Chapter 4 – Trials Of The Classroom 2
3.1k 11 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 - Trials Of The Classroom 2

 

I sat myself at the back part of the circle, facing directly at the teacher. One by one, every kid introduced themselves with their name, age, and hobby. There were things like video games, socker, and building leygo. I don’t know some of them were, but the last one was intriguing; to think that kids this young already have jobs in construction. 

I should prepare myself so that I don’t mess up my introduction. I could already hear a kid crying from the intense questioning next door. My name and age should be easy, but the teacher’s real purpose is likely to gauge our abilities through our hobbies. I should say that I have a hobby with weapons so that I can be avoided by people wanting to challenge me with swords. Guns may be out of the way, but swords are still a thing. By showing my vast knowledge about weapons, it hints that I may have some guns, and a duel with me will not be a good idea.

I start by introducing powerful weapons so that I can pretend that I have such arsenals, and it can also notify the teacher that I’m at least capable enough to know the most powerful weapons. I must also give my thanks to Google for giving me such knowledge from a quick search.

Looking at who’s currently talking, I see that it's 5 students away from my turn. I have prepared everything with thorough research. I mustn’t fail. 

---

The person next to me has finished their introduction; time for me to shine!

“My name is Charlotte, age 6. It is a pleasure to meet everyone. My hobbies are dealing with powerful weapons such as Hydrogen bombs, Apache-64 gunships, inter-continental ballistic missiles, and massive ordnance air blast bombs, or MOAB for short. I also look at handheld weapons such as the Kalashnikov rifle, and the RPG-7.”

I made sure not to use acquaintance this time since the Amelia girl reacted weirdly when I said it. Maybe the dictionary had an error with the word acquaintance. I’ll have to check it on the computer later.

“Uhhh. Very interesting. Next.”

The topic quickly switches to the person next to me. I suppose they can’t waste too much time on every single introduction. The class didn’t react too much, but the teacher had a surprised look. Maybe she didn’t expect that answer. I suppose she hasn’t taught us about them yet. Did I accidentally say some grade 1 or 2 level things? Google must be amazing if that's the case.

After the introduction, we were told to do some colouring activities. I guess the teacher is trying to calm us down, and distract us while she records information on us. Anyways, we did the colouring activity until the bell rang. I was surprised at the amount of blues available; blue was a colour for the rich back in my old world, it took quite a lot of effort to make blue dye since there was barely anything naturally blue. 

I open my bag that was hanging on my chair and pulled out a lunch box. The lunch box had a ham sandwich, an apple, and a tiny water bottle. I wasn’t really hungry, so I just ate the apple, leaving the sandwich for later. 

I walked to the area where kindergarteners stay, and sat down on a nearby bench, munching away at my sandwich. Oh wait, I still have a quest from the system. 

[Quest: Befriend kids(0/3)]

I haven’t used the system much; this is the first quest I have. Still weird that I don’t have a friend yet, I thought I made friends with that Amelia girl from before. Thinking of a way to approach and befriend kids, in a not creepy way, is almost impossible. How does everyone already have friends?

“Hey! There you are; don’t you have any friends?”

Suddenly, a familiar voice calls out to me from behind. I look back and saw Amelia running towards me with some other students with her.

“I’m not too sure if I’m allowed here, but I had a feeling that you would be alone.”

How did she know? Maybe this is the powers taught in 4th grade. Anyways, since I’ve already interacted with her, it should be easier to befriend her.

“Hey, Amelia, why are we playing in the little kid's area.”

Oi, aren’t you a little kid too?

A guy didn’t seem to like this area too much. I suppose it’s like the arrogance of nobles in my previous life but on a slightly smaller scale. 

There were 3 guys and 2 girls with Amelia, so it was fairly mixed. If I can befriend Amelia, I should be able to easily befriend others in the same friend group as her. I should introduce myself first.

“Nice to meet you again, Amelia, and Amelia’s friends I presume?”

“Woah, hey, didn’t we just learn that word from the last lesson?”

“Yeah! We did!”

Two other kids were talking about the words I used. I guess I’m ahead in terms of my vocabulary since I’m mentally 50. I’m not too sure on technology and combat though.

“See? She’s like the other kindergarteners. I even learnt a new word from her. Anyways, do you want to play with us?”

“So, we can be friends?”

This is easier than expected, I guess researching on my computer for many sleepless nights paid off.

“Yeah sure. Nobody minds, right?”

“Whatever.”

“Yeah.”

“Yup.”

“*munch*”

It seems one of the guys disappeared somewhere, but, everyone seems to agree to let me join their friend group. I'm guessing the guy eating his apple also agreed, so infiltration is a success! 

[Quest: Befriend kids(5/3)]

[Quest: Completed]

[Reward: 2 Skill points, $10]

Wow, I also gain money from quests?

“Alright, let’s play hide and seek! I’ll be it! You have 30 seconds!”

Amelia decides to play hide and seek. I’ve never heard of it before but guessing from the name, I’m supposed to hide whilst Amelia tries to find where I hide.

I quickly ran away and hid behind a tree nearby. She might overlook this spot since it’s too close. She might have the advantage of living in a much more technologically developed world, but, I have the advantage of 30 years of jungle warfare on my side!

While I stay in hiding, I should probably spend my skill points on something.

90