Chapter 6: Limits To Power
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Limits To Power

Enjoy the chapter!

Beat

Beat

Beat

I open my conciousness to an strange room, decorated with lavished gold, diamond, silver, ruby and many other colorfully jews that line the bottom of the walls. The wall themselves look to of have been made of marbles, so pure white i could see an clear reflection of myself in them.

I stood in wonder before this grand walkway and was greeted by the beating of what i assume is an heart. Where it came from was the end of the hallway were heavy light blinds me from seeing anything beyond.

Behind me was an wooden door that was closed tightly and an feeling inside me told me i was obliged to trespass that door. It wasn't because it was dangerous, but because every fiber of me didn't want to take a step closer to it.

Beat

Beat

Beat

But i wasn't interested in that door at all, i was more curious what layed at the end of this hallway and where that strange rhyming beat was coming from.

Walking down the hallway and into the blinding light, i knew this was going to be beyond Sif's normalcy so i prepared myself for any sort of shock.

After my eyes readjusted, i was met by an almost fantastical sight.

I stood within a library that seem to stretch to infinity, books floated about in the open chamber unaffected by gravity. Some stayed unmoved while others flew around and organized themselves on the giant shelves.

In the middle of the chamber wad an huge white pillow layed on the ground that held an silver hair boy who layed lost in thought glaring towards the ceiling.

He didn't notice my approach as i began to wonder what made him go into such an empty minded state.

I look up above and what i saw was an single picture of an red haired girl in a dirty dress that had an beautiful smile facing towards the boy.

Beat

Beat

My heart, why does it beat after so long?

What is this feeling that i feel? Happiness? Sadness? The itching and swelling of an heart.

Tear welled up in my eyes as an single droplet fell from my cheek. Up until now i had made no sound, but that single tear woke up the sleeping dreamer on the large pillow.

"Another guest?" He said looking over still dazed from that emotionally powerful picture. I wipped away the tears that i never had wipped for tears in centurys and recollected myself.

"It's been a while Silver" i greeted the Silver.

He realized who i was and slowly got up "it has been a while Goddess" up top, the picture vanished, leaving me feeling a bit empty but i had other business to attend to than to stare at a picture. "Sorry about that before, i was in lost for a moment" he said rubbing the back of his head a bit embarrassed.

Polite and calm like before, truly odd that he doesn't find someone barging into his dreams as abnormal.

He stopped and corrected himself asking "What is the honor of meeting you tonight?" The pillow disappear behind him and an table appeared in it's stead. On it was an collection of drinks and two pretty sets of cups and plates sits on both sides. "Please take a seat, though this isn't much in reality, i will accommodate you to the best of my capabilities"

The chair sild itself open for me and i took a seat without hesitation. He did the same on the opposite side and made the tea pot magically pour us an cup of amber color tea.

On the plate appeared an 5 by 5 cm dark cub that was presented to me. Curiously i picked one up and examined it.

"Chocolate, my favorite treat back home" Silver told me taking one from his own plate and eating it "but sadly everything in the world is an imitation so it's a bit meaningless but i hope you can still enjoy it with me"

I bit into it and felt the rush of suger, "Was this made from ingredients from your original world?" I ask.

In Sif, suger from the Suger Leaf was common in the Demon's territory but hard to find in any Human, Dwarf and Beastkin country. Only on the Elf's land can it be grown but the Elf's, they are stingy about sells and increase the normal price by an unreasonable amount so only the rich can afford them, but i heard rumors they were increasing the price again by 2 folds which will likely cause an ruckus.

Not only that, the suger that comes from it is little to non, taking a small hill of these Suger Left to make a few pound of 'good' suger.

Still what seem like high quality suger in Sif is not like high quality in other worlds, as it can be labeled as low quality if someone decides to sell 'good' suger from Sif in another world.

A pity really that suger can create something as wonder as this chocolate. But the likely hood of finding such ingredient in Sif is low unless an Traveler brought it to Sif like how the hero Shiro brough many seeds from his world to ours.

Some of them flourished and become stapled like wheat, carrots, grapes, corns, peppers, amongst others.

While enjoying the sweet treat and pleasant tea, i ask Silver "your rather prepared for an guest"

When he first notice me, he said 'another guest', was there one before me? That's what he wanted to know.

"Yes" Silver sighed "it's rare to have guest over here so when i do, i have these specially perpared"

"Do you have other guest besides me?" I question him.

He nodded, "an librarian comes here every week or two to rumish around the memory section"

An librarian, i wonder who could it be "what's this librarian's name?"

He shrugged his shoulders "she never told me, always answering 'too many to count'" as he drink an cup of tea he told me "but the only real answer i gotten was Gaia"

"Gaia" no god has a name like that and iam sure nothing in Sif has that name. "Does that name stand of anything?"

Maybe in Silver original world it has it's meaning and i was right.

"Gaia, the mother of Earth, an primordial being that symbolize life and the earth, do you want to hear her tale?"

An god from Silver's world, that would be interesting "please do"

He nodded and held his right hand up in the air. From the library, an thick book flew out from the many section and landed perfectly in Silver's hand.

Silver threw the book infront of him letting it levitate in a suitable place before the thick book started to flip on it's own until it stopped at a page not even a 1/20 of the way through, but that was still at least 200 pages.

"Gaia said to be one of the 4 primordial deities, she signifies the earth or the planet that i lived on in my previous world, now Goddess i'am about to tell you an old tale so common sense of today does not match those of this story so please keep an open mind"

"I appreciate the warning but please go on"

"With the help of Eros, one of the 4 other deities and the embodiment of love, Gaia gave birth to Uranus or the sky above, afterward, Uranus became Gaia's wife and had three different types of offspring"

I see why he warned me, but this is a intriguing story.

"Gaia gave brith to three one-eye cyclops, Arges, Steropes and Brontes who were all talented craftsmens, along with the three cyclops, were the three hundred armed hecatoncheires" he stopped for a minute and took a sip of tea before starting again "the three was Briareus, the vigorous, Cottus the striker and Gyges the big-limbed. The three hecatoncheirs together represented the stroms, earthquake and hurricanes

"The last of the 3 was the 12 titans, but will focus on Chronos. During Uranus rule he was an ruthless and cruel father and husband, he imprisoned all 18 of his children beneath the earth or what is said to be Gaia's womb

"Gaia wasn't pleased by the imprisonment of her children and inspired her sons to revolt against their father, sadly all but one stood up, the youngest of the titan, Chronos

"He was given a sickle by his mother to slay his father, as Uranus was about to lay upon Gaia once one, Chronos appeared and lobbed off his testicles which flew into the ocean, later creating Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty

"After his father died, Chronos was crowned kinged and married his titan sister Rhea after imprisoning all the Cyclops and Hecatoncheirs in tartarus, taking the place as ruler from his father. As time pass, Gaia foretold that Chronos will be overthrown by his son

"To stop this from coming true, Chronos devoured his 5 children at birth leaving Rhea distressed. Under the plan of Gaia, on her 6th child, Zeus, Rhea left the child in the care of nymphs and fed Chronos an stone disguised as the baby Zeus

"Later, Zeus would raise up and feed metis, an drug that would make one vomit, to his father during one of his feast where Zeus was disguised as an butler and after Chronos disgusted the metis, he vomited up the 5 children, Hera, Hades, Poseidon, Hestia and Demeter who followed Zeus as their own king

"As Chronos had not die, he called up his titans who feared the rise of a new ruling god, this would start an decide long war with the Titans and the newly formed Olympians

"At one moment, when the Olympian was fated to lose, Gaia told Zeus to head to tartarus to free her childrens, Zeus followed his grandmothers words and freed them and as compensation, the Cyclops forged each Olympian their own equipment, for Zeus it would be his thunderbolt which would come to represent him, as for the Hecatoncheirs, they helped aid the Olympians in the war

"With their help, the Olympian won the war and were crowned gods and banished the Titans expect for Atlas who was punished to hold the universe upon his shoulder

"Gaia saw no need for such punishment of her children and gave birth to one last children, the Typon, the most powerful creature to exist

"Zeus was the only Olympian courageous enough to challenge Typon and lost miserably the first time and was forced to retreat, but after a second battle he conquered and slay the beast ending Gaia's plot"

Silver let out a sigh and chugged tea down his throat fromt the small cup for a minute before wipping it off his lip.

"Sorry for that, every though this is a dream, talking too much still makes my mouth dry, but did you find the story interesting goddess?"

"I for sure did Silver, that was though, a weird tell of family love and betrayals" i was generally entertained, it was by all accounts and fascinating story of birth of gods, different from how gods are created in Sif.

"Greek mythology has loads of weird and questionable tales, but i have to shorten the one about Gaia down by a bit" he laughed along but than stop to ask me "what about you goddess? You must have tales from Sif as well"

"Tale's, as an god things are rather dull, but i can tell you of the story of an little girl who wished to rid boredom and ended with a broken heart" gods never truly hear or investigate run of the mill tales or rumors so i know little, but this is one i know all to well.

"An tale of a girl, you got my attention" he said leaning in closer.

I took a slip of tea and ready myself " thousands of years ago lived an girl more perfect from that rest of her peers, back than magic was an unknown art and the people developed an distaste and unnecessary hatred towards those what wielded magic and called them Witch's and Wizard's, different from the term we call them today

"The peerless girl was bored one day and stumbled upon an abandoned house far in the woods that belonged to an Witch that had been killed just a week ago, she was tempted to burn the Witches hut down as that what she was told to do, but her curiosity got the better of her and she adventure in

"Stepping inside she found an fascination with magic, learning she herself can use Mana, every day in secret or when she was bored, she could sneak out and study at the Witches hut until one day, tragedy struck

"Her tribe was attacked by an tribe and to save her people, she used the magic she learned to wipe out the attacks, what she expected was praised like she would always get but instead her own people feared her, unable to fight back, she was banished

"The feeling of being ignored and thrown out was new to her, never had she been treated so ruthlessly and so she cried and cried cursing herself for ever stepping foot into the Witches hut

"But than, an boy appeared who belong to no tribe and had touched the stars, an wanderer that traveled the world in search for truth, he pityed the younge girl and took her along on his wild journey

"Unlike the barbaric tribes he was rational about the idea of magic and wanted to learn such art only to learn he had no talent for such thing

"But he did not grief over such small matters and instead developed a new type of way to create magic, through using one's own body to conjure up Mana" yes this boy was said to be the first to discover the use of Human Mana Pool.

Pausing for a moment to drink, Silver took the time to ask me "wait so what magic was the girl and Witches and Wizards using?"

I held my hand out and without the need for an Mana organ, created an ball of ice "True Magic, something much much rarer than the normal Mage's today that doesn't rely on bloodline or luck, but pure talent in magic"

Yes, True Magic has no boundaries like Elemental or Attribute Mana. It was separates mortal Mages from Gods, the ability to control such pure Mana was something that only one in a few ten million could do, but back than it was more common.

The pineal of magic, that can create something from nothing, what would allow one to create life itself.

"True Magic, i wonder if Aqua has talent in that as well" Silver ask to himself.

"Now let's pick up form where we stopped, after traveling all of Sif, the two reached their end and became bored of the state of the world and the boy decided to change it, shape it to his image of an perfect world

"He create machines, spread ideas and showed to the world magic was not an curse, but an blessing, from the dirt he summoned up walls, castles, ignited flames that formed explosions that covered the skies in an cloud that rain down poison, developed society further than it could in thousands of years

"He brought on revolution after revolution with no sign of stopping until one day, he longed for the stars like long ago, to touch that bright moon

"But he never could, his body withered from over use of Mana, the once bright mind that the girl took up to lost it's link one after another

"On that boy dying breath he told the girl, 'find a way to reach the stars, as that is when you can truly fly'

"Under that, the girl developed the idea of Ascending, something the boy brough up many times but never achieve or maybe rejected

"But after years of working she came up with an magic spell that would connect souls an grant those connected together, one other's power, under this spell she gather the strongest beings and created the first generation of gods

"As time moved on and the circle grew along with their power, the girl could reached the stars but had no motivation too because she knew it was pointless to complete the long dead boy's dream without him to witness it himself

"Slow she grew to regret all the choices she made long ago and wished to go back in time but weeps in the fact she could never achieve such an feat"

"That's it?" Silver ask slowly.

I nodded "a sad story hm?"

"Yes, but can True Magic not reverse time?"

"Oh you must be confused Silver, reversing time is not something even gods can do, we can only change it in it's present and potential future, we can only follow time as we mourn about our mistakes long ago" if their was ever a chance to go back, i'll take it in a heartbeat and did what i could never do before.
Weepy g r
"I understand, but may i ask, the girl created the concept of ascending? Or was she just the first to fully comprehend it?"

"Their are different ways to Ascend, through pure talent, reconstructing one self, the girl just created another way to divinity, that's it"

Silver nodded and than asked me "did you perhaps used her method of Ascension?"

I nodded "but let me tell you a secret Silver, but before that, may i ask if anyone is listening in?"

"Iam sure no one can hear us if were the library and i would know by now if someone had entered, talk freely"

"Well, the way of Ascension i and many other gods in Sif took is artificial and has many set backs" we arn't supposed to tell mortals this but Silver a special and i dough he could Ascend this way anyways, might as well comfort him about having not being able to use this route "one of which is to stop one's personal growth"

The process of Ascending this way involves sealing their soul into an spell that connects gods together. Through the connection, we share power but can never grow ourselves, always relying on new gods to appear. "This makes this way of Ascending irrational for those with great potential"

"I see now, goddess, do you ever regret choosing this path?" He ask me.

Do i ever? "Ofcourse i do, many other gods do, all for different reasons, the rules, the endless life spend of being a god, their are many reasons to loath Ascending and in the end, i have so say i never recommend our way of Ascension" that's the truth, the spell that connects souls has too many flaws, to many set back and rules that comes with it.

Most that used this was as a means to gain quick power and doesn't think much about the limits and morale lines they has to cross to gain that said power.

It disgust me how much the circle has changed since it was first created, i would even be willing to call it to an joke now.

"I see" he slowly nodded than changed the topic "goddess i never got your name, wpuld you grant me the pleasure of knowing it?"

"Right i forgot i never told you my name" how silly of me "iam Say, the goddess of truth and righteousness aswell as knowledge"

"It's nice to be in your presents Goddess Say" he said doing an small bow.

"No need to be so polite anymore Silver, it was my own pleasure to exchange tales with you" saying that i got up.

"Are you leaving?" He ask.

"Yes, if i leave for to long i fear something might happen while iam gone"

"Than this library will be open almost every night for you Say" he made the table disappear and floated into the air "i hope our future interaction can be as pleasant as this"

I hope so too Silver, i nodded and used my powers to exist the long and short dream.

Silver it was fun telling each others storys, i just wish you can tell me more in the future.

****

Yawning in bed, i kept thinking about what Say told me in my dreams.

Ascending the way the gods of Sif doesn't seem validated for me like Say said, if i want to leave, i need to do it by my own power and i can't limit myself, not even if the trade off was vastly better.

But, do i really want to leave? That is the question that has been on my mind for almost the whole night.

If i wanted to leave Sif and return to Earth so badly, why does my heartbeat? Perhaps it's my body that wants to stay while my mind race to leave.

It isn't a matter of do i belong here, i already know i do, but i want to go back to Earth for my son, not want but have too, i owe him and my wife.

Wife, 8 years has passed, maybe she has already moved on, maybe she has forgotten about me. I guess it should be ex-wife now, a sad statement to make but i can't think everything will go back to the way it was before i died.

Things have changed, i have changed so much.

Laying in deep thought in bed, Aqua knocked on the door "Sil that old Mage is here!"

Sage? Right i agreed to be his student and we will be starting as soon as possible. I slide off the bed and told Aqua "tell him i'll be down in a few minutes"

"Okay!" She said leaving me with the sound of footsteps.

It's late, i told myself seeing how light it is outside, i shouldn't develop an bad sleeping habit.

After getting ready i went down stairs where Mother was passing out breakfast, she greeted me with a smile and told me "morning Sliver, hurry and come eat before your training with Sage"

I went down and saw that Sage was sitting at the table with us answering some of Aqua's questions about Space magic.

"Grandpa Edger can you show me an spell?!"

"Of course of course" Sage seem to of have liked the attention he was getting from Aqua and waved his wand at a cup, covering it in gold Mana before lifting it up.

This was an Mage Art, something like an secrets technique used by Mages that is their signature. Sage was Instant Cast which he says requires the Space Attribute to accomplish.

He gave other examples for famous Mage's Art's. Vincent's Illusionary Wave's, Tide's Translucent Mana and Crystal's Subzero was some of the example's.

"Wooo! Grandpa, Grandpa you have to teach me that trick!" Aqua pister Sage too.

"You can learn it from your elder brother once i teach him" he said looking at me.

"Sil teach me okay?!" She pleaded.

Sadly i can't refuse "yes i got it Aqua, i'll teach you it once i fully understand it"

"Before that," Sage said "does Aqua have any Attribute in Space? Her Mana is drowning out my senses" he said storking his beard.

Mother didn't answer outright and walked over to whisper something in his ears making his eyes bulged.

"So she has affinity with all magic than!?" Sage ask Mother.

"Yes, she's just as special as Scarlet" special alright.

"I knew that, that little gremlin was one but i never expected another one, this village is really something" he calmed himself and nodded "well Silver i see we have our work cut out for us, let us not waste time anymore"

"We're leaving right now?" I just started eating.

"Fine, i'll be waiting at the same spot as yesterday" thank you.

Quickly eating i got on my thin extra shirt as well as an can of water and rushed out passing Father who was returning from somewhere.

They wish me good luck as i disappear into the woods.

Two years of training with Scarlet's family was like torture, as soon as i could actually such that so call jog on the beach, they stretched it to make it two times longer.

Normally i would be worried about skipping training with the girls, but maybe after yesterday i want to keep a distant from Scarlet, just for a while, to collect myself.

Reaching the rondevu point, Sage had just gotten there right as my view entered the place.

"You made it faster than i expected, but you seem out of breath" you can tell?

Drinking a bit of water i stretched out my body and ready myself "i'am ready to start Master"

"Master," he thought about that title for a moment before accepting it "well, let us start, Silver can you cast any Spell?"

"Yes" i pointed to the weird shape rock and casted Move, one of the most simplest Space spell that creates an small platform from space to move an object up and down.

Silver Mana shot out and wrapped around the stone and it shaking it violently before i got a good hold of it, it shivered but was stable enough for me to move, pushing it up the unusual rock started to float up.

Usually when i already have it where i want as long as i don't interfere much with it, the object will stay in effect allowing me to do other things like talk. "Is this good enough?"

Sage was delighted and clapped his hands "marvelous job, how long have you been practicing Space magic?"

"A bit, but i first started using it a year ago" though i don't really focus on it much as i need most Mana on using spells i can use for combat against Scarlet.

I have little to spare afterwards and woulf rather use the excess to comfirm a theory of my that could completely change my fighting style again and can allow me to challenge a bit of Aqua's power.

This was my real first time training solely on Space Attribute.

Though i may have talent in Space magic, i think it's better to invest in an overall Attribute increase instead of a one.

Sure in the end Space magic may be the most powerful of my Attribute's but right now, if i make a break though, i can get an edge on all Mage's, well aside from Aqua, i'll jump off a cliff if someone can beat her in pure magic battle.

"I didn't guess wrong than, Silver what is your understanding of the Space Attribute?" Sage ask me.

"I think Space magic work by manipulating the existing space?" Hearing my answer he was quite surprised.

"You the first other Space user other than me to understand that logic, the most common answer i would get is that Space magic creates force, but Space Attributes never creates, only bend" he told me the misconception most Space Mages has is that they think they create, not control "Space is a rather stubborn and powerful thing, but's it's also every lawful, have you heard of the idea that matter can nether be destroyed or created?"

"Yes"

"It's Space is similar to that law and their's no way to break that law, because if someone can do that, an truthed friend of my said it would than be possible to truly go back in time"

If space can never truly be destroyed, than what is a black hole than?

Pondering over that hypothesis, Sage tapped me on the head with his wand "you seem to grasps the concept with ease, than he can skip the second step and jump into perfecting your control"

He held the ends of his wand and covered it with his Mana before letting it go, it was no surprise the wand stayed afloat as i was seen the strong space bending keeping it up.

"Silver can you being that stange rock over?" He ask of me.

I complayed and slowly moved it over careful to not drop it, i placed it never the wand but as i moved the two closer, i notice an sudden difference between my way of controlling Space magic and Sage.

Recognizing my astonished face, Sage ask "have you picked up on something already?"

"Yes" the space around the two objects and the way they interacted with it were like night and day.

Around my Mana, the space was a mess and not because the usual rock's weird deformities and bumps and dents, but it showed off my lack of control.

If someone ever seen an light passing through concave lens, the space around my silver Mana was like that, almost forcing the excess space out. Sage's were the opposite, the Mana almost acted like and convex object to narrow the space at a single point, but the area of the space effected was also large, well large in comparison to normal.

"I didn't expect you so figure something out so soon" Sage applaud me "now tell me what you can decipher"

"Is your magic working with the space around?"

Sage laughed "Silver we both already know that, was that all?" Was my answer disappointing? Well i have another one.

"Are you pulling space towards the object?" By doing that, you can keep an object more stable, but that will make it harder to move it.

"Bengo!"

"Bingo?" Was he tying to say bingo? and it was in english as well, I didn't know bingo was a thing here, but i just happy i got it right right now.

"Sorry, i picked that term up from a traveling merchant during my travel" he explained. "Anyway's your correct, though you understand that Space magic can only control existing space, you have yet to understand that you need it's cooperation"

Cooperation was it, before i never thought i would have to get approval from an element, let alone space which is pretty much an idea.

"How do i get, it's cooperation Master?"

"Remember how i said Space was lawful?" I nodded "well i found a secret, as long as you push of pull it, it will reject, but if you pull in enough and a wide enough area outside your Mana's reach, well it will trick the space that arn't in touched into thinking that's the bend is natural and are willing to move along with the rest will"

Wait so it's like a chain reaction, their is one source that is effecting the things around it. Normally when the ripple of the source is weak, the space next to it will notice the oddness of the source and try to get it under control. But if that source has the power to effect one far away and it has no clue of the action, it will follow like it and so start an line of dominoes until the small space around the source can only comply.

Man it sounds like framing or a pyramid scheme where the latter mindlessly follow an unknown force. Cooperation was not the word for this.

As i was thinking how this was more of an trick than two sides working together, Sage continued "but be careful not to create to much bend in space, small groups moving an small area can fool space, but when it become to drastic" around the end of the wand, the space that kept one side up begin to twist into a spiral until suddenly, the golden Mana vanished into thin air and the space quickly reverted back to the state it was before. "The space will notice the odd shift and break the Spell"

"But mind youself that the amount you can stretch depends on the quality of your Space Attribute, you Silver should be able to stretch it far larger than me" he grab his wand back and pointed it at the strange rock.

I felt my control over the rock disappear and from the silver of my Mana, an gold glowed and grew to cover it. Sage moved the rock back to it's orginal spot and the silver and gold Mana disappear, dropping it.

"We won't be needing that anymore today, Silver to test you affinity with Space, i want you to show me how far you can bend space"

"I will try" i summon up my Mana and floated it infront of us, it was not much but will do, only an inch by inch ball. I should of have asked Sage how he does it in more detail but the test was already starting.

Going off what i know, i gently pinched the center of the silver ball and when i had a good grip, twisted it. The space around it warped into an spiral with the ball of Mana as it's eye.

The radius reach out an inch, two, three, far larger than what Sage was before his failed. I kept going, five, eight, twelve, two feet, 4 feet.

I was going to keep going since i felt that i could, Sage stopped me "Silver that's enough" his face was distorted and i didn't even notice his mouth moved until i sound reach me in a distorted state but i could make it out.

Dispelling the Mana, the space return to normal and Sage looked nervous.

"What took you so long to stop?" Sage grunted.

I stopped as soon as i heard those words, "the space must of have slowed down the travel of sound Master" i answered.

"I see, than i have to say Silver, your talent in Space Attribute far exceeded my expectations"

"Thank you" i knew it was bit on the better side but was it really that out of norm? "Master may i ask a few question?" I was curious on a few things relating to Mages and magic.

"Go ahead my disciple"

"Are their a hierarchy in Mage society?" Their must be right? I've heard Ruby blasting off about red robes, blue and other color rob Mages. Well during those time she half drunk and in all honesty i'am scared to approach her after getting my ass kicked almost every week for two years.

"Your Mother haven't taught you?"

"Mother would always say color doesn't matter"

"True true" Sage nodded "but color and ranks are different, i think the color you refers to are Mage Tower's, if your talking about ranks their are 5

"The first is Common Mage which are untrained peasant Mages who would rather live an common life than the noble life of other Mages, though other Mages frowned upon this lifestyle, i think we should personally respect their humbleness

"The next rank is Apprentice Mage, which you are currently in, Apprentice Mage's are self explanatory, but the way to advance from Apprentice Mage is to be under training from an Official Mage for atleast 8 years or by achieving an feat or breakthrough

"The third was the mentioned Official Mage, the name is also self explanatory, but here, a Mage can join an Tower, these Tower's can bring additional benefits to Mage's, you are rather close to Ruby's daughter right?" He randomly brought up.

"Yes?" Was she part of an Tower? That's way she's so big into Mage politics?

"That's good to hear, Silver i advise you get close to her daughter" are you giving me relationship or life advice? After saying that Sage chuckled under his breath "my younge and bright student, what do you think of the younge girl?"

"Master i think we're getti-"

He wave his hand and said "no no, this information is crucial" what kind of thing needs this so call information from a 8 year old kid?

"I think she lively" i just said the first thing that comes to my mind, as i do, that beautiful scene flashed in my mind "and lovely"

...

Where did that come from?!

It was already to late for me to contract that statement and Sage already had his hand around my shoulder "that's great to hear Silver!"

"M-Master why do you need hear that?" I ask with sweat dripping off my back.

"My younge disciple you have to understand that to work for power just bacause won't get you anywhere, you need passion, an goal" he shook me to show me how serious he was and he does have a point "that girl, Scarlet, you like her don't you?"

"Like is an misleading term"

"Well it doesn't matter, you want to beat her don't you?"

"Beat is also an misleadint term"

"You want to conquer over her"

I-iam getting very uncomfortable "what are you getting at Master?"

"Silver right now she's still an small flame right now but mark my words she will grow into an star, this is the best time to win against her, just one time is enough, one is all it takes Silver"

"Hm?" A-are you tying to encourage me or manipulate me?!

He stop grabbing a hold of me which relief me "Silver you in truth have 4 years to learn my techniques and beat her"

"W-what happens in 4 years?" I never feel this much fear before, why's my body shaking so much? Why am i excited?!

"Hehehehehe" Sage laugh made my body shiver "you'll find out when it happens, well that is if you succeed" saying that he started to walk away laughing like a mad man.

But before he fully left the small opening he stopped and turn back to me with a smile "Silver i expect great things from you, i expect you to walk a different path from me and your first step is this mission, if you fail your be an old, lonely servent that has no more future like this old man!" Even though he was talking about himself, he found it entertaining and continue to walk away with an big smile.

W-will i really be like him if i fail? The thought sent shive down by already shaking spine, i- i can't fail it now, n-no i can't fail from the beginning.

I didn't need this emotional encouragement Master, because i'am already determined to win a battle, no every battle with Scarlet in the future.

My body stopped shaking and i turn my attention towards the rock and reached my hand out towards it and casted an spell.

******

What an disappointment, i sigh to myself.

Kicking down the sand i observed as the waves crash upon the send from the hill of sand. Today was beyond boring, even with all the fighting i did with Mom and training with Aqua, it just doesn't compare to Silver's spar's.

A day without Silver seemed bland, like those days before Silver and Aqua was borned.

Even Aqua thinks the same rowling beside me complaining "why isn't Sil back?!"

"I ask the same question too" i let out an sigh as Aqua jump up and face towards the small town.

Wondering what catch her attention i turn around along with her and see an old Mage coming over. Wasn't he the one that took Silver away?!

Aqua ran towards the old Mage and ask "where's Sil?!"

The man looked at Aqua and told her "he's currently training, so i left him alone"

I got up and walked over as well "where is he training at?!"

The man when he saw me had an even bigger grin  "Ask him yourself the next time you two meet" he than gently push Aqua aside and kelt down before me "your Scarlet, part of that insane house correct?"

He know?

I don't like talking about the Family but i want to know what this old man want "Yes, what about it?"

He nodded in approval for some reason and ask me "what do you think of Silver?"

"Sil?"

"Yes Silver, do you perhaps thinks he's cutie? Charmi-"

While i was tying to understand what this crazed old man was saying, Dad who just go back from a hunt with Aqua's Dad, saw that an suspicious old rob man was talking to me and painicked.

He ran over faster than ever before and shouted, "hey what do you think your doing?!"

The old man quickly stood up and calmly greeted dad who seem like he was about to slice him.

"Good morning sir" it was the afternoon but only Silver would really be that pickly but it being wrong didn't matter "are you perhaps Ron?"

"Yes and who are you?"

"I'am Edgar Sage, we meet before during one of the Mage conference"

Dad stopped his aggresive behavior and cooled down "sir Edgar do you need something?"

"I was just here to ask what your daughter thinks of Silver"

"Silver?" Dad was still a bit unsure about Silver because of how odd he Silver was, though everyone else just accepted it, Dad was optimistic and would rather take cautious dealing with him, though he does let it down often.

"Yes, i have taken him as an student and he seem to be quite fond of you daughter" when Dad heard that he facial expression didn't change a bit and kept listening "and i was planning so see if an little scheme to help him grow stronger"

Stronger?! I was admittedly interested, i thought the old man Edgar was into girl talk but it seems he does have something good!

"Sage, Sage can you really make Sil stronger?!" I ask franticaly, if he grows stronger that means our battle will become much more interesting.

Sage nodded "it's not an instant solution but he will become stronger over time"

Dad sighed and told me "don't get your hopes up to much Scarlet"

"I know dad!" But the excitement i can't contain, even if it's for a short while, Silver has entertain me so much no adays, but i do fear once he hit his limit.

Than suddenly Sage interrupted "i think you should keep your hopes up than" hm?

"What do you mean? Silver isn't like these two you know?" Dad said.

"I know, but he is something else entirely, the boy is a true Space Mage prodigy, even outshining me in my prime by 1000th of years, even i can't comprehend his future as one"

Space Mage prodigy? Does that mean if Silver work hard enough, he can stay by my side?! This was great news!

"Is that true? Does he really outclass your talent?" Dad ask.

"Why would i lie?"

"This is bad" Dad said under his breath, "tell me, is their an odd of him Ascending?"

"Unless he missed up halfway through life, iam sure he will join the pantheon of Sif gods"

"Gods?" Aqua who had been forgotten asked, but i quickly covered her ears so she won't hear because this is sensitive topic and it would upset Aqua if she was to learn about the truth.

"Anyways, Ron don't you think this is the perfect-"

Dad stopped him "Sir Edgar you don't fully understand the situation it seems, i advise you talk to Anny and Corl about it any moment you can"

Sage was taken aback but looked back towards us, than nodded "i'll come back to talk to you daughter if needed"

"Yes Sir"

After Sage left i had to ask "Dad is Ascending bad?" I heard the word het thrown around a few times when Mom and Dad are talking about Silver and each time they seem worried.

Dad grid his teeth and told me "yes, yes it's bad Scarlet, that's why so should never Ascend, get as strong as you kike but never cross that line"

His face says it all, i should never try, even if i can "yes Dad, but Silver"

"That's why you have to stop him as well"

I nodded and i didn't know but i let go of Aqua's ear and see seem to understand the point my Dad was tying to make as well.

****

Something odd is happening in Seascape, the last time i came, it could never get as serious as it did a moment ago. Was this because of Silver? What were they hiding that Anny and Corl didn't tell me about him.

Walking towards the two who were talking to the village head about dismantling the meat and spilting it three ways, Anny notice me and abandoned the conversation.

She walked up to me and asked "how was he?"

"Excellent" beyond my comprehension even.

Anny mood seem to die down as she ask another question "did he do anything odd?"

Odd, seem like these youngster are hiding something from me "yes, he's unusually Intelligent and easily able to understand everything" it was abnormal indeed "was their perhaps something i should keep an eye out for while training him?"

"Well, Silver has many problems, i'am sorry to ask but, how long do you think it will take for him to learn your Instant Cast or any Space magic?" She hastily ask.

"Half a season" her face dropped and i couldn't blame her, "i too couldn't believe the speed in which your son learns and gasps Space magic, it was as if it was made for him"

"How powerful will he become in the near future?"

"He should beable to keep up with Scarlet in magic atleast" keeping up with her is no easy feat, maybe in a few years even i can't match the star which is these two girls.

"As powerful as Scarlet" Anny said worryingly.

"Anny you still haven't answer my question on what should pay attention to with Silver" my curiosity was booming, Silver was an very, very unique and unusual boy now that i recall our previous interactions.

"Right" she let out a heavy sigh and told me "Silver's an Reincarnater or Traveler"

"That explains everything than" no wonder, from that boy's mature attitude and excessive knowledge for an child, i should of have guessed.

"That isn't all, Silver also has a few Skills"

"Oh," crossing over worlds grants the Traveler a Skill but it seems Silver has more than one "can you tell them to me?"

She nodded "one is a combat Skill that allows him to master any weapon under a short time frame like Scarlet's"

"That's bound to be useful" with such a Skill maybe he should look towards an life of swords.

"Yes it is, but the second one is a heighten memory, if you give him a book iam sure he'll remember the whole thing in under a hour"

That Skill reminds me of someone, that merchant, if i remember correctly, his Skill allowed him to recall anything. Such an ability is perfect for a Mage.

"Is that all?"

"I think, but iam not entirely sure, but if you see anything odd, please tell us"

"If i suspect anyother Skill, i'll report it to you than"

"Thank you Sir Edgar"

"But may i ask, what is Silver's Role?"

"His was given no Role" what?

"How can that be?"

Anny shook her head "but he suddenly obtained one 3 years ago, i think it's a Blessing rather than a Role"

"Do you know which god was it?"

"No, the symbol is an watch, do you know any god related to time?"

"Siri?" That is the only time god in Sif and on my travel i learn that only one other time god existed, Zekcrom, who was from the far east.

But i couldn't be Zekcrom as his symbol was more in line with an snake swallow it's tail, a sign of infinity.

"Siri is unlikly, her symbol is an hourgless and it's unlikely for it to change" yes yes, i forgot Siri was an antisocial goddess.

"Are you sure it's not an Role?"

"If it was, what Role will it be? Time teller?" I didn't know if Anny was joking or not.

"What makes you think that?"

"All we know is that the Mark tells times, doesn't increase power or anything, it just tells time"

"Are you joking?" An Mark can't be that unless right?

"Sadly no, we tried testing around with it but nothing occurred"

"May it be fake?"

"I doubt, how can someone fake an Mark? He himself knows little either"

"I shall ask him about it personally" that's the only way.

Silver, my student you are a tough nut to crack, but i will discover your hidden potential and bring out the fullest in you.

*****

Crack, crack, Crash!

In the woods, trees were toppled down, from the base they would twist and break. Just an small half an inch drop of Mana was enough to twist the base of the trunk into a spiral with no resistance.

I have tested on 12 trees around the original training area, at first i wanted to see how far i can stretch my reach and the max was 3 yards for every inch by inch of Mana, which was huge.

If i use all my Mana i can probably create an huge 6 by 6 feet blob of Mana, which means with that i can cover more than 200 yards with this drath trap.

How to obliterate anything with how Sage taught me was easy, just grap and twist until it breaks. Tree's weren't that flexible so it was easy breaking them in half, what's more, twisting space doesn't place any pressure upon me means i could bend thing much more denser than this.

Human's were no exception, but i would never use it on someone unless they threaten my life.

It was only when i was testing this out did i realized how powerful Space magic was, before when i was still struggling moving objects, i never thought i could use Space magic in any useful way aside from throwing and maybe holding someone back.

Moving object was a little bit harder now, but it took a bit for me to learn how to move something with this new way, it was better for keeping objects in one place as i imagine but moving it was a hassle.

I didn't know how Sage moved it so smoothly, but the best i could do to move an object was by twisting an object towards the direction. So everytime i want to move an object, i have to make it spin which wasn't hard to say but it was a annoying step to take.

Guess i'll have to learn it from Master tomorrow. I let out a sigh and dispelles the bits of Mana i was controlling.

My stomach growled tell me it was time to go, checking the time it was 2 hour pass the afternoon. I cursed because last time i skipped lunch Mother made me eat an whole buffy and i couldn't sleep for 4 hours waiting for the food to digest.

Still that wasn't the least of my worries, those attention seeking girls will surely be after me.

Scarlet, the image of her flash before me, she had that all so bright smile holding her sword, i will one day overcome you.


Ps.

Need to get my ass off my bed and work on this more. I getting more and more distracted.

Well see you next week, i hope!

0