I didn't need her to stand still like other artists, just stand their for a second and i can recreate it.

Afterward i told her she can move again, she quickly ran over to me to watch me draw her. Impatiently watching me, she said again "your really good!"

"Thank you Scarlet, now do you want the background or just you and the two Sprites?"

"I want everything ofcourse!" Okay, but that chaotic scene behind may ruin the image.

"Got it"

After 20 minute of drawing i finished the chaos which was the picture, Scarlet in the middle while all around her Adults dance like their's no tomorrow. I even got Uncle Tommy on the table in the back ground and her parents a bit.

Looking at the scene we couldn't help but laugh, "what total chaos" i said before ask Scarlet "do you want to keep the picture?"

"Yes, no, no i mean no!" What's with the change in mind? Was it the chaotic background? "You should keep it Silver!" She told me before quickly hopping off to Aqua and Qunii, yea she's definitely drunk.

I get out a sigh and turn back to draw Aqua and Qunii. Over my shoulder, an head popped over to see what i was doing.

"That's a fine hand boy" behind me was that old wizard man.

"Thank you senior, are you perhaps interested?" Formal and humble greeting had become a habit long ago and iam sure it'll do me good in the future.

The old wizard stroke his beard and ask me "will you be willing to sell me that picture once it's done?"

Sell? "Sorry, but you could ask me to draw your own"

"Oh are you willing to draw someone than?"

"As long as it's moral" don't ask why i ask that "than let it be done"

"Hm, see that nice lady over there?" He pointed at Ashley who was laughing away with Shomy, too drunk to care about each other. "I want a fine picture of her"

I raise my eyebrow at the old wizard "May i ask why?"

"You see here, ever since i was 18, she had become the center of my world"

Ahh, what?

"Just seeing her rejuvenates my desires again, now kind and talented boy, would you please be so kind to bestow upon me an portrait of this goddess?"

I took a deep breath and ask "what is your relationship to her?"

"Ofcourse no more than a nameless follower" what the.

This old wizard give me the creeps so i rejected the request "sorry, ask for something more normal, not an idol please"

"What a shame" he said "well if i find anything worthy to be recorded, i'll come to you than"

"Yes seniors, but before you go, may i know your name?"

"Oh my name? That would be Edger Sage and a devoted believer of Lady Ashley, may i ask for your boy?"

Right i haven't told him my name "sorry for my late introduction, iam Silver, my parents are Corl and Anny and Aqua is my little sister, so if you can't find me, as them"

"Those two troublemakers, well let us enjoy this celebration for a new year together"

"Yes Senior Edger"

"Really formal you are Silver, but call me Sage"

"Will do Senior Sage"

As i reject an cup of purple liquid he offer up to me, Ashley shouted for Edger "Sage! Let's have a drinking contest and empty out Darwin's stash!"

"Yes Lady Ashley" Sage said farwell and joyfully walks over and Shomy placed an barrel of wine infront of him.

Watching him force wine down his throat, an plate was placed infront of me on it was an cake?

"Here you go Silver" Mother who i had been wounder where she went told me, helding me an fork and napkin.

"Did you go into the kitchen to make this for me?"

"Ofcourse! I heard from your little sister that you loved honey and so i made an extra sweet cake for you"

"Thanks Mother"

After 2 years i can now finally appreciate all the things Mother does for me. Never rejecting or feeling guilty of it.

This was my first time having cake in Sif, i wounder how it differs from ones on Earth?

I cut a piece off with the fork and ate it, sugerly, sugerly, good but all i taste was just suger and suger, no bread or anything else.

I didn't hate it being overbearing with sweets, but it kind of ruins the idea of an cake.

"Is it good?" Mother ask.

"Yes, though their to much suger and i can't taste the bread, it's good"

"That's great!" She smiles and than ask me another question "now where's your Father?"

Father, i think he said he was going to hang out with his friends over there. Looking over i see Father on the table gulping down a barrel of liquor while everyone encourage him on.

"Oh dear" Mother said and walked over to the group.

Pushing her way through until she got under Father who just finished drinking and threw the barrel down. Mother grabbed Father's leg and pulled him off the table while everyone laughed.

Observing such a scene, i slowly ate the cake because no way can i eat it fast with so much suger inside. As i was going to stab another piece, it missed and hit the wooden tae bellow, i look at how that happened and see the cake and plate was gone.

Looking around i found it in Aqua's hand and she was running back to Grandmother Qunii shouting "Grandma, Grandma look what i found!"

Are you drunk?! Can't you see i was eating that moron?!

I ran to Aqua who was now questioning where a spoon went and when she saw me, had the audacity to ask me "Sil have you seen a spoon or fork?!"

I held my urge to hit Aqua and let her be.

Qunii must of have known ahat was happening and ask me "this is your cake Silver?"

"Yes Grandmother Qunii, can i have it back?"

"Why ofcourse Dear, i apologize about getting Aqua drunk, she seem to of have mistaken her cup for Scarlets and is weak to drinks"

"It's no bother Grandmother Qunii, i just hope Aqua won't do anything more stupid"

I let out a sigh and sat next to Grandmother Qunii who has now having a tight grip on Aqua to keep her from doing anything in her drunken state.

"Grandmother Qunii, what do you think of this?" I said showing her the drawing of her and Aqua before this happened.

Qunii was surprused by the art and told me "this is wonderful Dear, do you like drawing?"

"Not in particular, i just draw to capture scenes and important memories"

"Well it's beautiful art Silver, can you perhaps show me some of your other works?"

"I only have 2 including this one, here's the other with Scarlet" i showed Qunii the second and more complete one of Scarlet surrounded in chaos with an high bird and an drunk Torch in hand.

Qunii took the book and said with an small laugh "that's so sweet" yea just ignore the background and the two dying Sprites and it's an cute drawing of an little girl.

"Thank you Grandma!" Though iam sure Grandmother Qunii was tying to compliment me, Scarlet was the one to accept it.

"Is she causing some trouble?" I ask worrying seeing Scarlet jump around them, she wasn't drinking anymore but the side effects still linger which is troublesome with an already active kid.

Why couldn't she be like those people that get's really embarrassed and insecure about themselves after they get drunk, at least than she won't be up and jumping on people.

Speaking of jumping on people, she got up on a chair and when i was wondering what she was doing, she leaped off the chair.

It was a small fall, if she don't miss the landing, she come out unscathed but that wasn't my concern, she was leaping with wide arm for someone's back.

She landing on the man's waist making him jump and try to shake Scarlet off but she kept an strong grip on his waist laughing at the fun ride she was getting.

The man started freaking out yelling "the curse, THE CURSE!" I didn't know what he was shouting about, but i think it's time to help.

Now i recognize that man, Larry, the village head. I've heard stories of him, an boneless man, but a greate planner and piece maker, he's also said to be strong but seeing him scared witless because of an children don't scream powerful or smart.

"It's just Scarlet, Larry" his wife, Neil let out a sigh and pryed the playful Scarlet off him and put her down "why don't you go play with the kids your age?" She pointed at me eating the cake.

Scarlet stared at me blankly for a second before walking over, is something wrong with her?

"Sil can i have some?" She ask politely.

"Sure just grab another fork" eating this much suger is bad for me anyways and i can feel my withdrawal after eating half of it already.

Ignoring my words, she grabbed my fork that i left on the plate because i was getting my notebook back from Grandmother Qunii, and plunged it into the last half before eating it like a skewer.

"Good?" She said confusedly at me.

"You can't appreciate it because your not sober and the taste of wine tainted your lips" i told her.

I held up my plate telling her if she can't or doesn't want to eat it, drop it. She didn't and wanted to put it down but created a mess by shaking the cake until it slips off the fork, in the end the cake was now a complete mess that even i lost appetite from.

"You can have the rest!" Scarlet innocently told me before walking off with my fork.

How am i supposed to eat this mess without a fork?! I wanted to yell.

As she was strolling alway, Grandmother Qunii called her back "Scarlet Dear, why don't you sit with us until you sober up?"

Her head turned around and she place her finger on her lips before running over and jumping on Aqua and Qunii.

I let out a sigh and tried to ignore the world around me and continue on my drawings.

Later that night i wanted to go home to sleep, but Scarlet kept me there by using me as her new toy. I somehow got a bit of sleep after half the drunkers passed out and all was left was the sober and Uncle Tommy who was cursing everyone on their alcohol tolerance.

*****

"Who ate all the suger?!"

As daylight creep into the room i saw snow raining down from the heavens from the window before an loud yell woke me up from much need slumber.

Sitting up i found myself covered by a blanket, next to me was Aqua who was still in deep sleep. Scarlet was right beside her half hanging off the table, the table what a dangerous place to sleep on.

Removing the blanket and pilling it on Aqua, i hopped off the bed and landed on someone, Claudius who seem to of have forgotten his business look and stripped his chest barren aside from an crystal necklace.

I accidentally landed on his open stomach, waking him up instantly and he rowed around the little space he had. Since i was on him as soon as he started whaling, i was tripped and landed on my ass beath the table, luckily not hitting my head on the way.

"Okay Shomy was this you?!" From the kitchen, Darwin walked out with an half empty bag of what i assume was the suger he's fuming about.

Shomy rubbed her blue hair while tying to recover from a hangover "hm? Suger? You have some?"

Darwin ignored her after she stated that she didn't know he even had suger in the back "that kid isn't here either" Darwin was probably talking about Siege since he's the only kid not present right now.

Being unable to find him, he look towards me "Silver know anything?"

Wasn't Mother the only one playing with sweats last night? Unless these crazy people use suger to at more favor to their wine, "no?"

"Damn! That was half a month's worth of suger!" Pity, i laugh under my breath as he walks back into the kitchen.

Behind me Scarlet finally woke up and as she was stretching she fell off the table and seems okay but right after started throwing up.

Ignoring her i got up and wanted to wash my self after tonight and went home. Pass the questionable opposition of sleep many of drunken individuals have, even my wife was never this bad.

Ashley had an unusual position where she show no shame in exposing her legs and private part, or what i think, but an blanket was tying it's best to cover it but it's slipping off.

Sage looks to of have been crying while hugging Uncle Tommy who was laying on the floor with an spilled mug of wine staining his whole body.

Mother and Father was at least normal with them sleeping next to the table me and the girls were sleeping on. They lean on each other like an younge couple.

Larry was being spoon by his wife in the corner while Neil slowly courest his hair.

Grandmother Qunii was no where to be found along with Taiya who was just there to make sure her son doesn't get out of hand with drinking, the same cannot be said for Cedric who i found laying flat across a table with a note on his stomach.

Last was that couple, on one of the table Ron was happily sleeping on the breast of Ruby, might not sound bad, but they were naked. I now have to question how they will raise Scarlet, do i have to teach her common sense?

After getting out of that hell hole, i took a deep breathe of fresh air, as snow started to trickle on my cheeks. As i do, an hand grab my shoulder and i turn to see Scarlet who ask me "where are you going?"

"I'am going to wash myself" i answer.

"Perfect timing!" Iam a bit worry "can i use your bath?!"

"Can't you use your own?" The bath should be magical as well like ours.

"Our Magic Crystal ran out of juice and Uncle Claudius hasn't given us a new one yet"

"Can't you replace it with the one in the sink? You can always move it back"

"That's not that simple Sil! That'll mess up the formula and it'll break both of them!"

"Hm?" But i seen Father change swap Magic Crystal a few times and it seem as easily as replacing a crystal for another one.

But i don't really feel like arguing over Scarlet over this "fine"

"Yaah!" Scarlet jumped in joy before leading us home "Sil are you willing to join me?!"

"Ofcourse not"

"Why not?" Why not? Moral issues will plague me as well as my conscious telling me no.

"Because i like taking my bathe alone"

"Come on! It'll be fun! I've only ever bathe with Aqua! It would be a new experience with you!"

"Well you can go back and get Aqua to bathe with you again, because i refuse"

"Come on Sil! Please?!"

"Why are you desperate to bathe with me?"

"Well, i can't bathe unless iam with someone else"

"What's the real reason?"

"Hm, i don't fond bathing fun unless i'am with someone else" you just want a play mate in the water.

"Well you have to learn to use the bath alone at some point"

"What?! Why?!"

"That's just how growing up works" the older you are the less fun life gets.

"Iam an grownup!"

"No your not Scarlet, you're 10 and in all definition, an kid" she puff her cheeks like an child and speed walked ahead.

Seeing her like this i regret not being Aqua along, still if i did, things can also get worse.

Stepping into the empty house, Scarlet ran to a second door located right next to the basement door under the stairs. Opening it, an staircase went down a feet before hitting the stone floor.

The bathroom was that large, most of it is occupied by the bath which was like an small pool and it's water generator which also acts like an heater.

It's meant for the bath, but it works better as a heater than fireplaces or little fire Crystal's that used to heat the house in winter. So sometime on a colder day, Aqua would stay in the bathroom with the generator on but without the water Crystal activated to provide more warmth.

Scarlet had slept over many times and Aqua even sleeps over at her house when they want to talk about girly things when her parents are out. For Scarlet, this was her second house and knew it as well as us.

She started up the machine by kick starting it with her Mana. It was like an lawnmower, you have to give it a little push for it to start up, but since it's Mana won't a certain percent of the population not be able to use these machine?

Maybe they have another way of kick starting it.

As heated water begins to be created and heated up and fill the bath, Scarlet touched the steaming water and said "Sil you sure you don't want to join me? The water is perfect!"

"I'll take it after your done-"

Splash!

As i was talking Scarlet picked up a handful of water and threw it at me "Holy shit that's hot!" Wasn't enough to get burned but hell was that fucking hot! "How's that perfect?!" Staying in it will melt your skin off in minutes!

"Than can you show me the way to properly bathe than?" She planned his.

I conjure up some silver ice with my Mana and try to cool my skin off while stepping in the bathroom and adjusting the temperature only to find it was at a temperature where it should be normally warm.

Touching the magic circle where you kick start it, i found it was burning hot. Did her Mana overload it?

Seeing that i couldn't find another way to fix it aside from turning the heater to the lowest level and throwing the silver ice piece in the large tub to try and cool it down which also created an large smoke screen.

I touched the tub which was half full and it seem to of have worked wonders and felt like normal heated water like an natural warm spring.

"Okay it's good, just don't-" as i said that, an figure cloaked in the fog came from behind me and pushed me into the tub "Scarlet!" I shouted picking myself up.

She giggles and told me "now you have to take a bath with me! Your already soaking wet and in the bath!"

"I can just walk out and change you know!" I yelled back but Scarlet jumped in the bath and seem to of have already stripped while i was fixing the water temperature.

"Than i'll have to force you!" She pushed me down and started stripping me by force.

God, how fucking strong is this girl?! I shouted in my head as i fail to push her off, than "Hey hey!" After she took my shirt off and threw it away, she went after my pants.

Help me anyone! I'am about to lose all dignity to an 10 year old!

"Stop Scarlet!" As i begged, i hear the front door open and foot steps approached the bathroom but in horror they shut the door "why?!" I had to shout towards the unknown third party.

Instead of a reply they just straight up left, did they just come here to torment me?!

"Stop struggling or i'll rip you pan-" because she was having a hard time getting my pants off she threaten me but as she does, it rip anyways.

"Oh"

"Oh"

Both of us stop our struggle and took out time analyzing the damage.

"Mother's going to be mad!" I took it off myself and held it up to see the extent of the rip, it was bad, Mother going it hit me after this.

"I told you to stop moving!" Scarlet pushed the blame to me.

"And i told you beforehand to stop undressing me!"

"Well i won't have to strip you if you volunteer to do it yourself!"

"Well i didn't!"

As a fight ensued within the tub i didn't notice that another person had enter the house and open the bathroom door as me and Scarlet was fighting over who will take the blame.

We stopped when an blast of blue wind blew the smog out an mall air hole in the corner of the room. Our heads never turned so fast towards something.

Standing at the doorway was an bewilder and angry Aqua.

The first thing we thought would come out of her mouth would be why we were fighting but she shouted "why didn't you tell me you two were taking a bath together! I want to join!"

"N-!" My mouth was shut by Scarlet who excitedly answered:

"Sorry Aqua! I thought you were in dire need of sleep and didn't wake you up!" She told her.

"Forgiven" that easily? Seriously Aqua "shouldn't you turn off the water Crystal?" Why?

"Oh god!" I shouted as i realized the tub was overflowing and rushed to stop it, i let out a sigh after shutting it off, but the heater part seem to of have cooled itself and i turn it back on to normal.

Letting out a sigh, Aqua shut the door which brought me back to my right state of mind. As i was about leave, Scarlet from behind leaped and took off the last piece of clothes i had which took me by surprise as i was dragged underwater.

Scarlet iam going to kill you! Resurging i found Scarlet holding my underwear in victory "now you have to join us"

"Ha, fine" rejecting brough on so much trouble so i just accepted to stop anything from getting worse.

"Yeah!" Scarlet celebrated her victory by jumping in joy causing water to splash all over the place.

Maybe she does need lessons on social decency.

"Stop jumping Scarlet, your wasting water" i calm her down and force her to seat down on the edge of the tub.

Aqua picked up some shampoo from the corner where our family kept them in a neat set and ran to me "Sil, Sil i want you to wash my hair!"

"Sure sure" i told her to stand still and poured a bit of water on her hair to ready it

As i began to mix the shampoo into her hair, Scarlet asked "can you wash my hair too?!"

"Do it yourself" clearly i haven't forgiven you Scarlet.

"Boohoo" she said before getting an handful of shampoo, luckily in her ungrown hand, it wasn't really that much.

She smiles at me and close the distance and clapped it in my hair, before starting to scrub really hard to where i think she's tying to get revenge.

"Scarlet don't be so rough!" I cursed her.

"Hehe, you're so cute when your angry" she giggles.

Cute?! "Like hell!"

"Sil!" Because of my frustration with Scarlet i accidentally did what i told Scarlet not to do to Aqua who snapped back.

"Haa" i let out a heavy sigh and slowly rub and wash Aqua's hair as i endure Scarlet's fist.

As i wash away the soup from Aqua's silky hair she ask me "Sil do you like us?"

Like? More like endure, but i actually do enjoy their company sometimes, just not all the time but i do love them as an second family "Yes Aqua i love you"

"Mmmmm" she made a strange noise and a satisfied face when she heard the answer.

Jumping from behind, Scarlet also ask the same question "what about me Sil, do you love me?!"

"Your special" i answer blankly.

I expected Scarlet to take offense or question why, but she took that comment as a compliment and hugged my head "thank you Silver" she said with a smile.

To that smile i couldn't tell her being special was meaning, too overly energetic and stubborn with everything she does, but that can be a good thing i guess.

After that sweet interaction, the rest of the time in the bath degraded to the two playing around and bothering me for reason unknown to even god.

After having enough i hopped out of the bath to which Scarlet swam over and ask "your done Sil? That was short"

Short? I check the time and since it's winter and the run was halfway up when i woke up, and making a fine guess, "we were in the bath for more than half an hour Scarlet, i think it's also time for you to get out" i told her as i was picking up the scattered clothes.

"Boo hoo" she pouted before getting out as well, "hey Aqua can i borrow some of your clothes?" She ask Aqua who decided it was no more fun playing without Sxarlet and stepped out as well.

"Of course! Let's-" knowing she was about to run out, i threw her an towel stopping her.

"Dry yourself first" we don't want an trial of footprints all over the house.

Like an cutie animal she snuggle herself in while i clean myself, after i was done, my towel was snatched from me by Scarlet who started to use it.

I raise an eye and wanted to ask why she chose my, but i realized again that our family only have 4 towels and each was assigned personally. Scarlet didn't have one so everytime she came to sleep over, she would usually share with Aqua but lately she began to us me without my knowledge.

After realizing i existed to see no one in the livingroom. I expected Mother and Father to be back or atleast one person since we were in for so long, maybe that person who locked me in was them and admittedly left afterward.

Going up stairs and dropping the wet clothes in a basket by the door were every week Mother or Father and sometimes me, would pick up the dirty clothes and wash them.

Getting dress the two girls had snuck upstairs unnoticed by me until Scarlet poked her head in my room.

"Sil can you go to my house and pick up from of my clothes?" She ask.

"Do they not fit?" It was plane as day to see the difference in size of Scarlet and Aqua, so it wasn't a surprise when she had to retrieve her own.

"Yes! Now can you please get them?"

"What about Aqua?"

"She takes a long time to dress and i have to help her!" She complained.

"Fine" after dressing, i step out and Scarlet just watch me walk down stairs, wasn't she going to help Aqua?

I shook it off and stepped outside taking me swee- ah!

Outside waiting was Sage rubbing his beard.

"S-Senior Sage, w-what are you doing up so early?" I was by all account, frightened.

"I came where awaiting you"

"I-i can see that, but what made you wait fo-" wait a minute "c-can you be the person that shut the door?"

"Oh ho, ofcourse, i was planning to knock but the door was unlocked and i heard a struggle between a man and woman in the open bathroom, so i keep your privacy i shut it for you but i have to say you need to step up Silver"

"Step up?!" Are you a degenerate?! "Cough, now i need to go pick up from clothes" i don't want to speak about that matter any further.

He nodded and told me "i'll be waiting until we can have our little chat"

"Yea, just don't enter the house"

"I promise" he laughed making me more uncomfortable and uncertain if i should let him out of my view.

I quickly walked next door and found Mother and Father coming from the bedrooms. What are they doing?

"Oh Silver, good morning" Mother said "do you need something?"

"Scarlet needs a new set of clothes" i answer.

"I think her room is in the far back" Father said pointing to one of the two doors at the end of the hall that had a crack on the door letting light shine in "Just don't enter the room on the left" he said to to the opposite side.

"Yes Father, but why are you two here?"

"Dropping off the two who owns this place" Father scoffed.

"I see, i'll be getting the clothes than" i rush pass them and into Scarlet's room and as this was my first time in her room, was surprised at what a mess this room was.

Her clothes weren't organized and weapons including one of Ron's twin sabers were laying around. Hell their is even a make shift punching bag sitting on the bottom of the bed with my name written largely in bright red on it, along with an badly drawn picture with red sprinked on the edge.

I had to really question what Scarlet was doing out of my sights. That pillow with my name and face on it seem like it really taken a beating, i think i need to get out before i think to deeply on this.

I picked up an red dress?! She hads these?! Looking around she had at least 4 dresses.

I, i guess all girls loves dresses.

Looking at the dress i picked up i began to think, i never seen Scarlet in a dress once before, maybe this is my chance. Maybe even her ferocious aura would turn cutie, what am i thinking about, she'll be after me like that poor bag.

Even so i think it was worth it and kept the dress, after picking up an white pair of underwear and shockely she wore bars, so i got on as well.

It wasn't a gentleman's duty to go through woman's clothes, but what else Scarlet could be hidding.

Stockings, more tomboyish clothes, dresses again, a plate? Wasn't this that one plate she 'forgot' to return when bring food over from our house? A stick, wait i recognize this as well.

When we once got out weapons taken away because we were becoming to entrenched in combet without checking if the other was okay. She dragged me to the woods and we trained with sticks there, this was the exact stick she used and see even had my just a few inches away.

Was she using these as a keepsake?

If she's so dedicated to keeping memories, why didn't she ask me for that photo, maybe she's shy about it? Should i make one for her?

But if she doing this because she wanted to remember thoughs special moments, i should include Aqua. Yea the two in a picture would be really beautiful.

Thinking that Ron, who appeared at the door with an glass of water in hand startled me with his words "Silver?"

"Morning Uncle Ron" i said with an weird smile.

He looks down at the pile of clothes below me and just ask "how's Scarlet doing?"

"G-good, she just ask me to pick up some clothes after she took a bath at out house!"

"I see, i see" he said analyzing the dress and other objects in my hand "well i wish you the best of luck Silver" he nudged at me before Ruby called for her glass of water.

So awkward!

Admittedly i left, at the front door Mother and Father was having a nice talk with Sage about me but i just ignored them and shut the door behind.

Inside Aqua was running around looking through the kitchen drawers for something.

When she saw me she quickly told me "Scarlet's gone!"

Gone?

"What happened while i was gone?"

"I don't know! Before you left Scarlet bailed on me"

"Hm? Have you checked the bedrooms?"

"Yes!"

What is that girl thinking? She so going to run around naked?

"Scarlet get out here!" I yelled but no response "i have you clothes!" Still nothing.

"I told you she disappear and won't respond!" Aqua said "now help me look for her!"

I have no choice anyways "i'll double check the upstairs" sighing i went up stairs and admittedly check my room.

"How did Aqua miss this?" I said looking at an unsual rise in my blanket "Scarlet" i called but she won't move.

She had the whole blanket covering her making wonder how she breathes under there. Also was she asleep?

Pulling off the blanket Scarlet rolled out from a state of disorganization where she was drooling and confusion.

"Sil?" She ask "how long was i out?"

"Less than an hour, now stop drooling and get some clothes on you" i said passing her the dress while going to inform Aqua that Scarlet was upstairs.

Aqua quickly rushed up stairs and into my room to pouch on Scarlet who was examining the clothes i picked.

"Scarlet where were you?!" Aqua cried.

Scarlet just smiles and winked at Aqua telling her "sorry, i fell asleep in Sil's room"

Sleep you did, you created a mess, drooling on the blanket and having no care in the world. God i need to teach her some decency or she'll develop into an girl worse than Ruby, at least take a bit after you Mother's good bits.

My back as against the door when Scarlet opened it and ask "Sil how do i look?" She said twirling in the dress.

The word "Cutie" lecked out of my mouth.

"Sil, Sil i also wear dresses everyday! Arn't i also cutie?!" Aqua demanded an word as well.

"You too Aqua" Aqua's cutier in a dress but the unique of seeing Scarlet in a dress for the first time brough on a loose mouth.

"Thanks Sil" Scarlet told me while doing a elegant curtsy before giggling to herself.

I wonder where she learn that from? Her mother?

Seeing what i wanted, i left the room and walked down stairs with the two talking behind me.

Father enter the house and waved to me "Silver an old man has a perposal for you!"

"Senior Sage?" He's still waiting? Well iam a bit weary of him but i guess. "Does he want a drawing?"

"Something like that, but it's something else, Sage is an Space Mage and see's talent in Space Attribute in you and is willing to teach you"

Oh, "than i shall be talking to him" an odd man he is.

But Space Attribute, the hardest Attribute as i learned, even Aqua hit her genius limits in it. Mother even though is great at water, could beary hold an object with Space magic up.

On the other hand, i seem to be a bit gifted in this Attribute, i even beat Aqua in quality in it but that does little to the big picture.

It was hard to control even with the advantage my memorys has, focussing on keeping an object lifted, moving it. The hardest part was Space's special form of conjuring, it needed to be in stable condition between it's physical and Mana form because Space magic is the only known Attribute where a spell won't work if all of the Mana is converted to the element.

It like having an thin piece of plastic that can be broken with the lightest lf touch. That thin piece of plastic could be called space and your Mana is the force that's touching it.

To activate a spell the Mana has to interact with the space, touch it and move or drag along the thin piece of plastic. To much force will punch a hole right through it, but luckily it doesn't create an black hole, instead it absobs all the force and revert back to it's original state.

This as essentially surgery with your mind, hard can not describe it.

So when i learned that Sage was an Space Mage, it peaked my interest in him.

Maybe i really shpuld hear him out.

When i came out, he was gone and Mother told me to wait for him in the woods pointing to the west.

I got my notebook and pencils ready since he probably wants something involving drawing in return.

Scarlet and Aqua wanted to some along, but Mother told them Sage can only teach him which made them suspicion. They try to sneak after me but was caught by Father.

In the woods i found an unusual shape rock that wasn't there before. It was a word that said 'here', guess this is where he wants me to wait.

For half an hour i waited until i see two figure coming from the village, Sage was one of them and the other was Ashley.

As they approached i jump and and greeted Ashley "morning Aunt Ashley"

She was a tall woman so she almost seem like an mountain when she was above me. Kneeling down she said "Silver hm? You are truly mysterious"

"Hm?"

"Nothing much, just rumors spread across an table" has rumors about me gone around the village behind my back?! "But that isn't our concern right Silver?"

"Y-yes madam"

"Than, about my picture"

You want?

Sage pull me to the said and whisper to me "i told Ashley you promise to make a portrait of her"

"What?!" I whisper back.

"Would you be so kind Silver? Not for me but for Lady Ashley? I teach you some of my arts after this" he promised.

"Fine" i turn around and held my notebook to my chest "iam sorry i only have a small notebook, but would it be fine?"

"Of course, but are you able to capture everything with that little pencil?"

"I have the 6 essential color's" i said spinning the red in my hand. "And i'll use monochrome for the colors i lack, are you okay with that madam?"

"That is fine, but first, can you show some of your other works?"

I nodded and handed her my notebook "i got this notebook yesterday so only two pictures are drawn"

She took it and flipped it open to an surprise "my, this is great, not even that camera of Shomy could get this type of expression" after seeing the last of the two she rapidly flipped through the pages making sure i wasn't lying and closes it with high expectations.

Seeing her hopeful expression a naturally business smile floating on my lips.

The power my drawing holds that injects emotions and even make people sympathize with them is influential among the old and growning apathetic people.

It gives them the feeling they always hoped for, happiness, isolation, wonder and many other. These sketches were my why of showing my emotions, my experience and my life.

When she handed it back to me i admittedly began work "Than let us get started, do you want the scenery around you?"

"If you would please"

"What type of portrait? Emotional moment? Elegant posters, one that expresses your beauty? More scenery captive that makes you look more in one with nature? Or maybe an complete focuse on you? Make your face stand out more or less? Add more brightness to certain parts, the face is recommended if you want t-"

An hand grabbed my shoulder as i was writing down the list. I miss that 2 page order form my wife made, it would of have been a lot easier with that thing that made new costumers have headaches.

"Sorry was that to much?"

"Y-yes" Ashley nodded "c-can you just make a normal drawing that makes me stand out?"

"Simple enough, take any pose you want"

She stood infront of a tree and created a huge smile on her face.

Now as ritual i have to focus upon the parts that needs emphasis.

Long, almost glowing red hair that is just as beauiful as Scarlet's. An nice smile that welcomes anyone or anything. Eyes that burn red that seem like it would burst out any second. A red dress befitting of a queen but with the attitude of an sleeping dragon, i mean princess.

Her figure glowed with an uniqueness around it that seem to release an wave of warmth that will burn if anyone gets to close. She stood out an sore thumb upon the green back ground where i expect a woman like her to be sitting upon an golden throne.

Odd, odd indeed.

After examining her for a minute i told her "it is done, i will have your portrait done by the afternoon"

"Hm? That fast?"

"Yes, i have a good memory that allow me to remember strange details from days ago, an few hours and you won't fade that fast"

"I see, well when you are done, come to my house and i'll reward you Silver"

"No need madam, Senior Sage had already promise me an reward"

"Well than, Sage i expect the boy to be payed in full"

Sage happily agreed and Ashley left right after.

Aftee she was gone i ask Sage "are you really an Space Mage?"

"Ofcourse Silver boy! Why would this old man lie to you?"

"Than can you show me an spell?" How does an real Space Mage caste an spell?

He nodded and took out an small staff from his sleeve. Unlike Mother's or Ruby's, his was more humble, made of wood and with only one crystal at the butt.

Hoping i would learn something from the demonstration, i carefully watch every one of his movements.

He raise his wand to an tree and i didn't know when or where, but around the tree, his golden Mana had already rapped itself around the trunk and started to lift it up from the around.

The golden Mana was much but i can tell the quality of Sage's Mana was just shy of Aqua's. For comparison my quality was three times higher, but here Sage is lifting an whole tree with just one third of the strength i held.

How i knew his Space Attribute was lower, say it was intuition and comparison to Aqua's

Not just that, how was he able to get his Mana around the tree trunk without showing any signs of it leaving his body?

After the demonstration he sighed and said "i really am getting old"

"H-how were you able to do that?" I said still baffled by his spell.

"Every Master Mage has their secret technique but let me tell you this Silver, Spells are useless, only use your imagination, with that in mind, arn't you a bit hungry? Why don't we head for Wild Treats to eat? There i will tell you a bit more about my reason for talking to you in secret, well aside from the portrait" he laughed.

What an interesting and weird man.

Arriving at Darwin's shop, hungry was finally catching up to me.

Stepping inside i wonder if Aqua or Scarlet have eaten yet, probably since Mother most likely not let them leave without their full.

I was impressed by Martha and Darwin in their ability to clean this place, the tables that fell or broke from people standing on them have been raplaced. The floor has been stubbed clean of beer and people as well, in honesty iam impressed.

Martha who look brighter in normal greeted us at the counter with an smile "morning Silver and, hm? Mr. Edgar!"

"Sage?" Darwin said popping his head out of the kitchen, conferring it was Sage he stepped out and greeted him warmly "it's nice to see you again!"

"You only say that because iam the only one who doesn't get a discount on the food" Sage clicked his tongue in return.

"Hahaha! Now sit down, we'll happily take both your orders!"

We sat in the same table that me, Aqua and Scarlet slepted on just yesterday.

Martha run over with a wagging tail and ask "what would you like Silver? Mr. Edgar?"

"Anything new?" Sage ask.

"Yes! Ramen! Darling just made the break through in the seasoning yesterday and it ready to serve!"

Sage shot up an slammed his hand on the table "Order two! No three! One for the boy and two for me!"

"That will be 56 silver coins for each serving" Martha said with an innocent smile.

"56?!"

"Yes" Martha was also a bit disgruntled about the price "the traders in the country has prioritize those with Marks and those with Marks has been sucking all the supplies away, bearly any is being transferred here now" wow, that must be rough.

"I expected those Players would do something like these, but shouldn't Seascape also have priority?"

"We should but due to an vote on whether we should also expose our small village was full of Marked individuals, it was a landslide on no" she let out a sigh "it doesn't help the village is so far away from the capital and borders the sea and two other countries, right now we are think of actually striking a deal with Aspen or Sya"

"So the price has gone up again" Sage also let out a heavy sigh "still i'll willing to pay full"

"Thank you Mr. Edgar!" Martha bowed and run back to quickly relay the order to Darwin.

While they were discussing that, i actually got to work on that portrait and after Martha left i ask Sage while multy tasking "didn't you need to tell me something?"

"Ah yes" he cleared he throat and began "Silver i see talent in Space Attribute in you" hearing that i put down my red and listen in closer "we Space Mage has a strange ability to tell if one was another Space Mage because of the spacial propertie of our Mana where even inside us, it creates an natural space distortion that other Space Mage's can pick up if they keep an open eyes"

Than this maybe why i felt Sage was so odd, was i picking this strange phenomenon up?

"But you were different," he continue, "i didn't even have to focus one bit to sense the space distortion, meaning you have extreme high talent in Space Attribute Silver, that's why i want you to be my student, under my guidance i believe you can even rival The Chosen ones"

"The Chosen ones?"

"Yes, beings who will change and challenge the world! Now Silver don't you want to be able to defy the impossible?"

Yes, yes more than anything "yes" i answer "Senior Sage would you teach me than? I'll accept any condition as long as it's not too radical"

"Good Silver! I request nothing but your willingness to learn! My time is running out and i need an successor to my Mage Art and you are the perfect candidate Silver!"

****

Making that deal, Sage told me to call him Master which i didn't mind. He told me he was going to retire right after he taught me everything to Space Magic and live a nice life in this village.

During the time, if i fail to grasp Space magic before i turn 15, i won't receive an special reward that Sage said would help me greatly in the future.

With my hopes high, i finish drawing Ashley and passed it to her as i left. As expected she was rather pleased with the result but an chell down my back as i walked out of the house.

Down at the beach i naturally found Aqua and Scarlet playing in the shallow water infront of the setting sun, getting both their dress soaked.

Watching them so happy i felt an bit of happiness as well as loneliness.

They stop playing when they saw me and ran over asking where i have been, to which i answer, it's a secret.

Obviously they got mad that i didn't hang out with them and wouldn't tell where i have been, so they forced me to play with them tomorrow like aways.

"Sil are you okay? You've been smiling ever since we saw you" Scarlet who sat next to me ask.

I wipe it off but it return rught after so i stopped tying "nothing much" i just found a lost step towards my goal that's all. "Hey Scarlet do you want me to draw a picture of us together?" I randomly ask.

"Why would make you think i would ask that?" She said.

"Nothing much, just an guess, but do you want one with the three of us? I'll create three copies so each of us can have one"

"Really!?" Scarlet ask "will you really create one for each of us?!"

"Ofcourse"

"Thanks!" Scarlet was overjoyed and jumped on me, she hugged me with all her might which felt like i was being crushed between two walls.

"Yes, yes! Please let me go Scarlet!" She did as i ask and let me go from her bear hug "ha, can you call Aqua over for an group photo?"

She didn't have too as Aqua was already on the other side of me just as enthusiastic about the group picture as Scarlet was.

"How are we going to do it?!" Aqua hurriedly ask me.

"Just huddle around me and look towards the direction i'am facing"

""Hm?"" They look confusedly towards the sea.

I chuckle at their lost expression and told them "Trust me you two, have you best face why don't you?"

They were still lost but nodded and both hugged my arm as they had an smile looking towards the sunset.

"Perfect you two, i'll have it done by two days"

"How are you going to include us when your looking towards the sun?" Scarlet ask not letting go of me.

"I have my ways" i said.

She release me, got up and started to head home, but as she does she twirl around in her dress and said "i'll be waiting Silver" with an beautiful smile that made my heart skip an beat.

Maybe i should really should treasure my second chance.

It was in these sweet moments i question myself, what is my true purpose? What would happen if i succeed and return to Earth? What will happen to everyone i left?

M-maybe i should stay? M-may-

Pat

"Sil are you okay?" Aqua look at me concern about my emotional state.

I just nodded and said "yea, yea, Aqua let's go home, it's getting late"

Aqua was worry sicked but agreed "okay"


Note:

Players- A slang for arrogant people who holds a Mark.

Ps.

Pain to write such a long chapter under an day and i barely have the next chapter figure out because all my organization gone to shit after last week.

I hope to get the next chapter out on time. 

0