Chapter 7: A Ticking Clock
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: A Ticking Clock


Enjoy the chapter, but sorry this is a bit short.


Within that destroyed sectioned of that training ground, I was impatient with today's lesson and had arrived half an hour earlier and was sitting on the black lower trunk of an broken tree.

Yesterday was a living hell, Mother yelled at me thinking I did something wrong because Sage had question her about my feelings along with another person.

Aqua was the one who told me the first half where Sage was interrogating Scarlet about me, she didn't go into further details but iam a bit worried about what Sage is doing.

Like all times when I don't spend half an day with them, Aqua made me spend time with her, well I couldn't reject her request to spend another day under their control.

That was also one of the reason I rushed out, I didn't want to admittedly get caught and forced to skip practice. I might be intimidated by Master Sage but I'am learning something at least.

Maybe I should focus on the things I'am talented in, but I'am so close to that break though.

Crack!

The sound of foot steps made me turn around. Hehind Sage was calmly walking across the destroyed field, almost as if the broken trees never existed.

I shook my head, the break though was just in one part, aside from that, the theory is complete can be used without worry. The last part can wait and I don't see the need for it now.

Hopping off I greeted Sage "morning Master"

He nodded his head "to you too Silver, but why have you come so early?"

I also wanted to ask you the same question, but for my answer, I can't say I was scared of the girls "I'am very enthusiastic about learning more about the Space Attribute"

"I see, but yesterday I heard from your mother that you have an Mark?" He ask me.

"That is correct, but all it can do is tell time" I wasn't exaggerating, though i'am still grateful to Say about one it does seem redundant for me to have such a thing.

"Can you show me?" Sage ask.

No wrong in doing it, I made the clock appear and held it up. Sage held my hand and intensely examined it but found nothing ask from it ticking.

He let my hand go and ask another question "is it true that it doesn't allow you to use your future ability?" I shook my head, "than have you tried doing everyday normal things with it out?"

"Yes, since it requires no consultation or energy to keep it out," which i found was abnormal as Scarlet and Aqua could only keep it out for an few minute for it starts to take a toll on their body, "Mother had be keep it out for a season straight and during that time i found nothing unusual occured" well that's not really true.

Their was that one time where the world felt odd, as if someone or something was watching me, but I count that as me wishing something would happen or perhaps paranoua. Why I think this is nothing is simply, the idea was ludicrous, completely ludicrous that it could never be true, right?

"Are you fine Silver? You're shaking"

"Really?" I shook myself and stopped my fidgeting body.

"Yes, did you not tell your Mother something?"

"No, no, nothing" think back now odds things really did occur, future sight went out of control one night and the next morning, it felt like an whole day of just deja vu.

Training is also went heywire and failed on occasions as well as predicting useless things like when Scarlet will start laughing or if Aqua will use magic.

It hurts thinking about that day, I would be lost in though if iam not focus, everytime I did something stupid like get hit by Scarlet or not eat, it would feel like an complete moron and want to bang my head on a wall.

But that was a one time thing, right? Even so I never want to experience that again. The pure frustration and bent up rage just seem to came out that day and I even lost my cool which wasn't normal.

Another odd detail was that some my dreams were, off. Normally I'll have dreamless night's or have lucid dreams, but during that time my dreams felt more real than normal, too real I'd mistaken one as reality and woke up thinking a another day had passed.

What ever these things were, it hurts my head thinking about them.

Let's forget about them for now "Master can we begin training?"

"Hm, keep your Mark out while we're training than" he told me.

Now that he told me that, why have I never thought of keeping it out while I'am using Space magic, have I become dumber in someway?

It should be obvious that a clock is related to time and time is space so it should of have been the first thing I think of.

Wondering if mental age regression was a thing, Sage hit my head with his wand and his Mana started to engulf my body.

"Since you've gotten the concept of bending space already" he said looking towards the broken trees before making a huge grin "I shall now teach you too move an object, more, efficiently"

He must of have notice the few trees that had been moved and spiting my novice use of Space magic.

My body starts to be pulled up by an invisible force, it was as gravity was reversed and it was pulling me towards the sky.

"Let's see if you can get this Silver" the force pulling me up increased, raptly increasing in elevation with no stop in sigh, shooting above the tree line, the direction changed and i was thrown to the left than down and up again.

Is this what motion sickness feels like?! "I'am going to barf!" The jurking stopped and i threw up everything i eat this morning. God are you tying to kill me?! I wanted to shout.

"Hahahaha" Sage was rather enthralled at my suffering and put me down and pated me in the back "Silver you better get used to this little toss because if you can't handle this, I doubt you can use the more advance Spell's"

"Q-question Master, how much mental fortitude is required?" You call that a little? I almost shit my pants.

Sage nodded and drew an large circle in the air with his wand and Mana seeps out into a oval. Than Sage drew another one on the other side it before holding his wand out towards the center of the first circle.

Slowly the Mana was beginning to pull space back an revealing an golden underlayer, surprisingly the second circle even without his force, started to peel the same way as the first until the two looked identical.

"This is a Advance Spell called Portal, Silver way don't you take a step in?" He said pointing me in.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this? "Master what will happen if one of the portal closes?"

"Oh you'll be cut in half" this is a death trap than! "Don't worry to much Silver, if it's just an single person I can keep it up, let me demonstrate"

Demonstrate he did, he stepped into the portal closest to him and walked out the second one near me.

"No harm has been done, now it's your turn" he says sweating a bit.

You builded my confidence with an smile that shows sadistic nature.

Just wanting to get it over with I walked to Sage and took my first step into the portal, on the other side I can feel the ground below. Before sticking my head in, I look over towards the first portal and see my leg on the other side.

"See no fear" Sage kept comforting me, you know the reason why iam scared is because of you Master?

I swallow my guts and step into the blinding gold to appear on the other side, facing Sage who was smiling with anticipation. Fulling stepping out I let out a sigh of relief which than full turned into an seizure.

Falling to my knees I started to throw up and my head spinned as if it was a pin ball in a pin machine and i just went through 100th's of rounds in a spilt second.

Because I had already threw up everything a moment ago, all that was left was the stomach acid which started to leave an disgusting taste in my mouth as a finally gift before leaving.

"I was wondering when it would kick in" Sage laughed, you motherf- "this is the backlash of space travel when one is not ready, hahaha, even iam surprised I ain't e-"

Maybe because his mind and body was stronger or because he was holding it back to play this trick on me, but now he was also vomiting.

I let out a loud single laugh before quickly falling down and passing out.

*****

You might of have the final laugh boy but iam the last standing, I told Silver who laying asleep on the ground.

Looking at the motionless Silver a feeling of regret in my actions boiled up, but I  repressed it "Ha, I might of have gone too far" his impression of me might have gone down after that.

Cleaning my mouth I walked over to Silver and flipped him over and checked his chest to see if he was still alive, luckily yes, if not I may of have been killed by his mother.

Why did i think using doing this was a good idea, I taught a few Space Mage's before Silver and had used this technique to teach them a lesson.

But Silver was a bit special and I shouldn't use such tortures ways to teach him as he is actually my true successor.

Those halfass wannabe Space Mage could suffer for all i care, they can never understand anything without it being forced into their head with an hammer.

A genius like Silver should be treated with care, like those two girls. Too much of this may discourage him.

Sighing i picked up Silver and carried him out of the forest.

Through he didn't learn anything today, this was a valuable experience and he can truly shock me tomorrow if he got anything from that toss.

Old age is catching up on me, centuries of exploration and content nagging left me a little rough and restless. I need to remember those days are over and I'am an retired man now.

Strolling through the village towards the fantastic shop known as Wild Treats, Lady Ashley called out for me "Sage! Is it true your retiring?"

Yesterday I had told her of my reassignment and she just slowly nodded, I wonder if she had processed it yet.

She hurriedly rushed up to me "that's right Lady" Lady Ashley, the woman that I served for centuries, the Spirit Emperor of Flame, Ruler of The South and many other names. A woman that I have fallen in loved with since the day our path crossed hundreds of year ago.

"I see, that's a pity" she said mournful, "than why don't we have a nice meal at Darwin's place? As celebration" celebrating my retirement from your service? That sounds ironic and fun at the same time.

"I wouldn't really call this a celebration Lady" though it's the dream for all to retire successful and old or younge, i personally like the road.

"I see, still let us eat, this will be my treat"

"It would be an honor"

"And bring that boy alone as well"

I nodded and followed behind Lady Ashley towards the store as she asked "Sage you picked up that boy as your pupil?"

"That is correct, he has unimaginable talent in Space magic"

"I see, i see, he isn't effected by that deal right?" The deal, that pain in the ass contact.

But was she planning to recruit Silver? "No Lady, he is not one of the Chosen as far as I can tell" I don't oppose but it does leave a sour taste in my tongue even if it's Lady Ashley.

"Good good, or maybe bad? Anyways you don't have to worry about me stealing him" Hm?

"Why do you say that Lady Ashley?" I ask

"I have lost my position due to long periods of absences to Bell" what?!

"That insolent fool" I clicked my tongue, "Lady Ashley i should hold back my retirement and he-"

She waved her hands and showed an face neither fulled with rage or remorse, but relief and carelessness. "I have ruled Astral for too long and just like you I think our time are coming to an end"

Even though I loath the coming of an new era, it was true "yes, it was fun being with you till the end"

"Silly, we both know we arn't dying anytime soon"

"Hahaha, i was joking!" Even thought it was always joyful being with you though. Even if my feelings were never recognized by you, it brought me so many memories.

"Fine, but this was the first time I heard an joke from you in 500 years, you were always so serious and devoted, I thought you had become one of those Servants"

"Lady that's a bit rude" I never did act myself infront of Lady Ashley, I wonder if she would of have treated me differently before if I did.

No, she definitely would of have kicked me out since I was an annoying brat with an superiority complex that knows nothing back than.

"I was an moron back than"

"Yea you were" Lady Ashley agreeded "but it was fun watching you try and fit in"

Feeling embarrassed I rubbed the back of my head "Lady Ashley am I really that entertaining back than?" I can remember bit and piece of those good days.

Getting into fights with Spirits, going on a journey with old friends. I haven't said my goodbyes to those bunch of idiot, i wonder if they miss this old bones after so many years.

Ha what am I thinking! Those Spirit will never miss an Human!

Though their are a few, like Lady Ashley, who seem to have already forsaken her origin for the life of an Human.

"Damn right you were" Lady Ashley laughed manically "running getting your ass beaten by Florence, arguing over and over again with the others, those were the days I have to say"

"So you enjoyed those times?" I always thought she hated it when we caused ruckus since everytime she came to break the fights up, her face was stone cold towards us and seem a bit to have a bit of disappointment, but i guess that was all just because she need to keep her face up.

"In truth yes, but than you became you" did Lady Ashley not like the more intelligent and knowledgeable type of person?

Does she find interest in hot blooded people?

"Did you perhaps like hot blooded people?" I ask her.

Stepping infront of Wild Treats she nonchalantly answers "yes, they bring in the most liveliness which I am quite fond of, as an ruler I could never initiate those fun moments like before"

I understand she must of have not of have been able to have much fun as a ruler "the life of a ruler must of have been blend for you Lady Ashley"

"I was never meant to be an ruler, the only reason I could scrap pass was because i had many friends"

"Your wrong Lady Ashley, your a military genius that has won many battles through clever ideas and pure might" for the centuries I have been under her, she lead many wars and defended Astral over and over again.

Before i came when there was need for an ruler in Astral and Lady Ashley was anonymously agreed upon to be the ruler and she reluctantly agreed.

But it seems her true feelings wasn't the same, maybe she likely the chaos she created during her times in war and seek the battlefield more than any other.

I guess that's why she was so happy giving up her crown.

During her rule, even with her chaos seeking nature, she must of have held it back all these years to help Astral grow instead of it being fed into her flames.

Stepping inside the store, Martha politely met us "Good morning Ashley and Mr. Edgar!" Bowing down she saw Silver around my arm and clocked her head "is he okay?"

"Yes, he's just tired from training" I came out with an lie.

"Okay than, follow me!" Martha shrugged and stood up to lead us to an seat.

While sitting down Lady Ashley told me "even if I'am a good military leader, that doesn't mean that I be fit for an ruler, i don't have the mental capacity and organisational skills of Shomy or the endless knowledge of Gold"

"But you have strength my Lady, by far i say you are the most powerful of the three"

"Please i maybe more powerful than those two but what does it matter" she let out an sigh and told Martha that she wanted some ramen while I ask for some curry and bread but had two servings to give to Silver as an apology.

After Martha left, Silver who I placed beside me started to lift his head letting out an small groan.

"Good afternoon Aunty Ashley" he said stretching before yawning endlessly.

"Good to see you are awake Silver" Lady Ashley replied waving her hands.

"Yes, you must of have a good nap"

"Yes Master, but how long have i been out?" He ask calmly

"Less than 20 minutes"

"I see, i see" he said shaking his head slowly before asking another question "do i have to be thrown around to strengthen my mind or is their a better way to accomplish it, other than the former"

"Don't fear my student, first hand experience is the best way to fortify your mind but you can always meditate"

He made a sour expression "than can I ask we use the latter?"

"Of course, but strengthening you mind will have to wait until you learn to control your Spell's" because what's the use of a strong mind if you can't even effectively cast an Spell?

Silver nodded and decided to start practicing right away.

He stared at a empty glass cup on the table which started to shake suddenly.

What? There was no Mana around it, how was it shaking? Confused i try coming up with an explanation other than Silver, surprisingly their was none.

Starring blankley at that sight, it stopped as sudden as it began.

I looked at Lady Ashley to get confirmation of what just happened and she just shook her head.

Looking over at the only possible cause, Silver, he was rubbing his eyes, tired.

"Oh" he said in a non motivated voice but it is as if he just had a realization. Did he really just discovered he could do that?

He reached his hand out and his Mana started to come out, but as fast as i could, i grabbed it knocking him out of his dazed state.

He jumped and looked at me before asking "is something the matter?"

"That before, how did you do it?"

"Do what?" He looked even more confused than i do, did he not see that? He really does seem like he doesn't understand.

"Try moving it without Mana" I told him, his mother told me he has some Skills, maybe this is another?

Is it to far fetch to think that?

Silver just looked at me and I'am sure he just said fuck it in his mind, he turn towards the glass cup and held his hand's out towards it.

I thought he was going to summon Mana in frustration, but not a second later, the glass cup shot into his hands.

Our eyes widened and I can hear a faint voice of astonishment escape from Silver's mouth. He picked up the glass in hand and examined it.

"Was that an Ability?" Lady Ashley ask.

"Ability? Skill?" Silver ask in return, but to spare Lady Ashley the breathe and I answered instead.

"Ability is what we called Skill's in Lady Ashley's homeland, Astral"

"I got it, but i don't know if it is a Ab-" as he says that, a revelation hit Silver "Master could this be the doing of the Mark?"

The Mark, "most likely, turn it off and try it than" I suggested.

The Mark disappeared from his right hand and Silver placed the glass cup back down before tying the same thing, but to no avail.

That proves it.

"So it isn't useless" Silver muttered, ofcourse a Mark won't be useless, you just need to find the use.

But their is one thing that still left unanswered "Lady Ashley do you know any higher beings that is related to space?"

Lady Ashley answers "no, but are you sure that's a Blessing rather than a Fate's?"

"Iam not entirely sure" right, I had been under the assumption that Silver's Mark was a Blessing when it could be an Fate.

But i heard rumors in the village that it was an Blessing, was it because the function was never known and because of his late awakening that only speculations can be drawn out?

But if this is brought on by a Fate's Mark, than at some point, Silver will beable to use Space magic, no manipulate raw space without the help of Mana.

With this Skill, he was practically made to become an Space Mage or maybe the third God of Time.

As Silver was spinning the glass cup in mid air above his palm, Martha came back with an basket of bread and seeing Silver playing around she ask him "can you put that down? This isn't the place to use Magic"

"Yes ma'am" Silver dropped it in his hand and place it back and Martha fulled it with water.

"Darwin's about to finish cooking, perhaps is their anything else you want?" She ask.

"Wait we're eating?" Silver ask.

"If not than why are you here?" Martha said towards Silver.

To that, Silver just nodded "Yea, wait who's paying?" He looked at the two of us.

Since he's my student, I be the one paying for his meal "I'll-"

As i was about to say that, Lady Ashley interjected "It's my treat" and took on the task of paying for us.

"Lady are you sure?"

"Sage do you think iam low on gold and beside i said this was a celebration right?" Well she does have an big saving of gold.

"Than i shall accept this kind offer" I bowed respectfully and Silver did the same.

"Than Aunty Martha, can i have some fried fish?"

"Okay, that's it?"

"Yes"

Leaving after Darwin called telling her the dish was almost ready, but than the door to the store ringed but the one who enter seem to be rather small.

Stepping in was an small Spirit taking the form of an cub lion. It's fur had been ruffled up and showed signs of a struggle as the flames on it's tail burn faint showing it has lost some of it's power.

In her mouth was an brown color letter with an axe stamp mark upon it.

This little cub Spirit was Florence, though her form was weak now, she was by far one of the strongest Spirit that loyally follow Lady Ashley and a dear colleague of mine.

"My, Florence what happened to you?" I teased her.

"Shut it Sage" she was obviously triggered, she jumped up to the table and lower her head to Lady Ashley and dropped the letter "a word for you Lady Ashley from Lord Bell"

"You can drop the Lady, Florence,"

"What an honor" Florence said.

Lady Ashley picked up the letter and swayed it around "But before I open this, tell me what happened?"

"Yes La- Ashley, when i was following you scent I found the most handsome Spirit I have ever seen, his fur color red as the sun and a-"

"Florence please skip the introduction, did this male attack you?"

"No, he would never, such a gentleman he is" Lady Ashley was about to interrupt but Florence seem to of remember all by herself "while he was distracting me, that basturd White got the best of me, but i was heroically saved by that dazzling Spirit!"

Silver pulled me aside and asked "Who's White?"

"White's that bird" I pointed outside and right infront of the window was White, an pure white hawk Sprite.

The tip of White's feather had an small tear drop blue crystal which matched perfectly with it's threatening eyes that stared directly at us.

"Bird?!" He must of have heard me as he started yelling and scratching the glass revealing his crystal like talons. "You human dog of that beast! If it wasn't for that Human loving excuse for an-!" Talking his head off, behind an shadow creeped up and pulled White down "Ahhh!"

What popped up was that mischievous girl from Red, Scarlet who's eyes sparkled when she saw us. Beside her Silver's sister was tying to get a view by jumping up and down but can barely catch a glimpse.

Scarlet rushed inside and started yelling "Sil are you done with training?!"

Silver look back at me to get a clear answer, to which I nodded, "yes Scarlet"

"Great we can go play with this cool bird I found!" She happily said holding up a swarming White.

Forcefully, Scarlet forced her Mana down White's throat causing him to become stiff as an board.

Seeing her paralyzed enemy, Florence walked to the edge of the table to taunt White. "Can't even handle a bit of Mana, when have the Spirits of Sif become so reliant on Humans"

White snapped and returned "Don't talk to much you primitive creatures, we are not as egoistic as you Spirit from Astral who claims to be gods"

"Maybe you shouldn't talk until you persuade the Elf's to stop giving you tributes" just than the other little girl walked in with the cat name Touch, if i remember correctly, Qunii's contract Spirit.

He should be a high ranking Spirit and from the same Class as Florence, but Torch does have that unique air of an Emperor Class Spirit which is in the same realm as Lady Ashley.

I have been in the Spirit world for ages and understand the hierarchy of Spirits, from the lowest Servant Class to the highest Emperor Class.

In between them are the Common Class which is where most Spirits lays, next was the Warrior Class which is the same as a Noble Class. The one above them is King and Queen Class which is the last before Emperor.

In the world, their are only 3 known Emperor Class are Lady Ashley, Shomy and Gold. Aside from them their are a select few of King and Queen Class like Florence, White, Bell and some others.

Though aside from the Emperor's, King and Queen class is still low on the population scale of Spirits. I'll go as far to say that their are more Spirits than their are Human, Dwarf, Elf and Beastkin combined.

This is thanks to the Servant Class which makes up 95 percent of Spirits. They are everywhere, it's just that normal races can't see or comprehend them, though Spirit Mage's and a few privileged Elf can.

They are what fuel Spirit magic, they are like mindless creatures that seek nothing but to flow freely, but with Spirit magic they are willing to help no matter what.

Nothing can kill them as they have an elastic fluid like body that is the size smaller than most eyes can see as well as being the closet thing to true Mana. Unless the sword is exceptionally shape, these Spirits will just bounce off without damage or phase through, that's why high ranking Spirit Mage's are one of the worse enemies of Aura users.

Through their is a rather easy way to cancel a Spirit Spell and that is to throw an handful of dirt or a bit of fire to interrupt the Spirit's causing them to flee, but this isn't going to work if the opponent his an exceptional large Mana pool.

Another way if your a Mage of higher quality Mana is to steal the Spirit, funny enough when this happens, even someone with no Spirit Affinity can use Spirit Spells.

Servant Spirit's are only truly loyal to the higher ranking Spirit's, so if an Spirit Mage face any Spirit, they are bound to lose. By far Spirit Mage's are the least viable Mages, well that's for most low ranking one, what sets weak average Spirit Mage from the top is one simple Spell, Contract.

Contract allows an Spirit Mage to exchange their Mana for the assistance of higher Spirits. What rank and amount of Spirits that can be Contracted depend on the Mages Mana.

Still not all Spirit will agree too a Contract.

I, myself, isn't a Spirit Mage but I understand how stubborn Spirits can be and how hard it was too get an Spirit to cooperate with a Human.

To say the least, Spirit magic is a high potential Attribute but hard to master like Space Attribute. As long as a Spirit Mage can get an King or Queen Class, they will be considered high ranking Mages by society.

That being said, by the fact that Scarlet can send a King Spirit into shock from a little bit of Mana shows just how monstrous her Mana was. If only Silver had that kind of Mana, than he'll be the perfect Space Mage.

Florence seeing Torch walk in ignored the loud White and jumped down to greet him "hey handso-" she tried to throw a pickup line at him but Aqua snatched her up before she could.

"Another cat!" Aqua expressed her liking of Florence by hugging her as tight as she could.

It wasn't to say Florence like it as she started shouting "let go of me you Human!"

She raised her paw and her craws shot out from them, seeing she was about to attack Aqua I jumped up. Before I could say anything, an booming voice coming from Torch commanded "stop!"

Florence froze in place and Torch climbed onto Aqua's head. Seeing he got her under control I sat back down.

"Harm this girl and I might not be able to forgive you" Torch told Florence looking down upon her pity figure.

"Y-yes" Florence retracted her claws and layed limp there as Aqua kept her in her arms.

Stepping out of the back carrying two plates in both hands, Martha was surprised at the sudden roundness that sprunged up "what are all of you doing?" She ask dropping the one bow of curry and the other more unevenly serving of curry that I order. "If you want something please ask without creating an ruckus"

"We're sorry" I apologized "it's just we had some unexpected guest coming to our table" I looked at the newcomers.

"I see," Martha knelt down to Scarlet and ask "do you want something to eat as well?"

"Yes!" Scarlet nodded "can I have the same as Sil than?!"

"Sure" Martha delightedly answered "what about you Aqua?"

"Same!"

"Sure, sure, I'll tell Darwin it's you two than" she said waving as she disappeared into the back.

"I wish I can get some special treatment" I'am truly envious of the treatment these two girls get. Silver get's it as well but iam sure he's a special case like how he always seem to be.

Scarlet and Aqua jumping into the seat next to Lady Ashley and started talking "Sil did you learn anything today?!" Aqua ask.

"Not much" he answered.

Hearing that she turn to me "Grandpa Sage when are you going to teach him that thing?!" That thing, did she means my Art?

"You brother has a few days to go" few days are still short, I tired teaching my Mage Art to a few Space Mages but at takes years and half of them gave up before this could get to where Silver is, so progress was being made at an astonishing speed.

But these genius little girl doesn't seem to understand that learning takes time as she puff her cheeks and told Silver "Sil try harder!"

Silver just looked at her in disbelief before ignoring her.

"Are you talking about Magic Technique's?!" Scarlet ask.

"Yes" I nodded "though the one we're talking about can only by achieved if you have the Space Attributes, maybe you should ask you mother for her's" that Ruby has two right? Instant Combustion and White Flames, those two are absolutely devastating.

"But she says it's too dangerous!" Scarlet yelled out the problem.

"Her Arts are highly dangerous," now that i think about it, Ruby was right to not teach her daugther that yet "maybe in the near future you can ask her"

"Hmp!"

"Well Aqua, doesn't your mother also have one?" Though this one is bound to give the user frostbite, maybe i shouldn't of have said that.

"Really?" Aqua jumped.

"Well this one might have to wait as well"

"Why?!"

"Mage Art's isn't for children to handle" saying that, Silver look at me unsure.

"But Sil learning one!" They complained.

"That's because my Art isn't as dangerous" only the learning process was.

"Iam still asking Mom!" Aqua shouted with a determed look while Scarlet nodded in agreement.

"Well suit yourself" I sigh and prayed that they don't destroy the village while they are learning.

As Lady Ashley got her bow of noodles, she shoved the unopen letter into her breast and started eating with the cop sticks given. Cop sticks, the devil's utensil, that damn merchant also used this bizarre utensil, no wonder he and Dawrin seem so alike.

As I was about to eat the curry with a normal utensil like a spoon, I remember I ordered the other one for Silver "i almost forgot, Silver this is yours" I said passing him the smaller size one.

"Hm? Didn't i order the fish?"

"I just forgot to tell you I made an order for you as well"

"Oh, guess I wasted a plate than" he said looking at the curry i slid to him.

"You can always share it with these two" Torched proposed pointing at the two Spirits that were eyeing each other the whole time, doesn't help Scarlet and Aqua sat next to each other.

"That's right" Silver nodded and ask the two "do Spirit's like fish?"

"We don't eat Human food!" White shouted.

"What he means is that Spirits have no need for Human food or any food at all, but is willing to eat for the pleasure"

"Y-"

"Isn't that right?"

"Well yes"

"Good, i'll also be having a portion than"

That was all Florence need to hear to agree to eat it "yes we are willing"

"Than it seem we will be staying in your company for a while longer" he stretched himself and leaped into Silver's lap "please inform me when the fish get here"

Silver nodded watching Torch circle around his lap before laying down. While he was laying down, Silver had the urge to stroke Torch's head.

When he looked back up, his plate was missing. On the other side Scarlet and Aqua was eating it already "you two" he said.

"Hey you aren't going to eat it all anyways" Scarlet said cheekily but placed it in reach of Silver so he could enjoy it still.

Just as he started slowly eating it, Martha came back with two large serveing of fishes and placed it infront of the two girls "you two don't steal Silver's you've got your own"

You know if you don't watch it Darwin, these three might become overweight. Don't think I didn't see that the plates given to the three children were larger than our, that's exactly why I took the one that was supposed to be Silver's.

"My this does look good" Florence said looking at the large fried fish.

"Save it, those are for the girls" White told her the pecking order.

Just than Martha came back with the third "and here's the your three's" she must of have heard our conversation and knew we traded dishes and politely told them.

Placing it in the middle of the table, the three were let go or informed and allowed to jumped up to the table and contrast to before, they acted like civiled people now.

Like aways the food here was good, this alone was worth traveling so far, well no anymore, but I can come here everyday. The only downside was the cost, but it was still low to the relative price of any so called high class food in the city's.

Even the Spirits who usually find Human food blend and vouch for Mana was impressed with the fish.

"What is this?" I knew Florence was asking Torch but that was the exact reason why I intervene.

"Curry, something from the shop owner's home town"

"I wasn't asking you Sage" she hissed "now, may I know my saviors name?"

"Please don't be s-" as Florence tries to flurt with Torch, he just devert it back into a normal chat each time and didn't allow her to make any moves.

The first to be done was surprisingly Silver who ate very little in terms of us. Saying he was done he thanked Lady Ashley and me and left.

I wonder how he is so calm, that question suddenly appeared in my head, how was he so calm, he shouldn't of have acted so casually after waking up to an new place. Was this what his mother meant by weird?

After Silver left, the two girls picked up the pace and left soon after to catch up with him.

Seeing them gone, the next one to fly out was White who warned Florence before leaving but she didn't even bat an eye to him. Torch soon followed telling us to have a wonderful day.

Florence was about to follow Torch out but Lady Ashley stopped her "Florence stay, I'll need you to return a message" she said pulling out the letter.

Opening it up she began reading through it before slowly placing it down for a moment of silence.

"What is it Lady Ashley?" I ask.

"Well, Hail has been killed" Hail, the half Spirit son of Gold. Know for his power second to Lady Ashley and the Emperor's, how was he killed?

"That- that's impossible, unless, unless the gods betrayed us" Florence said in disbelief, even I can't believe it.

I have first hand account of how strong he is, able to cut mountains in half with just a swing of an mystical sword. Overpowering Giant's in raw power, even Master Mage like me can't even come close to his level.

Who aside fromt the gods can kill him?

"I was wondering why we lost contact with him 3 years ago" I can tell Lady Ashley wanted to curse "be on your guard, the killers may aim for us as well"

The fear was real, it's happening, the clock of fate has started ticking already, how long do we have until everything blows?

These three, Silver, Aqua and Scarlet, their time is precious.

I stood up was ready to leave but Lady Ashley asked me "where are you going?"

"Lady Ashley I'am going to talk to Ruby and Crystal about some matter, wish me luck"

End.

Astral- A land mass to the south of Sif where Spirits rule supreme, giving it the nickname, Paradise of Spirits.

Mage Art/Technique- Unique style of magic Spell that is essential for a Mage to become a Master Mage. Mage Art's involves the complete understanding of one's own Mana and Element to draw out an untapped potential. (Sorry for the late explanation on this and the next one)

Mage Society- Mage's are held in the same category as Noble Family's and hold great position within many. It would be uncommon to find an Mage joining an Family as most find more opportunities creating their own.

In Mage Society their are 5 ranks, Common, Apprentice, Offical, Battle and Master.

Each rank is treated with different level of respect, from just local small lords to someone second only to the Queen.

Ps.

See ya next time,

Also anything i need to explain more in detail, just ask because i forget to add or to lazy to make these informational line (referring to the definition or explanation above this).


0