Chapter 11 – The Test 1
1.8k 7 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11 - The Test 1

“My head. It hurts. Haaaaaa.”

“2(x + 5) - 4(x - 7) + 7 = 10(x - 8); this must be 10th grade level math. I can’t do this yet. I guess I’ll just watch a tutorial video.”

Oh, you thought I was thinking about how to deal with the FBI? Well, I just ignored it. Not really my problem right now since I have homework to do. Homework takes priority. I’m sure America will be fine; America is the strongest country out there. It’s quite unreasonable to demand a 9-year-old to help you deal with a national threat. I’m just an innocent 9-year-old. Nothing more.

I also can’t lose my mom’s trust. It’s definitely conflicting, but I’ll be able to do something once I pass the test. For now, my enemy is Algebra.

“Lotte! Dinner's ready!”

“Yes, mom!”

I shall defeat my Algebra homework after I energise myself with mom’s cooking.

---

After cleaning up my desk, and shutting off my computer, I rushed downstairs and prepared to snack on today’s dinner. Steak with chips, and some rice.

As I munch away, my dad turns on the news on his phone whilst eating.

{Just now, here in downtown Melbourne, an identified member of a recently identified terrorist group, the IAA, went on a rampage in a local mall. 5 people have been reported dead, with 4 being officers. There have been over 30 reported attacks in multiple developed countries around the world in the last 12 hours alone. The leaders of the world are rushing to deploy armed police officers, and soldiers in major cities. This is the most organised attack by a terrorist group in history. The goals of the IAA are unknown for now, but many suspect it’s to cause anarchy around the world. There have only been 4 attacks prevented by counter-terrorist forces. Many people are now doubting the effectiveness of counter-terrorist groups built up around the world. We will be right back after a break.}

I jumped a little when I heard the IAA attacked more targets. Let’s just ignore that, and focus on power rangers or something. Yes, power rangers will help me focus away from the IAA.

“My, with this terrorist thing around, I'm a little worried. Lotte’s school is pretty famous; they might target it.”

“Don’t worry dear, I’m sure it’ll be fine. If anything ever happens, I’ll personally fly in there and beat ‘em up.”

Whilst my mom worries about my safety, dad tries to act cool. I’ve heard quite a few stories about Australia whilst researching on the internet. We live in a deadly country, and apparently, the drop bear is the most dangerous creature. I’ve also heard stories about the Australian army losing a war against a creature called the emu.

Looking at the technology of the Australian defence force, I wonder what kind of creature an emu, or a drop bear must be. A giant dragon size, super poisonous grey bear, even eating poisonous leaves and pooping poisonous poop. Truly frightening.

Oh right, I should be going on a field trip to the zoo next week. I wonder if I can find an emu or a drop bear there. Maybe I can fight one using my magic. I should only have a minute, but even at half power, I should be enough for me to deal some good damage. If only I could use a cruise missile. Maybe in the future- no, definitely in the future; I will fight a drop bear with some cruise missiles.

{Ding Dong}

“Did someone order a package?”

“Nope.”

“Nope.”

With a sudden doorbell ring, my mom asks if me or my dad have ordered something. With both of us replying with no, she stands up from her chair and walks to the door. After some time, she returns with several men in full black. Ah, crap.

“Oh. Good evening, Miss Charlotte Irlandi. I’m Hector, from the ASIO. I’m here to-”

“No.”

“””????”””

The agents had a confused look on their face. I instantly declined for obvious reasons, but they at least had manners and greeted me. My dad was confused, but he just ignored it and continued eating. Does the act of ignoring people run in my bloodline? I'll have to research that later.

“Why?”

The agent that asked me the question asked why; there's only 1 reason why, and it's all because if your comrade.

“I don’t have my mom’s permission.”

Everyone in the room, except me and my mom, was flabbergasted.

“Please, Mrs Irlandi. We will pay you several million dollars; please let your daughter sell us some information.”

“I don’t trust you guys. Unless you can guarantee my daughter’s safety, I won’t allow it.”

“We will deploy trained bodyguards, and members of the Royal army to guard your daughter!”

“Come back in 3 days. It’s late now. Also, she has school to focus on.”

“W-we can help you with that. I'm sure the government can help her skip school for a few days.”

“3. Days.”

“Understood.”

The men left the room without putting up much of a fight. I was right when I said moms were at the top of the food chain.

“Lotte.”

I jumped, hearing my name from my mom. D-did I do something wrong?

“You won’t be going to school tomorrow. You will be doing my test. Finish dinner quickly; we’ll be heading out at 5:00 am.”

“Roger that!”

I felt scared, anxious, and excited at the same time. What will the test look like? Perhaps I have to fight an emu with only an M4 rifle, and 120 rounds, or even a drop bear.

76